Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Bud Light sucks but that statue owns let’s go Birds get loving hype

e: by Birds I mean Eagles and not the other birds I have no idea if Falcons fans also call their team Birds

e: just remembered the whole Dirty Birds thing so yeah I guess but it’s a specific birds whereas the Eagles are just The Birds. Are the Cardinals the Red Birds and Seahawks the Wet Birds? Gonna need to do more research on this

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017

Diqnol posted:

Giants could very well be 0-7 before they finally have a chance to beat the Skins (vJax, @Dal, @Hou, vNO, @Car, vEahahahahahha, @Atl)

I fully expect them to go 1-7 then 7-1 or the other way round.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Yodzilla posted:

e: by Birds I mean Eagles and not the other birds I have no idea if Falcons fans also call their team Birds

e: just remembered the whole Dirty Birds thing so yeah I guess but it’s a specific birds whereas the Eagles are just The Birds. Are the Cardinals the Red Birds and Seahawks the Wet Birds? Gonna need to do more research on this

The ravens are also birds. Though when people in Baltimore talk about “the birds” they generally mean the orioles. It’s weird to be in a city where both major league teams are birds.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

I'm gonna make crabby snacks and homemades and get super drunk. Probably pregame with an episode of It's Always Sunny.

It will help me forget that Boston, where I am now, is a pretend city that tries to be colonial, cutting edge, and working class at the same time but settles for cold, alcoholic and racist.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/1037686858132537351

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why would they make a statue of the playcall and not the play?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Because the backup quarterback called a trick play on 4th and 2 at halftime in the Superbowl and the coach listened to him.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Because Burton isn’t on the team anymore.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Because that would be a huge rear end statue and I'm not sure how it would work. Would make a neat diorama though.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Diqnol posted:

Because Burton isn’t on the team anymore.

I mean just one of Foles catching the ball.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

very stable genius posted:

The ravens are also birds. Though when people in Baltimore talk about “the birds” they generally mean the orioles. It’s weird to be in a city where both major league teams are birds.

I completely forgot about the Ravens. I guess they’re The Birds 2: Bird Harder since the Orioles came first.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It will help me forget that Boston, where I am now, is a pretend city that tries to be colonial, cutting edge, and working class at the same time but settles for cold, alcoholic and racist.

Don’t forget insanely expensive for reasons I don’t understand.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

I completely forgot about the Ravens. I guess they’re The Birds 2: Bird Harder since the Orioles came first.

Don’t forget insanely expensive for reasons I don’t understand.

Vodka Soda at nice bar: $4. *Hops on T for 15 minutes* Vodka soda at mediocre bar: $14.

It's also weird because there are so many startups and companies like Wayfair depressing wages.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 6, 2018

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Because the playcall was when Nick said “Philly Philly” and the statue was paid for by Bud Light.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Giants will be 14-2 this year the Eagles will be 2-14 starting with tonights win

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Eli is done and is going to look really bad as the season progresses.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Doltos posted:

Giants will be 14-2 this year the Eagles will be 2-14 starting with tonights win

never change

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

a new study bible! posted:

aesthetically it's trash imo, but maybe it's not a good picture or maybe my eyes are bad.
Compared to the Rocky statue, it's a masterpiece.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Eagles will be 16-0 and repeat as Super Bowl champs.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Doltos posted:

This is the best you could come up with? Wow

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Doltos posted:

This isn’t even a good troll

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Last year was season four or whichever the bad season was of game of thrones, where all the strong powerful houses were licking their wounds and the one assholes rose to power for no other reason than someone needed to.

Even I have to admit the game itself was maybe the best super bowl of all time but the talent in the league was objectively at a deep nasty trough.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Yodzilla posted:

Cardinals...Seahawks...birds everywhere.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Doltos posted:

I'll be surprised if the Giants get 14 wins by the end of next season.

Also hey Gumbel2 my fellow Eagle fan/Masshole hail SatanDunkin :hfive:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My predictions:
Washington 10-6
Eagles 9-7
Cowboys 4-12
Giants 2-14

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

My predictions:
Washington 10-6
Eagles 9-7
Cowboys 4-12
Giants 2-14

washintgon 10-6 is loving hilarious but everything else looks on point.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Kinda crossposting from the N/V thread, but the Eagles just sent Mack Hollins to IR, which is both unexpected and a bummer

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah that’s a huge bummer, here’s hoping he’s good to go for the back half of the season. I want him to be a good weapon.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

HYPE FOR THE SEASON START!!!!!! Eagles are just cooler, bigger, more national image falcons so gently caress off Atlanta!!!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV7mWuCdkpY

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

euphronius posted:

My predictions:
Washington 10-6
Eagles 9-7
Cowboys 4-12
Giants 2-14

This is a tough division to pick and I'm expecting a bit of an Eagles fade and a Dallas resurgence . Having a hard time coming up with a sleeper team anywhere in the NFL this year but we know there's always a couple.

I'll go

Philadelphia 10-6
Dallas 10-6
NY Giants 8-8
Washington 6-10

edit: n/m

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Eagles are cool and good and my friend and they will win tonight against the lesser bird team they previously bested in the playoffs.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
The Philadelphia Eagles are not winning the football game tonight.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah you gotta think if Dallas' defense clicks they have the best shot at sneaking in regardless of their receiver issues

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Quiet Feet posted:

The Eagles are cool and good and my friend and they will win tonight against the lesser bird team they previously bested in the playoffs.

:hmmyes:

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Rappaport just said Wentz could be out until October.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

El Patron posted:

drat, that's huge

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Eli is done and is going to look really bad as the season progresses.

I'm so glad they passed on a QB this year

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

El Patron posted:

I hope this is as right as pumphrey’s breakout year

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Didn't we know he would miss 4 weeks aka October already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Play posted:

Yeah you gotta think if Dallas' defense clicks they have the best shot at sneaking in regardless of their receiver issues

Having Elliott for a full season too. I hate the loving Cowboys but they still went 9-7 last year and Dak has another year under him. They didn't suck last year.