Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Some questions. Can you switch around classes later or are you locked from the start of the game?

Also am I gimping myself if Im just running with one pawn right now?
I'm only answering because you asked.

You can switch, and you can use anywhere between 0 and 3 pawns. 3 is optimal but you also spend more time managing pawns, and more importantly finding good ones. Entirely up to you.

Minimize spoilers when it comes to quests and exploration. Way more fun to stumble on things, and the game is fun and easy to replay so don't stress about missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Is there any reason not to spend the 1k discipline or whatever to upgrade my pawn from basic mage to sorcerer immediately? That's the part I don't understand lol
Different skills, augments. But you can always switch back. Mage/Sorcerer are more similar to each other than any other two classes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I wonder if you can still rent my pawn. That was always one of my favorite parts of the game, seeing all the random pawns pulled in from friends lists
Yes you can. Stacey, right? Steam friends' pawns always show up in the void, so I have a pile of Imp pawns that turn up every time. George Kosm, the Costanza impersonator, also shows up. I forget which Imp made him.

I still play this pretty regularly.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Lol George Kosm is evil eagle's I think.
There's also a bunch of others, but I don't remember them. I think your pawn stays in the system until you start a new game, since you can only have one save file.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I should really go back and finish BBI... I don't remember if I finished the everfall either
I really don't like Bitterblack at all, but I know some people enjoy it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

it's the best dungeon ever
I'd like it better in a different game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Yeah I like how it makes a little mini quest out of it too. I ran into a cyclops while also dealing with a bandit ambush and it was like an epic 20 minute ordeal and felt really cool. Then i finally made it to the torchlight on the horizon and was hoping for shelter but it was an abandoned fortress populated by misandrist female warriors who immediately ganged up on me for the crime of being a male . This game rules lol
If you have an all-women party you can make them your friends.

• Locked thread