Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's not the USS Long Beach at all. Good one, Topps.

Nice catch, looks like a guided missile destroyer maybe?

Also I guess the Cobra and Apache were cool enough to get 2 cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Pick posted:

holy poo poo this is incredible

can i buy any of these from you, i feel i need one for my "what the hell?" collection

The 90s was peak ‘what the Hell?!’ when it came to trading cards. My good luck charm was a ‘Yo! MTV Raps’ LL Cool J trading card my friend found for 5 cents at a comic book shop. Had that thing for years. Then my dad visited for a weekend and threw it out :sigh:

This is all I have left of the 90s:

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Is that some sort of modified shocker?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Hell Stink posted:

Is that some sort of modified shocker?

Well you'll note that his "rap name" is Vanilla Ice and it starts with the letter that his fingers describe when held in that fashion ...

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

what is your favourite card op?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LadyPictureShow posted:

The 90s was peak ‘what the Hell?!’ when it came to trading cards. My good luck charm was a ‘Yo! MTV Raps’ LL Cool J trading card my friend found for 5 cents at a comic book shop. Had that thing for years. Then my dad visited for a weekend and threw it out :sigh:

I think I pulled something getting my hand into this configuration

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

What is a tank?

We just don't know.

Ligament
Jun 12, 2018
Biscuit Hider

Sten Freak posted:

Hell yes carpet bombing and mine laying.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

OP, PLEASE tell me you are putting all of these cards in some sort of mint condition protective covering. This poo poo could be worth big money to a museum one day, and might make your kids and/or grandkids very rich.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Please post the text for the carpet bombing and mine laying cards op

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06Uu4CRKj1o

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

LadyPictureShow posted:

His hand is giving the rap sign for "Remember the perils of carving a Thanksgiving turkey with a sharp carving knife!"

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Also the victory in the middle East sweatshirt.

Post the shirt!!!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

OP where is the PTSD trading card

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Oh yeah this thread reminded me that this is a thing too:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Now all we need is a Trade War of 2018 set of cards. Specifically made to boost the economy.

Look forward to such cards as Pig Iron, Grapes and Soy futures.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
elon musk trading cards

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Blast of Confetti posted:

elon musk trading cards

*picture of a muscular Elon Musk, shirtless, carrying the Thai kids soccer team out of a cave*

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

If this is a thing this is a thing I want very bad

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

My dad bought me back a 'Hard Rock Cafe Baghdad' t-shirt (with a Tornado flying over blowing up the logo and a sign saying 'closed due to strong Desert Storm).

Wish I still had that...

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Blast of Confetti posted:

elon musk trading cards

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Yikes. Good. But also YIKES.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Milo and POTUS posted:

What is a tankie?

I'd never heard of them either

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Sunswipe posted:

*picture of a muscular Elon Musk, shirtless, carrying the Thai kids soccer team out of a cave*

*I will always love you by Whitney Houston plays*

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

I gasped

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Remember when this didn't end up happening so we tried again and a million people died, good times

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

And so are these!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
I bought these metal Saddam Hussein lighters for 99¢ each at Discount City in Alameda, CA sometime in mid-2014. If anyone is ever in the area, do yourself a favor and visit that store.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Please post the text for the carpet bombing and mine laying cards op

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Jaguars! posted:

what is your favourite card op?

I love them all equally and cannot choose a favorite, so have these instead:

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
Op would love to see the text for the Allied Forces card

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

As an orioles fan this brings a tear to my eye

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Love to harness the power of liquid metal terminator

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Lobster God posted:

Op would love to see the text for the Allied Forces card

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Wow, Becoming a Fighter Pilot looks boring as poo poo

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I love them all equally and cannot choose a favorite, so have these instead:

Is that a giant erect robot dick Threepio or, or, no: it's a giant erect robot dick.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

LadyPictureShow posted:

I spent about 3 semesters going to school in a small town in New Mexico, and my greatest joy was going to the grocery store and playing the “play til you win” claw game, which was full of these. The sensor was kinda hosed up so you could usually keep playing until you got bored and for some reason, whoever was stocking this thing just had cases of these yo mtv rap cards.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I had a buttload of these when I was a kid. I bet they're in my mom's attic if not a landfill. Thanks for the memories, OP.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

lmao at them putting the US first in an alphabetically ordered list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LadyPictureShow posted:

The 90s was peak ‘what the Hell?!’ when it came to trading cards.

I had a near complete set of Star Trek TNG cards. I may still have them somewhere, this includes the gold foil hologram of the Enterprise that I sent off for :negative: