Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Darrakk Ironfist, Sergeant
The Breaker

HP: 62/62 | AC: 20

Darrakk had wrangled Balgor and Orlo, and anyone else feeling up for a good sweat, out into the training yard for a bit of exercise. This involves a lot of lifting heavy objects, squatting, carrying heavy objects, and heaving heavy objects. Maybe even swinging some cabers around as if they were really really large training swords. His shirt is off and he is working up a good sweat when the commotion starts.

pre:
Name: Darrakk Ironfist
Class: Mountain Brute (5)
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Background: Folk Hero
Base Carry Weight: 540lbs
Base Lift Weight: 1080lbs
Size: Medium (4' 7''), 410lbs 
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Languages: Common, Dwarven

Hit Points: 62
Initiative: +2
AC: 20
Speed: 30, Jump 20 (60 with Ring)

Passive Perception: 11
Passive Investigation: 11
Passive Insight: 11

Attributes (Modifier/Saving Throw)
Strength: 18 (+4/+8)
Dexterity: 08 (-1/+0)
Constitution: 17 (+3/+7)
Intelligence: 12 (+1/+2)
Wisdom: 13 (+1/+2)
Charisma: 10 (+0/+1)

Skills (Proficiency Bolded)
Acrobatics -1
Animal Handling +3
Arcana -1
Athletics Strength +7
Constitution +6
Deception +0
History +1
Insight +1
Intimidation +3
Investigation +1
Medicine +1
Nature +1
Perception +1
Performance +0
Persuasion +0
Religion +1
Sleight of Hand -1
Stealth -1
Survival +4

Armor Proficiency: None
Weapon Proficiency: Improvised weapons
Tools: Smith's Tools, Brewers Supplies, Vehicles (Land)
Instruments: 

Features:
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Brute Path: Mountain

Rustic Hospitality
---Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. 
You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have 
shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else 
searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.

Unarmored Defense
---Beginning at 1st level, while you are wearing no armor and not wielding a shield, your 
AC equals 10 + your Strength modifier + your Constitution modifier.

Brute Force
---At 1st level, your physical might gives you mastery of the brawling arts that use unarmed 
strikes and improvised weapons.  You gain the following benefits while you are unarmed or 
wielding only improvised weapons and you aren’t wearing armor or wielding a shield:
You can roll a 2d4 (3d4 now) in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike or improvised 
weapon. This damage changes as you gain Brute levels, as shown in the Brute Force column 
of the Brute table.

Mighty Leap
---Starting at 2nd level, you always count as having a running start when jumping and you can 
jump up to your maximum jumping distance without it counting against your movement.  So 
if you can jump 20 feet and have speed 30 you can move 15 ft then jump 20 feet and still 
move 15 ft.  Or you could make a series of four 5 ft jumps interspersed throughout your 
movement.  
---At 4th level, your maximum Jumping distance is equal to 5x your Strength modifier with a 
minimum of 20 ft.  

Mighty Throw
---Starting at 2nd level, any improvised weapon you can lift can be thrown with a range 
increment equal to your maximum Jumping distance. 

Strength of the Brute
---Starting at 3rd level pick the source of your Strength.

Strongback
---Starting at 4th level, your carrying capacity is doubled (x2) before factoring in spells or 
size increases that might alter your carrying capacity.  Your carrying capacity is doubled 
again (x4) at 10th level and again (x8) at 15th level.

Roots of the Mountain
---Starting when you choose this Strength at 3rd level each Attack you make with an 
unarmed strike or melee improvised weapon targets all enemies in two adjacent squares 
that are within your reach.  You roll once and apply the attack roll against all enemies in 
the two squares.  In addition you can use a Bonus Action upon hitting an enemy to Shove 
one or more enemies that you hit with your attack action up to 5 ft per Str modifier.  
If an enemy pushed by your Shove hits a wall, another enemy, or other hard object, they 
take damage as if they were hit by your unarmed strike.  You deal double damage to objects 
and constructs, and Strength checks to break objects count any rolls on the d20 roll of 9 
or lower as a 10.  You are not impeded by Difficult Terrain.

Extra Attack
Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack 
action on your turn.

Darkvision
Accustomed to life underground, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You 
can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it 
were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Dwarven Resilience
You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison 
damage (explained in the “Combat” section).

Dwarven Combat Training
You have proficiency with the battleaxe, handaxe, light hammer, and warhammer.

Stonecunning
Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, you are 
considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, 
instead of your normal proficiency bonus.

Dwarven Armor Training
You have proficiency with light and medium armor.

Feats:
None

Equipment: 
Bracers of Defense
---While wearing these bracers, you gain a +2 bonus to AC if you are wearing no armor and using no shield.

Head of a statue
Tree branch
Explorer's Pack 
Brewer's Supplies
Shovel
Iron Pot
Common Clothes
Pouch with 310 gp
Ring of Jumping (bonus action to cast Jump spell)
Cloak of Protection (+1 to saves and AC)

Background: Folk Hero
PERSONALITY TRAITS
---I’m confident in my own abilities and do what I can to instill confidence in others.
---If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to lend help.
IDEALS
---Respect. People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. 
BONDS
---I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
FLAWS
---I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Aug 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

The Breaker

Darrakk nods. "Yes that can work. I'll switch the two out. I wouldn't mind taking on a dragon." He looks at the softer members of the main group. "Though we may want some precautions to avoid being torn apart."

He thinks for a bit more, "And you know what? I'll take the lot of them out drinking with me one night. Get their courage up for some owlbear racing and protecting against a group of barbarians."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

The Breaker

Darrakk nods again. "I can put up 200 gold for that."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

The Breaker

Darrakk nods, "aye lead the way and we will deal with the beastie." Darrakk is not sure how tough the dragon will actually be, but he is certainly willing to try and wrestle it to the ground.

• Locked thread