Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Dan Didio posted:

https://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/comissao-atletica-veta-bethe-correia-de-lutar-no-ufc-227-do-proximo-sabado.ghtml

Commission vetoed Bethe Correia from being able to fight because of an eye surgery she recieved last year. I'd just like to apologize to all commissions, I've said some unkind things in the past, but they really came through for me on this one.

Google Translate makes for some delightful weight class names :allears:

MAJOR CARD
:Rookie: TJ Dillashaw vs. Cody Garbrandt
Flyweight: Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo
Weight-penalty: Cub Swanson vs. Renato Mohawk
Flyweight: Polyana Viana vs. JJ Aldrich
Midfielder: Thiago Marreta vs. Kevin Holland
PRELIMINARY CARD:
Rooster weight: Pedro Munhoz vs. Brett Johns
Rooster weight: Ricky Simon vs. Montel Jackson
Weight-penalty : Matt Sayles x Sheymon Moraes
Flyweight: Alex Perez vs. José Torres
Weight-cock: Ricardo Carcacinha vs. Kyung Ho Kang
Straw-weight: Danielle Taylor vs. Weili Zhang
Weight-penalty: Marlon Vera vs. Wuliji Buren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

CommonShore posted:

It was a balance of pay, and that he wanted to spend more time in Ukraine near his family. It was almost the exact same situation as Horiguchi, except with ruples.

You mean hryvnia.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Matt Lindland posted:

Hey guys. I’ve finally made the push to get off all forums and social media which hopefully will stick but hey who knows. I’m going to go auto ban this account after this so I’m not tempted to do this again. I just wanted to stop by and say thanks to everyone for posting with me for all these years, and that this is a great community. And I’d also like to say gently caress Mighty Mouse midget rear end toddler lookin bitch! The only place this guys going to be complaining about not being promoted at is GameStop! Gwa ha ha ha!

kthxbai

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I knew the bad decision was certain when buffer said the deciding vote would be Sal d'Amato.

:same:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

TheKingslayer posted:

That fight literally turned a few of my friends off the UFC for life. They gave it a shot and boy did Guida ruin that.

It's best to avoid post-Jacksons Guida and just stick to hanging out with big brother, hitting nails with hammers, and belching continuously Guida.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Russian culture

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

DoombatINC posted:

-Can better smell/taste the opponent's fear
-Grappling is just fun exciting hugs
-I bet Mike Beltran's beard is fun to play with
-How long you think that fool spends braiding every day?
-Bet he could get some Nerds Ropes into the theater in them no problem

-Eddie Bravo's books become highly entertaining

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

This is what we've come to. The second in line has to prepare as if he's the first in line because there's a high probability, based on historicals, that everything will go to poo poo at the last second.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

TheKingslayer posted:

And of course it sucks all the fighters are making less money because of the deal. I'm sure it isn't the most motivating thing to know your sponsorship payout is like 500 bucks and a half off coupon for a pack of Reebok athletic underwear.

FTFY

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Skip My Posts posted:

gsp is freakin old

It's okay, he'll smoke some weed with Jimmy Cournoyer once Jimmy's out of prison, and then he'll be fine.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Brown Paper Bag posted:

It really depends on the arena. I got ‘cheap’ seats for the Perth Australia show earlier this year, and they were great. But stadiums with other configurations are going to be different.

Have you been to anything at that arena in Lincoln before?

I don't know that arena, but I've been to a lot of fights. The best view tends to be one that puts you either on the same level as the cage floor or angled slightly above, with diminishing returns the further up into the nosebleeds you go. On the upside, there will be screens at UFC-level events so you can watch the broadcast view if the camera guy is blocking your eye-line or whatever.

I used to get floor table seats with my team back home, which is actually a horrible vantage point unless you're right up next to the apron of the cage/ring. We used to take turns running up into the stands to get video when our teammates were fighting because trying to film from the table was useless.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
From what I've been able to find, Andrea Lee got her nickname because one of her coaches thought she looked Russian.

I mean, there's bad MMA nicknames, and...yeah.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Can there be a lenticular of Joe Rogan surprise faces? :allears:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Just a zoomed in picture of Brock Lesnar's dicksword tattoo

There has to be a 9 card sub-series of just classic MMA tattoos.

If Aleks's grim reaper holding a baby (namesake of my band's most hosed-up song, "Grim Reaper Holding a Baby") isn't in there, GTFO.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Soothing Vapors posted:

she got it for a dumb reason but KGB Lee has a very pleasing series of internal rhymes, I like it

This is absolutely true.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Foul Fowl posted:

it's hypnotic in motion

That's just how they teach you to fight in Butte, Montana :colbert:

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

mewse posted:

Cote and "Sexyama" both have dark hair and weird accents, an easy mistake

And they're both actually welterweights.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Herv posted:

oh poo poo summer break is over!

I want that card. In holofoil.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Mr. Carlisle posted:

An entire line of Buffer cards - one for each suit.

Collect them all!

Oh yes, bonus if just the suit is holofoil.

I want a full 9-card page of Buffer in foil suits. It'd be even better than the X-Men 2099 red foils from the 1993 Marvel set. (Oh god, my nerd is showing.)

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

LobsterMobster posted:

Lawler vs Steve Thomson targeted for January

Can't wait to see "Wonderman" scuttle around like a cowardly crab, not wanting to ever engage

We can only hope Robbie is still young enough to have some moves, but I feel like he's going to try and use some kind of old man wisdom to Machida his way through an extremely boring fight that he wins by split decision based on having thrown 3 strikes to Wonderboy's 2.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Bruce Buffer hit on my boyfriend's then-wife and was completely unrepentant when someone pointed out she was married. But said boyfriend also has no bad things to say about Buffer besides that, so...

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Soothing Vapors posted:

i can imagine no greater honour than to be cucked by bruce buffer

That's kind of how he sees it. I mean, if I got hit on by Bruce Buffer, I would expect him to give Buffer a fist bump and tell him he has good taste, and I would also be flattered as long as it didn't go any further than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Next month's thread had better have a title like, "I’m glad you didn’t die in the scuba dive so I can kill you in the #Octagon"

• Locked thread