Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
should i buy a gun
yes
no
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

VikingSkull posted:

i did this and now i have 10 guns

wait

*flexes*

better make it 12

Congrats. Condolences to your dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

smdh that goku is lagging so far behind

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Yeah, no, gently caress that. Nobody should be forbidden from buying tools for self defense and/or hunting just because of a mental health issue. Like obviously certain mental health issues can be exceptions, but don’t take away my ability to defend myself or my property from an armed intruder just because I have depression or something.

That's why I said "certain" mental disorders.

Depression, sure. Schizophrenia... ehhhh.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jose Oquendo posted:

I have a co-worker who has been buying guns non-stop ever since the 2016 election season. He never owned one before. He has yet to actually fire one. He's doing it to 'own the libs' and because he sincerely believes that the Democrats will go door to door taking guns away.

That's funny because they did the same thing when Obama was elected thinking they'll go door to door taking guns away from their cold dead hands.

So he was afraid that the democrats who have no power will suddenly try to do the same thing.

:cripes:

These people are just loving morons who are paranoid of everything and are looking for some crazy excuse to buy guns.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Yeah guns are loving rad just dont be a sadsack of poo poo and do something stupid and ruin it for everyone else.

Also get 22 it's a lot of fun.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
Do you have metal fillings in your back molars? Because I hear the barrel's like chewing tinfoil when you finally bite down on it back there.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's why I said "certain" mental disorders.

Depression, sure. Schizophrenia... ehhhh.

My large gun collecting uncle says that when he opens his gun safe they all whisper "pick me..."

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I own a gun, but I am sick of deer meat so I don't hunt anymore. You get so much drat deer meat from one deer it's unbelievable.

If you want a limitless supply of medium grade deer meat go ahead and get a gun.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I own a gun, but I am sick of deer meat so I don't hunt anymore. You get so much drat deer meat from one deer it's unbelievable.

If you want a limitless supply of medium grade deer meat go ahead and get a gun.

Jerky, for all your friends. But make them pay too.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why'd you need a gun for that!?!

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

You shot 1,033 lbs of deer meat, but you were only able to carry 11 lbs back to the wagon.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have a gun and I'm cool

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Kazak posted:

My large gun collecting uncle says that when he opens his gun safe they all whisper "pick me..."

Wait, is he a large uncle who is also a gun collector, or a normal-sized uncle that collects large guns?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

Just print one op

I printed a 25 round magazine for my friend's AR-15. Given that I'm in California, it was technically against the law. But, the magazine capacity thing is getting appealed over and over so IDK what would've happened.

Also, the friend I printed it for was a cop...

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

I'm glad I live in a country where guns aren't A Thing (any country other than America), but I really want to go to a range where you can do crazy poo poo like fire a Tec 9 out of a moving car or dump an entire belt through an M60.

Could you not just do that OP? Actually having one in your house sounds so stressful

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Rad-daddio posted:

Also, the friend I printed it for was a cop...

and they never shoot anything they're not supposed to

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

get and M14 or an SVT-40 or bust

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Rad-daddio posted:

Wait, is he a large uncle who is also a gun collector, or a normal-sized uncle that collects large guns?

Both, you sly dog

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
OP is a liar.

He doesn't really want a gun.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
If you're a huge pussy then go ahead, otherwise katana obv.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

serious norman posted:

If you're a huge pussy then go ahead, otherwise katana obv.

Yeah, this is actually true.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

If you don't buy a gun sword then you can just turn in your goon card now

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

If you don't buy a gun sword then you can just turn in your goon card now

Lol, I don't know why but the sheath just makes me laugh. Also, it looks like the bullet trajectory is directly in line with the tip of the sword

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

1redflag posted:

Also, it looks like the bullet trajectory is directly in line with the tip of the sword

You only fire when the blade is buried in your opponent's chest.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Why buy a gun when you can buy a flamethrower? Now you can play Far Cry 3 in real life! I'm not even kidding, in 'Merica, apparently flamethrowers are loving legal. Holy poo poo we are all hosed.

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf

Swartz posted:

Why buy a gun when you can buy a flamethrower? Now you can play Far Cry 3 in real life! I'm not even kidding, in 'Merica, apparently flamethrowers are loving legal. Holy poo poo we are all hosed.

if everyone else has a flamethrower i think i should be legally entitled to also have one, so that's a good thing imho :awesome:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Swartz posted:

I can easily think of like 14 things I'd rather use to do crimes with than a ca. 70lbs, EXTREMELY obvious, 20 meters effective range, 7 seconds worth of use weapon, and even criminals agree with me because I'm pretty sure that despite them being legal the average number of murder by flamethrower per year hovers right about 0.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Here comes the buzzkill parade!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

1redflag posted:

Lol, I don't know why but the sheath just makes me laugh. Also, it looks like the bullet trajectory is directly in line with the tip of the sword

I like how you have to grab and pull the sharp edge of the blade to reload.

Nurglings
May 6, 2016
The fascists are coming OP and the police are part of them, buy a gun to protect you and yours

unless you're a fascist, then go gently caress yourself

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nurglings posted:

The fascists are coming OP and the police are part of them, buy a gun to protect you and yours

unless you're a fascist, then go gently caress yourself

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The only gun it should be legal to own and carry is the Colt Single Action Army. It's the best gun ever.

Although I do like the idea of concealed-carry flamethrowers for self defence.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sunswipe posted:

The only gun it should be legal to own and carry is the Colt Single Action Army. It's the best gun ever.

Although I do like the idea of concealed-carry flamethrowers for self defence.

post your sword cool gun spinning tricks

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

You need to protect yourself op. Join the police force.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Guns are for SQUARES op real men SETTLE their disputes with WORDS.... and if the words fail then lol hope you bought a gun.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

buy a kimber and you can gibve it a cool name like kim or Kimberly

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Matinee posted:

I'm glad I live in a country where guns aren't A Thing (any country other than America), but I really want to go to a range where you can do crazy poo poo like fire a Tec 9 out of a moving car or dump an entire belt through an M60.

Could you not just do that OP? Actually having one in your house sounds so stressful

IDK about shooting from a moving car, but you can fire both of those guns, plus a literal T2-style minigun at various places in the USA. It's not cheap, but you can do it.

How do you hunt in other countries? Are you allowed to have hunting rifles and shotguns, or has every other country outlawed everything but dull butter knives and sarcasm?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Rad-daddio posted:

How do you hunt in other countries? Are you allowed to have hunting rifles and shotguns, or has every other country outlawed everything but dull butter knives and sarcasm?

Yes, there's all sorts of restrictions though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Yes, there's all sorts of restrictions though.

That seems fine. Restrictions are good.

• Locked thread