Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

iospace posted:

The other thing is rugby style tackles are also much more consistent at bringing the ball carrier down. The thing is players want to make this highlight real hit or cause a fumble, and while those are cool and all, for every one of those hits, you have 10 where the tackler straight up fails to make an impact and next thing you know the carrier is 10 yards downfield.

Unless it's brits trying to tackle fijians in the rugby 7s at the last Olympics. If you guys haven't seen that gold medal game it's on YouTube and is amazjng

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

corn on the cop posted:

hoo boy this new penalty is loving abysmal

It's making roquan Smith look even smarter about fighting over this

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Play posted:

I can't believe the Bears still haven't signed Roquan Smith, I'm really starting to doubt this Bears team again which is probably a good idea

Thanks my man I was a bit confused at how it all worked but I'll look a little harder next time.

Bears are relying on 6 unproven/returning from horrific injury at their 4 wr (Gabriel, ar15, white, Miller) and 2 te (Shaheen, that guy from Philly) spots, plus a new coach and scheme. This year will have enough improvement and flashes to get people excited but finish last, next year they might sneak into 2nd in division , then return to earth as everything gets figured out

Basically the bears are gonna be the early 00s browns

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm super excited for the bears to throw tight end screens to unproven guys in a scheme that requires Travis kelce and end up replicating John shoop

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Kevin White has had a pretty weird career so far. He could also benefit from a sports psych now that he's finally sort of healthy.

He's gonna go down as a top 5 wr bust. Charles Rogers is the only one worse

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Roquan got hurt and is missing some time

Oh well

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Hell yes it's the Jay Cutler trade all over again

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Doltos posted:

Here's my impression of the bears now that they added Mack

*5-11*

Half of last seasons wins plus 4 is the most reliable forecast, which is 6.5 (exactly what Vegas has). This might get them to 7 wahooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Real talk who are the top 5 defenders in the NFL

It's watt, Donald and mack for sure right? And then a bunch of other guys with arguments for them like Calais Campbell or suh?

• Locked thread