Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Final Space is alright and a very pretty show but man talk about a cartoon that has zero laughs per episode. I don't know how you can compare Disenchantment to that unfavourably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Hakkesshu posted:

Final Space is alright and a very pretty show but man talk about a cartoon that has zero laughs per episode. I don't know how you can compare Disenchantment to that unfavourably.

The main character has a really loving horrible voice in Final Space and I just cannot watch it.

I guess I'm not after laughs, I enjoy the setting and the feel of that "making fun of fantasy" thing.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

Final Space was a really fun idea executed so poorly. Every line out of the main character's mouth felt so forced that you'd be forgiven for thinking he was recorded in a room slowly filling with water and was told the only way he was getting out alive was to ACT HARDER, BE MORE FUNNY! DO YOU WANT TO DIE? DO YOU??

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Martytoof posted:

Final Space was a really fun idea executed so poorly. Every line out of the main character's mouth felt so forced that you'd be forgiven for thinking he was recorded in a room slowly filling with water and was told the only way he was getting out alive was to ACT HARDER, BE MORE FUNNY! DO YOU WANT TO DIE? DO YOU??

There we go, that's a perfect way to describe it. I really, really wanted to like Final Space. I even liked the flashforwards at the beginning of the episodes, even though that usually screams "lovely gimmick". I didn't think the main guy's voice was horrible - and I had to google the actor because he sounded so familiar - but yeah, he was just TRYING! SO! HARD! on every line. If they had toned him down a bit and stopped trying to make everything that he did zany, I would have liked it a lot more.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't hear what you guys heard, Final Space was perfect.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

It didn't feel like it came forced from the VA artist, I think the character was OTT as his personality, constantly trying to be Macho Man. But I can totally understand why you wouldn't like it, I just really really did.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Spiteski posted:

I don't think it was that bad in the back half of the episodes, but man the first 5-6 really sucked. Didn't help I was coming from Final Space, Rick and Morty and Big Mouth and looking for more funny shows when I binged it

None of these words make sense

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Calaveron posted:

I tried to watch Big Mouth but it was just too American. There's just some shows that speak to different cultures and that's definitely one.
Like Saturday Night Live.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Calaveron posted:

It's me. I have the bad taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Taear posted:

The main character has a really loving horrible voice in Final Space and I just cannot watch it.

I guess I'm not after laughs, I enjoy the setting and the feel of that "making fun of fantasy" thing.

Martytoof posted:

I felt the exact same way about it. It's rare that a main character can be so off putting that I can't watch the rest, but that was Final Space for me.

I'm glad Disenchantment got another twenty episodes. It's no where near Futurama or The Simpsons quality, but I think there's a decent chance it gets close.

• Locked thread