Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is not a real person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Cue the Lester gifs

this is the greatest pickoff move a pitcher has ever had
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWM_rGr7A0w

e: looks like my main man Jorge is having a pretty decent year for KC.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hard to believe anybody on that team is, that W-L record is brutal

124 OPS+ IT'S NOT JORGE'S FAULT

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what is the SAS opinion of people who refer to RBIs as "steaks"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can i interest anyone in some beef between the cubs and the infamous Alex Rod who has made powerful enemies on the North Side by implying the cubs were upset at yu darvish for being injured

joe maddon is an absolutely ridiculous person

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i threw out my back a few weeks ago reaching for a shirt in my closet

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

old people ailment stadium

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Adam Engel is incredibly cool.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the white sox have a guy named "tyler danish" in case you were wondering yes when he was put in to face giancarlo he immediately gave up a monster ding shot

also:
https://twitter.com/SoxOn35th/status/1027005708871577601

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

extremely cool to go 4-3 vs. San Diego and KC

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't know who "justin hancock" is, but i approve of him putting herbie on his jersey and hope they send him one to des moines

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wait do the As have both fernando rodney and edwin jackson

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

literally all they needed to do was fire matheny

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

david bote, a guy i've definitely heard of before this season, is the greatest cub who has ever played the game

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

just doing some casual cubsposting

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Adam Engel had three legit home run robberies on one homestand, dude would be insanely good if he was capable of hitting at all
https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2018/8/12/17682116/adam-engel-home-run-robber-white-sox

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

actually it was super cool when Sammy dipped himself in the ooze from the ninja turtle movie and started blasting out 10,000 dingers while talking about being a "loving gladiator"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

everyone needs to leave sammy alone, he roided up and blasted some dingers and took the cubs to the playoffs twice and then, like cincinnatus, retired to peacefully live the rest of his life dressed like the cesar romero joker

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

anyone remember when cole hamels plunked bryce harper basically for being too good as a young person

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the assassination of ronald acuna by the coward jose urena

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pancakes posted:

Weren't we talking about that in the thread like, earlier this week?

i have it tattooed on my forearm

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

just heard that jeff conine has assassinated john smoltz

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

KEITH HERNANDEZ!?

I DESPISE HIM!!
lmao

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if you're that concerned about a guy hitting a leadoff home run you don't have to pitch to him; in fact you can just point to the base

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GalacticAcid posted:

I remember Kip Wells gave up a really significant bonds homer too, I can’t remember which one it was

Ah number 600 - mentioned as an aside in this fun article about precisely this topic, pitchers who gave up milestone homers

the only important milestone homer is david ross getting his first career homer off of mark grace

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ZenVulgarity posted:

Don't break the seal

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE'S JAVY

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

I saw some obviously drunk idiot charge the field last night when I was at Petco Park. I found the video of it online:

Good job landing it Security Dude, but I'm gonna have to say this is much more of an Edge-tier spear and not a Goldberg one.

lmao a trevor hoffman jersey

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if i was a rangers fan, man would i be pissed at cole hamels

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GalacticAcid posted:

You’re telling me buddy

Also I’ll be at PNC tonight so pray the rain away everybody

might was well enjoy yourself at a Chatwood game

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i just want to see a team refuse to swing against chatwood and see how many guys they can get on base before he realizes it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kirios posted:

Every time I look his stats up they're somehow worse than I expect. I'm sure Cubs fans know this one, but 99.2 innings pitched and he has more walks than hits or strikeouts!

A 1.796 WHIP is maybe the worst I've seen with nearly 100 innings pitched. If not, it's pretty drat close.

allow me to direct you, though, to his SPIN RATE

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no doubt to me that, even apart from his gross, hateful bullshit, murphy, who has gotten out like four times ever against the cubs, will have his three year long batting magic totally die

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

does anyone remember yu darvish

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

good gravy, the cardinals are going to win the central

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cubs have played five games in a row where their only run came from a solo home run how is this possible i want to run into something

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what is the most ludicrous Baseball Name going right now, it's got to be either my man Jake Cave or Walker Buehler

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

8 walks is like a solid 5.1 innings from Spin Rate Tyler

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

for cubs fans, david bote is our first Cardinals-Style Bullshit Player and i have to say it is intoxicating

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

Cardinals are doing something now that is beyond typical Cardinal Bullshit, this is just absurd.

18-4 in August

wow, just looked that up and all of that is extremely illegal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is every cubs poster

• Locked thread