Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Nats sound like they're into the ooh rah team building/play the game the right way bullshit a bit too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Braves might...have a decent bullpen now? I'd like to see Venters a tiny bit more (and Sam Freeman never again) but Brach looks effective again and I think Minter might make an effective closer.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I think if a player helps your team you go sign him. Flags fly forever.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

jit bull transpile posted:

Are you being serious right now? That's impressively callous of you.

You're getting incredibly angry over a word, calm down

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I just dont think people should be dogpiled over a word, poo poo, he probably wont say *ahem* the r word again now that you got all over his rear end, calm the gently caress down

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Joey Freshwater posted:

I hate Joe Simpson just like everyone else, and didn't hear the actual comment, only read it but it came off more to me that he was (or could have been) saying "Wow this kid is incredibly talented, are we sure he's 19? yuk yuk yuk". Which is still dumb.

Maybe my hate for the Nats is clouding my judgement.

Y'all got one of them twitter vids of the quote?

IMO lets just say Simpson was insinuating Soto lied about his age so we can fire him and put Francoeur in the booth

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Nolan Ryan's strikeout record is going to be untouched forever, that one's my favorite. Fuckin 5,714. Next is Randy Johnson, literally about a thousand back.

Absolutely insane.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Phillies just traded for Justin Bour

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/GabeBurnsAJC/status/1028408077232553984?s=19

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I think bat flips should be mandatory. Make every player do the one from MLB 2018 where you do dizzy spins around the bat then stumble to first

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Man i remember when tim hudson hit a home run once against toronto and basically walked around the bases

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah i think Kolby Allard pitched decent against Miami in his first start then the Nats got the scouting report and he got shelled

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Kevin Towers was a bad GM

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Touki is the first Haitian to appear in the majors. That's pretty awesome.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Phillies are in sole possession of second place :)

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Ammat The Ankh posted:

And did all the extremely illegal poo poo the Braves FO did that got John Coppolella banned for life. Don't forget that.

It got us Acuña and the team is in line to win the division i don't really give a poo poo how they got there.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

elentar posted:

I’m still curious what Coppy actually did that is so much worse than the standard extremely shady poo poo most teams do in international scouting that all that was necessary. I don’t doubt it’s something wild, but the NDAs probably mean it stays a mystery.

For all they lost, the Braves also managed to keep Cristian Pache, who has the look of a franchise center fielder in the making.

He got caught

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Slapping somebody's protective helmet isn't badass it's loving stupid. He could have broken fingers.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Unless something changes the Braves play in Miami next week and Urena is scheduled to pitch

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

Can we get the Golf Story people to make this game as a spiritual sequel?

Hell yes i loved golf story

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Id also be down to see a bunch of people clutching pearls and whining about logos while one of two really good/fun teams wins the world series

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lol Urena isnt even gonna miss a start if the Marlins just push it back a couple days. What a limp dick response.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I cant move my hand up and down but Tatanka can have a long storied career and main event wrestlemania smh

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Death Vomit Wizard posted:

Spears are used for hunting and fighting. So according to your logic it's acceptable to have a team called The Warriors that has a spear logo? And their crowd does a spear throwing motion while clicking their tongues in unison (The sitting Zulu king gives them the A-OK of course)?

Sounds like they'd have some kickass jersies tbh

quote:

If I can convince a single Braves fan that, yes, it's time to change our drat name, it will be worth it.

Yeah good luck with that

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Braves need middle relief when can she get here

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Says the cubs poster

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
We get it youre woke

I dont get why its so hard to just loving watch sports without making every single thing about social justice

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Aug 19, 2018

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Spoeank posted:

"Join an anarcho-syndicalist commune or shut the gently caress up" - a normal person response

I mean that's basically what something awful is now. The glory days of helldump seem to be over.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe if you wanna end racial subjugation you focus less on "group of people playing a children's game wear a logo you don't like" and more on "ICE rounding up people with dark skin" and "natives dying at colossal rates on reservations"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Neat/weird how Matt Adams has gone from "who cares" to "kind of a cool bench asset for a team making a playoff push"

Edit: https://twitter.com/BarrettSallee/status/1031984468263923713?s=19

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 21, 2018

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

Me, very Rockerishly: :yeshaha:

Fun story John Rocker asked if he could appear during alumni weekend last year and the Braves told him to gently caress off.

Good for them but a tiny part of me would wanna see him in the alumni home run derby for shits and giggles

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Sid Bream check swung and hit a home run at coors in 94 iirc

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

just retaliated again on the same player apparently, on gameday so not sure if it was legit accidental or not

The last one was totally accidental, just a curveball that got away from Biddle

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

iospace posted:

Dear MLB thread,

I need to buy a Brewers shirtsey from Player's Weekend. Which one?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Seriously Acuna and Albies are like the two puppies you have to adopt together so you don't separate them. If one of them leaves the other will probably die of a broken heart.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Acuña's player weekend shirts were sold out and they're not even selling Albies' anymore so i got Foltynewicz who is "Folty" but should really be "Dirty Mike"

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
If you are a remotely good baseball player it's probably time to just get off social media i guess because the second you do something people are gonna wayback machine your poo poo to like 2013 or whatever

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait until Acuña wins ROTY then somebody goes on his insta or whatever and finds some questionable rap lyrics

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Dude fucks his sister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Bautista doing the Kelly Johnson Memorial NL East tour I see