Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I found a box of Topps® Desert Storm: Coalition for Peace trading cards/ stickers from 1991.

These are apparently the 2nd, or "Victory" series. The box says they are to sell for 50˘ per pack, but that was way back in 1991. It would seem that Operation: Desert Storm™ heralded the dawn of a new and prosperous golden age for the United States marked by freedom, economic prosperity, and massive currency deflation. I base that assertion on the FACT that I bought these recently for a mere 10˘ per pack, or $3.60 for the box of 36.

36 packs x 8 cards/ 1 sticker per pack = 288 cards/ 36 stickers. According to the World Wide Web (aka "The Information Superhighway"), the Desert Storm: Coalition for Peace: Victory Series© contains 88 cards and 11 stickers. Will I be able to make a complete set? I don't know, but I'm going to find out. And if we aren't careful, we just might learn a thing or two along the way.

Pack #1

:piss:

Ooh, I got the valuable Colin Powell/ Dick Cheney card!

And a Saudi Arabia sticker! That almost makes up for the fact that these packs of trading cards feature stickers instead of delicious Topps® bubblegum.

Wow, things are lookin' good so far, and I'm only on the first pack! Thirty-five to go. What other gems will I uncover from within these 27-year old wax wrappers?

:iiam:

Stay tuned to find out....

I have a pack of Horsin' Around trading cards somewhere in my apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LadyPictureShow posted:

The 90s was peak ‘what the Hell?!’ when it came to trading cards.

I had a near complete set of Star Trek TNG cards. I may still have them somewhere, this includes the gold foil hologram of the Enterprise that I sent off for :negative: