Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That was worth the wait. Can't wait to see the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Do you think Howard will feel bad about causing Chuck's death that he will try to offer Jimmy a job when he can practice law again?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's from Washington. 531-539 is Washington.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know why people say "Netflix will pick this up in a second" about tv shows they like. Netflix passed on the best science fiction tv show in years. There's no guarantee they would want better call Saul when it doesn't have amazing ratings. That's if AMC would even let it go.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

kefkafloyd posted:

It used to be, at least, until they started randomization.

That was in 2011, so the lady would have every reason to think he got his number before then.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

better call saul is the best show on tv. comparing it to the expanse lol.

They are both very good, I don't know what you're getting at.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

NowonSA posted:

Even as full-blown Saul we only ever saw him do evil poo poo when it benefited him, most often financially, so I can't really wrap my head around how stringing up Hamlin helps Jimmy, unless it's some kind of misdirected anger play or it'd somehow help Kim in a major way.

Jimmy felt that what he did made Chuck kill himself. Now he can tell himself that Howard is the one who forced Chuck out, so it's now his fault.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
He probably set up a will when he was married. if he never changed it, that's the most recent one.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm live posting from the ABQ

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Nail Rat posted:

Howard actually has empathy and shame though, I don't think being a lawyer would do that for Gus.

Gus does have empathy. He cares for the people who work for him at Los Pollos Hermanos. He works very hard to make sure they don't get affected by his drug business and he seems to care about their well being. Gus seems almost like a Venture Bros villain in that he lives a double life. Like Monstroso or Wide Wale. He's just a normal guy who is living his dream of coming to America and opening a chain of chicken restaurants. He gets to share his family recipe with people and also enjoys the simple day to day life of running the restaurant. He is also an evil villain who runs part of a drug cartel and kills people.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Jimmy wants to be the person in charge so he can do whatever he wants to get his task done. In the jobs we've seen him in, he either hates it or he's in charge.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It would be better if Kim were some sort of federal prosecutor or something and she ends up prosecuting Jimmy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
She could be brought in as an expert on money laundering or whatever financial crimes Saul Goodman committed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I was under the impression that he was going to be investigating what happened to uncle tio

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's nice that Gus let Nacho use a foam pad.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Am I the only one who's hoping for minimum BB overlap? One show featuring Walter White was quite enough, and I don't really see how the frame of his bullshit would add all that much to the lives of Kim, Howard or Nacho. I have faith that the show could pull it off, but I don't feel it's necessary.

I'd be down for some Hank action, though.

I don't want this to be the Walter White Show, but I would like to see some things from that show from Saul's perspective. Maybe they can show his reaction or the fallout of some of those things with enough explanation that they don't have to include Walt to have it make sense.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hector was stroked out for the entirety of Breaking Bad. Anything he did while walking around and talking was during Better Call Saul or in a flashback.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I like watching Mike do Mike stuff.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Holy poo poo that guy got scammed by a Kirby vacuum salesman. Jimmy was right about him.

Also, this episode seemed to end really abruptly. Jimmy reads the letter, Kim realizes he's become a sociopath and then it just ends.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Could it be that Kim did something bad in Nebraska and had to run away? She could have practiced law in Omaha or something, why did she have to run to ABQ? Maybe she found a way to live in New Mexico without drawing attention to herself and she can't do these things in those other states.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Madrigal Electromotive Sells A Very E-legal Radical Drug, Everyone

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I have to wonder what Chuck's plan for Jimmy was. Would he just work in the mail room forever and then beg Chuck for scraps when he's old?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The cowboy represents the freedom she has in her own practice. The miniature banks represent all of her problems shrinking away. You guys are bad at watching TV.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah, they probably do karaoke.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I was hoping for that. When I saw there would be a crazy guest in the episode and saw he was hiring someone to break in, I was really hoping it would be Kuby.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Douk Douk posted:

I just want to point out how extremely well-done that whole vet treating the wounds scene was. The crew really did their research when it comes to guerilla medicine. It was so tense and nerve-wracking and disgusting, all at the same time. And I learned that apparently there's a smell test involved when it comes to treating intestinal wounds. Educational!

Some guy on reddit posted that his dad is a surgeon and was the standin for the hands for that scene. And I guess he was smelling for poo poo to see if the guy's intestines were punctured.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know who says the podcast has to be only an hour. I do know I wish they would gently caress off. If the podcast is going to keep going off on tangents about being on conan or whatever, they should make the podcast be as long as it needs to be so they can discuss the parts of the episode they want to talk about.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Then they need someone to get them back on track when they start rambling about not Better Call Saul.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
A scene where we hear shouting from Saul's office and then some faceless guy in a green shirt storms out. Then Saul walks out, winks at the camera, wipes his brow, and says "Ok, Mrs. Garner? You wanted to draw up a will?"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Jeez, why would this prequel show let us see what happened to characters before the other show?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Data Graham posted:

Rewriting the letter seems way too "soap-opera" a move for this show.

"Jimmy I have a confession"

"What is it?"

"I wrote that letter you thought was from Chuck."

"What? How could you do this?"

"I don't know?"

"Why not?"

"You see, I have come down with a case of explosive amnesia."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Chuck wrote the letter when it seemed like Jimmy was becoming a good person in Chuck's eyes and then he just never updated it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

galenanorth posted:

I have a flowchart in my head of things that could be wrong with that couple

1. The rear end in a top hat guy got himself a gift (least likely)
2. Even if he's not the one doing the vacuuming, the "gift" is not worth the feeling of finances being imperiled by excessive spending and feeling less financially safe
3. Even if the business is going well and they are a well-to-do couple, the vacuum was expensive enough that they should have talked it over, as it seems there were prior incidents which should have caused him to know better about going behind her back

and whoever said the scene was also validated Jimmy's assessment that they were easy marks was on the nose, too

I still think it was a Kirby vacuum salesman who showed up while his wife was gone and gave him a hard sale. The guy is really gullible so he let the guy in to clean his carpets and then the guy refused to leave until he bought the vacuum. You can read about their sales tactics here.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
He wants to sink you with his pink torpedo

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

hailthefish posted:

Right?

Why invent a complicated series of misunderstandings involving a pushy Kirby salesman?

Because it plays into how gullible he is.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Better Pester Hector

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

At the beginning of season 5, there's a dead woman near an underpass or a bridge, and there's a clear shot that shows her very much breathing.

Classic, low-quality Dexter.

Pretty much all the victims in Dexter could be seen obviously breathing at some point. Could they not get someone to hold their breathe for 30 seconds?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Watching these badass scenes just makes the deaths of these characters even sadder. The Twins completely demolish a drug house and then later they are going to get killed with a car by Hank. Mike doesn't take poo poo from anyone and he's just going to get shot by Walt like it's nothing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I use Cricket and I've never been in a Cricket store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm surprised they haven't got on him about that. I assume they would have put in stipulation that he has to take any job he's offered.