Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
It's still july. there's 31 days in july according to the thing in the corner of my laptop. well .. i suppose it doesnt matter. itll be august eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im a big fan of the sage northcut picture that was posted on the last page of the july thread. thats one of his best performances yet

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hes saying jet fuel doesnt melt steel beams

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

whats wrong with him.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

InfiniteZero posted:

Massively successful at a young age and didn't have to give a gently caress for the back 3/4 of his life.

no i mean theres literally something wrong with him. like brain AIDS or a disruptive tumour of the Normal gland

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i think bantamweight is better. since its probably the lowest weight division where you dont have to be the rare breed of human who is both super tiny and not super frail or sickly to even be in it. which im not against but i do think it means theres less talented fighters cos of it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Matt Lindland posted:

Hey guys. I’ve finally made the push to get off all forums and social media which hopefully will stick but hey who knows. I’m going to go auto ban this account after this so I’m not tempted to do this again. I just wanted to stop by and say thanks to everyone for posting with me for all these years, and that this is a great community. And I’d also like to say gently caress Mighty Mouse midget rear end toddler lookin bitch! The only place this guys going to be complaining about not being promoted at is GameStop! Gwa ha ha ha!

No problem .. it were a pleasure

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lel

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

The news is that he is going to publish a really long blog post with the word USADA written next to a photo of some chem trails

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Waroduce posted:

so whats the consensus on the DJ Cejudo decision? I don't think DJ had a great fight, but I was more of the thought that Cejudo didn't really do much to take the belt off him. I mean he maintained top control for a bit, but didn't impart any great amount of damage or threaten any submissions. I have a hard time seeing him winning espc when they showed the score cards.

havent seen the fight yet. Im happy for cejudo though, i was talking him up for a bit after their first fight. i think hes a strong fighter

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
excuse me .. before their first fight. or maybe it was after his fight with benevidez. anyway he had a really good performance vs someone sometime in the past

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

Some interesting numbers, but with the caution that we don't really know how close these are to their final hydration states:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/8/...t-divisions-mma

Mighty Mouse being 1lb heavier than Cejudo just doesn't pass the eye test.

Eyes are mostly useless for judging weight. You can't tell how dense someones muscles are by looking and muscle density does vary depending on how theyre trained

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Looking forward to it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

handsome only face posted:

lil nog vs. sam alvey is on a brazil card next month hahahaha

sounds like that scene out of city of god where theyre all chasing the rooster. except alvey is trying to gently caress the rooster

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

hes so funny. how does he come up with these pictures. whos taking them

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
About to drive my gay rent boy into the woods in the middle of the night to strangle him to death. but not before ive finished my #Lean Body

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

USADA seems to always struggle to dole out punishments for their stars. strange.

the punishment goes from the date of the positive test anyway so its not benefitting jones, he cant fight until hes either cleared by usada or his suspension is over. chances are theyre just building a proper case so it costs them less money to fight it in court or something along those lines since rich athletes tend to drag things out like that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

That doesn't really help Jones here, since the UFC is not gonna let him fight without clearance, so he can't get paid first and then go back to court to get forgiveness.
Though I suppose he could take a paycut and fight in One or something.

true. but if he gets cleared (chances are he won't but there's been some seriously unlikely defenses in doping cases before) he could argue over lost career earnings and stuff like that, plus loss of sponsors and that kind of thing. whether or not he has any real chance of winning those kinds of suits too is probably debatable but it's a lot of money to fight it. so i think usada will have the strongest case they can build

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im expecting at least 4 years. then again they only gave silva a year for his 2nd suspension which is insanely lenient

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

i thought silva had some legit excuse for his second one? thats what chael was saying at least lol

dunno, the headlines on google say its a contaminated supplement defense he used. if you ask me they should stop accepting that excuse altogether whether theres evidence or not

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

I think it's a fine defense if it's a substance you declared to USADA. If it's something you pulled out of your rear end that you conveniently forgot about then gently caress all that.

well these guys are using the slack FDA regulations regarding stuff like no xplode and that kind of supplement stack you can buy in america, which often have stuff not listed in the ingredients included in it and it creates a loophole where you can get away with banned substances so long as you find something that has it in but not listed on the ingredients list. and this is far too common with supplement stacks, common enough that they should just stop accepting it as an excuse, theyre already recommending athletes not to use them on their site as it is. if you need a specific substance or vitamin or amino acid or whatever you can easily get it in a purer form than this pre mixed garbage from unregulated sources

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

That's where I don't care for USADA at all. Retroactive TUEs, being able to go back and claim you were taking something. The policy should be if it's not in the sheet you give USADA you're out of luck. Retroactive TUEs should only be for emergency care and a doctor notifying USADA you're receiving whatever medication.

I'm not super well versed in all the policies but I know those are the two that seem to get abused by athletes.

Which, honestly, where does everyone fall with USADA being involved? The sport doesn't feel that much different to me pre and post other than maybe the physiques being less impressive. I guess I wouldn't really miss it.

I think a strong and independent anti doping process is vital. rather than it being an entertainment issue i just think its a human rights issue, if im competing i want the sport i compete in to be regulated, otherwise im packing it in and instead getting a job shuffling books around in a library and probably a pay rise too. probably every athlete with any sense will do the same or cross over to a safer sport so an unregulated sport is going be short on talent and therefore poo poo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

nato decreed that it is not ok to fight someone who looks like and is paul harris while not being on steroids

good work NATO

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

well call it human decency or something instead if you like, i dont really choose my words that carefully. it doesnt affect my point

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

Without question. I miss Condom Depot.

dont worry .. theyre still around https://www.condomdepot.com/

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

Well if we want a slightly different topic. Just looking at the stats for Woodley and Till and holy poo poo they have the same reach. I figured Till would have had a small advantage other than height difference affecting punches.

woodley wont struggle to hit till i dont think. hes like yoel in that he just launches himself at people

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
magny vs lombard was a rollercoaster, but it had a super dark ending. some people might like that though since lombard doesnt seem to have many fans

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Thats awful. I hope they catch whoever did it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wise Learned Man posted:

Alan Belcher's Johnny Cash that looks like Roy Orbison (especially when it looked like it was gently kissing someone he had in an RNC, maybe Akiyama?)

e: it was cote

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Im glad that happened to him instead of me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

threeagainstfour posted:

https://twitter.com/platinumperry/status/1035357917866643456?s=21

UFC Fight Night 139 - I’m glad you didn’t die in the scuba dive so I can kill you in the #Octagon

I definitely dont do sports for the money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
You walked into this cell hoping that we were going to have consensual gay sex. however it was merely a ruse

• Locked thread