Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
the most exciting, agonizing and sometimes poo poo league starts in like 4 days so gently caress it, here's a thread.

teams we all love:
the boro

teams we all hate:
leeds

teams that are here for the rest of eternity:

ipswich, norwich, sheff wed, derby

teams that are going down:

qpr, bolton, rotherham, wigan, hull.

teams that will probably get promoted:
forest, swansea, west brom, :stoke: and obviously boro.

the first game of the season is going to be derby vs reading and it will probably be poo poo.

you can probably also talk about league 1 and league 2 in this thread since they're all basically the same pit of despair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Can't wait for another 46 games of Steve Bruce's lovely negative football as we miss out on promotion again

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Big Saido's gonna tear this poverty league up!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Boro

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Actually cautiously optimistic as a Forest fan for the first time in a long while

Until it turns out Marinakis is match fixing our games after all

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
it's coming home

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If we get Ryan Woods off Brentford it will have very quickly become a good window. Not sure about Mckay but Celina is decent even if he's a thick oval office.

Shame Clucas didn't gently caress off to Burnley when he had the chance but you can't win them all.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Meat Wagon posted:

Big Saido's gonna tear this poverty league up!

Will he finally score a goal?

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

Will he finally score a goal?

Moritz Bauer has had a bet with the fans that Berahino will score at least 1 goal before christmas, if he doesn't he'll put a grand behind the bar. Gonna enjoy sipping my free plastic bottle of Carlsberg at Christmas.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

excuse me but Leeds is actually good

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Troy Queef posted:

excuse me but Leeds is actually good

im gona quote this when leeds come 12th

Carrier
May 12, 2009

i hope bristol city go up

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
im excited about the football starting tonight

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

im excited about the football starting tonight

i am also glad that football will be starting.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
there will be a football match between reading (lol) and derby (lol) in roughly 20 minutes.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Comedy league.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lamps looks like he's wandered up after an all nighter

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Im watching this watch

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
keogh is the worst player to consistently play in the championship its baffling lol

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Mason Mount sounds like an event in worlds strongest man

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
blackburn are gonna win the league

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
phwoar, derby, but also lol reading

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

keogh is the worst player to consistently play in the championship its baffling lol

His passing is incredibly bad for a professional footballer. The most reliable thing you could say about them is that he usually can get them within 180 degrees of their intended target.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

How was Harry Wilson in the Derby game? I have high hopes for him this season.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Ewar Woowar posted:

How was Harry Wilson in the Derby game? I have high hopes for him this season.

He was pretty decent, I would hope that he would get better as he adjusts to the team a bit more.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
So the EFL highlights this year are on a channel that no ones ever heard of called Quest. It’s not in HD, and it’s still presented by Colin loving Murray. I wish wish wish that the BBC would buy the rights back.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Quest is Eurosport's povvo channel on Freeview, it's good for snooker, and Man programs on How Things Made and How Stuff Work.

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
it's time for millwall, the unstoppable south london lions, to completely blow out the boro today. i hope boro's most expensive signing gets knocked into the stands by big byron webster

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Botswana! posted:

it's time for millwall, the unstoppable south london lions, to completely blow out the boro today. i hope boro's most expensive signing gets knocked into the stands by big byron webster

i hope millwall falls into the sea, also lol sunderland.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Anyone else using their club's iFollow service while pretending to be from overseas? Trying it for the first time today and it seems to be working

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
get in the millwall

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/BigSportGB/status/1025696039196614662

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Naughton, Narsingh and Ayew all conveniently absent. Hope they've actually got moves lined up and aren't just being dicks (not that I'd want any of them starting for us tbh).

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Insane injury time Tony pubeless come back

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
im glad my brave boro lions have fought back and scored twice vs the big gay lions of millwall

george friend is my friend

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm hyped for the Fulton & Carroll show in midfield.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

The Perfect Element posted:

So the EFL highlights this year are on a channel that no ones ever heard of called Quest. It’s not in HD, and it’s still presented by Colin loving Murray. I wish wish wish that the BBC would buy the rights back.

I believe Quest is in HD now.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/efl-highlights-on-quest-how-to-watch-when-what-time_sto6871189/story.shtml

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

I think you can watch HD clips on the app, but the actual TV channel is SD only. Downloading an app and setting up an account is a lot of effort to watch 30 seconds of Wycombe Wanderers highlights in glorious high definition once a week...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Montero is a treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

here's a good reason why people should like Leeds this year: Loco Bielsa
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/04/leeds-united-marcelo-bielsa?CMP=share_btn_tw