Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Boogalo posted:

Milly left the comfort of her heated bed to crawl over to my desk and sleep on me.

This is fine

I hope someone is able to bring you food and water to sustain you through your long nightmarish ordeal :ohdear:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me
I didn't see this thread until after my kitty's passing last month. This was Callie, she lived until 19.

This was about 8 years ago, she liked to sit in her little hidey hole while I did homework.

Also 8 years ago, her setting a bellytrap for any tempted hands that wanted to pet the furry squish

About 4 years ago, one of the few photos that captured her pretty eyes.

2 months ago, helping me read Harry Potter.

No cat has ever held my heart like she did. She never had a mean bone in her body, never a behavioral issue, and never once did a lap go cold in our house. Loved this sweety so much!

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Pretty sure that was her giving me a staredown for eating chicken wings in front of her and not sharing. For such a sweet cat she can have some pretty intense stares when she WANTS.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

drat Bananas posted:

No cat has ever held my heart like she did. She never had a mean bone in her body, never a behavioral issue, and never once did a lap go cold in our house. Loved this sweety so much!

She was beautiful, that first photo really showed off her lilac dilution! 19 is a pretty good age for a cat to get to!

owls or something posted:

Pretty sure that was her giving me a staredown for eating chicken wings in front of her and not sharing. For such a sweet cat she can have some pretty intense stares when she WANTS.

They can be obstinate when they want to! Try as I might, I can't seem to rid Noot of her habit of getting my attention by sinking her claws into my leg as she stretches. She's zooming a lot lately, making bizarre little noises to herself. She has a new box to play in, she chews the edges of the flaps, and makes more bizarre noises while hiding under one.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I love Milly, she looks like a good bud!

Callie was beautiful. A good cat is a good cat even after passing on.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

"...I am loving FABULOUS!"

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
are these things supposed to be profoundly stupid or something because I moved into an established apt with a girl and her cat and my god the poor thing can probably be outsmarted by anything.

her name is Beans and I love her but she falls for the "pretend i throw something" trick and chases the nonexistent object every single time.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Peach reached up with both pws and tried to pull the fridge door open. Luckily she couldn't grip it well enough while walking backwards to pull it open. Ymmv.

Edit: this was today btws. She's like 8 years old and just figured out the fridge because my 5 month kitten did. He's... precocious...

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

buglord posted:

are these things supposed to be profoundly stupid or something because I moved into an established apt with a girl and her cat and my god the poor thing can probably be outsmarted by anything.

Cats figured out "free rent and food" millenia ago, they've since become the only beings to successfully pull off the "I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED" argument

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
All dressed up and no where to go

Keelbone
Sep 3, 2011

beyond the sunset leads my way

Don't have a cat right now but here are my previous:

Tabitha

Cleo

(bonus baby photo!)

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Awww you need to get cats back into your life, they are great kittys! In Noot news (Noot news!) Noot has shifted her home base from the cat cave in the bathroom to the top of the cat tree, which I've decided is a signal of maturity. She also didn't wreck the place when I was away overnight last week, so she's doing well with her 1st birthday only a weekish away now.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Keelbone, those are some swell cats. Long haired calicos/Torties seem... Very powerful........ No pressure but.... Adopt 100 cats please.

I have no update about peach except that she continues to be massively rotund and indignant about that changing.

Keelbone
Sep 3, 2011

beyond the sunset leads my way

Aw thanks guys :unsmith: The building I live in doesn't allow pets but I do wanna get another tortie if I find my own place. Until then I just lurk this thread!

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO5K6dOEemA

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Best friends.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I have a Shinobi! She's 10 this year, and I love her. We've been through a lot together. She enjoys sitting on my stuff, seeing what I am doing and generally being a torti.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Wow what a striking torti, she's the darkest I've seen and those stripes are amazing! Noot has a box too, she chews it.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008
I saw the most beautiful tortie at PetSmart tonight. I had to the leave the cat area... I would have come home with another cat!

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Aerofallosov posted:

I have a Shinobi! She's 10 this year, and I love her. We've been through a lot together. She enjoys sitting on my stuff, seeing what I am doing and generally being a torti.

Hay catte I like ur face. :kimchi:

Milly found the warm spot.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Oh my gosh. Noot and Milly are adorable. :3: Also, cats are adept heat seeking missiles.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Meet Meko

As a Kitten

Helping me work from home

Cuddled up with her 'sister'

On the prowl

Getting too big to share the perch

Treed

Wedged behind the tele for some reason

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I love that her expression is exactly the same in every photo: WAT

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEdpt4uWHd0

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Milly does a purr attack! it's super effective!

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Noot contemplates technology of sound.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug

Smugly nested in my jacket.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The other day my wife found Chloe curled up in my robe while I was at work. :3:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

Pillbug
Lil black toebeans!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

thanks for all the cuties of 2018 and here's hoping for 2019 :kimchi:

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

Softest thing in the known universe?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It's a trap! Noot trapped me in just the same way just now. It's bitey time all the time!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
It's so hard to take a good picture of torties. I don't know if it's their colouring or the lighting or what but they always look blurred.

But still it works out sometimes. This is Katie:

No matter how annoying her daughter is, Katie loves her Large Adult Daughter who isn't a tortie but that's okay

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 12, 2018

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Torties move all the time, you need a camera with a quick fstop which is not most phone cameras. This is now a daily occurrence:

I get maybe 3 good shots from 15 with Noot.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I've gotten way more good pictures of our calico kitten than of her black friend - it's really had to photograph a mostly black fuzz-ball because there is nothing for the camera to focus on.

owls or something
Jul 7, 2003

My original Pixel phone still does a pretty good job at cat photos, has a pretty fast focus. But, I still use my tired and true technique of clicking my fingers and whistling stuid bird sounds at her to maybe get her to be still for a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line
Cat photo tip: Use burst mode. Have lots of memory free on your smartphone.