Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
RW to Damore'ea Stringfellow all season long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

gotta get jaron brown used to running 3 yard curls instead of deep crossers

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Benne posted:

Mysterious knee injuries with tentative timetables are generally not a good sign!

he is fine

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Who needs WR when we can run three dive plays and punt.

Uh I think we need WRs if we're going to run three curls just short of the sticks

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

shirts and skins posted:

Uh I think we need WRs if we're going to run three curls just short of the sticks

Flex out some extra linemen. Some have already converted positions once, why not again?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Coldforge posted:

Flex out some extra linemen. Some have already converted positions once, why not again?

Have you seen the TEs they picked up? Flexing out linemen is going to be like half the pass offense

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1024745477777055745

Good thing we addressed WR depth in the offseason with ...*checks notes* Jaron Brown and an 86-year-old Brandon Marshall :shepicide:

I know how Schefter intended to use it but "hopeful and confident" like that is pretty funny

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

:allears:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1024831838764838912

Not bad after coming back from herniated disc surgery.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Torry Holt and his finger shows up at Rams training camp:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Earl Thomas wrote an article at The Players Tribune.

loving pay the guy already.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I really doubt that they will. I am all about a 3yr ext but I have a hunch that this is also part of the restarting of the team culture as more team focused and less big name focused (regardless of how good that big name is).

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Second page ground floor lets do this

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/MrFrizzleFry/status/1024872759938019328

So on board with this.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

seiferguy posted:

loving pay trade the guy already.
Fixed

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You can’t make Samuel Bradford play Aaron Donald and Kahlil Mack each twice a year, he will die

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

DariusLikewise posted:

You can’t make Samuel Bradford play Aaron Donald and Kahlil Mack each twice a year, he will die

I'm still actually on board with it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I like the implication that Bradford will play in 4 games

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

EmbryoSteve posted:

I really doubt that they will. I am all about a 3yr ext but I have a hunch that this is also part of the restarting of the team culture as more team focused and less big name focused (regardless of how good that big name is).

Unfortunately you need players who are good to win football games

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/AaronDonald97/status/1025386446784552960

WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He's a big Days of Our Lives fan.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Unfortunately you need players who are good to win football games

:hai:

Although, from the perspective that this team isn't a playoff team anyways and it was inevitable this defensive group would break up soon, it does make some sense to get younger and offload some cap.

I think Pete wants to start over and thinks he can put together another defensive group with good talent and small contracts. I have my doubts but there is some reason behind it

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
"From the SEA" made sense last time because he was leaving

"To the SEA" is the actual saying and it was available this time around because he's going to be coming to SEA to murder us

cmon bruh

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Sherman’s gonna get a pick-6 off of Wilson, and he deserves to.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I love my stupid Seahawks and I still want to see Sherm pick off Wilson and maybe take his wife or whatever.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Inspector 34 posted:

I love my stupid Seahawks and I still want to see Sherm pick off Wilson and maybe take his wife or whatever.

Last time a man slept with Wilson's wife they won a Super Bowl so I accept these terms.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Its Rinaldo posted:

Last time a man slept with Wilson's wife they won a Super Bowl so I accept these terms.

or... the man who slept with his wife won the super bowl

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Inspector 34 posted:

I for one want to see Russ hang 14 over his traitorous rear end.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benny the Snake posted:

Uh

The Seahawks cut Sherman

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Benny the Snake posted:

Ugh

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
If this season is good I will be like hey thats pretty wild good times

If this season is bad I will blame everything on Jordan Peterson

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Benny the Snake posted:

LOL at this bullshit. Sherman was cool and good on the Hawks, and they left him high and dry.

I hope he owns in San Fran.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If this season is good I will be like hey thats pretty wild good times

If this season is bad I will blame everything on Jordan Peterson

I'll probably just blame it on neck stingers tbh. It's quickly becoming clear that this team is not going to have a pass rush. Maybe they could have survived the loss of Bennett and Richardson with a good year of Avril and a step forward by Clark, but with Avrio gone the cupboard us bare.

Wish I could put money on them using the '19 first round pick on pass rush, sounds like there's good talent in the next draft and they need it bad.

Case in point: the team is scrambling for DE bodies, especially with Dion Jordan out:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1025774321908805632?s=19

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 4, 2018

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

shirts and skins posted:

Case in point: the team is scrambling for DE bodies, especially with Dion Jordan out:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1025774321908805632?s=19

Lmao @ the Seahawks looking for veteran CB help.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Coldforge posted:

Lmao @ the Seahawks looking for veteran CB help.

I don't think they're particularly serious about Cromartie, beyond as potential experienced depth if injuries creep in. Of all the positions on the team, I'm least worried about Pete's ability to coach CB. Shaq Griffin and Byron Maxwell showed they were perfectly capable of holding those positions down last season.

Low key excited about Tre Flowers too, he's a 6'3 guy who played S at OK State but was clearly drafted as a CB project and has a perfect body for a Carroll-style kick step CB. Probably won't see much of him next year, but if the team can stash him for the year he could be really good. But he's getting an education today apparently:

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1025847507404783616

(if Marshall can stay healthy this season I think Russ is really gonna like having him around)

If Earl leaves, then FS...less sure of that position obviously. :-\ Might mean a scheme fix closer to ATL's, with two high safeties rather than one. Not like Kam is around anymore, although McDougald does a decent impression.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Aug 4, 2018

e.martin
Jun 22, 2018

Sherman is one of my most hated players of all time. Hard to see him in a Niner jersey but interested to see what he has left in the tank. He cant be any worse that Dontae Johnson. Sounds like he has been helping out the other young DBs a lot. Should be interesting. I would love to see him with a pick six in SEA.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

e.martin posted:

Sherman is one of my most hated players of all time. Hard to see him in a Niner jersey but interested to see what he has left in the tank. He cant be any worse that Dontae Johnson. Sounds like he has been helping out the other young DBs a lot. Should be interesting. I would love to see him with a pick six in SEA.

Are... are you my wife? She has this exact opinion minus the well-deserved Dontae Johnson dig

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
It is like a month from the regular season and I still do not have an opinion about the 49ers. They are a total blank slate.

It is probably residual doubt and pessimism.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

It is like a month from the regular season and I still do not have an opinion about the 49ers. They are a total blank slate.

It is probably residual doubt and pessimism.

Offense will be good, maybe great. Defense :shrug: should be good at stopping the run again. But their pass defense :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Complicated feelings. As a Seahawks person I am totally on board with Sherman torching the Seahawks, who have sold themselves down the river. Whether that will happen or not, Sherman got a good deal from the 49ers if he is no good anymore, which I also approve of because Sherman is cool. It will not be fun to watch if he sucks now though.