Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Every now and then I get emails that are meant for someone else. This person obviously has a similar name to me as my email is "firstname.lastname@gmail.com". What has spun me out is that this person lives in the same town my mum lives in and i grew up in. I don't have a common name, neither first nor last.

In all of the (English speaking) world, this first person to have a similar name to me lives near where I grew up!

Tonight I got an order confirmation for some indian takeout, to be delivered. This person, with the same name as me, lives less than 200m from my mum's house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Recently I’ve been receiving emails meant for another person with a similar name who lives in Ireland. They seem to own a vintage Jaguar or are at least very interested in signing up the the Irish Jag Owners club mailing list.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

I just ran into a friends mother at the gas station and she has had so much plastic surgery holy gently caress.

Did you get her number or what?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

That sucks.

So the paint on both of my cars sucks, beat to hell. I'm really itching to just paint them myself. Talk me out of this.

I saw a harlequin e46 on my drive home yesterday. It was debadged but had the front 3/4 vents. I don't know enough about e46 variants to say if this was a legit M3 or not.

I guess what I'm getting at is you should do a full TVR style harlequin respray at home and fully document the process for us.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Nobody answered the question. Is the pitcher or the liquid the living part of the kool aid man? Also I think dogs should vote.

Dogs can't vote however I do believe candidates should be tested with a known set of dogs. Imagine if instead of the current bullshit, America chose their favourite dog. Then those dogs combined to choose the candidate they felt best represented America as a whole and that dog got to choose the president.

Wait.

Ahh gently caress it.

slothrop fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 1, 2018

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Everdave I hope your night ended with nothing. Or everything. Dude you are so new to the dating world but also old enough to see how everyone is dumb

I would just say chill out and watch everyone do dumb stuff. Then you'll do some dumb stuff. Everyone is dumb. Don't be legally dumb.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

everdave posted:

Please if this is getting tiring y’all just let me know. Ha.

But I’m supposed to take the Ferrari to the track Monday. And just today like in the past hour the Camry went from suggesting a test drive to approving me for financing. I have never been in the Camry that is all from a friend setting this up (meaning they set us up but we are just texting/Instagram whatever)

So...take the kids to a friends pool today and friends niece was there. Turns out she is familiar with the Ferrari. She laughed and said yeah this ride won’t end good. But then after telling her what’s going on she was shocked and said sounds like you own a Ferrari now.

I sold the same Ferrari twice, because it wouldn't stop touching me when I slept.

Wait. I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with this metaphor. I'll throw my two cents in anyhow.

I think, given where you've come from, if you jump straight into another relationship you'll regret it. There's no reason you can't enjoy the single life, date, bump uglies etc as long as you're an adult about it. Be safe (ask me how I know), be honest (that you're not looking for commitment at this stage) and enjoy it. You don't owe anyone anything.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

STR posted:

I'm just going to avoid the CBD until I can run by the bank and get a couple of rolls of dimes or quarters, and even then, try to avoid the real core of it until I get a permit. One upside is it seems like parking meter rates are consistent here, instead of varying wildly depending on what street you're on.

Fuckin LOL coins. Not even sure the meters here take actual money now. Either tap your CC or use the PayStay app. I still keep coins in the car but they usually get used for coffee money.

The app we use here was a bit clunky the first few times but now I'm used to it I think it's a godsend. Almost all my parking is work related so I can just download an invoice at the end of the month and claim it all back.

I've been surprised how easy it is to park (and drive) in the Melbourne CBD and surrounds. Any other major city I've been in is just an exercise in frustration.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Why was there just then a cat running thru my front yard with a dildo?

You’re seeing what you want to see. That was kitchen equipment

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I had a long rear end day at work, then as I was picking up my girlfriend from her 13+ hour shift she got a call that her parents had been in a car crash. It's been a fuckin rollercoaster since.

Fortunately they're both ok, but pretty shaken up. I guess rolling an older Prado 3 or 4 times will do that to you. It's now almost 2am and boy am I done with today already.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Seminal Flu posted:

A lot of bunched panties here. If the car is fast and fun, who cares?

most of my dream cars have things like 660cc engines and white tiger striped seats.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

KakerMix posted:

Hell yeah.

People can do what they want but my eyes glaze over and I lose interest when an LS is in a Miata or hell, even a Hayabusa swap. Maybe it being a part of car guy vernacular and a meme makes it eye-rolly. I heard "Hayabusa swap bro!" from two separate, unironic bros about the AZ-1 at separate times within an hour.

LS swaps are the automotive equivalent of A1 on steak.

I have spent a lot of time appreciating Single Malt Whisky. The "correct" way to drink Single Malt Whisky is with no ice, no water and by god no cola! Now while I do drink my whisky this way, I've reached a point in my life where I no longer need to be aggressive about preaching this. I no longer call people retarded for putting a little water in their cask strength whisky. At the end of the day, when someone pays for a bottle of whisky, they can drink it however they goddamn please. If it makes them happy to mix a $600 bottle of single malt with fanta, well gently caress it. That's their money and their choice.

Consume or utilise whatever you want in whatever way you want to. Whisky, cars, steaks or whatever. If you're not affecting the quality of life of another person or an animal then goddamn it Bob, you do you.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Siochain posted:

Or I'm going to end up in jail for knocking a smug cunts teeth out. Either/or.

I absolutely understand how attractive violence is in this scenario.

Leave it as a hot blooded fantasy though. Nothing good can come of it. You’ll have a short lived euphoria before the legal ramifications set in. Violence can’t make your situation better, but it sure as hell can make it worse.

As I said, I understand the appeal of smashing some misogynistic fuckwit right in his stupid face. I just don’t think it’ll help your wife at all and you really have to put her first.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I just screenshotted this post and emailed it to myself for when the sunroof on the e36 inevitably does this over summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

builds character posted:

Somewhere else on the internet...

:golfclap:

• Locked thread