Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The best game of this year comes out in 3 hours. Im going to try beating it without looking at any guides using just my own handwritten notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Is it on Xbox?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

No sorry, its a steam indie treasure

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Control Volume posted:

No sorry, its a steam indie treasure

La Poolana Poo

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Why dont you take your trolling loving right out of this thread.. La Mulana 2 is better than anything than Microsuck could put out on their AIDS console

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Is it on Xbox?

its japanese

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

whoa that was sudden, i thought it was coming out in like fall for whatever reason.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i never played the first one, whats it like

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

bob stream la mulana 1

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i never played the first one, but i am extremely interested in 2

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The first one was made as a love letter to old school MSX exploration games, so it was trying to keep a lot of the bullshit puzzles but instead of just making them completely secret, they just put in really cryptic clues for the solution, ex. to set the tone, one of the most important items in the game has you walk through a wall and youll probably have spent 15 minutes trying to get the item from the next screen over where its just barely out of reach. So if you want to avoid guides, you have to take obsessive notes about everything because the riddles just get harder from there. It makes you feel like indiana jones when you figure things out

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

elf help book posted:

bob stream la mulana 1

i don't know if a blind run of LM1 would be great to watch or too frustrating to bear.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Wtf y'all need to go play 1. The remake version isn't a Wii eshop exclusive right? It's on PC too?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah its on PC. You can also get the original for free, its not that much different

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

The new one you play as his daughter who has an iPhone who takes pictures of the riddles

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Control Volume posted:

Yeah its on PC. You can also get the original for free, its not that much different

the clues are a little bit clearer in the remake. the original fan translation had some wonky clues idk if it was cuz of the translation or text space restritcions cuz it was a custom engine japanese indie game from 2005 or whatever. i still couldn't solve all the clues on my own tho i got stuck in the dark moon tomb of the giants in both games and used a walkthru after that oops

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Its not shameful to use a walkthrough for this game but the people who made it through the chamber of birth without looking things up are gaming gods

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'm pretty sure thats where i got stuck cuz its after the giants graveyard iirc

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Control Volume posted:

The first one was made as a love letter to old school MSX exploration games, so it was trying to keep a lot of the bullshit puzzles but instead of just making them completely secret, they just put in really cryptic clues for the solution, ex. to set the tone, one of the most important items in the game has you walk through a wall and youll probably have spent 15 minutes trying to get the item from the next screen over where its just barely out of reach. So if you want to avoid guides, you have to take obsessive notes about everything because the riddles just get harder from there. It makes you feel like indiana jones when you figure things out

this sounds cool actually lol id definitely have to be in a certain mood to play it though

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
peobally not chamber of birth was one of the last areas you go to and has some of the wackiest puzzles in the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

bob stream la mulana 1

idk if I'd ever stream something like that tho cause knowing myself I would slam my head against a wall for hours before finally asking/looking up a hint

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I would kill to have my memory of la mulana removed and play it again without guides though. After I broke and started following a walkthrough it was a series of nonstop moments where I thought "wow. That probably would have owned to figure out on my own"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Control Volume posted:

I would kill to have my memory of la mulana removed and play it again without guides though. After I broke and started following a walkthrough it was a series of nonstop moments where I thought "wow. That probably would have owned to figure out on my own"

Ahh, the Pikmin cry

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The descriptions I've read of it suck major rear end but the screenshots I've seen remind me of those shareware Apogee DOS games I used to play when I was a kid so idk.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
La Mulana is loving god like. I didn't know the second one was coming out so soon.. Ftw

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this game has been about to come out for so long that the actual release date doesn't feel real

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Online manual: https://la-mulana.com/en/manual/l2/pc/index.php

Theres some minor stuff in there but a big one is that it autosaves right before fighting guardians so you dont have to do a boss run every time.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

In the first game, one of the puzzles involves equipping a statue and getting it knocked up. I can't wait to get home from work in a few hours so I can start playing this.

It's the type of game you need to take irl notes though if don't want to constantly look up a guide. It's more like Myst or something than a metroidvania, even though it gives you a lot of freedom when it comes to the order of doing stuff.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I'm exctied as heck for this game because La-Mulana is one of my favourite games and one of those games that makes me wish that I could Eternal-Sunshine myself so I can play it all over again fresh.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
la la mulana~

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This poo poo sucks!!!!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
:whitewater:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

American McGay posted:

This poo poo sucks!!!!

I told you lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Toxoplasmosis but instead of getting it from being around cat poop all the time you get it from watching too much BOBSTREAM and it causes you to spend money on lovely indie pixel art trash!!!

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

He needs this avatar again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

Toxoplasmosis but instead of getting it from being around cat poop all the time you get it from watching too much BOBSTREAM and it causes you to spend money on lovely indie pixel art trash!!!

you did this to yourself bitch.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
gently caress this GBS rear end poo poo!!!!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

gently caress this GBS rear end poo poo!!!!!

Mad?

• Locked thread