Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I'm taking a dump whilst posting, does that count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

slothrop posted:

Every now and then I get emails that are meant for someone else. This person obviously has a similar name to me as my email is "firstname.lastname@gmail.com". What has spun me out is that this person lives in the same town my mum lives in and i grew up in. I don't have a common name, neither first nor last.

In all of the (English speaking) world, this first person to have a similar name to me lives near where I grew up!

Tonight I got an order confirmation for some indian takeout, to be delivered. This person, with the same name as me, lives less than 200m from my mum's house.

Congratulations on finding your less-successful brother!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

cakesmith handyman posted:

She got out of him that he's reluctant due to cost. Get hosed mate. He then talked about weaning him off the meds. The ones he needs 3 times a day for life. I think we're changing GPs.

Some doctors are just dumb. If you don't get a warm glow when you visit them, just change 'em and don't feel guilty.

My doc just changed my medication and I asked him if I should finish the last 2-monthsworth before changing, to save the NHS money.

His reply : "The NHS has gone bust already, a couple of packets of pills from you aren't going to make a difference"

spog
Aug 7, 2004

ilkhan posted:

"No I dont want any more kids"
*vasectomy*
*gets re-married*
*reverses vasectomy*
*has another kid*

You don't think that would hurt?

I'd imagine the divorce was something of a kick in the teeth, too.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yeah wtf? When you break up/divorce from someone you kinda need to work out your feelings and get over it fully otherwise this kinda dumb poo poo happens in your next relationship.

Anything your ex does after you break up with them you have no say in as it's no longer about you. Getting upset when their situation is different seems a bit weird. It doesn't matter.

Wait til they realise that their ex is having regular sex with someone else now.

And not that boring stuff they used to do with you, but wild kinky stuff.

Probably involving an ostrich or maybe some jello.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Lots of us own more than one car.

So uh, do that.

And yet daily rentals are looked down on.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Previa_fun posted:

My current car is paid off next spring and I'm probably going to upgrade to an automatic midsize crossover to replace my manual hatchback. Roast me. I might even sell my Miata as well. I hate to say it but I think I'm over car culture.

Edit: I can still appreciate really nice/rare cars for their aesthetics and engineering but 95% of car culture is tedious and toxic as gently caress.

I don't think you get these metaphors.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

You can't put anything in the trunk of a Ferrari, but a Camry will happily accept all your junk.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

jonathan posted:

Lambo talk from previous page:

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. To answer the questions: I'd likely either buy one of the limited edition gallardos like a lp560-4 or whatever, or a huracan.

There is also an under warranty UGR gallardo for sale in Edmonton. 6 speed convertible. I certainly don't want one because I want attention. I more want one because of pure lust.

I had this poster on my wall in the mid 80's and I get a pre teen boy boner any time I see a lambo in person.

[timg]https://i.imgur.com/EFXj11L.jpg[/ti

2006 Lamborghini Gallardo UGR 1500hp 6spd manual *Reduced*,
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks...ent=app_android

This one caught my attention. But I have mixed feelings as a UGR lambo is kind of not a lambo anymore, in that you aren't getting a Lamborghini experience driving it.

Just to be clear: are you talking about an actual car or a woman?

Because I honestly cannot tell anymore.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

STR posted:

redibly specific, but if anyone knows, it's probably AI. Are there any remotes that can combine 295 MHz rolling code and 390 MHz rolling code in the same unit, on different buttons? The 295 would have to be cloned.

Your life just lurches from one crisis to another:

2017: I have no money, no job, I am sleeping on my sofa and my house is filled with drug addicts who won't leave.

2018: I have to use two remotes to get to the garage in my gated community.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

One time, I got so high that I decided to watch goodfellas for the first time. Aparently it was a 2 sided disk and the movie started with "WHERES THE MONEY KAREN?!" All I could think was wow this movie has such a powerful opening. And when It was over I was like wow that movie is strangely held in high regard.

Friend of mine burnt me copies of The Wire (wasn't available in my country at the time) and missed the last episode of Series 2

I thought the series finale that I saw was very powerful as it forced to you imagine what happened to the characters.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

How's everyone's Monday morning?

I just realised that my alarm clock has been turned off for the past two weeks.

So far, every morning the unusually sunny weather has woken me up early.

Except today when I overslept and could not be bothered to get up. Everyone I need to talk to is on holiday.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Your car is now worth £800

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Siochain posted:

I'm hoping to get on the upcoming-baby-bandwagon soon. Can't wait.

We are all hoping to have sex someday soon, too.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

everdave posted:

I did not want to go to where my Ferrari was parked last night but old fraternity bro was in from out of town and I just couldn’t not go. Unclear this morning if that will ever run again or going for a ride tonight. Last night is hazy.

Did you give him a ride in the Ferrari so you could show off its performance?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Forcing the hell out of that metaphor, are we?

Regarding other chats, I always planned to live forever, but would have laughed at you if you told me I would have a kid. I still feel like I've done a terrible thing though, both in inflicting the world as it is (especially in the US) upon my daughter, and in inflicting my daughter upon the world, sometimes. Other times, I think the world deserves it.

I used to plan to live forever.

now, with the state of the world being what it is, I don't wanna.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

I honestly can't tell most of the time

Rhyno bangs women
STR bangs men
Everdave bangs psychos

No wait... STR bangs women and Everdave bangs cars and Rhyno is married so doesn't bang anymore...oh god, it is so confusing.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

tetrapyloctomy posted:

ahahahahahahahaha

...ahahahahahahahaha

spog
Aug 7, 2004

The Door Frame posted:

What the gently caress is Car2Go?

Presumably a company owned by the brother of a police commissioner.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I'm a bit drunk and a bit confused:

which car has the biggest tits?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

everdave posted:

Nice!

And the ex just dropped the kids off. Highlights included her calling meman a-hole mofo (explicit) in front of the kids and repeatedly saying sorry kids daddy doesn’t let mommy in his house (uh yeah I have a court order). And I don’t even think she knows about my new friends yet. JESUS!

Wait what type of car is this?

I can't keep up with this.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I went to dinner ordered half a chicken and I swear it was the same size as a pigeon.

It was an American-style dinner too. We Brits manage to gently caress up every style of food. If it were in America and smaller than an ostrich, someone would have gotten shot.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I've tried multiple times to put it into not offensive words, but if we are going there:

I've got a manual integra that breaks every 2.5 months, but I love it with all my heart and it will be my forever car

A fiesta st which is tiny, hugs all the right curves, and can do no wrong even though it's lacking a little chill (busted ac compressor)

And a rusted out Sierra with 200k that's never let me down since I started driving but man is driving in a spirited manner loving terrifying

Get the camry, Dave. See if the camry is happy with a Track day with the Ferrari every once in a while.

Which part of a woman is the ac compressor?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I'm honestly confused :shrug:

Frankly, right now I am assuming all the posters here are walking around car parks with massive erections.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I'm honestly confused :shrug:

Don't you join in or I'll have to work out how this metaphor applies to you and I don't know if that's an engine swap or a body kit.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Take a Chevy Spark and, piece-by-piece, replace the body panels with ones from a Fiat 500 Abarth. There are some things that can't be changed that way, but for a lot of money you can send the Spark to the Fiat factory and they can cut and weld on pieces and change the upholstery and dashboard to the point that, even at a concorse they may not be able to tell. You hit law of diminishing returns, of course, and if you try to do it on a budget you can end up looking like those fake Fiero-Bugattis covered with paper mache, so you need to keep your goals within realism, but it can be done. All the money in the world can't transform a Spark into an Aston Martin, though; just different wheelbases at heart. However, if tastefully or originally done, a hybrid or even something entirely new is possible, but the risks are higher for a unique project like that.

I've seen a recent photo of you and you are definitely more Aston Martin than Chevy.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Which car is the one that tries to control you, is obsessed with every other car you've driven in the past, breaks down every week without fail and in the end physically assaults you before you decide you've had enough and sack it off? ...because I had one of those and the good days were amazing but the bad days were truly the worst.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Edit: it would be amusing if one of you decides to forgo a vasectomy just because of my association with the production of the material.

Virtually everyone you meet has or is a disaster of some kind.

No way am I letting my twin carbs near you, even by proxy.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

QuarkMartial posted:

How do rational adults vent? 'Cause I have a lot of frustrations and I need to get them off my chest, but I have no one to vent to; they're a large part related to my wife and her family and a lot of other poo poo that we as a couple have to bear. I just need to scream into the void or some poo poo.

This thread?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I've occasionally wondered:

Can you do an engine swap with a modern car engine or do the electronics screw it up?

e.g. could I put the engine from a 2016 Honda Accord into a Lotus 7 body?

Or put a Jag XF engine into that Accord?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

The Door Frame posted:

How do you reverse with a motorcycle engine?

quote:

Additional Info: The Caterham Seven (7) Fireblade uses the Honda CBR 900 RRW engine. Not really ideal for the public road, but a phenomenal track car. Voted as the first EVO mag Track day Car of the Year in 2001. Set the world record for going backwards at 102mph in 2001 (has 6 gears for reverse as well as 6 forward gears).

You can have a mechanical reverse gear that makes it go backwards
Or an electric reverse gear like a Honda Goldwing

spog fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 14, 2018

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Siochain posted:

Oh I 100% know and wouldn't do it, but the thought of it is very appealing today hahah.

Time to start designing Killdozer MkII

spog
Aug 7, 2004

spog
Aug 7, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Yes, I believe it is, when we added a BT adaptor to my mate's car, we did it music only, as he has a GPS that works well for phone functions. I also have my phone set to music only connection on a couple of my head units where I don't really like the phone function.

You reminded me that I should have done this a while ago, becuase I keep forgetting and make silent calls to people as my BT adpator is hidden in a cubbyhole.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

everdave posted:

Unless I dreamed it some of you guys were maybe talking about popping a dislocated shoulder in a few weeks ago?

I don’t even know if that’s what I had, never happened before. I dropped a very heavy car hood on my shoulder. Started really hurting a few hours later and at 3 am I woke up and it felt like there was a hunting knife sticking in my shoulder blade. I thought I was going to have my “friend” who was over take me to the hospital it was that bad.

Long story short I couldn’t take it and I bent my arm behind my back and just jammed it against the wall and it POPPED and it was instant relief. Like immediate. Is that what this was? A dislocated shoulder or just nothing?

Main reason I ask is bc now it is just a dull ache. Never experienced this.

Just to be clear: this is an actual medical condition and not a metaphor for a relationship issue?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

everdave posted:

Majesta lives. Pulling fuse box sucked! Couldn’t fondness my small ratchet and a million mosquitos outside. Everything seems to work. Ice cold air.

Cool dash.

do the numbers make a clacking noise as the speed rises, a la Knight Rider?

If not, why not?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Some motherfucker blew through a stop sign going forty. It wasn't me. Front crash bar is done for, the hunk of frame on the right it attaches to is completely pinched in.

This will be my second totalled car in a year. I'm loving tired of car shopping.

Are you hurt?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

wallaka posted:

Picked up a little something at the hospital today.

Time to choose a sensible mini van.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

That's actually surprising, I though the hacking only happened on PC.

BF4 is almost unplayable on the PS3 due to hacking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

KozmoNaut posted:

Let me tell you about cyclists twiddling on their phones, with earphones in.

While riding hands-free.

:sigh:

I don't mind that so much, cause the worst they can do is scratch up your bodywork when they ride into your bonnet.

People who do that in cars should be banned on the spot and, preferably, put in the stocks on the village green for a day.

• Locked thread