Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did VG Close the Poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 1 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
:synpa:

hoho haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Tobiwan is a racist, talentless hack, barely capable of producing a garbled verbal diarrhea resembling spoken English.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

jizzy sillage posted:

Tobiwan is a racist, talentless hack, barely capable of producing a garbled verbal diarrhea resembling spoken English.

ah the perfect avatar for dota then

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

jizzy sillage posted:

he is very good at saying "black hole" though, likely because of his personality

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I heard they're paying the winners in artifact card packs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Majuju posted:

also, stats for previous thread:

what is wrong with me :negative:

Incoherence posted:

How am I the first poll voter for LGD in a China Year

I know right?

Also that giant poll is going to get really annoying really fast for anyone not on mobile.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
If the mute the players and I don't hear Lakaaad Matataaaaaag every 2 seconds during each Pain game I'm going to be tremendously upset.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
its not a china year its a eastern year sea counts envy will win.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
the best part of the summit was the obs being so sick of pain gaming's voice line spam they muted them in game and I hope they bring that energy to TI

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

jizzy sillage posted:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
That's seems like a lot of words to say he's Australian?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Golem get ye gone

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I think Purges new Dota Basics video is really good for beginners who don't know the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Szj-CloJiI

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RisqueBarber posted:

I think Purges new Dota Basics video is really good for beginners who don't know the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Szj-CloJiI
Counterpoint: Purge's facial hair in the thumbnail.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
tsunami did a pretty fun article about the TI8 attendees too https://howdoiplay.com/blog/2018/07/18/ti8-team-guide.html

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Also that giant poll is going to get really annoying really fast for anyone not on mobile.

yeah honestly I kinda had a regret about the moment I posted it. Good idea in my head and then well yeah lmao. If people don't want it I can always ask a mod to remove it?

Majuju posted:

tsunami did a pretty fun article about the TI8 attendees too https://howdoiplay.com/blog/2018/07/18/ti8-team-guide.html

pro click

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
what did ppl mean by getting valve collection thanks to some survey

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I just rewatched the TI7 finals True Sight and man I forgot how bad Newbee's emotional state was after that first loss. What a collapse.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

mikeraskol posted:

I just rewatched the TI7 finals True Sight and man I forgot how bad Newbee's emotional state was after that first loss. What a collapse.

It was really bad. They go in with the plan to ban the furion, then are thrown off by liquid and they let the furion through.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Majuju posted:

this is outstanding

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

what did ppl mean by getting valve collection thanks to some survey

Someone posted a survey he was doing for college like two years ago and said that if you completed all three phases of it then you'd have a chance to win a Valve Master Key, which gives you all valve games past present and future for free. I think most of us who did it were just trying to help out a goon but then last year a bunch of us suddenly got the keys in our e-mail.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

It was really bad. They go in with the plan to ban the furion, then are thrown off by liquid and they let the furion through.

And then they just harp on things up and through the draft for the next game. Still talking about that Lina pick, etc. And of course Moogy making GBS threads the bed in game 2 (and his subsequent breakdown in the box after they lost the series which was heartbreaking).

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

ILL Machina posted:

First week is the best time to flake imo.

I'm a teacher :v:

Majuju posted:

also, stats for previous thread:

I didn't really follow DPC all year but I'm glad my TI shitposting kept me on the high scoreboard

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Xtanstic posted:

Makes it even easier imo

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I blame my position on my crippling lack of social life.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I took a long break from Dota and now I'm kinda getting back into it.

I'm losing a lot more than I'm winning and I frequently wonder why I'd subject myself to the awful people that play this bad game.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Peewi posted:

I'm losing a lot more than I'm winning and I frequently wonder why I'd subject myself to the awful people that play this bad game.

Are you picking Treant Protector? If you enjoy winning, owning losers, and being the biggest strongest team dad, pick Treant Protector.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Peewi posted:

because its fun?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Xtanstic posted:

its time for you to incorporate dota 2 into your lesson plan

Peewi posted:

because there is no better feeling than kicking the rear end out of your opponent.

DOTA IS THE drat GOAT

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I don't play dotes.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Peewi posted:

If you don't have fun you shouldn't play, hope that helps you op

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Not having fun playing dota is how you know its working

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Are you picking Treant Protector? If you enjoy winning, owning losers, and being the biggest strongest team dad, pick Treant Protector.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Kild posted:

because its fun?

There is no room for fun in dota

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
when someone says theyre playing ranked dota 2 for fun, i immediately mute them because I know they will be useless for the entire match

e: thats NOT playing to win, baby

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/1025204459083681792

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i play only unranked ad and ap fuckin come at me

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Hell yeah

Getting to level 1000 pays off

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Hell yeah

Getting to level 1000 pays off

Tip for tip kind sir?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Knowlue posted:

Tip for tip kind sir?

Start game of Dota
Jaja tip??????
XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
I stopped playing Dota once I got the Lion item from the Battlepass and boy do I not miss it.