Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
heck yeah- even though I didn't get any beer it was surprisingly fun putting together a box to send across the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
A doodle would be good. An 8-10 EST start time on a weeknight would be ideal.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

If that's the *only* way we get a to a full league, ok, fine, but yeah, it's kind of missing the point.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Also, while we're at it are there any other elements of the league that we might want to discuss and vote on besides auction vs. snake? We've got like two weeks before even the first potential draft dates, so we can hash out whatever.

I've got a small one- I think that the "flex" position should be RB/WR/TE. As it stands now, it's only RB/WR. It adds a bit more flexibility and options when it comes to roster composition and churn, and it mirrors real football.

Agreed on including TE in the flex. I vote for auction over snake.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I, Veritek83 :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): auction
RB/WR/TE Flex (Y/N): Y

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): Natty Guice (rip Guice)

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I'm open to moving one of Jones, Beckham or Thomas for a high end RB or something along those line.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

holy poo poo

that's close enough I'd be terrified about scoring adjustments

not a problem I've got this week
:smug:

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

good god, that was close.

that last pass to Jordan Howard made the difference, Elias Sports Bureau willing

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

so on the one hand my total margin of victory in the last three games is 6.6 points

on the other hand I am 4-0

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

Requiescat in piss, friend.

Meanwhile all I needed to happen this week to keep a bye was for either myself to win or Natty Guice to lose, but both myself and his opponent this week are on pace for our worst scores of the year. This despite Natty putting up his worst score of the year. Hooray. :toot:

Yeah, this has been some awful goddamn football today, but I'm optimistic about pulling off the win today- Ol' Whipnuts Peterson isn't putting up 35+ 25+ points tomorrow night.

e: yikes, this could be unpleasantly close tomorrow night

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 3, 2018

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I'm thrilled to win some beer, but my god, do I hate Drew Brees. Also OBJ. And Le'Veon Bell too.

As far as location and preferences- I'm in Richmond VA, so really anything from Virginia gets stocked at the local beer store.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

All that makes sense. Whoever I end up sending a box to, don't hesitate to let me know any particular preferences. This season was fun as hell. This was definitely the league I spent the most time thinking about and I'm extremely excited to buy and receive some nice beer.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I'm pretty sure mine arrived at Zam's last week. Hopefully no difficulties/breakage.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Just got my box from Alfalfa. Very excited to drink some Texas beers this weekend while snow-bbqing. Will get a pic up this evening.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Thanks Alf!

quote:

NOLA Brewing Maiden Voyage
NOLA Brewing Curved Space Thyme
Adelbert's Brewery Tripel B
Jester King Brewery Kollaborationsbier
The Collective Brewing Project Doom Slayer

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Some excellent looking beer just arrived. Feels like maybe there's a breakfast theme going on. Thanks spacejung? Or Zam?

quote:

Figueroa Mountain Davy Brown Ale
Oxbow Crossfade
Mikkeller Mosaic Black IPA
Pizza Port Bacon & Eggs Porter
Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast
Modern Times Beer Avatar of Might
Epic Brewing Quadruple Barrel Big Bad Baptist

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Third box! More California beer. Thanks Zam!

quote:

Highland Park Brewery Lazy Susan
Modern Times Devil's Teeth
Modern Times (& Burial Beer Co.) Temple of Ruin
Modern Times Pharaoh Ascendant
Modern Times Demon Helm
The Good Beer Company Peach Island

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Definitely on board to throw in for some kind of compensatory action, though taking any sort of lead on it is a bit beyond me right now thanks to work & school.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I'd be fine with the escrow idea

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I'm just about to start my second semester of grad school and I've got at least another month of covering for my co-worker who is out on maternity leave, so commissioner duties would be a stretch for me, but I'm happy to help if someone else takes over

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Quiet Feet posted:

The fantasy: "I said I'm going to send Zam some make up beers. I'll look around my fridge and carefully select a good variety."

The reality: "Uhhh, I said I would do this like a month ago I'll just grab some stuff from my recent haul and get this poo poo out this morning."

Anyway, that's done.

If nobody else will step forward I guess I can try to bungle my way through being commissioner if someone more experienced doesn't want to. Just thinking that we're down three and need to set up a draft soon.

Edit: For that matter maybe we should start a new thread?

Yeah, new thread seems appropriate. If we need to fill the final couple spots I can probably recruit some non-SA folks, but I'm guessing once a new thread is up, we'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

My vote would be auction, but I think we probably should get the new thread up and running to get all of that sorted.

Quiet, are you good to serves as commissioner? I'm happy to help, but between two other leagues I run and work and school I can't take point.