Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

There's no way that could end badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

The only thing that would have made those more perfect is if it had translated TJ and Cody as the weight-cock division

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

She literally walked out of the cage after getting starched shaking her head and waving her finger in the air to say she was still number 1.

I was really hoping in her last fight she'd get humbled by someone who is nearly dwarf height

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So which fights will fall apart before saturday

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

At this point how has anyone famous not went through their entire tweet history and deleted all the dumb poo poo

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

Cody is either pure dumb, or bad and dumb. But he's definitely dumb.

You're not wrong

apparently it's very tough to not have a racist or otherwise gross past on twitter that you somehow forget to delete that later puts your entire career in jeopardy as often as it's happening now

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I thought he was only coming back for big money fights - is that a big money fight?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's gonna be a rad fight no doubt just figured he'd hold out for something bigger

Edit: Oh it's that card - now it makes complete sense

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Finally got around to watching the Stipe vs DC season of TUF and John Gunther is awesome. I'm glad he got a win in the finale recently because after watching his season I'm a big fan.

If only he was as good at fighting as he is at being an entertaining and interesting dude - he's Sage Northcutt levels of being likable

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If both of the main fights on that card hold it'll probably be the biggest numbers ever, right?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

tesilential posted:

Did y’all read the tweets? Definitely used gay slurs used as an insult, but he says “nigga” when referring to himself and buddies. Dumb yes, racist hell no.

As a brown dude I hate when people pile on to call someone a racist when there isn’t any proof. There are plenty real racists out there, and they don’t say “nigga”, no need to pile on Cody for using the slang that’s all over mainstream media and has been his entire life.

No I didn't but also I was referring to all celebrities not just that one

Some of the ones getting nailed in this storm of people digging through tweets from years ago lately were being racist so it was just a joke about it being extremely hard not to be - because, you know, sarcasm

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

threeagainstfour posted:

I'm going to wait till they are in the Octagon to get truly excited.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Because let's face it - that event is fairly far away and Conor is not making the best decisions

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

this win paid for beer and ppv but it's hollow. i do not agree at all.

Congrats on winning money though, there's that

DJ will get his belt back in the third fight and he will be better than ever

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

kensei posted:

He didn't ask for a rematch and I'm wondering if he's not going to keep fighting after all the poo poo Dana gave him.

As important as that record was to him he would probably rather go out on his own terms and retire as the champion I'd imagine

But maybe not - maybe like you said he'll tell UFC to gently caress themselves and retire to twitch streaming like he said he'd like to after his career is done anyway

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

ufc kiss rear end sissy bag

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

1st AD posted:

Give Cejudo the TJ fight, Cejudo dies, then shut down flyweight.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Something different/exciting finally happening in the flyweight division then being ruined by steroids is one of the most UFC things possible

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Byolante posted:

Calling that fight 'exciting' sure is an opinion you could have

I wasn't talking about the fight

A new champion and mighty mouse in the belt chase for the first time since it was created were the parts that were different and possibly exciting

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If it is TJ he will just sell shirts about it later

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Doesn't Ariel always look miserable unless he's talking about his shoes or some personal beef he thinks he has with a fighter

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'd like it to be Rogan, Cormier and Cruz on commentary for every event

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'd like to see Cruz fight anyone

His style is rad

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

his style is garbage and is perfectly honed to win bad or close decisions

You're not wrong on the second part but I disagree with the first part

I like Cruz fights for the same reason I liked Anderson Silva fights - the fun part on a technical level is watching guys that are usually good strikers try and fail to hit them

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

1st AD posted:

now it IS entertaining when he short circuits guys with his awkward stepping.

That is the kind of thing I was talking about. But I also enjoyed him getting clowned by Cody who had his movements figured out.

I will go ahead and say I've apparently only seen the few entertaining Cruz fights/highlights there are and haven't seen a good portion of his fights in full so I haven't been able to sample a great deal of what makes people hate them.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So that news that some thought might be someone pissing hot turned out to be nothing?

Or was that just one person on twitter trying to make a story that wasn't there

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lid posted:

UFC Fighter Phil Brooks is being sued by failed stand up comedian Scott Colton.

Smart to use their real names so they fly completely under the radar of 'who?'

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shouldn't have left it up to the judges

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

All my supplements get shipped over on the boat that takes you to the Mortal Kombat tournament.

Soothing Vapors posted:

jon jones made my gay fat dad cry and I hope USADA gives him the death penalty

lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Rigel posted:

Donald Cerrone is putting together an MMA promotion for amateur fighters which he is calling the Donald Cerrone Cowboy fight series.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmTnm4KB_WA/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=14loqoyail5gm

http://www.cowboyfightseries.com/

Anyone here who trains - now is your shot lol

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Shout out to Dynamic Fasteners for supporting the careers of a few hundred fighters

https://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/so-what-is-a-dynamic-fastener-and-why-is-it-suddenly-all-over-ufc-broadcasts

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Less than 10 posts in a day in this thread lets me know UFC isn't in a great place

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I mean we can usually argue with each other for multiple pages about nothing at all

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I posted about nothing interesting happening and then this happens

I take it all back I don't want anything interesting to happen

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

cerrone is fighting perry? that's the only fight i care about rn

That's gonna be rad as hell

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So what are the vegas odds on the Conor vs Khabib fight actually happening as scheduled lol

It not getting rescheduled or cancelled has to have extreme underdog odds and I wish I could bet on that

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I love anytime someone goes in on Ariel and it's even funnier hearing him whine about it

Dude acts like the entire sport lives and dies by it's personal beefs with him

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

mewse posted:

*rampage voice* Who?

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0XsOkqOOvA

I love that there is a whole highlight reel of rampage making GBS threads on him

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I'm amazed I've somehow been left hoping Conor wins this fight, even if Conor will be (even more) insufferable afterwards.

Two egocentric shitheads that just happen to be great fighters beating on each other

No matter who loses, we all win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Oh he named his kid Danger

Poor kid

• Locked thread