Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
https://twitter.com/beckjason/status/1024395695334334465?s=21

Extremely disappointed to find out Fiers is staying in a division that doesn’t allow us to demolish him every now and then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

Would you trade Osuna for Fiers

Yeah, if only because Fiers is a marginally less lovely person. I guess he could throw BP and save Brocamonte’s arm.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

I was listening to Matt Thomas yesterday leading into the trade deadline (where I heard the Fiers news, then I guess it turned out to be false) and there was a caller who said the following

- The usual we don't know what he did line
- That he heard that Osuna had cheated on his girlfriend
- Therefor it's likely she was calling him "every name in the book"
- As a result of this he might have "just" slapped her or something, and that's not real assault
- The caller had once grabbed a cheating girlfriend by the hair and swung her around which also isn't real assault according to him

:psyduck:

Like I said in the last thread, I’m willing to bet money that the fan reaction to Osuna’s first appearance at MMP is going to be absolutely sickening. It’ll make the standing O Yuli got in the WS look like a tasteful disapproval.

:sigh:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

Maybe he'll blow a bunch of saves on the road before his first appearance at home and will get booed

We should be so lucky

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The Mets are going to be the first team in history to wheel a pitcher out to the mound with an IV drip

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Popete posted:

FTFY

He'd be rich as gently caress.

Given how broken Search and Post History has been for the last three years he wouldn’t even have to charge

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

McCann using his DL time wisely

I see Fisher more than McCann

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Bird in a Blender posted:

When visiting other parks, I get really really annoyed when I can't take public transit there. I hate driving to games with a passion. It's why I'm not looking forward to my final four parks, Atlanta, Tampa, Dallas, and Houston.

Houston’s mass transit is kind of a joke, but there’s tons of garages and surface lots within a 3-6 block walk of MMP. There’s a single rail line going down Main St. that you could take and then walk the last 6 blocks if you didn’t want to park close to the stadium.

You could also eat before the game at Ninfa’s on Navigation (one of the better Tex-Mex places in Houston) and take their free shuttle :haw:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Jesus christ I hate every single thing about this trade :cripes:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
He phrased it poorly then, because that statement as it stands reads like “My client isn’t sorry he did it, he’s sorry he got caught”.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

iospace posted:

Wait, MLB has no problem with weed? :psyduck:

Not exactly, they just don’t test for it. It’s not like a full approval situation.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
My sister found something amazing

It’s so beautiful I can’t bring myself to light it :allears:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’m really thrilled that the Osuna trade is going to spawn a never-ending deluge of articles like this one, cementing the Astros’ place as the new Evil Team of baseball.

In a week’s span I’ve gone from being really pumped about another possible WS run to feeling ashamed to even wear Astros shirts in public. Thanks Luhnow!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
If you’re careful you can slowly remove it with a seam ripper, assuming it’s one of the embroidered logos.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I think if a player helps your team you go sign him. Flags fly forever.

Counterpoint: Teams shouldn’t sign possible domestic abusers just for the slightly better percentage of winning a WS.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I once pulled a muscle in my back while reaching down to toe my shoe

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Poque posted:

Mike Scioscia is done after the season is over

Angels games to immediately become 30 minutes shorter due to less arguing

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Timby posted:

Scioscia is the longest-tenured manager in MLB, right? Who would be next after him? Bochy?

Yeah, Scioscia is in his 19th season. Bochy is in his 12th.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
gently caress this front office
https://twitter.com/astros/status/1026184863114833922?s=21

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1026181449500614656?s=20

And turbofuck Osuna because holy poo poo trotting out the “We don’t know what actually happened” defense when you’re the loving person who did it is a Trump/Guiliani level of bending reality :wtc:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I thought PTBNL's had like, 90 days, to be finalized

They have 6 months

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Pancakes posted:

She's going to get some... problematic Tweets leveled at her, isn't she?

My sister, an even bigger diehard Astros fan than me, made a negative comment about Osuna’s signing on an Astros Facebook post last week and she’s still getting harassment from at least a dozen different guys 5 days later. Pretty nasty poo poo too, like one guy repeatedly calling her a “social justice oval office” over messenger until she blocked him.

So yeah. Mendoza’s in for some tweets.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

The Red Sox are amazing.

I sincerely pity any team that’ll have to face them in the postseason

:smithicide:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

This is a weird bad gimmick you've taken up over the last week

He has a history of saying stupid things that goes back much further than a week.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Julio Cruz posted:

One of the Braves should definitely go with Also Sprach Zarathustra as their walk-up music.

Not the Braves, but Reddick used this for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
holy :laffo: they actually did it

https://twitter.com/athletics/status/1026530959695331328?s=21

• Locked thread