Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm sure the defense was practicing concepts as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I think it's more that his concepts are trash, imo

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm mad as hell

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Joseph will be gone halfway into the season :toxx:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Mike Mccoy certainly finished the year as Interim head coach

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Broncos will be not bad this year. I'm starting to come around on the Chiefs finishing at the bottom of the division, especially now that Eric Berry has a sore heel................................again.............................................

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.gofundme.com/cutting-paxton-lynch

$75 lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The Broncos will be not bad this year. I'm starting to come around on the Chiefs finishing at the bottom of the division, especially now that Eric Berry has a sore heel................................again.............................................

You're insane.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I think this is a valid excuse btw, a lot of NFL teams take this approach to the preseason and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Why would you game plan for winning a preseason game rather than use it to try and get tape on your players doing stuff/schemes on which you don't have much tape yet

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/1028345726814830593

Okay, Andy. I don't think concepts had anything to do with the line being abused like little bitches, personally.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
^^ yeah that excuse was for Joseph's comment. Our OL looks to be in trouble, and as usual, it is Andy Heck's fault.

a neat cape posted:

You're insane.

just tempering my expectations as the season is around the corner and I want to smooth things out with my future self

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm real worried about the line and the secondary. One safety broke his knee and the other just sat out a second day for a heel injury. The lineman who became a doctor just got a concussion and they're seriously playing around with Cam loving Erving and it's just awful.

Good thing this schedule doesn't start off hard, right?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Denver strikes me as being 6-10/7-9-ish honestly. Their offense will be better since Keenum isn't a turnover machine like their three QBs last year, but their line frankly kinda sucks and their WRs aren't impressive anymore. They don't really have much at RB either. The defense will be pretty good in all honesty and they'll grind out some wins, but they're probably last in the division unless one of the remaining three teams in the division gets toasted by injuries early and hard.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Royce Freeman is legit, and maybe we'll see what Courtland Sutton is all about under a different "concept"

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Paxton Lunch demoted :hellyeah:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Paxton Lunch demoted :hellyeah:

I know it's silly to judge based on a single preseason game, but Chad Kelly really looked nice in that game. Beautiful long ball with good accuracy and nice zip, mobile and moving well while keeping his eyes downfield. He looked like he was on a whole other level than lynch.

A neat little fact about him is that he played at EMCC of Last Chance U fame where he led the team to the perfect season (almost 4k yards and 48 touchdowns in 12 games lol) that's mentioned in the first season of that show.

Then he went to Ole Miss, tore his acl and was disinvited to the combine. He was selected last in the 2017 draft, Mr Irrelevant.

Last season he got wrist surgery and didn't play at all. So there's really no reason why he couldn't be good and maybe even end up starting for a team. After watching his play I was kind of curious about him and why I hadn't heard much about him

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Chad Kelly was very Jay Cutler-ish in college, IIRC. Guy had a huge fuckin' gun for an arm, better athlete than you'd think but had just occasionally awful decision making 'cause he trusted his arm way too much.Then he tore his knee up. Supposedly the Broncos took him with that pick 'cause Chad's uncle is Jim Kelly and he put in a good word for him with Elway.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Durandal1707 posted:

Chad Kelly was very Jay Cutler-ish in college, IIRC. Guy had a huge fuckin' gun for an arm, better athlete than you'd think but had just occasionally awful decision making 'cause he trusted his arm way too much.Then he tore his knee up. Supposedly the Broncos took him with that pick 'cause Chad's uncle is Jim Kelly and he put in a good word for him with Elway.

His awful decision making also went for off of the field stuff I believe, which probably didn't help.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Chad Kelly beat Bama so he's :discourse: with me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

His awful decision making also went for off of the field stuff I believe, which probably didn't help.

You mean like running onto a highschool football field to start a fight with kids when you're 22?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

kiimo posted:

You mean like running onto a highschool football field to start a fight with kids when you're 22?

I know nothing of Chad but this just sounds like he has that classic Broncos grit

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A Broncos QB acting like Mike Dexter from Can't Hardly Wait makes a lot of sense to me.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Running with the ones today at guard!

(it's meaningless in all likelihood, they had some no name LT running with the ones instead of Fisher the other day)

From a ways back about Cameron Erving but this seems to be what the Chiefs are legitimately rolling with.

It's going to be a nightmare.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So disappointed in Ehinger. If you can't beat out Cam loving Erving I need to have you get off this team.

gently caress just roll with Khalil McKenzie, even if he's played guard for like two months.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Rape case against Gotsis dropped

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/RyanCBS4/status/1029765867247165440?s=19

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

55m dollars

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Been waiting so long for a new Mahomes gif

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Underthrew him by a foot, voted 1

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

Been waiting so long for a new Mahomes gif

Why you put this on loop you just going to have to keep changing your pants every 5 seconds

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

post the one where he threw a pick in double coverage

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a neat cape posted:

We aren't posting videos of Bosa dying. Be respectful

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
For whatever reason that Raiders game that started at like 11PM eastern or something ridiculous popped into my head just now and I realized this year and next are the only possible times that could ever happen again (at least for the reasons it happened). Basically the A's were in the playoffs and in order to configure the stadium for football it takes them a while to change poo poo around.

The Raiders play at home October 14th which is probably the only possibility. The A's are currently in the second wild card spot so they'd have to advance at least to the ALCS I'm guessing, then you'd have to get lucky on the timing of the games. So it isn't impossible! But pretty unlikely.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Picks will be thrown.

In the meantime the only other QB in the last decade to throw a pass that far in the air is Aaron Rodgers.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Picks will be thrown.

In the meantime the only other QB in the last decade to throw a pass that far in the air is Aaron Rodgers.

*--complete a pass

Like, Logan Thomas or Cardale or someone might have thrown one that far.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

For whatever reason that Raiders game that started at like 11PM eastern or something ridiculous popped into my head just now and I realized this year and next are the only possible times that could ever happen again (at least for the reasons it happened). Basically the A's were in the playoffs and in order to configure the stadium for football it takes them a while to change poo poo around.

The Raiders play at home October 14th which is probably the only possibility. The A's are currently in the second wild card spot so they'd have to advance at least to the ALCS I'm guessing, then you'd have to get lucky on the timing of the games. So it isn't impossible! But pretty unlikely.

That game loving sucked

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1030798452136058880?s=20

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

That game loving sucked

Wasn't that the game where Fluker chokeslammed Sio Moore too?

Man what a terrible idea that game was lol

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1030960523519512576

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Didn't they play the Rams today?

I mean...that's not every road game when you go back to LA.