Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I sucked this year but it's always fun. Congrats to the conquerors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I hate all of you. I especially hate my team and also myself for drafting my team.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
Yeah, my team was kinda trash this year, but I won another one of my leagues so *shrug*.

I'm moving cross-state in the next few weeks, so there may be a small delay in getting my box to its recipient, but hey, it means you'll get beers from both my old place and my new one!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Last chance to complain about results before I do shipping stuff, state your case or hold your peace.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
My box is ready. It just needs an address

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Alfalfa posted:

My box is ready. It just needs an address

This was my wife's first message to me on OkCupid.

Got my beer all together. Just need to get it wrapped up and packaged.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Apologies for the delay on getting this organized everyone, please update your geographical locations for box assignments:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F4fCw4_JcxQ79KJMgTOupD_xc6TfIPsnWf55QBbxoCI/edit?usp=sharing

Put your name under the column that best fits you(or update if you've moved or I somehow have it incorrectly), and then fill the box in green once you are finished.

Avenged
Jun 9, 2005
Oh man, sorry I missed the consolation bracket drama.

I fully thought I lost. I’m fine losing. So no drama here. Just tell me where to ship my beer!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Avenged posted:

Oh man, sorry I missed the consolation bracket drama.

I fully thought I lost. I’m fine losing. So no drama here. Just tell me where to ship my beer!

Go to the Google docs link and confirm you still live in the midwest, once I have locations I'll assign shipping info.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Here's the shipping assignments:

Forty Ounces to Freeman(5 boxes of beer)
Forum Name: Zam
Sent by:
1. Ben Roethlislager (Aven)
2. Von Haze Burfict (VSG)
3. Z-Flat Natty Lite (Bald)
4. Dallas Sucks (FEET)
5. Natty Guice (Veri)

Dallas Sucks(3 boxes of beer)
Forum Name: Quiet Feet
Sent by:
1. Lamar Miller High Life (Catfish Noodlin)
2. Breesus, King of the Brews (BREE)
3. Firestone Walker (805)

Natty Guice(2 boxes of beer+1 for single game total)
Forum Name:Veritek83
Sent by:
1. Delanie Walker Parabola (spac)
2. Forty Ounces to Freeman (Zam)
3. Lil Piss Whistle (Alf)

Breesus, King of the Brews(1 box, loser’s bracket)-
Forum Name: Paul Proteus
Sent by:
1. Elliott Fournette Hands (Mike)

Please contact the individual you owe a box to get their address, as well as their preferences and any sort of particular weather-based concerns that may arise on either end. Congratulations to the winners, please post your boxes when you get them.

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 10, 2019

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Here's the shipping assignments:

Forty Ounces to Freeman(5 boxes of beer)
Sent by:
2. Von Haze Burfict (VSG)
4. Dallas Sucks (FEET)
5. Natty Guice (Veri)

Dallas Sucks(3 boxes of beer)
Sent by:
1. Lamar Miller High Life (CFN)
2. Breesus, King of the Brews (BREE)
3. Firestone Walker (805)

Natty Guice(2 boxes of beer+1 for single game total)
Sent by:
1. Delanie Walker Parabola (spac)
2. Forty Ounces to Freeman (Zam)
3. Lil Piss Whistle (Alf)

Breesus, King of the Brews(1 box, loser’s bracket)
Sent by:
1. Elliott Fournette Hands (Mike)

Please contact the individual you owe a box to get their address, as well as their preferences and any sort of particular weather-based concerns that may arise on either end. Congratulations to the winners, please post your boxes when you get them.

Can you edit that to include each persons forum name so we know who to message?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

Can you edit that to include each persons forum name so we know who to message?

OK, updated.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Box will hopefully go out by Tuesday the latest if I can get the address.

Looking forward to seeing these box pictures.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Sent out my box this morning.

I'm going for a smaller quantity of higher quality beer next year Jesus Christ, the shipping. :signings:

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
My box is out to Quiet Feet - dropped off at UPS today.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I'm pretty sure mine arrived at Zam's last week. Hopefully no difficulties/breakage.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
My box for Paul P is basically ready, but I'm going to wait to ship until after the Arctic apocalypse in the Midwest is over.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Paul Proteus posted:

:woop:

Also same as Veritek. I PM'ed Zam and mine got there last week. Looking forward to pics.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I've been out of town, however several boxes did arrive safely and pictures will be posted tomorrow.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Hello hello hello, what have we here?

Underneath a ton of bubble wrap, it's this box!

Hmm, Firestone Walker? WHO COULD POSSIBLY HAVE SENT THIS!?

Oh man, each beer in its own individual box? This is some serious fancypants stuff right here for a lowly schlub such as myself. I've never had anything by Firestone Walker before but I've heard good things and I'm enjoying the hell out of one of the DBAs right now. Really looking forward to the Stickee Monkee as I cannot for the life of me find a decent quad around here anymore. Thanks 805! :guinness:

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

Hello hello hello, what have we here?

Underneath a ton of bubble wrap, it's this box!

Hmm, Firestone Walker? WHO COULD POSSIBLY HAVE SENT THIS!?

Oh man, each beer in its own individual box? This is some serious fancypants stuff right here for a lowly schlub such as myself. I've never had anything by Firestone Walker before but I've heard good things and I'm enjoying the hell out of one of the DBAs right now. Really looking forward to the Stickee Monkee as I cannot for the life of me find a decent quad around here anymore. Thanks 805! :guinness:

Glad it all got there in one piece. Enjoy!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Apparently all my local liquor stores stopped selling the styrofoam shippers so I’ve been delayed in getting mine out. Sorry but it shall arrive. Just have to figure out another safe way to ship it.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Paul Proteus posted:

Fingers crossed nothing froze on its way there, but at least it got there!!!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Paul Proteus posted:

Fingers crossed nothing froze on its way there, but at least it got there!!!

Just in the nick of time! We were packing up to head out of state for four birthdays and the Super Bowl. My father, sister, father-in-law and mother-in-law were all born within the first week of February and I watch the game with my dad every year because we're always in town to visit. Anyway, managed to open it up and snap some pictures before we left, and we got in to the in-laws about an hour ago so...

Gloomhaven? Isn't that a D&D thing?

Yeah so it turns out I really needed the hedge clippers. 75% chance that Paul Proteus is actually some kind of giant spider that secretes bubble wrap. These things were cocooned. Not a complaint. Everything was ice cold but thankfully nothing froze.

drat, that's a lot of beer. And hey there's one I've tried! There was a 2011 Bigfoot sitting in my fridge for a few years before I learned that you can't cellar beers in a fridge. Only managed a cursory glance at everything because I had to wrap a bunch of presents before we left, but the Barrel Bear and Big Hugs both look like beers I'm going to love. And I've heard a lot about New Glarus and Half-Acre and I'm happy to have a chance to try some of their brews. Thanks man! :cheers:

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Time to post some boxes!

First up: Quiet Feet

A great assortment of regional and personal favorites from Quiet Feet - which I know thanks to an awesome letter included to detail the choices. Some favorites I haven't had in years here, and some brand new breweries for me. Looking forward to working my way through everything - Cone Flakes currently in the fridge to pop open!

Second Box: Veritek83

Veritek83 managed to hit a wide variety of styles with this box. Looking forward to trying the cider (since I've been having more ciders lately with Modern Times brewing them now), and with rain in the forecast for the next week (as close to winter as LA gets) the BA Porter will be on deck!

Thanks you two, and will post more as they arrive!

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

drat, that's a lot of beer. And hey there's one I've tried! There was a 2011 Bigfoot sitting in my fridge for a few years before I learned that you can't cellar beers in a fridge. Only managed a cursory glance at everything because I had to wrap a bunch of presents before we left, but the Barrel Bear and Big Hugs both look like beers I'm going to love. And I've heard a lot about New Glarus and Half-Acre and I'm happy to have a chance to try some of their brews. Thanks man! :cheers:

:hellyeah:

I was pretty paranoid shipping in a box without dividers, but I'm glad it is there all in one piece with the weather. Thanks for confirming and safe travels!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Is there anyone who has not heard from someone who owes them a box?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Last package!

Sweet, now I have a wine shipper for next year!

Everything here is extremely my poo poo and I have no idea where to start, with a side of "if I drink this then I won't have it for later," but I'm eyeing the Funky Buddha French Toast. Thanks Catfish Noodlin!

Beer fridge looks amazing right now and I'm going to be paralyzed with indecision for weeks.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Last package!

Sweet, now I have a wine shipper for next year!

Everything here is extremely my poo poo and I have no idea where to start, with a side of "if I drink this then I won't have it for later," but I'm eyeing the Funky Buddha French Toast. Thanks Catfish Noodlin!

Beer fridge looks amazing right now and I'm going to be paralyzed with indecision for weeks.

Glad it got there in one piece.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Pending:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Mine’s boxed as of yesterday. Will be going out early this week.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

Mine’s boxed as of yesterday. Will be going out early this week.

My box is out. Should be there end of week.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

Box #3!

Aslin Double Orange Starfish
Aslin Progeny From Crook To Cook
Aslin Master of Oranges
Aslin Belly Shirts
Aslin Helles Lager
Aslin Velocirabbit (RIP)

Sadly Velocirabbit was lost and the Helles was close (being in CA I assume it froze during shipping), however everything else survived. I haven't been trading nearly as much as I did in the past, and as such I have not had anything from Aslin yet. Very excited to try some of these stouts during the few "cold" days we've had lately.

Zam fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 14, 2019

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Just got my box from Alfalfa. Very excited to drink some Texas beers this weekend while snow-bbqing. Will get a pic up this evening.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Zam posted:

Box #3!

Aslin Double Orange Starfish
Aslin Progeny From Crook To Cook
Aslin Master of Oranges
Aslin Belly Shirts
Aslin Helles Lager
Aslin Velocirabbit (RIP)

Sadly Velocirabbit was lost and the Helles was close (being in CA I assume it froze during shipping), however everything else survived. I haven't been trading nearly as much as I did in the past, and as such I have not had anything from Aslin yet. Very excited to try some of these stouts during the few "cold" days we've had lately.

Sorry about the lost beer. I can ship replacements if you'd like. I was worried about the low temperatures but thought everything would be OK.

I don't have any more Velocirabbit or Helles but I could ship something else.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Thanks Alf!

quote:

NOLA Brewing Maiden Voyage
NOLA Brewing Curved Space Thyme
Adelbert's Brewery Tripel B
Jester King Brewery Kollaborationsbier
The Collective Brewing Project Doom Slayer

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

I just wanted to post that Mikey Purp is a real awesome guy and sent out his stuff. Everything arrived and it's a LOT of beer. Looking forward to cracking some random stuff from Colorado.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Some excellent looking beer just arrived. Feels like maybe there's a breakfast theme going on. Thanks spacejung? Or Zam?

quote:

Figueroa Mountain Davy Brown Ale
Oxbow Crossfade
Mikkeller Mosaic Black IPA
Pizza Port Bacon & Eggs Porter
Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast
Modern Times Beer Avatar of Might
Epic Brewing Quadruple Barrel Big Bad Baptist

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Veritek83 posted:

Some excellent looking beer just arrived. Feels like maybe there's a breakfast theme going on. Thanks spacejung? Or Zam?

ENJOY AND THANKS FOR BEING PATIENT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Third box! More California beer. Thanks Zam!

quote:

Highland Park Brewery Lazy Susan
Modern Times Devil's Teeth
Modern Times (& Burial Beer Co.) Temple of Ruin
Modern Times Pharaoh Ascendant
Modern Times Demon Helm
The Good Beer Company Peach Island