Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champs?
This poll is closed.
Dillashaw, Johnson 35 52.24%
Garbrandt, Johnson 24 35.82%
Dillashaw, Cejudo 5 7.46%
Garbrandt, Cejudo 3 4.48%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Hey everyone, former snd soon to be new UFC bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt here, welcoming you to the GDT for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Me: 10 p.m. ET only on PPV.

Let me tell you. This time, its different. This time I'm focused. 💯🍆💯🍆💯 I've always worked closely with a sports psychologist, registered Analrapist Tobias Fünke, and this time around he has really helped me pour my attention into my training to beat on TJ's tight rear end. It's a new start for my career, a new beginning of me being another champion again, but Dr. Fünke says that part of my training should include mental and emotional outlets to release my pent up long hidden feelings that he thinks I fight as a way of oppressing. I'm between little cancer kids right now, so he suggested journaling as a way of getting past that.

I can't write too good so Dr. Fünke has agreed to help out so I can get some of that release I have been edging toward for a long time now.

:siren: For the bantanweight strapon :siren:

TJ Dillashaw (c) vs. ME, Cody Garbrandt

You all know me and TJ have some history. We used to be partners and then split up and its beed bad blood ever since. He was champ while Dom Cruz was out but Dom came back and Dommed him, then I Dommed Dom then TJ Dommed me. But TJ, he's a real snake. He thinks he's the champ, he's the top right now and I'm just the bottom, but yeah last time maybe he topped me but this time is different. He may think I'm a bottom but I'm hungrier for it. I got something inside of me that needs it more. If I'm a bottom then I am a power bottom and TJ better be careful what he wishes for cuz I'm gonna throw it back and throw it back hard.

Yeah, you all saw it. You don't need me to tell you TJ finished on me in the second round when we fought. I'm not gonna lie, it was hard. That was a stiff one for me to take. TJ really rearranged my guts that night, but thankfully Dr. Tobias has been there for me to help me every step of the way. He helped me understand that this is part of who I am, and getting plowed rough won't define me unless I let it. I also want to thank my lovely wife for her patience and understanding and publicly standing beside me so the fans understand what a relationship we have. I have been so focused and busy that I haven't even hosed her in three months, which is almost two weeks or so longer than average. Baby, when I get that belt back it's on. I'm gonna come home, take you up to our bedroom. Put the Thor Ragnarok blu ray on, and 15-20 minutes or so after that you're not gonna know what hit you from behind in the dark.

:siren: For thebFlyweight belt :siren:

Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson (c)

vs.

Henry Cejudo

Not to be impolite, but Mighty Mouse is tiny, and the fastest man I have ever met. Doesn't interest me. I like bigger guys who can go deeper and harder out of the gate. Also not to be impolite because it's technically none of my business but TJ was trying to smash that for a while now and Mighty Mouse won't call him back, so you hear that TJ? Not everyone wants a piece of your rear end you conceited bitch.

Henry Cejudo is more my type. He's a little more my size and was a bantameight for a while. He's an Olympic wrestler so you know he knows how to put a man down on his back and hold him there and just impose himself. And those latin, those latino type guys? Something about em man, they're fiery. Spirited. They got that la passíon or whatever, I ain't take no Spanish but it drives me nuts.

Featherweight

Cub Swanson

vs.

Renato Moicano

Cub Swanson has been on the scene for a while now, but don't the name fool you. He's not chubby or nothin'. He's also kind of like a daddy to a lot of the smaller weight classes. He knows his poo poo and has a lot of experience he can teach you if you get matched up with him.

Renato Moicano hasn't been doing this for as long but he is real good and bendy. When he subbed for Tom Niinimaki and hell, even when ge got subbed from Brian Ortega, I was so excited and my blood was pumping and I was standing straight up the entire time.

Women's Strawweight

Polyana Viana vs. JJ Aldrich

Hey no offense but I don't watch the ladies when they do this, ok? This is a space for men. We created this back in the 90s when congressmen still got votes by comparing us to animals and we had to hide and do this in secret little bars or overseas in Brazil. Things are changed a lot now and I am so proud of that and proud of who I am and I am glad this is an inclusive space, but women should respect that I feel and not come here with their friends on the weekends like it's some kind of vacation or a new place to hang out. It's more meaningful than that.

Middleweight

Thiago Santos (middleweight fighter)

vs.

Kevin Holland

Thiago Santos really blends in. His name is so common with Brazilians they have to specify on his wikipedis he is a fighter in a specific weight class. I love that about him. Makes it fun, like you never know when you're gonna bump into him again at the bathroom in a rio nightclub untul he shows up and absolutely destroys you.

So I wanna clear the air about my racial type messages that have been coming out on my twitter. Yes it's true, that screenshot is me messaging Kevin Holland on a twitter DM (I use a custom theme so thats why it looks different from yours.) I was different back then. I didn't know that boy was a cuss to black guys. He was one of the first black guys I ever messaged on that web site (which is twitter btw) so I never meant to mess up and say a mean racist cuss at him. I hope Kevin will forgive me and message me back on that web site (twitter) because I would like to continue talking about our conversation with him.

FX PRELIMS, 8 p.m. ET

Bantamweight Pedro Munhoz vs. Brett Johns

Bantamweight Ricky Simon vs. Montel Jackson

Bantamweight Ricardo Ramos vs. Kyung Ho Kang

Featherweight Matt Sayles vs. Sheymon Moraes

Fight Pass Prelims, 6:30 p.m.

Flyweight Jose Torres vs. Alex Perez
Women's Strawweight Danielle Taylor vs. Zhang Weili
Bantamweight Marlon Vera vs. Wuliji Buren

Official MMA snack rating:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
This may be your best work yet

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I'm glaad you wrote this, op

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

The king is back. Can’t wait to see Cody eat everything that TJ busts on his face.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ill be watching this one and making gay sex jokes most likely

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

This is a funny post and peak r/mma

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/6aux1a/i_think_cody_garbrandt_is_gay_heres_my_gay/

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

lmao :krad:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://streamable.com/85j2w

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
*gets rifht in your face, noses barely touching, licking my lips* you better stop gettin outta line, boy. lil bitch

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The OP is the reacharound of posts.

Brilliant.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Amazing OP :allears:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Great OP.

Looking forward to mighty mouse dominating.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Great OP!

Gonna be staying home and watching this instead of the nearby bar.

Looking forward to the card. Could be a good night of fights.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I'm probably going to watch this tomorrow morning.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Girls are odd..

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I like these long OPs for fight cards, and I definitely read the whole thing and not just look at the pictures.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
looks like portland has the pre early prelims rolling

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was scared off taking a two team parlay on this one because garbrandt/dillashaw is such a coin flip

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i put a bit on cejudo like a dumb rear end

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Let's go Luigi

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo a Frank Trigg appears.

Is this is first UFC fight he is the ref for?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Digital Jedi posted:

I think so considering how shocked DC and Rogan were.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Digital Jedi posted:

Pretty sure there was another one already on a fight night.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
whens GSP gonna start reffing?

i was not impressed

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Body shots rule

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Herv posted:

whens GSP gonna start reffing?

i was not impressed

I want to see Matt Hughes slowly crip-walk across the cage to pull a fighter off someone he's just knocked out.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

sick liver shot

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TJ can’t be the greatest BW of all time because he got schooled by Cruz.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

TJ can’t be the greatest BW of all time because he got schooled by Cruz.

Not discussing Cruz seems disrespectful to Dom

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!
Did Taylor's corner break a (dumb UFC) rule by hanging that flag before the fight? I thought when the Reebok deal went into effect the corners were forbidden from doing that stuff.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They usually let people hang national flags and such plus Dana is a maga chud so of course blue lives matter.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Oh man did she hang a Blue Lives Matter flag before the fight?!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Le Saboteur posted:

Yup. She’ll probably have it over her shoulders when buffer reads the decision.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Wow Cejudo appears to have spent an absolute poo poo ton of money on this training camp to beat DJ.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Le Saboteur posted:

Think Anik mentioned she was in law enforcement before committing full time to MMA

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Digital Jedi posted:

Think Anik mentioned she was in law enforcement before committing full time to MMA

She is/was a sheriff’s deputy.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Torres is the guy who won his last fight via his opponent knocking himself out with a pro wrestling move right?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Just chiming in to say amazing OP and to continue to ignore any prelims

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Brut posted:

Torres is the guy who won his last fight via his opponent knocking himself out with a pro wrestling move right?

Yeah and then the guy said that he’d beat Torres 9/10 and the only time he’d lose is if he knocked himself out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I feel like the "Official MMA snack" bit has been building to this specific OP the whole time

• Locked thread