Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I got screeners of the first seven episodes.

-Doesn't start as strong as Futurama did, but the fantasy stuff isn't really specific and hard to parse, which is good. It's basic stuff and more focused on its own mythology.
-The writers said it was liberating being able to do longer episodes if they need to, but the first episode is like 35 minutes and it drags. I know they're setting stuff up, but they could toss in a few more jokes here and there.
-unsurprisingly, John DiMaggio is the best.
-Of the three leads Nat Faxon and Abbi Jacobson do a good job, but I was pretty disappointed with Eric Andre. I love the dude, but he's doing a disaffected character and it comes off as him blandly reading his lines.
-The first two episodes aren't that hot (Matt Berry is in episode 2 and rules, of course) but it picks up steam from there.

I'll definitely watch the rest of the episodes once they drop, but I wasn't totally blown away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Hemingway To Go! posted:

So when people say "there are no jokes in this show" what do they mean.

They mean there aren't enough jokes and the ones that are there usually aren't that funny. I mean, like you said, it's hyperbole to say there are no jokes, but it's not weird to think a comedy isn't that funny.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

I thought Abbi Jacobson and Nat Faxon did good jobs. I was pretty disappointed with Eric Andre though.

• Locked thread