Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
In again

Looking forward to having all my stars die in first week or two again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Auction
TE Flex

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I, Alfalfa :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.
Draft format preferred (auction/snake): Auction (would be too easy to beat everyone if it's snake)
RB/WR/TE Flex (Y/N): Y

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): Lil Piss Whistle

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 14, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

spacejung posted:

Trade offers rolling out soon gang, hold tight for a minute while I plug the digies

Same. Think I already have 2 out there.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Not sure if it was the same way last year, but can we turn waivers off until the season and just have period until then be FA?

I think it was that way last year because I remember trying to replace some bad $1 investments and it not costing any FAAB.

But I might also be thinking of another league.

Either way I think that’s a good idea lol.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Catfish Noodlin posted:

It's not readily obvious to me how to do that in the league manager settings. Maybe I could switch it to waivers-based, and when the regular season starts switch it back to auction?

In my other ESPN league I commish, I just turn waivers off totally (making everyone FA) and then turn it back on Sunday of week 1.

Not sure if there is another way to do it though

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

spacejung posted:

Very prescient Alfred Morris add

Actually had to google that word lol.

Would have been better if I didn’t drop Breida for him.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I’d like another quality WR so Alf and Conner are both OTB.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

No clue how I survived the Cousins/Gurley blitz but phew.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

No clue how I’m surviving/survived this week with Powell snapping his neck and McCoy snapping his brain (and probably ankle).

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

If you are in the ale league and have a top QB to spare, I'd like to trade with you so send me an offer.

Sincerely,
Lil Piss Whistle

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Paul Proteus posted:

I'm not certain anyone on our side of the fence has a decent backup worth trading unless you like Mayfield or Trubisky.

P.s. I want to be on the lager side - our division is so insanely tight.

Natty - Watson & Stafford
Roethlislager - Rodgers & Wentz
Dallas - Ryan & Trubs

At least 3 teams might have some interest.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Paul Proteus posted:

Ale - where a 4 game win streak still nets you last place!

Also nets you 2nd place!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Trade deadline is tomorrow it appears.

I'd still like a QB.

Jarvis Landry, Doug Martin, TY Hilton, & maybe LeSean McCoy are OTB if someone wants to send an offer.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

spacejung posted:

Goff for sale... Goff for sale here

Too late. Deadline was midnight apparently :/

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Avenged posted:

Of course, two other 6-6 teams are playing each other while I’m trying to defend my sixth seed in the playoffs. And I’m getting my rear end handed to me.

rip in peace rapeleslager. He forcefully scored.

It ended up a lot closer and you had a chance. I figured I was waking up to a loss since I stopped watching game last night in 3rd and AB was going off.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Looks like Natty Guice is taking home at least 1 box of beer for having highest score in the league back in week 10 with score of 177.6.

He also has the chance to grab another box playing in the 3rd place game this week.

Everyone should start building their boxes since the next month really flies by and they should be shipped out no later than Feb. 2nd.

Really enjoyed the season this year and looking forward to next!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Hope whoever gets my box likes Miller High Life and Red Dog. Because if I don’t end up with a single box after my tragedy last season and now everyone dying this season right at the end. It’s what you are getting :smug:

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

I cannot believe I made it this far. I'd figured I was a goner after Keenan went out and Alfalfa's Hopkins torched the Jets. :stare:

I'm in Mass but basically right next to Providence RI and most northeasterly breweries get distribution here. I tend to go for dark, malty and boozy beers and most German and Belgian styles are very much right up my alley. Things like bocks, stouts, quads, scotch ales and the like are extremely my jam, as the kids say, or so I've heard.

Already started buying beer for my box. Not sure if anyone's heard of this but there's a great place up in Boston called Sam... Adams I think?

Edit: Seeing the #1 and #2 seeds posting above, drat dudes, I fully expected it to be you guys. Those were great teams up until last week.

I’m an angry angry man as this league is the one of the few I care about.

Having you crush my dream by the way of Chris Carson and Damien Williams really, really, really hurts.

Only consolation I have is I didn’t really leave any points on the bench to second guess myself.

They just sucked rear end this week.

Congrats and I’m in Texas and looking forward to sending you a growler of Sam Adams to make it feel super special.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'd like to get the shipping assignments out, but I'm embarrassed to say I don't know who is #3 and who is the winner of the losers bracket so uhhh someone help me out here lol

Err I mean I really got 3rd instead of 4th so I get the box. Not that guy.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

My box is ready. It just needs an address

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Here's the shipping assignments:

Forty Ounces to Freeman(5 boxes of beer)
Sent by:
1. Ben Roethlislager (Aven)
2. Von Haze Burfict (VSG)
3. Z-Flat Natty Lite (Bald)
4. Dallas Sucks (FEET)
5. Natty Guice (Veri)

Dallas Sucks(3 boxes of beer)
Sent by:
1. Lamar Miller High Life (CFN)
2. Breesus, King of the Brews (BREE)
3. Firestone Walker (805)

Natty Guice(2 boxes of beer+1 for single game total)
Sent by:
1. Delanie Walker Parabola (spac)
2. Forty Ounces to Freeman (Zam)
3. Lil Piss Whistle (Alf)

Breesus, King of the Brews(1 box, loser’s bracket)
Sent by:
1. Elliott Fournette Hands (Mike)

Please contact the individual you owe a box to get their address, as well as their preferences and any sort of particular weather-based concerns that may arise on either end. Congratulations to the winners, please post your boxes when you get them.

Can you edit that to include each persons forum name so we know who to message?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Box will hopefully go out by Tuesday the latest if I can get the address.

Looking forward to seeing these box pictures.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Apparently all my local liquor stores stopped selling the styrofoam shippers so I’ve been delayed in getting mine out. Sorry but it shall arrive. Just have to figure out another safe way to ship it.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Mine’s boxed as of yesterday. Will be going out early this week.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

Mine’s boxed as of yesterday. Will be going out early this week.

My box is out. Should be there end of week.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

on the bored wop posted:

Hey guys, is there a waiting list for this league? I'd love to get in if a spot opens up.

We should have minimum 2 spots open up next season it looks like :(

Sorry Zam. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send you a Tavour gift card to at least help out some.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'll turn in their toxx's so to speak, and I'd be happy to contribute as well to a compensatory package.

Any ideas for how we can fix this issue? It doesn't happen every year, but occasionally we do have people who don't send out the appropriate boxes and it's really frustrating.

The best idea I can think of is some sort of escrow type setup- everyone pays $50 up front, and it gets refunded when a box is received by the proper recipient. There appears to be apps for this kind of stuff, but I don't have any familiarity with them.

I like the $50 escrow idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I’m unfortunately out this year with goals to be back in 2020.

Just in too many leagues this year :/