Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

i'm pretty sure i've seen this thread concept elsewhere but wth let's go for it

write a synposis of a film you can hardly remember

uh there will rpobably be spoilers in here - and they may even be incorrect lol - so be warned readers! i guess if there's a major mega twist ending then it might be polite to put it in spoiler tags but i'm not going to require it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Godzilla vs Monster Zero (197x) - i was really into godzilla films when i was like 12 and i probably haven' tseen this since then

Some space men go to the moon on a cool rocket ship and land at a moon base where some evil moon guy (?) lives. Then monster zero (ghidra, the 3 headed lightning shooting guy) is outside on the moon ahh! they go back home to earth ,and ghidra follows them. Ghidra wreaks havoc on probably Tokyo. There are many large apartment blocks. Godzilla fights ghidra but is almost defeated. Meanwhile a human person invents some kind of jewel that makes a cicada sound that ghidra hates I think? and they hook this jewel up to a bunch of huge speakers and ghidra is like ahhhh and then godzilla kills ghidra. the end. .... or is it

e: apparently this film is mor ecommonly called "invasion of the astro-monster"

alnilam fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 3, 2018

ty manifisto

Manifisto

On Golden Pond (probably sometime in the late 70s or early 80s)?

I remember literally only one specific thing about this movie, some scene in which a little kid and an old lady are talking about "sucking face" (i.e. kissing). maybe because on the tv promos for the movie they played up this line. but there's definitely a pond, and it's kind of about growing old and the passage of time and the differences between old and young but holy poo poo they actually occasionally have stuff in common, it's like they're all humans or something.

so if I had to synopsize some sort of PLOT I would definitely mostly be making it up. uh, there's a cabin on a pond that an old couple used to go to when they were younger, and maybe they've been through some LIFE CHANGES (maybe a divorce / loss of a spouse and it's a new marriage or something, so it's really only one of the original spice?) so they are going back to the pond to rekindle their passion or the like. and there's also at least one family that's a kid by the original marriage and a grandkid or probably at least two (one male and one female, gotta represent the entire spectrum here) and the kids think the old folks have lost it and need to go to a home but the grandkids have faith in the old folks and they each teach each other about life and loving and in the end the kids who wanted to put their parents into a home come to realize that they probably still have their marbles for a while yet and there's some sort of reconciliation there. the end. oh and people go on the pond in boats. and maybe there's a monster living in the lake? gently caress if I know.

ty nesamdoom!

FactsAreUseless

Like Water For Chocolate is a movie based on a book where a Mexican woman is in love with a Mexican man, and vice-versa. They're very sad about this because someone is trying to stop it from happening, or maybe it's society. They eat a lot of chocolate and it's sensual. Presumably they have sex and it's interspersed with meaningful and symbolic shots of chocolate, probably melting and poo poo. I think it's like a Hispanic version of that French movie Chocolat, but it came out first. I think the woman and her family are very poor, and there's a grandmother? I don't remember how it ends but I assume they either get together and it's happy or they don't and it's sad.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
nine and a half weeks (c. 1980s)

i saw this on cinemax when i was a little kid and really just watched to see boobs. from what i remember mickey roark is trying to sleep with kim basinger. i have no idea what their jobs are or what the plot of the movie was but i think it took place in a city. i know i had to wait way too long to see any kind of nudity and the only thing from the nude scenes i remember was mickey picking up ice cube (the singer songwriter) and rubbing him on kim basinger's naked body. then the end credits rolled and i switched channels and turned the volume back on.

FactsAreUseless

Dark City is kind of like a really artsy version of Batman. Or like that Alec Baldwin movie The Shadow, but instead of trying to capture the feeling of a 1920s radio show, it's actually very serious and dramatic. I think it's got very desaturated colors and probably a lot of gray/brown/black. I can't remember if I've seen it but my parents have. I think there are some twists/psychology in there?

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
King of Kong Island

There is no king, no Kong, and no island. I think some badly dubbed Italians put implants in gorilla brains and then there is a lot more talking than action?

Manifisto

rollerball (197?)

in a dystopian future where ball point pens don't work very well, gritty low tech savants Biro and Bycc hack together the impossible: a stylish roller ball pen that writes smoothly and reliably, every time. however, the stupifyingly wealthy graphite overlords at the ticonderoga corp aren't going to take this challenge lightly . . .

ty nesamdoom!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
At first I had a hard time thinking of a film I don't remember well, it seemed crazy because if I don't remember it how am I going to remember it? But then I realized that in truth there isn't a film that I do remember well, so pretty much just any film that I remember at all is suitable for this treatment.

The Barefoot Kid
A poor child who can't afford shoes is maybe taken in by a kung fu master and taught to fight masterily for some reason. He initially uses these skills to help downtrodden people, but then someone pays him for saving them, and he realizes he can get cash for kicking. He starts hiring out to whoever pays best, and becomes pretty unethical, and uses the money to buy ever fancier shoes because he was so traumatized by not having shoes, even though the bare feet were actually part of what made his fighting skills so good. He maybe gets married or something, or at least a girlfriend, and I think she objects to his unethicalness having liked him before he had money but he doesn't understand that, and then one of his greed-based transactions goes horribly wrong and his wife or girlfriend gets killed perhaps so he gets mad and fights the people he was working for, but they can hire a lot of people so eventually, though he does defeat them all, he does it at the cost of his life. As he dies, pinned to a wall, his expensive shoe on the ground nearby, he stretches out his leg trying to get his foot into the shoe, but can't quite reach it as he takes his final breath. Or maybe he does get his foot in there and smiles as he takes his final breath. Definitely some sort of shoe-fixated dying.

Dungeon Ecology

24 Hours
Robin Williams plays a pharmacy film developer guy and he's very sad because i think maybe he killed someone.

Flight of the Navigator
This kid befriends a super chill alien and they go flying around in his mind-control spaceship.

WindmillSlayer

to the bone
A girl goes to a recovery center for eating disorders run by Keanu Reeves and gets better after a while, because she chose to, not because she was forced to.

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)

Will Smith is trying to sell a box for doctors, but the doctors aren't buying enough boxes, and he ends up homeless. He cries with a box in a bathroom. Jaden Smith is his kid, like in real life and After Earth. There's a daycare where they don't know how to spell "happiness", or maybe they let a kid who couldn't spell write the name. Maybe the kid was Jaden Smith. Anyway, I think Will Smith is able to sell more boxes and not be homeless anymore.

Seven Pounds (2008)

Will Smith runs over a guy and decides to kill himself and donate all his organs to random people. Somehow, this works even though he kills himself with a jellyfish, which would make his organs poisonous. I remember this one better because there's gently caress-all to remember. Edit: I remembered two more things. Will Smith calls Woody Harrelson a cuck at the beginning of the movie to make him prove how nice he is, and Rosario Dawson has an ancient printing press in her garage for some reason. She also has a dog.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Aug 4, 2018

take the moon

by sebmojo
The Blackcoat's Daughter

I think the main character is a girl and I think she knifes people for strange reasons. At some point she's in a hallway.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Lovely Primate

Moana:

Girl from Hawaii has to accomplish some sort of goal to help the residents of her home out somehow. She has a wacky chicken as a sidekick. At some point she meets Dwayne Johnson who is like a Hawaii god. They don't get along at first but eventually they learn to work together. There's a magic spear/scythe/sickle type thing that lets the rock transform into animals.

The movie ends when they have a showdown against a volcanic fire god kinda guy, and then that's solved and everything is cool.

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind:

Princess or girl of importance from a village is crucial to the plot. Said village get invaded by another faction that wants something from them. Girl of importance runs away and ends up in a real trippy weird forest with giant bugs and flying worms. The humans harvest the bugs for their useful bug oil, and the bugs aren't happy about that. Then a small bug gets helicoptered somewhere for a reason, it's got a ton of spears in, it's pretty sad.

The movie ends when the bugs get their small bug friend back and everyone involved learned a lesson about nature is precious and humans should respect their environment.

Twenty Four

Miami Connection This is going to sound like I got most of this movie wrong because of how bizarre it sounds, but I think it is mostly correct at least as well as I can remember. It's seriously one of the strangest and unintentionally funny movies I can think of.

There's a group of guys, maybe like half a dozen or so who were all orphans and they all live together. The movie really wants to drive home that these are the coolest dudes ever, so they are in a band and play a concert, and they are all super badass martial artists, and I think they ride motorcycles too or are in an awesome car club or something. Also they work out and get all the pretty girls because of course they do. Like, they do ALL the cool stuff!

So they find out there's a drug syndicate in town, and since they are all super karate guys or whatever, they decide to take it down for... reasons? I guess they are just good guys, they aren't the police or anything, and I don't remember if the drug dealers even did anything to them. I'm not sure but maybe some kid they know overdosed so that's why. Oh yeah the drug dealers are also a ninja motorcycle gang.

Cut to a completely unrelated side plot where one of the guys who was adopted or something goes in search of his father he never met? The guy is probably around 30 years old and I have no idea why he decided to do this now, as it has absolutely nothing to do with anything else. Maybe he meets his dad who knows the movie does a really bad job of making you care about this at all.

So they go after the drug syndicate and they invade their compound. They do a bunch of unbelievable karate stuff like kicking guns out of hands and dodging bullets. I remember they randomly change actors for one of the characters during a fight scene here, like an Asian guy becomes a white guy, it's not even close. One guy, I poo poo you not, tricks one of the drug lords guards into playing frisbee on the beach with him, but he switches the frisbee out for a trick one that he sharpened so it kills him when he throws it at him.

Maybe they expose some corrupt police while they take out the drug syndicate. Then they ride off into the sunset. This movie makes no goddamn sense and feels like the lowest budget movie ever but I think it was some guys passion project and he spent a bunch of cash on it and lost it all.

I watched the Riff Tracks version and it was pretty hilarious if you like that sort of stuff, it's probably one of the worst movies ever made and so bad it almost comes back around the other side. Calling it a B movie is an insult to other B movies. I loved it.

cda

by Hand Knit
The Shaw Shank Redemption

There is a guy named Shaw who shanks someone in prison (prison slang). People say he did a bad thing. Then he finds Jesus and is sorry for the shanking. There is a poster with a hole behind it. He wants to put this dick in the hole, because the poster is sexy, but he doesn't, because of Jesus. So instead he crawls out through the hole in an obvious metaphor for rebirth. Tim Robbins is also in the movie.

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
Children of a Lesser God

with a title like this you'd think there would be some murders or child sacrifice or some nudity. i saw this movie when i was seven because it was on the same VHS tape that my dad's friend made that had empire strikes back on it and return of the jedi. there is none of that other stuff instead this guy and this girl talk a lot and i think he works at a college as some sort of professor and in the end he walks alone across a college campus in the snow and it is implied that lots of stuff doesn't work out well

WindmillSlayer

cda posted:

The Shaw Shank Redemption

There is a guy named Shaw who shanks someone in prison (prison slang). People say he did a bad thing. Then he finds Jesus and is sorry for the shanking. There is a poster with a hole behind it. He wants to put this dick in the hole, because the poster is sexy, but he doesn't, because of Jesus. So instead he crawls out through the hole in an obvious metaphor for rebirth. Tim Robbins is also in the movie.

this is roughly what i assumed the movie was about before i watched it

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
The Piano

Holly Hunter is a true mute scotswoman. She's told she must wed some sorry bum in New Zealand but because she is mute she cant say no. She plays the piano too.

She arrives in New Zealand with her daughter and the dude picks her up but leaves her piano behind amd tells her to suck it up buttercup. Some Maori guy shows up who is Harvey Keitel and we see his penis

google THIS

Pink Floyd: The Wall

A strung-out self-insert persona is in a hotel room and he has a bunch of trippy (in the bad/creepy sense) dreams that mainly seem like an excuse to cobble together a bunch of music videos and call it a movie. He is very against universal literacy and eating protein before dessert, and some kids fall into a meat grinder. There may be some plot that shows up at some point but I didn't end up finishing the movie so I'm not sure.

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

A strung-out self-insert persona is in a hotel room and he has a bunch of trippy (in the bad/creepy sense) dreams that mainly seem like an excuse to cobble together a bunch of music videos and call it a movie. He is very against universal literacy and eating protein before dessert, and some kids fall into a meat grinder. There may be some plot that shows up at some point but I didn't end up finishing the movie so I'm not sure.

sounds like you remember it p well actually

Dungeon Ecology

Jerry MaGuire

tom cruise is a sports agent and he falls for renee zellweger who has a kid with glasses. theres a lot of talking on old-timey cellphones and things look like theyre going bad until someone SHOWS CUBA GOODING JR THE MONEY and then everyone cheers and the movie is over.

Bacon Taco

HAIKOOLIGAN

google THIS posted:

All in all I think there was another brick in the wall?

Macnult

Bacon Taco posted:

All in all I think there was another brick in the wall?

that and then a butt judge or something

Bacon Taco

HAIKOOLIGAN

Macnult posted:

that and then a butt judge or something

Well butt judge kinda goes without saying bro

Starshark
There was a movie I saw with some third rate Don-Knotts-type actor where he's going through the desert saying "Water! I need water!" and he sees a mirage, gets excited, dives into it and it's just dust and sand. Does this again. The third time - yowza! - it really is water and he's gasping and thrashing about saying "Air! I need air!".

No idea what the movie was but that scene always stuck with me so good job I guess.

Bacon Taco

HAIKOOLIGAN

Starshark posted:

There was a movie I saw with some third rate Don-Knotts-type actor where he's going through the desert saying "Water! I need water!" and he sees a mirage, gets excited, dives into it and it's just dust and sand. Does this again. The third time - yowza! - it really is water and he's gasping and thrashing about saying "Air! I need air!".

No idea what the movie was but that scene always stuck with me so good job I guess.

I think that is called The Ghost and Mr. Fish

kalel

Bridesmaids: some woman gets mad about her friend's wedding or something

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri

Frances McDormand is a deal seeker interested in putting up a single billboard within Ebbing Missouri. She visits all of the billboard stores and haggles with the owners and pits them against one another. In the end, she settles for an incredible deal on not one but THREE billboards. Unfortunately they're outside of town, also unfortunately there's a mean ugly bird that lives on them, also unfortunately she forgot what she was going to write on them! Doh! Stay till after the credits to find out her fun billboard messages!

wearing a lampshade

Hard To Be A God

Russians wearing breastplates playing in mud and talking to drying meat about life and stuff.

google THIS

Jurassic Park: Lost World

Jeff Goldblum goes back to an island full of killer dinosaurs against all common sense, but not Sam Neill because he must have had plans that weekend. Also Jeff's adopted daughter tags along because of course she does. He vomits out her entire backstory in a single breath to get that out of the way, and then they're off to the island with a bunch of heavily armed shady assistants who totally aren't going to double-cross them and try to catch the dinosaurs for money. I think they save an injured baby T-Rex but the parents aren't very happy about it because of American healthcare.

Anyway, their assistants totally double-cross them and try to catch the dinosaurs for money, which causes them to be methodically and karmically eaten. It ends on a boat.

Twenty Four

No Country for Old Men

An entire country becomes intolerant of male senior citizens and decides to deport them all.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

An American Tale: Fievel Goes West

Uh so there's a mouse family and they're like hey let's go to this part of America where everything is extremely chill and good, and the littlest mouse who wears a scarf and a pageboy cap is named Fievel. They're uhhhh polish mice I think? I can't remember. They ride a train at some point and it's very dangerous and tiny moose bro almost died and maybe he got lost for a while; also there are gangster cats which is p unchill imo but I guess things turn out okay because Fievel gets to go west and yells PAPA! a lot. I haven't seen this movie since I was like six and I remember it traumatizing me a little because it was a violent tale of immigrants just trying to make their own way in a strange country. Anyway, don't let your kids watch it.

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

No Country for Old Men

An entire country becomes intolerant of male senior citizens and decides to deport them all.

not to mention dictating their music genre choices

Twenty Four

Manifisto posted:

not to mention dictating their music genre choices

lol

BoldFrankensteinMir

google THIS posted:

A strung-out self-insert persona is in a hotel room and he has a bunch of trippy (in the bad/creepy sense) dreams that mainly seem like an excuse to cobble together a bunch of music videos and call it a movie.

That's more than I remember, all I retained from The Wall was "my dad died, waaah".

---

Big Trouble-

Tim Allen and a bunch of other actors who show up in random TV shows make phone calls to each other and drive cars. At one point the old cop guy from one the Law and Orders smokes a cigar and when they used to show the movie on television it was cut up in sixty pieces by commercials aimed at the elderly. I vaguely recall a scene with a pool?

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
THE NEW FLESH;
As recalled by drilldo squirt.

Some rear end in a top hat who needs everyone else to suck as much as he does owns a TV station. He starts dating some other rear end in a top hat who gets off on snuff films, and starts putting the snuff films on his channel. I forget a lot, but something about other assholes who want to kill off all the small time assholes because they think the small time assholes gently caress up their society scam by using the snuff films to brain wash the assholes who watch them, or possibly some kind of hive mind of assholes? The snuff film rear end in a top hat, is suicidal or something, and winds up getting killed in one which causes a vhs vagina to appear in the first assholes stomach, or chest, or something, which turns his hand into a penis(?) cancer gun or something that might be in his mind. That rear end in a top hat then goes on to kill a bunch of other assholes at his tv station and then himself later on a boat while watching another brainwash/snuff film after saying long live the new flesh.

----------------

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
all dogs go to heaven

a dog who likes to gamble is killed by a truck and then comes back because there is a kid that likes him and then he kills the dog that killed him and that dog goes to heaven anyways, because title

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
mrs frisby and the rats of nimh

there is a single mom mouse who's husband was killed and she is sad about that. her pal the crow tells her about stuff like maybe some super smart rats her husband used to hang out with? anyways the rats have super powers and are very smart and use pulleys to lift a cinder block. also electricity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer pal

the cell (1997) - theres a ladyw ith a bit red cloak that covers all four walls of the room shes in. then your dad leans over and makes sure youre not too scared and if you want to leave

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

• Locked thread