Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Carlisle posted:

You're not wrong

apparently it's very tough to not have a racist or otherwise gross past on twitter that you somehow forget to delete that later puts your entire career in jeopardy as often as it's happening now

Did y’all read the tweets? Definitely used gay slurs used as an insult, but he says “nigga” when referring to himself and buddies. Dumb yes, racist hell no.

As a brown dude I hate when people pile on to call someone a racist when there isn’t any proof. There are plenty real racists out there, and they don’t say “nigga”, no need to pile on Cody for using the slang that’s all over mainstream media and has been his entire life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Khabib is gonna break something and Conor’s gonna fight Nate

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
DJ lost? Sweet I’ll watch the card now lol

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

excuse me .. before their first fight. or maybe it was after his fight with benevidez. anyway he had a really good performance vs someone sometime in the past

IMO cejudo clearly beat Benavidez, it was a robbery like Frankie v Bendo 2. Not a ton of damage done but cejudo absolutely outlanded him 4:1 and JoeyB was just whiffing at air.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Morales definitely deserves it and had a real shot. He’s looked like a loving berserker lately

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Soothing Vapors posted:

Paul Harris lookin natty as gently caress

Most muscular r-word ever?

My man Felony is looking huge too

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingslayer posted:

I think it's a fine defense if it's a substance you declared to USADA. If it's something you pulled out of your rear end that you conveniently forgot about then gently caress all that.

When Jones popped the first time, Malki went on the MMA hour and said he was gonna buy every supplement on the shelf until he found the tainted one Jon took, “just like I did for Yoel.”

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Counterpoint: there wasn’t a shortage of fighters prior to usada and the untested z leagues are full of guys too.

I’m kinda old school but back in the day you knew a guy was gonna be good if he looked natty and was beating up the older juicy guys in the minor leagues.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingslayer posted:

Well if we want a slightly different topic. Just looking at the stats for Woodley and Till and holy poo poo they have the same reach. I figured Till would have had a small advantage other than height difference affecting punches.

“Reach” in the ufc is actually “wingspan.”

So Guys with short or normal length arms but broad shoulders will appear to have good reach and guys with long arms but puny girl shoulders (gus) will appear to have shorter reach than they actually do.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

i just thought it was notable that they had two fights and both ended literally the exact same way. I'm not sure there's another rematch like that in MMA.

DC v Rumble 2, Anderson v Franklin 2, and Aldo v Holloway 2 were basically repeats of the first fights.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Jon Jones - almost certainly would’ve been the best ever, but became a reckless druggie and steroid cheat and lost to Matt Hamil

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I’ve done the nose bleeds 3 times, wish I’d have spring for floor or first section seats. It’s fun no matter what tho

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo thanks for that pro tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

Rogan's headset :allears:

That’s jimmy smith, Rogan is left of him.

• Locked thread