Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
After spending to long farming out ideas for the thread title, I just went with something (Jay Rust) said last month for the thread title. Anyways, in August games slowly start coming out again. Here's the usual probably incomplete list.

Aug. 1 – Yakuza 0 (PC)
Aug. 2 – Iconoclasts (Switch)
Aug. 2 – Salt & Sanctuary (Switch)
Aug. 2 – Russian Subway Dogs (PC)
Aug. 2 – This Is The Police 2 (PC)
Aug. 3 – WarioWare Gold (3DS)
Aug. 7 – Hearthstone: The Boomsday Project DLC (PC)
Aug. 7 – Dead Cells (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
Aug. 7 – Hyper Universe (Xbox One)
Aug. 7 – Overcooked 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
Aug. 8 – PES 2019 Demo (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Aug. 9 – Monster Hunter World (PC)
Aug. 9 – Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom: Adventure Pack DLC (PC, PS4)
Aug. 9 – Okami HD (Switch)
Aug. 10 – Madden NFL 19 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Aug. 10 – We Happy Few (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Aug. 14 – Death’s Gambit (PC, PS4)
Aug. 14 – Phantom Doctrine (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Aug. 14 – Telltale’s The Walking Dead: The Final Season Episode 1 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Aug. 14 – World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth (PC)
Aug. 15 – State of Mind (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
Aug. 17 – Polygod (PC, Xbox One, Steam)
Aug. 21 – All-Star Fruit Racing (EU) (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
Aug. 21 – Shenmue 1 & 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Aug. 21 – Guacamelee 2 (PS4, PC)
Aug. 23 – Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr (PS4, Xbox One)
Aug. 24 – F1 2018 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Aug. 28 – Firewall: Zero Hour (PSVR)
Aug. 28 – Little Dragons Cafe (US) (Switch, PS4)
Aug. 28 – Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Switch)
Aug. 28 – PES 2019 (US) (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Aug. 28 – Strange Brigade (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Aug. 28 – Victor Vran: Overkill Edition (Switch)
Aug. 28 – Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4)
Aug. 28 – Blade Strangers (PS4, Switch, PC)
Aug. 30 – PES 2019 (EU) (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Aug. 30 – Two Point Hospital (PC)
Aug. 31 – Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition (PS4, Xbox One)
Aug. 31 – Naruto To Boruto: Shinobi Striker (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Let this be a good month of games an/or anime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

So hyped to play Shenmue again rather than anything new. I am what's wrong with gaming today.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Tomorrow is the start of my first foray into the Yakuza series as a whole, starting with the Y0 PC launch

I'm cautiously interested??? For $20 I guess that's enough

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Tomorrow is the start of my first foray into the Yakuza series as a whole, starting with the Y0 PC launch

just remember. real yakuza use a dj hero controller

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nothing that I haven't already got/played until Kiwami 2 I guess.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i hope little dragons cafe is good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello august

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
Really hyped for Two Point Hospital.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

August's Game of the Month will be "keeping first child happy when second child arrives in very small babby form"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

August's Game of the Month will be "keeping first child happy when second child arrives in very small babby form"

Also Kiwami 2

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Oh poo poo wow comes out this month?

And we happy few?

Yeah I guess I don't really care

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have Yakuza 0, and Shenmue 1 & 2 pre-ordered on Steam. Pre-loading Yakuza 0 right now. I also want to get Monster Hunter World, and Madden 19 for PC.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

your favorite video game sucks

I'm open for debate just find my twitch stream and we will throw down

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chasm seems pretty alright and so far I'd put it on the more first half of Order of Ecclesia side of Castlevanias. They could stand to tone down contact damage a bit or give more frequent save points, though, and I'm finding the gap between new ability acquisition is a bit big right now. I'm two hours in and thus far only have a ledge grab. I died and kind of don't want to redo a bunch of stuff tonight so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Edit: Could also go for getting back to town not being such a big pain. There are warp points, but they're pretty sparse and you still have to do a lot of fighting to and from them.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Aug 1, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've had a lot of fun with Oblivion and I want to finish the Shivering Isles content but I do kinda hope I'm done with it soon. There's so many great games in my backlog that I want to dive into and my eyes are starting to wander. That said, I just did the quest where you torture the three adventurers and make them go insane and that was so dang good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I did it. I found a good anime body pillow.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

MysticalMachineGun posted:

So hyped to play Shenmue again rather than anything new. I am what's wrong with gaming today.

I wanna play Shenmue again but there are too many things coming up to show Ryo the respect he deserves. Will have to wait until the fall schedule dies down a little.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Like around March?

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
fingers crossed that gamefly ships Warioware to me by Monday/Tuesday!!!!

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

ready to become a walking mass-extinction event on the 9th and send all dinosaurs and dragons straight to hell

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

Like around March?

What day do the events of Shenmue I begin, like December something? I'll try for then so that I can do the moves alongside Ryo.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I started Get Even today and played it for 4 hours. Every single gameplay element is just average but it's rare to see a game that combines so many elements together. It's an exploration game where you spend a ton of time reading, then sometimes you solve puzzles? And sometimes you get into areas where you can shoot or stealth your way through? And then sometimes it turns into a horror game for a while? Then into a spy thriller about corporate espionage? Then into a family drama about a negligent father cheating on his wife? There's also a bunch of subtle and not so subtle choices/actions that affect the story? Yet at the same time it's a linear, story heavy, single player only, 10 hour game with extremely little replay value released in the year of our lord 2017. It sure is something.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's Clementine up to these days

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Wow, four Yakuza games in month, SEGA is going crazy

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
And zero Jet Set Radios. Give the people what they want Sega.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

La Mulana 2 came out last month but no one's finished it yet so I think it still counts

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In that case it'll probably still count for September too

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sipping my morning coffee at work, slowly waking up, and just realized that the radiance in hollow knight is basically juffo-wup

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Cowcaster posted:

sipping my morning coffee at work, slowly waking up, and just realized that the radiance in hollow knight is basically juffo-wup

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Dead Cells is extremely good

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Cowcaster posted:

It is unironically cool and good that the plot of Hollow Knight is "bugs can't not fly towards a bright light".

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

August is metroidvania month I guess.

Also lol at the colonel sniping the last thread before hamhock closed it. Well done.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mak0rz posted:

August is metroidvania month I guess.

Also lol at the colonel sniping the last thread before hamhock closed it. Well done.

It was a good snipe

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

Same boat, I'm excited to play my first yakuza!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.destructoid.com/phantom-doctrine-lets-you-run-a-rogue-intelligence-agency-509117.phtml

I'm gonna check this game out in like two weeks or whatever.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I bought Yakuzo 0 on ps4 several months ago on a sale and haven't played it.

I guess....i should

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wow that's even more nail on the head than i thought

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I've been playing No Man's Sky for the first time with the NEXT update. It's a glitchy mess with way too much grinding but goddamn does the ability to rocket out of the planet's atmosphere, mine some asteroids, then dock on a space station to barter with some aliens really, really appeal to the sci-fi nerd in me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
Oh hell yeah yakuza 0. Game on :hehe:

• Locked thread