Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thanks for this post! Going to sign up tomorrow but I think today I'll look through some of those linked matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I just finished Kagetsu/Mayu and I'm already mad at myself for not getting into this sooner. God drat it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm glad I know ahead of time that the tournament matches have a 10 minute time limit. If I didn't know that beforehand I think I'd be confused and a little bummed as to why the matches were all so short. Plus, as much as I love the G1, it'll make everything much easier to watch and digest.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I was already real high on Utami after her debut but she's killing it so far. I also really love Konami and Jamie Hayter, neither of whom I'd seen before. Konami loving slays and Hayter is so crisp and arrogant.

Kimber was meh for me on night one but better on night two. I can't get into Ellering in general for some reason (in or out of the 5*).

Really loving this so far. Any time Tam howls in pain I feel it in my heart. She has a way of making you believe everything.

So glad I finally signed up for STARDOM World!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thanks for that info!

I'm really enjoying it. I went back and watched the matches linked in the OP and some other random stuff on STARDOM World and I really dig everything. The subtitles make the shows so accessible and help you learn at least a little bit about the wrestlers which is super helpful. I keep thinking about which wrestlers look like they could swim in WWE (or at least NXT) and Konami was definitely up there. She just looks cool as hell and her look stands out from the others, IMO.

There's so much dang wrestling to watch these days. I also signed up for Sendai Girls and now I'm considering DDT for TJPW, plus whatever is on Powerbomb.tv any given day/week, MLW each week, and NJPW at my forefront. I've never been so happy to not be watching WWE.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TV Zombie posted:

Is there an app for Stardom or do I have to log onto the website everytime?

Just the site. I use the Silk browser on a Fire Stick to watch it and it works really well.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really hate Kimber Lee's stupid split counter. It looks dumb every time and she just winds up getting grabbed by her opponent anyway. Also, her, Klein, and Ellering is like the least interesting trios team ever.

I do hope Rachael and Shiki are okay after that match, though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TTBF posted:

Every time and no matter how much you hit "remember me every time" it won't.

It at least keeps my email in the input even if it doesn't keep me logged in so I don't have to suffer through the agony of manually typing my email on my TV every single time.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Go RV! posted:

They both wrestled again later that night, according to the spoilers, and there's no reports of injuries, so that's a good sign.

Ah good to know. Trying to avoid spoilers so didn't want to dive too deeply into Twitter.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

So far the only foreigner I'm enjoying is Hayter who I REALLY enjoy even though I do agree she whiffed pretty badly on some knees in the past couple of matches.

Ellering has even softer looking offense (despite that head-splitting botch), Kimber bores me completely, Klein is just not good, and Savoy is fine but does nothing remarkable for me.

Natsu is amazing and her match with Mayu was a ton of fun. I think Konami and Jungle are 2 of my clear top 3 as a person brand new to STARDOM with a rotating cast of others dancing around that 3rd spot.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TheHock posted:

Savoy was so much cooler as a trash talking heel in SHIMMER it kind of sucks to see her as this sort of bland character she's doing now. Plus, I think she's still not confident in her knee. She used to be a lot crisper before she got hurt.

Yeah, it kind of stinks that most of the foreigners adopt the character of "I'm happy to be here and excited to wrestle!" in their pre-match promos. I think Hayter is the only one who has shown any kind of real character so far in those promos.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Demtor posted:

I can't remember the last time I saw a wrestler drug out the front door of the venue and thrown out in to the street. ECW from the 90's? The run down the street was comical. Loved it.

There was a WWE ECW show where someone was thrown into like the Rio Grande or something, wasn't there? I always like when street fights actually go out into the streets, as much as it stinks for the live audience.

Really loved that Sumire match, though. She's obviously not the best in the ring but her character work is so good. Her match with AZM was another super fun one.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hauzki/Hayter is a really fun match. Hazuki is quickly becoming a favorite of mine and the same for Hayter, though she's not a mainstay or anything. The 5*GP is my first exposure to most of these wrestlers and they both kick a whole lot of rear end.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

God drat, Utami/Jungle and Momo/Hazuki from 9/9 were off the loving charts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

How old is Starlight Kid? She's in that same rookie grouping as Ruaka and Leo but seems way more advanced and polished than either of them.

Also, that double title match is going to be bonkers.

• Locked thread