Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The OP says the Jays traded Aaron Loup to the Phillies for PTBNL, it's actually Jacob Waguespack. I don't expect you to change the OP just thought I would post it if anybody was wondering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Blue Jays are starting Tyler Clippard today. Mariners, this is your weekend to gain some ground. lol

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Kirios posted:

N: Saw Ken Giles' statline.

V: Feelin' pretty good about that trade.

I'm a Jays fan and I am also feelin' pretty good about that trade.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Curious here, what if Osuna just came back eventually with the Jays and started playing. I kind of forgot about the whole Osuna is a poo poo person incident until he got traded to the Astros. I feel like there would have been a much lesser reaction from the media and fans. Or did the Jays sort of say when this happened that he would never play for the org again?

The Jays said that "On August 5th, Osuna is our closer" and left it at that, but after they were able to trade him they came out with a statement saying they had actually decided they would never let him play at the major league level again after his suspension. As zapplez mentioned, this is likely because it would tank his trade value.

Sydin posted:

From what I read the incident was captured on video by the hotel's security cameras. So either whatever it is actually isn't that bad/is ambiguous enough on film that Osuna could mount a plausible not guilty plea, or it's just lawyer tactics to get the thing Canadian goons were talking about in the last N/V thread where he doesn't have to plead guilty and gets the charge dropped requisite on good behavior + taking classes.

This is not necessarily the case at all, if Osuna pled guilty up front it could have huge impact on his immigration status. He was basically obligated to say not guilty or else he could have been out of Canada a lot faster than the trade. At least that's what I read back in June when he made the initial plea, I don't know the immigration law stuff well enough to dive deeper, just wanted to note it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Jays will likely move both and get very little for either but it's better than the nothing they'd get at the end of the season I suppose.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Why do the Yankees still have an appearance policy, anyway? It's loving stupid.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Donaldson getting traded for a bag of balls is the stupidest poo poo. Just qualify him.

Do you think he'll be worth $18M next year if he takes the QO? I don't, and I love the guy.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Here's the actual news

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1035696043655094272

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

https://twitter.com/ZackMeisel/status/1035730251840741376

https://twitter.com/BlueJays/status/1035727845274730496