Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Welp, we lost Kittle and Solly. RIP the 2018 season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Coldforge posted:

Welp, we lost Kittle and Solly. RIP the 2018 season.

hey it's good news Solly only... *checks notes* ...maybe lost an eye?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

hey it's good news Solly only... *checks notes* ...maybe lost an eye?

Oh, well as long as he still has one, that's fine. You don't need depth perception or binocular vision to chase down...Russell Wilson.

gently caress.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Coldforge posted:

Oh, well as long as he still has one, that's fine. You don't need depth perception or binocular vision to chase down...Russell Wilson.

gently caress.

Maybe the Seahawks will have good pass pro and Russ will just throw from the pocket?

lol

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I'm at the 49ers game right now and it was fine at 7pm on the shady side. If you want tickets PM me and we can work something out.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

OGS-Remix posted:

I'm at the 49ers game right now and it was fine at 7pm on the shady side. If you want tickets PM me and we can work something out.

drat dude I wish I was in town that sounds fun. And yeah don't be too surprised that people in California complain about weather easily

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

drat dude I wish I was in town that sounds fun. And yeah don't be too surprised that people in California complain about weather easily

The shady side.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Who is Kittle?

Also how have seattle newbies looked?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Coldforge posted:

The shady side.

it's fine on the other side too and you know it

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Who is Kittle?

George Kittle was a fifth round TE picked by the San Francisco 49ers in the 2017 NFL draft, who was the second leading TE in yards per route run or something in his rookie year. The expectation was that he would be TE1 this year.

He is now dead. Rest In Peace, George.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Play posted:

it's fine on the other side too and you know it

Ahhh, I see you’ve attended a game with seats on that side, as your brain is obviously cooked.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Coldforge posted:

Ahhh, I see you’ve attended a game with seats on that side, as your brain is obviously cooked.

That's where you'd be wrong my friend!! *gestures furiously to oversize novelty sombrero*

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
The 49ers have some crazy WR depth this year. No top end #1, but still, that position group got turned around quick.

Too bad they can't play O-line or TE.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The sun rises in the east, bears poo poo in the woods, and C.J. Prosise has a lingering injury

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1027724570403332097

Football really is back

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Who is Kittle?

Also how have seattle newbies looked?

Shaquem and Penny looked good.

The rest? Ehhhh

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benne posted:

The sun rises in the east, bears poo poo in the woods, and C.J. Prosise has a lingering injury

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1027724570403332097

Football really is back

Football's back!! CJ Prosise is not making this team.

seiferguy posted:

Shaquem and Penny looked good.

The rest? Ehhhh

The new punter Dickson is gonna own. Tre Flowers is very green but has the potential to be great if he develops right. Rasheem Green rushed the passer well, which we'll need because there is no pass rush. Apparently Will Dissly had a couple of good plays at TE, but I was asleep by then and you can't tell much from playing with third and fourth stringers.

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Aug 10, 2018

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The 49ers were always my NFC team (because of TO, mainly) until the Seahawks moved, so I was never in to the "hated rivals" thing. I like both teams, still do, so Sherman going there is cool, and if the 49ers are better this year while Seattle rebuilds, then great. I don't know if it's a little weird rooting for two teams in the same division, but it's cool when both teams are good. Watching SF crash and burn the past few years has been hard.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Turns out Jamarco Jones only has a bad ankle sprain. Nothing torn / broken, so thank god. Would have sucked to have consecutive seasons losing an o-line in the preseason.

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Breida, Kittle, Thomas, Gilliam and Harold all with injuries. And CJ Beathard with 100 tipped passes, lmao. Football is back!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

seiferguy posted:

Turns out Jamarco Jones only has a bad ankle sprain. Nothing torn / broken, so thank god. Would have sucked to have consecutive seasons losing an o-line in the preseason.

Seriously. Sucks that the injury will keep him from challenging Ifedi for that RT spot though. Captain False Start could use the competition.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

shirts and skins posted:

Seriously. Sucks that the injury will keep him from challenging Ifedi for that RT spot though. Captain False Start could use the competition.

Isiah Battle, who was pushing Ifedi in camp, went down also. I havent checked the injury stuff, but Ifedi MUST have some competition cause god drat he has the tools but needs to get challenged to get over his mental stuff imo.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Maggot Soup posted:

Breida, Kittle, Thomas, Gilliam and Harold all with injuries. And CJ Beathard with 100 tipped passes, lmao. Football is back!

Also Malcolm Smith with a hammy! That sure was a great signing.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
That's superbowl MVP Michael Smith to you, punk

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yeah that was such a suspect signing

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That's superbowl MVP Michael Smith to you, punk

I wish. Michael is probably more durable than this Malcolm guy, who's managed to play a single series in a single preseason game after a year with the 49ers.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Sean Mannion is total rear end and the Rams should look around at other teams during the preseason to see if they can get someone in that second slot who would give the Rams a chance to win. He's pretty much always been awful

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Watching Flowers and Shaquem visibly get better as the game progressed made me really pumped for the rest of the season. Watching Davis and McGoo play made me really worried about Russ's health.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Oh lol whoops

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
tbh I should not be watching football. There's like 20 guys worth knowing in the UFC and I couldn't keep track of them after watching like every event for 7 years or something.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1027963710575398912

Rise from your grave, George!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Play posted:

Sean Mannion is total rear end and the Rams should look around at other teams during the preseason to see if they can get someone in that second slot who would give the Rams a chance to win. He's pretty much always been awful

They spent a third-round pick on him :psyduck:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Benne posted:

That was before they got Goff and was also the previous regime's choice. Hackenberg went in the 2nd didn't he? Sometimes you gotta cut your losses and I've just never seen him play well. Last night he was absolutely awful, the kind of performance where you know if Goff goes down the team is done for

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Play posted:

That was before they got Goff and was also the previous regime's choice.

Les Snead is still gainfully employed

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Benne posted:

Les Snead is still gainfully employed

Forgot that he was there then too. In any case my main point is that it really doesn't matter what round someone was taken if they're not capable of helping the team. The Rams are one of those teams that could be successful even with mediocre QB play, but it still has to be mediocre and Mannion has never shown he can do that to my knowledge

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Isiah Battle, who was pushing Ifedi in camp, went down also. I havent checked the injury stuff, but Ifedi MUST have some competition cause god drat he has the tools but needs to get challenged to get over his mental stuff imo.

Battle's injury was minor thankfully, but he's only ever read as a backup to me. Would love to be proven wrong, but :shrug:

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Watching Flowers and Shaquem visibly get better as the game progressed made me really pumped for the rest of the season. Watching Davis and McGoo play made me really worried about Russ's health.

Probably a few reasons why one's play would apparently improve over the course of a preseason game. That being said, I'm excited about Flowers and Shaquem too.

Who the gently caress was that wearing #24, by the way? Feel like that one should be soft retired at least.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

In fairness, that does seem to be when teams take a chance on QBs seen as being flawed-with-a-chance-to-develop, round 3 or 4.

It’s a total crapshoot, like every pick after round 1.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm pretty sure Russell Wilson is the only virgin on the team.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

seiferguy posted:

I'm pretty sure Russell Wilson is the only virgin on the team.

You know he wanders the locker room talking about "gettin' busy" all the time and no one ever believes him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Meanwhile Ciara keeps making "business trips" to Detroit.