Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

TheDon01 posted:

Lydia is gonna be pissed as hell at Mike. he's attracting unnecessary attention when he's not even supposed to exist, and if anything their sloppy practices might even be part of how they obscure, launder and traffic money/drugs.

As fastidious as Gus is I'd assume he would want every I dotted and T crossed, his whole thing is appearing like a legit businessman running a legit business with legit suppliers. I'm assuming Mike plays no small part in helping him get his distribution network set up that way.

Colonel Whitey posted:

They weren’t done with each other at all. They were trying to put up that front to protect themselves from pain. The whole deal with Saul is that he’s a mask for Jimmy’s pain. He’s Pagliacci.

*Therapist* You're in some hot legal water and need the best criminal attorney in town, why you'd Better Call Saul, my man!
*Jimmy McGill, in tears* But doctor...

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

Breaking Bad is better because in that show Mike dies instead of having endless pointless scenes which go nowhere interesting.

The wrongest take :(

Honestly I can see people not liking how slow and methodical BCS is, but I equally can't imagine why that same person would still be watching this show now 4 seasons in to slow and methodical storytelling. Like haha how is that a thing like just go outside man haha. At this point I'd happily watch Jonathan Banks tie his shoes for 10 minutes just to watch the actor work.

wormil posted:

Nobody fucks with a man carrying a clipboard, obviously that guy is doing serious poo poo and you don't want any part of it.

I've been pulling that poo poo since high school. Have a piece of paper in your hand that could be a hall pass, look straight ahead and ignore everyone else, all the other teachers assume you're legit. Social engineering lesson 1 is look like you belong there.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Right, when Walt comes to him asking how to move more meth at once after Tuco is gone, Saul says 'he knows a guy who knows a guy' which they've retconned into meaning he knows Mike works for a larger distributor. Remember Mike's whole character was made up during production when Bob wasn't available to film the scene with Jesse after Jane OD'd so they invented the 'cleaner' character. However as late as season 3 he still thinks of Mike as 'his' CI, which seems to imply he doesn't know just how involved Mike is.

Having said all that, he also knows enough to throw out the names Nacho and Lilo when stood up over a hole in the desert so he's at least on the periphery of the Salamanca distro network. I believe we're going to meet Lilo this season so I'm sure a lot of this will be explained in the coming weeks.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My two favorite things in this episode:

1) Jimmy's car bottoming out when entering and leaving the copy place parking lot. We see it happen when he arrives, but at the end of the scene he just drives off camera and we hear the CHUNK CHUNK. That's a really great way to aurally bookend the scene and somehow works as an effective segue into the next scene despite being an auditory smash cut SCENE OVER GO NOW.

2) I wonder how many times Bob and Rhea had to mac down on the couch before they got the goldfish to swim over into the shot juuuuuuuust right. Probably 40 or 50 tries I bet. I'm sure that shot is a split screen being hidden by the camera focus, but it's fun to dream :shobon:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A couple of people already pointed it out, but I love to amateur film geek out about shots like this:

:discourse: :discourse: :discourse:

THIS is what I wish they would talk about on the podcast, going into how they decided to shoot it like that and all the references and film-language symbolism that goes into it. Bummed out to hear that it sounds like they've just continued to drift further and further off topic each week. At least in the first half of BB when Kelley was running it she made some effort to keep them talking about the actual episode :(

Jealous Cow posted:

The locations sort of match where Gus expanded into once his lab was up and running.

Why would the location of bank branches have anything to do with it? I suppose they could retcon MV into being 'friendly' to Gus and him using them to launder all his cash?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ditocoaf posted:

I wish I'd never had the thought back in season 1 "Wow this could stand on its own as a better show than Breaking Bad". The show since has been a great and fun extension of that show, but I keep being disappointed by it being "just" that.

BB was never my very-favorite TV show, but BCS was by the end of its first season. But now I've got to accept that I had a mistaken idea of what they were trying to accomplish, and just enjoy this for what it is.

There was a pretty big hiccup between the last episode of s1 and the first of s2. As I understand it, they weren't guaranteed more episodes after s1 so they wrote it so that it could kinda-sorta stand on its own as a BB prequel, with Jimmy blowing off the cushy office gig to go become Saul Goodman. Once they got more seasons, they had to walk that back to continue the narrative so we get the out-of-character whiplash of Jimmy rushing back in to accept the position.

Literally no reason to think this. It would be highly illegal and as others said completely out of Kim's Lawful Good nature. This is just this season's Mike's Voice fan wank, we should really just relax.

For Better Call Saaaaaaaulll

Season Fooooooooooooouuuurr

*twang*

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just thought of this, why would she be getting all emotional hearing him read her own letter that she super-illegally forged (in Chuck's handwriting for an entire page!!) specifically to make him feel better? It's almost like these TV watchers don't understand how real people interact with one another :thunk:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I see no evidence or reason to believe Gus and Gail were ever romantic. Gus bankrolled his education as a way to have a PhD chemist on his payroll when the time came to set up The Lab, and for such a long-term project of course he wants to maintain at least friendly relations between them. Gail is just his hetero-lifemate guys :rolleyes:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cromulent posted:

I can't understand the first part of what Mike says on the last line of the episode. All I hear is "You brought me here because you have an ask." What's he saying?

That's it. 'An ask' means Gus has something he wasts to ask Mike to do.

e: Unless you meant you couldn't hear the line before that:
Mike: "So. What now? You gonna make a move, you better make it! But they're not gonna, are they? You brought me here because you have an ask. So why don't you stop running the game on me and just tell me about the job?"

Raxivace posted:

I don't know if its ever been confirmed, but FWIW the Mike backstory episode from season 1 of BCS very much feels like a riff on the pilot of The Shield to me.

In what way? I did a full Shield rewatch a few weeks ago and aside from (Episode 1 Shield spoilers) one cop shooting another cop I don't see any other similarities. In The Shield, a bad cop shot a good cop. In BCS, a corrupt cop with a heart of gold shot 2 other cops because they killed his son.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 30, 2018

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hailthefish posted:

Matty was a Good Cop who got killed by Bad Cops for refusing to participate in their corruption.

I thought the whole point of that was that Matty ended up taking the money and they killed him anyway. That does make him a better cop but I wouldn't call it a Shield reference.

SeANMcBAY posted:

It also has the best finale of any drama.

It does pull the trick of ending a series on a satisfactory note, which is super hard to pull off. Besides that and BB itself I can't really think of another comparable drama that does it better. I think The Sopranos really poisoned the well for a good few years after its 'ending'.

Wait, Six Feet Under, that was a good one too.

Agent Escalus posted:

^ It's not a "gory" or gutter-level show though; that bit with the bathtub was one of the "worst" in the series, yes, but the majority of BB isn't on-screen violent (with a few big flare-ups) or directly dealing with junkies. I implore you to give BB another try, at least until the point where Gus shows up.

Yeah, they were definitely still finding their feet in the first 2 seasons, but after that they settled pretty firmly into expressing most of the violence by what they don't put on screen, which makes the relatively few action scenes all the more shocking and effective (penultimate episode of season 3: "Run.").

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Think I tapped out of Justified after season 4 because it didn't seem to have any overall narrative anymore, and Goggins' character got a bit too comic book-y for me, much like the twins. Are the last 2 seasons a significant step up from 3-4?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

I subscribe to the interpretation that he's assassinated.
Read a great essay detailing the use of editing and perspective in that scene that I'd dig out if I wasn't phone posting. The beat when, every other time in the sequence, it's supposed to be from Tony's point of view is when the cut to darkness happens.

This is cool stuff, the kind of thing that would go great in a podcast format... :argh: For the record I don't hate the Sopranos ending, more the generation of poor imitations it inspired.

For the latest episode, I really liked it as well. It was jumping around to so many different plots that for like the last 4 scenes I kept expecting them to smash to credits but there just kept being more show. Gus looms out of the shadows? OK show's over. Howard scene in the bathroom? Yeah we're done here. Jimmy still on my screen? I don't know why but I like it.

I've got a big print of a photo of that Dog House neon sign (which is a real place in Albuquerque) so I appreciated all of the loving shots of the sign reflected in street puddles. Weird that a show like this makes me want a 4k TV more than most movies.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Walt got Jesse hired at the lab to keep him from 1) bringing charges against Hank for beating his rear end and 2) to keep him from dropping dime on Heisenburg during same. So it was kinda self preservation and a whole lot of Jesse being the real Walt Jr. that got him involved with Gus at all. And then yeah beefing with the 2 dealers that caused Walt to full-measure their asses to save his life. The only way to avoid all that would have been to ice Jesse rather than hire him and Walt would never go for that. I can kinda see Walt would consider 'keeping his head down' to not be an option in that scenario.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Last Chance posted:

My point was that no matter how many times Victor or Jesse cooked, and even if they did fine, they still wouldn't have the chemical knowledge and flexibility that Walt has if equipment malfunctioned, environmental changes occurred, etc.

Walt knows this and putting Jesse up there as his equal is pure posturing and getting on his good side in order to manipulate him further.

This. I'm surprised to see so many takes about Walt considering Jesse his one true equal and partner. I interpret it as Walt knows Jesse will NEVER be as good as he is, so he can keep the dominant teacher/student thing going on forever. Gale legitimately could become his equal at some point, but as others pointed out the only reason Walt didn't happily work with him forever was to save Jesse from himself. There's specifically a montage of Walt and Gale cranking out meth and drinking supercoffee and playing chess in the lab, I would think that's the absolute highlight of the entire series as far as Walt's concerned. If Jesse had moved to Alaska and built boxes right then they'd probably still be down there making poison for people who don't care.

And the Walt/Gus scene people are talking about was something like
Gus: Are you asking me if I murdered a child?
Walt: I would never ask you that.
Gus: Good.

But yeah still ambiguous.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

The super lab being a special construction project makes no sense to me. It's too loving huge for that and also multiple stories high. I always imagined that they had re-purposed some old parking garage or warehouse or something for it. Making that thing so huge extends the build time by years and massively complicates the whole ordeal.

It's specifically an industrial laundromat because that gives justifications to big trucks rolling in and out all day and them getting huge shipments of chemicals delivered. How you gonna explain all that activity around an 'empty' parking garage? Yes it's a little bit supervillain secret lair-y, but compared to airplanes and terminator twins it's not that hard to take.

Konstantin posted:

The big issue is that Gale could easily be almost as good as Walt, and Gus trusts him. Once Gale learns Walt's secret formula, Walt is expendable, as Gus could live with the slight drop in quality. Gus would never let Jesse run the lab on his own, and Walt knows this.

"You're gonna need me."

Most people think at least half of Victor getting boxcuttered was out of frustration in actually needing Walt now that Gale was gone, and wanting to slap him in the face with something as 'revenge'. At least as much as getting spotted at the apartment.

:doh: I am made low by the Waltriarchy.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 7, 2018

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cnut the Great posted:

You yourself just illustrated exactly that take doesn't make sense. The series provides Walt with someone who is clearly his rough intellectual equal (while still being subservient to him, of course) and Walt has no problem with it. But he'd still rather work with Jesse, someone who despite his lack of formal education is a more innately talented cook than Gale and who, unlike Gale, is constantly causing problems and giving Walt pushback. Walt just plain likes Jesse. Even Hank immediately understands this.

I don't remember anything that would imply Jesse is better or more talented than Gale. He's able to passably learn Walt's process and can now solo(ish) manufacture meth to 96% pure vs Walt's 99%, but I see no reason to believe with the same experience Gale wouldn't be right there at 99%, having the chemical knowledge to match Walt almost exactly.

I see Walt's attachment to Jesse coming out in scenes from Three Days Out when they're building the robot battery and he flips into teacher mode when Jesse asks about current and dielectric and poo poo. And again beaming with a fatherly pride when Jesse works out how to get their equipment to fit in the Vamanos Pest boxes.

My reading is that Walt's attachment to Jesse specifically has nothing to do with his quality as a cook and everything to do with his teacher/student dynamic. I mean Jesse only ever doesn't call him Mr. White like twice in the whole show, while Mike uses Walt and Gus is all about Walter. That's another way the writers indicate how those characters view each other.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Cnut the Great posted:

Gale is a lifelong scientist with a textbook knowledge of chemistry which far exceeds Jesse's, and yet Jesse still manages to match Gale's results after working with Walt for less than a year. Jesse has a natural, intuitive aptitude for learning processes. We see this quality manifest in flashbacks where he works and works and finally makes the perfect wooden box. We also know Jesse is actually pretty smart and excels at outside-the-box thinking. If Jesse applied himself and wasn't so lazy, he could have been a great chemist. Even back when he was a high school student Walt apparently recognized this, which is why he pushed him so hard to apply himself. As Jesse's mother says in one episode: "Mr. White must have seen some potential in Jesse. He really tried to motivate him. He was one of the few teachers who cared." This is probably why Walt instantly recognizes him in the first episode. He wasn't just some random burnout student he had years ago. He was someone who Walt identified as a really smart kid with an aptitude for the subject who refused to study or do the work that would allow him to be successful. And Walt was apparently one of the few people who even could see that or bothered to take Jesse seriously at all.

People forget that Walt was actually a good teacher who cared about his students. Part of the tragedy is how Walt's positive qualities are increasingly corrupted by his one huge flaw, his pride. He was never the best person, but he wasn't a bad person either. He wasn't a lifelong sociopath just waiting for permission, like so many people who think they've cracked the show wide open just love to pontificate about. That interpretation turns a great, complex show into something really one-dimensional and dull, and I'm honestly not sure what those people even get out of it. I guess they just enjoy the catharsis of booing and hissing at a character they can uncomplicatedly hate?

I don't dispute that Jesse was a bright kid, but I don't see any evidence that we're supposed to think he has some kind of innate chemistry skills. He was 'as good' as Gale because he'd been hand taught by MethKing Walt (who as you say is a legit good teacher), but he was largely just copying him and learning through repetition. Remember he still gets his phenylacetic acid from the barrel with the bee on it. I still think the one and only reason Walt kept him around was because he could keep him under his thumb. Jesse was good, sure, but there was no danger of him ever being better, or for being able to replace Walt.

Mario death mask posted:

When those kids beat him up, that was when Jimmy McGill died and it was Saul Goodman who got up

Have they talked about the projected total length of BCS? We've had a bunch of 'this is the birth of Saul Goodman' scenes and so far they keep yo-yo-ing back and forth about him going full criminal attorney. I guess they need to wait at least until he gets his license back?

Also, back when the episode aired someone asked if one of the punks was the same guy that Kim defended earlier. Someone replied that it wasn't but I'm pretty sure that it was. I can double check when I get home, but isn't the kid with dark hair the same from Kim's scene?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Most of the latter seasons are somewhere between bad and middling and aren't really worth spending time on, but season 8 is insane enough that it might be worth watching if you're the sort who gets off on watching really bad TV.

I think if you really want to watch Dexter without having to actually 'watch' it, you should do something like this:

Watch seasons 1 and 2 cuz those are legit good. Then watch the first and last episodes of seasons 3-7, and all the 'Last Time On' segments in between. That should let you clear those seasons in less than 2 hours each. Then watch season 8 to see how the whole turd ball comes crashing down.

That's a pretty common way to depict a character's death, and also Christ allegories a la Cool Hand Luke. It's possible it is meant to be a reference to the death of Jimmy and therefore the birth of Saul.

Ornithology posted:

I mean yes this is true but 10-20% (under 5% in the show) more profit doesn't seem worth the amount of murders and grief that comes from having Walt as your #1 employee

I thought the in-show justification was that they could cut higher purity meth down that much more and effectively get more product out of the same ingredients / batch size.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'd watch at least all the Miguel-centric scenes in season 3, and maybe the Trinity-centric scenes in 4. I forget when exactly the B-plots become totally pointless, but the A-plots of those seasons are still worth following.

I will admit Lithgow does a drat fine job as the antagonist of season 4. Really cool against-type casting there. Shame about... The rest.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Low stakes BCS is wonderful. Dexter was terrible at low stakes, especially after having had such an intense season 4. Trinity was almost entirely forgotten afterwards, and Dexter then had insane plot armour the whole way through.

The best part about good shows is that actions have consequences. That didn't really happen in Dexter, especially later on. And if the writers don't give a poo poo, why should we?

Even grazing over the latter seasons, I noticed some shocking laziness. Like in once scene Deb is in a restaurant and a crazy gunman runs in and shoots the place up and she takes him out. Later on they're pretending she's traumatized by this and somebody shows her some 'cell phone footage' that someone in the restaurant supposedly took, and it was literally the same shot from the earlier episode, complete with camera cuts and editing :what:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Agent Escalus posted:

Well, let's break it down:

Even though it was a no-win situation, Jimmy went to bat for those kids

loving NICE

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bbf2 posted:

We got him in the cold open last week

TBF that was a flash forward, but pinata'ing 3 teenagers with your hired goons seems pretty Saul-y to me. This season has already seen him setting up literal burglaries and how he's building a permanent system to scam cellphones to criminals. Once he's officially a lawyer again that's an automatic client base right there.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

QwertySanchez posted:

For all the complaints we get every week about how nothing happens, Mike takes up too much time blah blah blah, this here is the particular thing that's been nagging at the back of my mind while watching. If Jimmy ever gets caught on any of his schemes, he'd be done. He'd lose his chance at ever being a lawyer again. And as the show gets closer and closer to the start of BB timeline wise. Where he's a successful crooked lawyer, it's sucking the suspense out of stuff like the hummel theft, messing with these kids. Because from this point on, as far as Jimmy's cons and schemes, he can't lose, he cannot gently caress up. He can't do anything wrong.

This isn't necessarily true, I think a lot of bridges can be rebuilt once he starts saving dudes from prison. It also handily creates a Mutually Assured Destruction situation where if he gets busted and loses his license again, all his cases get retried.

oh jay posted:

I feel like I've seen that episode before. Everything was so...familiar. I'm 90% sure there was a scene in Breaking Bad that started with a closeup of a wobbly wheel on a cart. And a slow zoom in to Walt's face as ambient noises get louder and louder. This episode also featured a deliberately poorly lit room and a longwinded story that is a completely onthenose metaphor.

We are approaching maximum Vince Gilligan and it's a little boring to me.

gently caress you Jimmy was pretty good though.

"The merciful thing to do would have been to kill it. No half measures."

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Somebody's getting blow'd up this season. We know they need one more blast and we know Kai is the expert, but since they've been building him up as the troublemaker I'm betting he heroically sacrifices himself to save the others from a cave in or something.

Barreft posted:

Are you familiar with american healthcare

In the BB threads Europeans kept asking about Walt's treatment because they couldn't wrap their minds around having to pay 1000s of dollars for treatment or die in the street. "If you're sick just go to the hospital, what the gently caress are you stupid Americans doing over there?"

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mng posted:

She's gonna make a bunch of protest signs and stage a protest at the court house or something because it's a black man with a 3 year old prior for loving pick pocketing getting the book thrown at him.

Now this is a possibility. I think they had that whole scene with her comparing prior assaults on cops with the sandwich smash for a reason.

The idea she's going to imply something about Huell's mental capacity by using 1000 colored markers is ridiculous and a little bit insulting if I'm being honest. There's been no indication in this show or BB that Huell is in any way disabled, and a few seasons ago he was signed on as a witness in Jimmie VS Chuck, so even in-BCS-universe there's no justification for that line of thinking.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dogboy posted:

Since when does making someone look like a retard turn him into a retard?

It doesn't, that's why the idea doesn't make any sense. 1) I don't associate pens and markers with mental disability and 2) Huell is personally known to several people at the courthouse. They're supposed to just believe that whoopsie looks like he spontaneously developed the brain dumbs, guess he's not responsible for his actions :shrug: I will do a dance in a sriracha hooded onesie if this is what happens.

Cojawfee posted:

He probably could have made a lot of improvement if Gus didn't take away that specialist.

Yeah, this is what they were setting up with the fruit-cat story, Gus likes to trap things so he can control them. Once he was convinced Hector was all there mentally he immediately stops treatment to keep him in a crippled body. Stone cold. I'm expecting an extended Gus monologue explaining how it was he that stopped the treatment while Hector furiously mugs into the camera.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

... god dammit

Alan Smithee posted:

So to clarify. Is the hood part of the onesie full of sriracha

My body...

...is ready.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The showrunners mentioned that line in an interview, and basically said they saw no way of making it fit into Jimmy McGill's life. Unless he somehow gets a stepfather and a wife within the next couple of years, I think it's fair to assume that it didn't actually happen.

The showrunners have taken little throwaway lines like that and retroactively built them up into proper plot points (Omaha, looking like Kevin Costner), but they couldn't figure out a way to properly do that with his multiple-ex-wives comment so they're just Columbo'ing it.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

It's really not since the montages rarely last that long. That was two ridiculously long montages between the 6 minute opener and the 4 minute big rock candy mountain.

We also moved forward in time like 4 months. This was mostly a set-up episode, but now we have the German guys ready to explode (LITERALLY :smuggo: ) and Slippin' Kimmy's about to get into some hilarious courtroom shenanigans that will absolutely not involve making Huell look handicapped :pray: I don't watch the previews but I'm anticipating significantly more 'action' next week.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blind Pineapple posted:

Alcohol + pent up resentment that Schweikart is giving his woman the career and prestige she wants/deserves instead of him.

I would guess it's more like Jimmy is blaming them for taking Kim 'away from him' in that she chose to run their banking division and do PD casework rather than continue on with Wexler/McGill.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

He became Saul when he flipped the switch.

Nail Rat posted:

*Jimmy staggers backwards after knocking Howard out of a window with his lawyer skills*

"What have I done?" He sits down.

Bill looks down at him and smiles. "You are fulfilling your destiny...petty with a prior."

I appreciate these deep cuts.

e:

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I really really really appreciated this post.

I assume this is some Sisyphean task someone had like that dude counting sand in the Preacher comics. What thimbles :saddowns:

vvvvv 2 deep 4 me

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 21, 2018

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
OK Vince and Peter, do NOT gently caress me on this :sweatdrop:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

doesn't look like we're gonna get a sriracha dance :(

Had the song picked out and everything. Insane theory craft better next time thread :smug:

kefkafloyd posted:

It feels to me that Jimmy's going to break it off with Kim so she doesn't hurt herself in a scam, but that feels too easy.

So does 'Let's do it again' refer to somehow swinging the new building design? That sounds like a bunch of boring paperwork, until Saul Goodman gets involved :slick:

I'll admit I thought of this during the scene, but that would be a bit 4-D chess-y for Gus.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Did he? It’s been a while since I've seen it

He mad an Asian massage comment at one point, happy ending implied. But yeah still not the kind of thing you'd expect if Kim were still in his life, at least romantically.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Yeah, I’m thinking the Germans are going to be Mike’s introduction to full measures. Not just Kai, all of them.

Mike's full measure story is from his time as a cop in PA. There was so much blood you could taste the metal.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NowonSA posted:

Hmm yeah maybe not so much of a dead man's switch situation, but somehow their behavior raised some suspicions.

We could see a Hank tie-in at the finale too, with him poking around Cartel business somewhat, and maybe he passes by a clue to Gus' superlab but doesn't make the connection. Hank's the character with the natural in to the story, I expect him to pop up in season 5 and could be a fun fan thing to tease him coming in to the story at the end of S4, just like Gus was teased at the end of S2.

Hank didn't really get involved in cartel poo poo until Walt started flooding the market. In BB S1 he seemed perfectly happy to cowboy around busting the neighborhood methheads.

That's what I was going to say, then I remembered that by that time he already had Crazy 8 as an informant, so I guess that is a direct link into the Salamancas. I agree as we approach BB Convergence he probably will start showing up. Oh gently caress yeah Gomie can come back too :dance:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

romanowski posted:

lalo has had almost no buildup whatsoever though

Not in-show, but fans have been making GBS threads their pants since Season 1 because Saul namedropped him and Nacho in BB, and since we met Nacho they've been waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Mike is totally killing Werner, no half measures. I never really expected any of them to make it out of this, building-Pharaoh's-tomb style, but Werner is going to be personal :smith:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also the only cameras affected formed a path out of the building and off the property.

e:
Hey what's up buddy, life getting snuffed out soon? :smuggo:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 2, 2018

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

OctaviusBeaver posted:

In BCS the plot follows logically from the characters. In Bojack Horseman the plot follows from whatever hot button issue they want to lecture people about that week. It's not a bad show but it's not in the same league as BCS.

I just finished watching the latest season on Netflix, and while I still really like it, I can absolutely see complaints about it spending just a little too much time up its own rear end in a top hat. It is overwritten as hell and a bit too wind-nudge-LA-am-I-right-folks, but its good episodes are REALLY good. BCS is consistently great though so I definitely wouldn't recommend Bojack over BCS, but would recommend checking it out to anyone still on the fence about the cartoon horse show. Watch 502, "The Dog Days Are Over", if you don't like that then yeah the show's not for you, safely move on.

e:

Alan Smithee posted:

for real I want a spinoff of them but let's be real it would get Lone Gunmen ratings

But it may be the only way to accurately predict the next big terrorist attack :ohdear:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"Tonight's the night. Kai has to die for his hubris. It won't be a problem, I've done this hundreds of times before. I am going to murder him while everyone else sleeps. Dispose of the body elsewhere, and then tell them he's been transferred due to insubordination.

It's almost too perfect. It's just a shame that Deb and LaGuerta are constantly hanging around nearby, but I can distract them. I'm good at distracting people thanks to my dark passenger."

It took a second but then I heard this entire post in Dexter's voice and I'll be honest I kind of hate you a little bit right now :colbert:

e:

Milo and POTUS posted:

Don't say this, it makes you seem dumb as hell whether you are or aren't.

"Oh I think you already know the answer to that."

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blazing Ownager posted:

If all the Germans die this season, my money is on the Cartel, not Gus.

If the Cartel does in fact show up and murder all the workers it'd explain why Mike is so happy to put bullets in all their heads later.

I can't imagine a scenario where the cartel finds out about the workers but still doesn't know about Gus' secret lair. I'm assuming if they knew he was spinning up an operation to completely replace them in the meth game they'd raze it to the ground at a minimum, and they all seemed pretty surprised in BB when the poo poo hit the fan.