Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Texans will be OK. The Pats are still the Pats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans might not be able to stop the pass but they make up for it by not being able to stop the run or move the ball on offense

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Kevin Johnson is a bust

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I just want to watch my favorite team play football but the weather😢😢😢😢

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Maybe hiring the Defense Coordinator of a team that held back a Super Bowl winner until he was fired wasn't a good move.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Intruder posted:

The Texans might not be able to stop the pass but they make up for it by not being able to stop the run or move the ball on offense

The 49ers and Texans are apparently spirit brothers.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
J
A
G
W
A
R
S

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
That was an ugly loving game...

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

TSBX posted:

That was an ugly loving game...

3 billion penalty yards later, a...win?!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DUVALLLLL

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Come on. Titties

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:discourse:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The game will never end

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Metapod posted:

The game will never end

Wonder how much such an extended weather delay fucks with players in terms of staying focused/warmed up and ready to play if it ever ends

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Texans you let me down.

I cant figure out what was going on with the Jaguars defense. I know OBJ is good but he was wide loving open like six times, plus all the penalty yards on the corners :randno:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans lost by a margin equivalent to the number of points refusing to call timeout cost them at the end of the first half

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Texans you let me down.

I cant figure out what was going on with the Jaguars defense. I know OBJ is good but he was wide loving open like six times, plus all the penalty yards on the corners :randno:

Zone coverage. I don't know what the gently caress they were thinking.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans are turbo hosed.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mariotta is worse than Bort

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
0-2 is gonna suck but I'd rather give mariota an extra week with probably no Lewan next sunday. What a poo poo run of injuries.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
what the gently caress did I just watch? I'm glad I wasn't trying to watch that 7 hours of garbage live

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Aaron Rodgers comes back and can’t use one of his legs and leads his team from 3 TDs down. Mariota gets a little boo boo on his elbow and literally can’t throw a screen pass.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Aaron Rodgers comes back and can’t use one of his legs and leads his team from 3 TDs down. Mariota gets a little boo boo on his elbow and literally can’t throw a screen pass.

Mariota is a bust lol

by far the worst QB in the AFC South

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Randaconda posted:

Mariota is a bust lol

I don’t think he’s a bust. I just don’t see him getting much better than what he is now. He’s a decent QB who can get you 8 or 9 wins and maybe win a playoff game every few years but that’s it. And that’s not good enough for a #2 pick and a guy scheduled to make $15+ million a year coming up.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
is it too soon to blame the refs for ruining the titans' season?

some very bad calls yesterday, imo

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Stevie Lee posted:

is it too soon to blame the refs for ruining the titans' season?

some very bad calls yesterday, imo

The refs have hosed us in Miami for two years straight. Taylor Lewan gets loving blindsided and knocked unconscious, and it's offsetting penalties for TAUNTING? What the gently caress? Delanie gets called for a phantom hold call that negates a TD, while also missing a blatant facemask. Marcus gets hit late and no flag. Atrocious reffing.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/MikeMiracles/status/1038946530911240192?s=20

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Randaconda posted:

Mariota is a bust lol

Last fan base to do this lost their QB for half the year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rodgers is the greatest qb ever so calm the gently caress down and yes an elbow injury is going to absolutely gently caress up your ability to throw more than a leg injury

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Probably Magic posted:

Last fan base to do this lost their QB for half the year.

I think he's secretly praying for Bortles to die so they can sign Kaep.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Yeah I believe this we have had way too many tds and big stops taken away by phantom calls

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

A call echoes in Randaconda's house. He answers his phone. On the other end, an otherworldly hiss. "Jalen Ramsey. Week Seven." Dial tone. The thermostat reads 70, but he can still see his breath in the air.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Also lol at watching Mariota get rocked and calling it a booboo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Probably Magic posted:

A call echoes in Randaconda's house. He answers his phone. On the other end, an otherworldly hiss. "Jalen Ramsey. Week Seven." Dial tone. The thermostat reads 70, but he can still see his breath in the air.

Don't you put that evil on me!

:ohdear:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

Also lol at watching Mariota get rocked and calling it a booboo

He’s made of glass and he was not “rocked”. Other QBs can play with worse injuries, why can’t he if he’s good?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm done with the excuses for Mariota, I'm done with how the media and the coaches coddle him and his mistakes. I'm tired of after a loss "those bad throws are on me, I gotta play better." NO poo poo IDIOT IT'S YEAR 4 FOR YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

He’s made of glass and he was not “rocked”. Other QBs can play with worse injuries, why can’t he if he’s good?

Did we watch the same play? He handed the ball off then got absolutely drilled into ground. Are you really asking why a qb can't play with an injury to his throwing arm elbow

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

Did we watch the same play? He handed the ball off then got absolutely drilled into ground. Are you really asking why a qb can't play with an injury to his throwing arm elbow

He came back out twice after 2 weather delays and throws 2 straight INTS. Obviously he thought he could play, as did the coaches and medical staff, or they wouldn't have sent him out there twice. So again if others can play hurt far worse, why can't he suck it up and lead his team with better play than he did?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Week 1 and we've already reached the hating on a guy for having the nerve to get injured playing a violent sport portion of the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I'm just here for the Metapod vs. DOTF fight.