Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Chad Kelly for president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Chad Kelly for president

Signed.

So I only watched 10 minutes but I understand McKenzie is back to auto-turnover form?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Chad Kelly for president

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Chiefs signed Orlando Scandrick.

...that'll fix things.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1031235651168096256

You know what to do, Big Red

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

We just lost a safety because of an acl tear. I hope telesco is on the phone with him right now

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Dangerllama posted:

Signed.

So I only watched 10 minutes but I understand McKenzie is back to auto-turnover form?

It was punched out so I'm not sure if it was all on him but it's definitely not a good look

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

That Guenther connection

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

It was punched out so I'm not sure if it was all on him but it's definitely not a good look

Ah, well then. If the defense was trying to take the ball from him then it certainly isn't his fault.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Mo Hurst is real fuckin fast

https://streamable.com/djmzl

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1031573131276644352

Heh.

Same dude called this a steal six months ago*.

*actually a year and a half ago but I'm no Time Lord.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 20, 2018

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I always knew he was bad

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

It’s a subtweet.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Oh no our comp pick :ohdear:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
So all I know about Chris Warren is that he's been going ham so far (granted, against non-starters) and that he's the son of an old school Seahawk that I respected back in the day.

Is he legit or not?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He's a big mother fucker so he might find a home for short yardage stuff.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I think he's the type of back that relies on good blocking to get yardage. If you get him to the second and third levels he's a tough tackle but getting him there won't be easy against real defenses. Also with the big tall guys I like them to have breakaway speed for when they do break through as opposed to the short area quickness which a man his size will never really have. I'm not sure if he has that or not.

Basically I think he's mostly a preseason fever dream but could find some use if the Raiders line is as good as it's supposed to be. He's definitely intimidating but usually I like the squatter, quicker guys

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Black Sunshine posted:

So all I know about Chris Warren is that he's been going ham so far (granted, against non-starters) and that he's the son of an old school Seahawk that I respected back in the day.

Is he legit or not?

He's been running with the first team. There's been talk of either Richard or DWash being let go to keep him. Gruden is keeping Doug Martin and Lynch in bubble wrap so he could just be camp legs.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Yeah for sure. I heard that Washington will probably be gone since him and Richard are mostly the same type of back but Jalen can return kicks.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

He could be Louis Rankin 2.0

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

:rip: the chargers they never scored

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Scratch the Colts off the worry list.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Signing Menelik Watson was so a dumb dumb move. The guy had like 7 starts ever and he wasn't that great

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

Yeah for sure. I heard that Washington will probably be gone since him and Richard are mostly the same type of back but Jalen can return kicks.

I posted that theory in the thread, but it didn't come from anywhere official, it's just my take on the situation. If Gruden has another kick returner in mind, Richard could be the one who goes?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

I posted that theory in the thread, but it didn't come from anywhere official, it's just my take on the situation. If Gruden has another kick returner in mind, Richard could be the one who goes?

Vic Tafur threw that out there on one of the podcasts. I'd personally rather get rid of Martin but whatever.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Black Sunshine posted:

Leperflesh posted:

Let's not forget Richard put the ball on the ground eight times last year and DWash is a much better pass blocker and has been the better receiver out of the backfield. Still gonna be close. And Martin isn't going anywhere.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
KC officially cuts Charcandrick West, I think this is the saddest I have ever been at a RB4 being released

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

warcrimes posted:

Let's not forget Richard put the ball on the ground eight times last year and DWash is a much better pass blocker and has been the better receiver out of the backfield. Still gonna be close. And Martin isn't going anywhere.

Well. 6 of those fumbles were on punt returns, which DWash doesn't do at all; otherwise they're dead even. I can't comment on the pass blocking, you're probably right there. But Richard has more yards on fewer catches, avereging 9.5YPC to Washington's 5.8. Richard had 27 catches on 36 targets, vs. Washington's 34 catches on 45 targets. They both played 15 games.

So I think Washington's been used more as a checkdown receiving option, whereas Richard is probably targeted longer for more designed plays? They're similarly reliable pass targets, Richard gets a lot more yards per carry (4.9 to Washington's 2.7), he can return punts but has a bad habit of fumbling during them, and I'll trust you that Washington is a better pass blocker.

I dunno, man. I've been giving it to Richard just because I see Washington's skillset as largely already covered by both Lynch and Martin. Gruden really fuckin' hates fumbles, though, so... :shrug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

KC officially cuts Charcandrick West, I think this is the saddest I have ever been at a RB4 being released

Huh, that's a shame. He wasn't ever what I would call good with the ball in his hands but he was okish. And pretty good at picking up blitzes and just helping the offense along.

Did he practice a single time after he got a concussion? Must be a fairly bad one.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1032379633604354048?s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, that's a shame. He wasn't ever what I would call good with the ball in his hands but he was okish. And pretty good at picking up blitzes and just helping the offense along.

Did he practice a single time after he got a concussion? Must be a fairly bad one.

He scored on the Patriots and made it officially a blowout at their home field on national TV so he's in my heart forever.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I pretty much assumed it was only a matter of time with how many RB's the Chiefs signed in the offseason.

Wouldn't surprise me if Spencer Ware also gets cut.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

LiquidFriend posted:

I pretty much assumed it was only a matter of time with how many RB's the Chiefs signed in the offseason.

Wouldn't surprise me if Spencer Ware also gets cut.

I don't think it will happen. He just restructured.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Substandard posted:

I don't think it will happen. He just restructured.
Don't think that saves him.

They will carry 3 RB's and Sherman and 2 of the spots are already spoken for, I think. So he's competing with 3 other RB's for one spot.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1032414400903139328

Kinda slipped under the radar.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

WYTS: Chiefs

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-kansas-city-chiefs-1828547529

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

well gently caress, the other shoe in the DRC signing-

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1032726222164258821

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It's gonna be a cool stadium

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wonder how many bodies they've found so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error