Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Lockback posted:

(3)Knicks vs (6)Hawks

Game 1: Lebron was the 3rd best player on his own team (Knicks) behind Andrew Wiggins and Trae Young. Atlanta was slightly better as Buddy Hield lead his team, taking a 115-110 lead. Kawhi had a pretty quiet night too, I think him and Lebron are cancelling each other out.

Game 2: Lebron laid an egg. 10/2/7 on 3-9 from the field. Wiggins tried carrying the team with a 24/5/1 on 50% shooting and 4-9 from 3 but it wasn't enough. Hawks had a balanced attack and Kawhi had another really quiet night. Hawks up 2-0.

Game 3: Lebron looks cooked. Kawhi is just snuffing him out. Hawks up 3.

Game 4: Lebron wakes up, but can do little other than score, going 26/3/3. Its enough to eke out a win as the Knicks stay breathing. Kawhi has a nice game, so maybe he was laying off the suffocating defense?

Game 5: Another poor Lebron game has New York rioting as the Hawks take the W.

Hawks win 4-1

2nd best D in the league right here. Onto the ECF to lose to the Raptors again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Panzeh posted:

2nd best D in the league right here. Onto the ECF to lose to the Raptors again.

Not so fast

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Celtics path to the finals goes through the #2, #3, and (probably) the #1. Durant finally gets his wish to take the hardest path

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Celtics path to the finals goes through the #2, #3, and (probably) the #1. Durant finally gets his wish to take the hardest path

I thought the #3 lost to the #6 and I'm playing them next

Or are we talking voting from the other thread

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This league is a horrible timeline where Lebron somehow isn't immortal

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I thought the #3 lost to the #6 and I'm playing them next

Or are we talking voting from the other thread

Oh poo poo, you're right. I had you in the won't conference in my head.

Doltos posted:

This league is a horrible timeline where Lebron somehow isn't immortal

He was during the regular season, I think Kawhi just swallowed him up.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Oh poo poo, you're right. I had you in the won't conference in my head.

Not bad for a 6 v 7th seed matchup imo

china klay
Jul 4, 2018
Looking at my match up with the Spurs.

Rajon Rondo / Marcus Smart / Robert Covington / Draymond Green / Steven Adams
vs
Chris Paul / Evan Fournier / Shaun Livingston / Jimmy Butler / Jusuf Nurkic

If I was coming up with a game plan I'd likely match up Rondo/Paul, Smart/Fournier, Covington/Butler, Adams/Nurkic and let Draymond roam free helping off Livingston.

(based off the depth charts on the spreadsheet. Idk who is actually starting)

I think my bench is better, especially after getting big performances from Dwight Powell and Mike Scott.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Don't look like winners to me.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i figured the biggest vulnerability for houston was an injury, and then having to ride 1 player. But i thought the injury would be to Conley and the player to ride would be Jokic!

oh well, a good season, surely denver will slay a Jokic-less rockets

also it wouldn't be the houston rockets without a promising run being ended by a playoff injury

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Could I have end of regular season Miami Heat stats please? Interested to see what my rotation was if Porter was playing so much.

Great job btw Lockback, the writeups are ace.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

tanglewood1420 posted:

Could I have end of regular season Miami Heat stats please? Interested to see what my rotation was if Porter was playing so much.

Great job btw Lockback, the writeups are ace.

I'll try to get it tonight.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Miami's Stats for the regular season:
https://twitter.com/GodsNBAWill/status/1027323662356111360

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

ROUND 2

(1)Spurs vs (5) Warriors

Game 1: Nurkic grabbed a playoff high 19 rebounds in game 1, but overall the Warrior defense held firm with poor showings from Jimmy Butler and Chris Paul. On the Warriors Draymond and Marcus smart continue their fusion dance and went 24/4/3 and 22/4/5 respectively. Spurs made a 4th quarter run that landed short, Warriors up 1-0.

Game 2: Jimmy Buckets and Chris Paul had nice games and going into the 4th the Sours were leading. The 4th saw that lead wilt away and the Warriors (Who had the 2 highest game scorers again in Green and Smart) won a close one. Warriors up 2-0.

Game 3: Spurs came out firing and routed the Warriors in Oakland 118-87 in a wire-to-wire win. JR Smith added almost 20 as the Spurs racked up 11 steals as a team. Warriors up 2-1.

Game 4 & 5: Despite nice games by Jimmy Butler, the Spurs pulled out two wins including Draymond putting in 31 in the closeout game. West's #1 seed falls to the offensive powerhouse of Draymond Green and Marcus Smart.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

(2)Rockets vs (3)Nuggets

I don't have the heart to do a write up. Sweep city. Rockets tried their best, including a 24 point game by De'Anthony Melton but they got crushed. Lowry averaged nearly 30 for the series.

Nuggets advance in 4.

Note: Marvin Bagley tore a ligament in his elbow, and Tatum will miss some games with plantar fascitis which will hurt the Nuggets in the WCF.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 8, 2018

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

(1)Toronto vs (5)Miami

Game 1: Toronto came on strong with a balanced attack while Miami had trouble getting anything going outside of Lillard. Toronto cruises to a nice 103-88 victory.

Game 2: Tyreke continued his nice playoff performance and lead Toronto to a 111 points while Miami continued to struggle. Toronto up 2-0.

Game 3: Heat finally had a bounce back game back in Miami with Lillard putting up a 21-2-7 and Michael Porter Jr contributing a nice 17-8-2 on efficient shooting. Toronto up 2-1.

Game 4: Giannis went super saiyan, 39-10-7 including 4-6 from 3. Miami's best scorer was Jeremy Lin. Toronto won by 20.

Game 5: Miami laid an egg to end their season getting nothing from anybody. Toronto moves on.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

ROUND 2

(1)Spurs vs (5) Warriors

Game 1: Nurkic grabbed a playoff high 19 rebounds in game 1, but overall the Warrior defense held firm with poor showings from Jimmy Butler and Chris Paul. On the Warriors Draymond and Marcus smart continue their fusion dance and went 24/4/3 and 22/4/5 respectively. Spurs made a 4th quarter run that landed short, Warriors up 1-0.

Game 2: Jimmy Buckets and Chris Paul had nice games and going into the 4th the Sours were leading. The 4th saw that lead wilt away and the Warriors (Who had the 2 highest game scorers again in Green and Smart) won a close one. Warriors up 2-0.

Game 3: Spurs came out firing and routed the Warriors in Oakland 118-87 in a wire-to-wire win. JR Smith added almost 20 as the Spurs racked up 11 steals as a team. Warriors up 2-1.

Game 4 & 5: Despite nice games by Jimmy Butler, the Spurs pulled out two wins including Draymond putting in 31 in the closeout game. West's #1 seed falls to the offensive powerhouse of Draymond Green and Marcus Smart.

Lockback posted:

(2)Rockets vs (3)Nuggets

I don't have the heart to do a write up. Sweep city. Rockets tried their best, including a 24 point game by De'Anthony Melton but they got crushed. Lowry averaged nearly 30 for the series.

Nuggets advance in 4.

Note: Marvin Bagley tore a ligament in his elbow, and Tatum will miss some games with plantar fascitis which will hurt the Nuggets in the WCF.

Warriors voodoo exists even in video game form :negative:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

(6)Hawks vs (7)Celtics

Game 1: Kawhi was not able to stop Durant like he did Lebron, but Atlanta had a nice game from Poeltl (21-6), Kawhi (19-1-3 on 50% shooting) and Buddy Hield (3-5 from deep). Celtics had a nice game from Durant and Julius Randle but a disappointing game from everyone else. Hawks up 1-0

Game 2: Durant scored 11 points and Lou Williams took most of Boston's shots. Defense wins as Hawks go up 2-0.

Game 3: Garden works it's markic as Durant has a nice bounce back day and Dorrell Wright chips in 21 in a Celtics win. Hawk's offense has been very consistent with Kawhi, Gay and Hield scoring between 15-20 each, but the defense didn't gold as Boston went off for 114. Hawks lead 2-1.

Game 4: Atlants changes strategy letting Durant take 18 shots but completely shut down everyone else. Hawk's steady offense does it's job as the Hawks take a 3-1 lead.

Game 5: Durant lead scoring with 35 and Julius Randle continued his yeoman work putting up an efficient 18-10. Hawk's offense was steady, but couldn't outscore Boston. Hawk's lead 3-2.

Game 6: Hawks steady offense stumbles a bit as Kawhi has an off night. Boston had tee'd up a close-out for the Hawks with Durant shooting 6-20, but Boston managed to get up enough points to steal a win in the 4th with a clutch 39 point quarter. Time for Game 7.

Game 7:
Atlanta started the first quarter strong when Durant wrenches he knee badly and has to leave the game in the middle of the 2nd with Boston down by almost 10 (Twisted Knee, out 1-2 weeks). Boston immediately rallies and takes the lead at halftime.

2nd Half went back and forth, but Lou Williams took the scoring mantle up and Kyle Anderson directed traffic to give Boston a 100-95 win, overcoming a 3-1 deficit and moving to the Conference Finals with question marks about when Durant can play.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Come on Durant you bastard! Fly to germany for PRP injections

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

That gets us to the conference finals!

Nuggets limp into the WCF vs the Warriors as Toronto (who has barely broken a sweat) take on a surging Celtics that will miss their leader for anywhere from 1-5 games.

(Sorry about the relative short writeups, The Hawks/Celtics series was the only one that was really good. 2nd round is always the crappy round.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
It's really funny to me that the Warriors are the team that usurped the voted conference finals bracket

All the best to future superstar Marcus Smart

china klay
Jul 4, 2018

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

My lone regret was spending all my money before he came up

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Lockback posted:

(6)Hawks vs (7)Celtics

Game 1: Kawhi was not able to stop Durant like he did Lebron, but Atlanta had a nice game from Poeltl (21-6), Kawhi (19-1-3 on 50% shooting) and Buddy Hield (3-5 from deep). Celtics had a nice game from Durant and Julius Randle but a disappointing game from everyone else. Hawks up 1-0

Game 2: Durant scored 11 points and Lou Williams took most of Boston's shots. Defense wins as Hawks go up 2-0.

Game 3: Garden works it's markic as Durant has a nice bounce back day and Dorrell Wright chips in 21 in a Celtics win. Hawk's offense has been very consistent with Kawhi, Gay and Hield scoring between 15-20 each, but the defense didn't gold as Boston went off for 114. Hawks lead 2-1.

Game 4: Atlants changes strategy letting Durant take 18 shots but completely shut down everyone else. Hawk's steady offense does it's job as the Hawks take a 3-1 lead.

Game 5: Durant lead scoring with 35 and Julius Randle continued his yeoman work putting up an efficient 18-10. Hawk's offense was steady, but couldn't outscore Boston. Hawk's lead 3-2.

Game 6: Hawks steady offense stumbles a bit as Kawhi has an off night. Boston had tee'd up a close-out for the Hawks with Durant shooting 6-20, but Boston managed to get up enough points to steal a win in the 4th with a clutch 39 point quarter. Time for Game 7.

Game 7:
Atlanta started the first quarter strong when Durant wrenches he knee badly and has to leave the game in the middle of the 2nd with Boston down by almost 10 (Twisted Knee, out 1-2 weeks). Boston immediately rallies and takes the lead at halftime.

2nd Half went back and forth, but Lou Williams took the scoring mantle up and Kyle Anderson directed traffic to give Boston a 100-95 win, overcoming a 3-1 deficit and moving to the Conference Finals with question marks about when Durant can play.

I'm not even mad.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Panzeh posted:

I'm not even mad.

It was a true battle my friend

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

2K appears to be hardcoded to let warriors waltz to the finals and have Boston win with storybook series but that might just be hardcoded into real life.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's really funny to me that the Warriors are the team that usurped the voted conference finals bracket

Seriously, the roster I downloaded most have just decided he was actually prime Kobe or something

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lockback posted:

2K appears to be hardcoded to let warriors waltz to the finals and have Boston win with storybook series

White supremacy runs deep

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

BWV posted:

White supremacy runs deep

Gordon Hayward had a really poor playoffs though.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

Of all the teams I thought 2k would overvalue the team of defensive 3rd bananas was definitely not one

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

CONFERENCE FINALS

(3) Denver Nuggets vs (5) Golden State Warriors

Denver limped into the Western Conference Finals with Bagley out for the season and Tatum doubtful to return in this series. Golden State, with their strong defense and surprising offensive output from Draymond Green and Marcus Smart, have had an amazing run this year through the playoffs, getting past a Timberwolves team that ended the season on a 10-3 run and putting an end to Butler/Paul/Nurkic #1 seed Spurs.

Game 1:
The game started as a shootout with Denver and the Warriors coming out the gate hot. Denver had a nice game from Andre Drummond 22-12 on 75% FG%, abd Zach LaVine had a nice 21 point outing, but fell to GSW behind 29 points from Marcus Smart (4-8 from 3) and Draymond Green's 23 points and 5 steals, going 5-9 from 3. Covington continues his stingy defense and Dwight Powell's near double-double (9points, 10 rebounds) gave GSW a 108-81 lead to take game 1.

Game 2:

Denver turned to Michael Beasley in game 2, and he gave Denver a strong half on the way to a 20/10 night in 30 minutes. Kyle Lowry's nice 17/4/12 night wasn't enough as Golden State came back in the 2nd Half behind Draymond Green's 37/8/8 (5/6 from 3)with Steven Adams chipping in a 21/9 on 9-11 shooting. Marcus Smart finally looked like Marcus Smart, tallying a 8/2/7 and 3-10 shooting, but Golden State still took a 116-106 lead, going up 2-0.

Game 3:
Continuing to Ride Beasley (24/3/2 and 50% from the field), Mirotic also shined with a 20 point, 8-12 from the field night, including going 4-7 from 3. Drummond had 16 boards, but it still wasn't enough. Golden State's Draymond Green (29-7-5, 5-10 from 3 and 10-19 from the field), Smart (21/6/11) and a vintage Rondo game (17-6-10-2, 7-11 from the field, 2-3 from 3, 1-8 from the line) propelled Golden State. They held Denver to an 8 point 2nd quarter and put up a 41 point 4th. GSW stomped Denver 129-89

Game 4:

Back against the wall, Denver had nothing left to give. Tatum did not return in this short series, and despite Andre Drummond's 14/18 night, the Warriors balanced attack took them down 102-88. Denver left the arena exhausted, role players having nothing left to give, and a cloud of "What If" hanging over the health of their players.

Golden State Sweeps in 4 and Moves on the Finals.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Boston/Toronto later tonight.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
99% sure I'm going to get decimated by the Raptors with Durant injured so I'm definitely going to be rooting for the Marcus Smart led Warriors

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

Warriors voodoo exists even in video game form :negative:

glad Zach and SuperCoolBeas stepped up though :unsmith:

china klay
Jul 4, 2018

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

99% sure I'm going to get decimated by the Raptors with Durant injured so I'm definitely going to be rooting for the Marcus Smart led Warriors

GIVE SMART THE MAX

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

GIVE SMART THE MAX

In the real world he got paid pretty drat well in a market that didn't immediately demand it, so while it may not be the max, I'm sure Marcus Smart is very happy. In the realer world, we should all be happy for Marcus Smart and the way he's leading the Golden State Warriors to an improbable finals appearance

china klay
Jul 4, 2018
I would think both Eastern conf teams would be favored over me in the finals. Pretty heavily.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

There are only two teams I'd rather see in the finals and neither made the playoffs in this crazy reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Just lost my writeup of the ECF. I'll redo it but if it sucks the first one was better.

• Locked thread