Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kimiko Andersen

https://orokos.com/roll/649793 I got a 5

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!"

OH NO I DON'T WANT TO DIE WHY ARE WE FALLING THIS IS THE OPPOSITE OF AN ADVENTURE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Erica Shiki

The red haired girl doesn't wait more than a second. As soon as the solid footing beneath her is gone, reflexes and panic kick in and all wonder at the situation is gone. She lunges out and attempts to grab someone - anyone - nearby her, and she doesn't attempt to stop at one person!

Erica lunges out to grab whoever's next to her!: 1d6u5 1

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Teru Kaneyama

Panic overrode Teru's assurance that it was all just a game, a show. The feeling of rushing wind and the hollow sense in her stomach were all too real. It was really happening. She was really falling.

She heard screaming from nearby and her mind snapped back to the other kids. From deep inside, the desire to protect life bloomed, and she reached out for the nearest yelling figure.

SidekickBOT posted:

Today at 5:59 PM
@Getsuya: 1d6 Teru Athletics = (1) = 1

Grasping an arm, Teru pulled the figure close into an embrace, twisting in the air so she was underneath whoever was in her arms, hoping she could at the very least break the fall for this one person.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Zak

As the floor and seats disappear and Zak plummets into the darkness, he hears his dad's voice in his head. Tuck and roll son! Tuck and rollllll! He starts curling around his bag, trying to not land directly on it.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Mika Fujinomiya

After Mika put her token in and fiddled a bit more with the keyboard, everything happened almost too fast to keep track of - the strange smartwatch-ish-kinda looking things appeared, she took one and clipped it to her messenger bag, the group shuffled in - by some sort of consensus, finally - and...

Oh. Oh dear.

She forced herself to keep calm - maybe this was one of those 3D rides that made everything seem like it was happening even if it really wasn't - until she felt the wind (and her hair) whipping around past her ears. Yep, they were really falling. That's when she let out a screech, flailing about wildly in an attempt to grab someone or something or somewhocaresshe'stooyoungtodie.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 6:39 PM
@Leraika: 1d6 shrug = (6) = 6

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
LOCATION UNKNOWN, 15:F$!4q ERROR: CLOCK FUNCTION HAS CRASHED

As the children fall, some of them manage to cling to one another, while Mika only succeeds in pushing herself further away from the group. Oddly, while she should have bumped against a wall as she knocked herself away, she instead kept going into empty space. She doesn't have much time to ponder this, however, nor does anyone else, as the speed of their descent causes them to lose consciousness.

Yuki and Erika

As the school all-stars come to, they find they're still clinging to each other. They're on the floor of what appears to be a large forest, with trees in every direction. Strangely, none of the branches above them seem to have been disturbed by their fall, though their lack of injury suggests that some force may have intervened. They have no time to get their bearings, however, as a rough, but childlike voice sounds near them, joined immediately by a higher, more nasally, but equally youthful voice.

"Hey, they're awake!"

"See! I told you we can't eat 'em! They're probably the ones Jijimon told us about!"

"Really? They look pretty weak..."

The source of the chatter is much lower to the ground than one might expect from a person, and the reason for this is made clear as soon as the pair of girls get a good look at the speakers.

Kimiko and Teru

The last thing Kimiko recalls before passing out is someone grabbing onto her leg. She and Teru wake up together in an open clearing, inside some sort of forest. A few dozen yards in one direction, there looks to be a beach of some kind, the water gently splashing against the shore. More pressingly, not far from the pair are a couple of strange creatures, one some sort of green ball covered in spikes, the other what looks like some kind of beanbag toy modeled after a cat. The green thing speaks first, but the yellow cat thing isn't far behind. Their voices are high, like cutesy cartoon mascots.

"Hey, are you okay?!"

"You were asleep for a loooong time!"

"But we were told we should wait here for you!"

"I'm Nyaromon, and she's Budmon!"

In unison, they declare, "And you're the heroes!"

Zak

Zak awakens to a pair of beady, black eyes, barely an inch from his own. Their owner starts, however, falling back onto Zak's stomach, and Zak can see a thick canopy of branches above him. The creature currently sitting atop Zak looks like some sort of pinkish-white blob. Its voice comes out almost like buzzing, but more organic.

"Uwah! You're finally awake! I am Motimon, and I was chosen to be your partner!"

Mika

As Mika comes to, she is finds herself on a sandy beach, face down. Next to her is a tiny, four legged white creature, with long, white antennae. It yawns, revealing row upon row of razor-sharp teeth, like a shark on steroids. Upon noticing Mika's consciousness, it seems to jump for joy.

"Hooray! You're alive! Um, well, for now..."

The creature makes a meaningful glance towards Mika's other side, where she finds another unfamiliar creature staring at her, this one green, with sharp fangs, a wicked-looking club, and standing about seven feet tall. It speaks with a harsh, gravelly voice.

"Hey, you're awake! Hurry up and get ready!"

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Zak

"Oh...my...GOD!!!" Zak suddenly sits up and starts scrambling for his bag, knocking the creature off him in his rush to grab his phone. Managing to turn on his camera app, he starts recording it. "My name is Isaac Levesque the third, and if anyone finds this video, this is *proof of either aliens or something else entirely! All I know is that I have found some sort of creature that can talk perfect English...oh! sorry for knocking you over, buddy, I was just really excited! Can you introduce yourself to me...and the camera, again?"

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

Ughhhh, everything hurt and Mika was pretty sure she was dead. But if she was dead, then she wouldn't be hurting, right? And she wouldn't be arguing with herself about whether she was dead or not. Or would she? It wasn't like she'd ever been dead before, after all. Maybe this really was what the afterlife was like - lots of pain and bright light, searing her eyelids...?

She cautiously opens her eyes, only to find herself face-to-face with several rows of extremely sharp teeth.

"What the ffff-" She starts, rolling to a sitting position with an incredible burst of agility. "Go away! I'm not dead yet, so stop trying to eat me, you vulture!"

By this time, though, the owner of the teeth was bouncing around like a rubber ball, and didn't even appear to notice her outburst. Good? Except now it was talking about being alive for now and-

She followed the weird shark pig's gaze and holy eff yes she was going to die. "R-r-r-ready for what?" she says cautiously, hoping that big, green, and terrifying was more interested in chatty chatty than eaty eaty.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Zak

Motimon recovers fairly easily as he's thrown from Zak's body, though as he has a camera waved in his face, he bring a hand to his mouth in a look of confusion and concern.

"I'm... Motimon?" The puzzled creature complies with Zak's request, before addressing its own questions. "Are you okay? Did you hit your head? Jijimon said you might need some guidance, I guess this is what he meant."

Mika

The big, green monster raises its club as it declares, "I'm gonna rob you! I've never gotten to do this before, you're the first human I've ever seen in the Digital World, so now I can finally fulfill my purpose! Gimme yer money!" He waves his club in a threatening fashion as he makes his demand, but the smaller creature leaps to Mika's defense. "Knock it off, Ogremon! It's my sworn duty to protect this hero of prophecy!"

The monster, Ogremon, apparently, gives the little white thing a dismissive look. "And what's a runty little Tokomon like you gonna do?! You know how long I've been waiting to shake down innocent travelers?!"

The two continue trading tough talk, leaving open the path into the forest behind Mika.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

Erica doesn't come to her senses immediately - she takes a moment of sitting there, staring at nothing, until the voices jar her to action. Her eyes narrow and she immediately jolts to her feet to stare at them, though she nearly falls from still being tangled up with Yuki!

"I...what's this?" she begins before shaking her head, wildly, and turning to the other sports star with a scowl. "Tsukishima, pull yourself together, this is...weird." Her words falter, and she glances down at the two...well, one looked closer to an eel and the other was like someone had put fur, eyes, and ears on her soccer ball. "...I'm Erica Shiki, what's your name?" she asks, and then offers a hand before realizing. Oh. They don't have...hands.

Shaking her head, she looks all around her and reaches into her pocket where the thing - the Digivice - had been placed in her blind panic during the fall. "Not hurt...trees aren't damaged either. Something saved us," she muses, and she frowns. "Ugh...this seems like a dream, not Japan. Haven't been in a forest like this in forever..."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kimiko Andersen

"Oh my gosh, cute!" I give the one called Nyaromon a few pokes. I had never actually felt a real life mascot before and was always curious about their particular texture. "Talk about an adventure, there's some dang ol' monsters here! They're so small, I bet we could fit them in our pockets! Pocket monsters..."

Blink blink.

"Wait, what did you say? We're....the heroes? Like....destined to save the world and all that?"

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Teru Kaneyama

Teru was surprised to not only be alive but apparently completely unharmed. Nearby, she saw a girl get to her feet. She stood herself, dusting herself off before calling out to the other girl.

"Hey, are you alright?"

Reaching around to pat at her bag, Teru was relieved to find the small medical kit she usually carried around undamaged. Good. Even though she and the other girl had made it through okay, that didn't mean everyone was.

"Kimiko, right?" she asked, though she didn't actually have trouble remembering. Keeping track of people's names was a basic for customer service. "We should look for the others before we start the game," she suggested, though her tone wasn't bossy, merely rational. Only after she said this did she acknowledge the presence of the small creatures. "Or... is finding the others part of the game? Are you here to explain the rules to us?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Tsukishima Yuki

There are strange things afoot in the arcade, that's for sure. Yuki comes to a scant moment after Erica, then immediately boggles at the pair of weirdo aliens talking about not eating them. Which is, admittedly, a good thing, but... she can only shake her head. Pulling herself to her feet, she considers a few inalienable facts. First and foremost? There's not exactly a clear path home. No great loss, admittedly, but there's that. Second? Weirdo aliens. Weirdo cannibal aliens. Third? There's no sign of the rest, other than Erica.

Well, there's one thing that has never stopped Yuki before: having no idea what the heck is going on. She says, mostly following the mood, "I'm Yuki." There's a definite spring to her legs, though. If either of them change their mind about the eating thing, she's going to tackle the absolute heck outta the sunny and tailed one and then... something. Buy time for Erica to skedaddle, maybe. She'll show them what the baseball team's ace can do! "So... you eat people often?"

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Kimiko and Teru

The two creatures look at Teru quizzically.

"A game?" asks Budmon.

"This definitely isn't a game," adds Nyaromon, "You're the heroes that are prophesized to save the Digital World!"

"Yeah, yeah!" Budmon bounces excitedly. "We're gonna get to Digivolve!"

As Budmon bounces, she bumps against Kimiko, and a glow suddenly begins emanating from somewhere on her person. The source turns out to be the odd little toy that had been given to everyone. Her Digivice. The screen was now lit, and displayed a pixelated image of Budmon's face, going dark after several seconds. Nyaromon, seeing this, deftly hops over Kimiko and into Teru, causing a similar reaction in her Digivice.

Nyaromon looks up at Teru, smiling, "Now we're partners! I don't know about 'rules', so to speak, but I can help explain things to you if you're confused."

Yuki and Erica

The grayish creature puts its ear-limb-thing into Erica's hand as a way of returning her handshake, apparently understanding the gesture. The appendage seems to just be a soft lump of matter. If this creature has any bones, Erica can't tell. However, the handshake causes her Digivice to glow, the screen displaying what looks like the creature's face.

Introducing himself in his nasally tone, he says, "I'm Pagumon, and it looks like we're partners! Over there is Frimon, don't mind him, he's got a bad attitude."

"Go jump in the recycle bin," mutters Frimon, his frills widening with agitation. "Pagumon just doesn't get jokes, he spends too much time reading those weird paper things Jijimon has all over his house. Guess you're my partner, goggle girl."

He bounces toward her and boops himself against her shin, confirming his theory with the glow from her Digivice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kimiko Andersen

Looking at the picture of Budmon on my Digivice, I pick her up and inspect her from all sides. Wow, I have a bud-shaped monster buddy.

"The Digital World? You mean we got downloaded or something? And Digivolve? What the heck are you little buggers?"

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

As she shakes the jelly-creature's ear...wing...thing, she digs out the Digivice again and stares at the screen for a few moments. "Partners?" she parrots, and then - without thinking - she bends down and plucks up the ball of matter with both hands. "Partners in what? This a game?" she asks, and then looks over at the headbutting eel-looking critter. "Pagumon, mm...that's an interesting name. Where are we, li'l guy?" she speaks more softly here - she had always wanted a pet, and the little thing was - while chunky - kind of cute.

"And are these...ears? Wings?" she asks again, before looking at the critter again. "...you're gonna be slow. Over y'go," she proclaims before Pagumon finds himself being slung over her shoulders and plopped onto her backpack, facing away from her head. "Y'can ride on there. Might make room for you inside later, but y'mind going piggyback for now?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Tsukishima Yuki

Oddly enough, the aggressive headbutt to the shin seems to ground Yuki a bit in the moment. The dull ache from the impact of Frimon's tiny head made it seem like this was less likely to be a dream, and it probably wasn't a hallucination... particularly if Erica was seeing all this too. Of course, nobody but nobody got to talk smack about the goggles! They were her mom's, her real mom's, and they were the best thing that she'd ever gotten. Before the frilled monster thing can back out of range, she scoops it up and bonks her head against it with the same amount of somewhat aggressive affection. When in Rome, or something like that.

Yuki says, "Partner, huh?" She holds Frimon out a bit, taking its measure. "So... what do you do? And... uh. What are we supposed to do?"

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

Now, Mika could have just bailed whenever and left the shark-pig to its fate, but... Nah. She couldn't just leave it behind. Besides, well. Hrm. It'd seemed so happy to see her. Maybe there was a way to solve this where everyone could be happy!

So she turned around and, despite her instincts screaming at her to run as fast as she possibly could until she hit some way of getting out of whatever this is, made her way over to the Ogremon.

"So, uh. I don't actually really have that much money on me, but I've got something even better, if it helps?" She shoves a hand in her bag and comes up with a green foil-wrapped pack of wasabi flavored gummies. "I have to have them specially ordered! Can't get something this tasty just anywhere."

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Zak

"You said something about being my partner..."Zak puts the phone away before saying the next bit. "...does that mean we're friends? Because I could really use a friend who knows what's going on around here." He had noticed the lack of signal on his phone earlier, but now the enormity of the situation is starting to sink in a bit. "Oh! And speaking of what's going on, uhhh Motimon, right? Have you seen any other kids like me around? Oh, uh humans about my size and age are known as 'kids'. He picks up the creature in his arms, "let's go find the others!"

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Mika

Ogremon immediately takes the offering. "Wow, that was easy! Kind of a let-down, I was hopin' I'd get to chase ya around a little," He greedily tears open the package of gummies and dumps the lot of them into his gaping maw. He chews them thoughtfully for a few seconds, but then his chewing slows, and he grows still. Then

"FUNGYAAAAAAAAH! Why you!"

Ogremon screams in pain and waves his club angrily, infuriated by Mika's prank. Suddenly, in the middle of his rage, he freezes, audibly choking mid-roar, as a dark aura begins to envelop him. The air grows thick with an unknown power, and then Ogremon's eyes begin to glow red. He's no longer flailing around comically, and his mien has taken on a menacing, predatory edge. His voice comes out in raspy breaths now. "Kill... Destroy...!"

Tokomon, for his part, looks utterly terrified. "O-oh no, you really shouldn't have gotten him mad! I don't think we're ready for this yet! We need to run away!"

Zak

Motimon replies, "Oh, I haven't seen any other humans, but Jijimon told us that there would be six of you, and where you'd fall. And of course we're friends, you're going to save the Digital World!"

Motimon's explanation is cut short, however, by the sound of a loud roar coming from a fair distance away. He tugs at the collar of Zak's shirt, pointing toward the origin of the noise. "It sounds like trouble, let's go! Hopefully the others are on their way, too, so we can work together!"

Yuki and Erica

Pagumon responds, "This is no game, the fate of the Digital World is in our hands! We need to work together to save everyone!"

Frimon adds, "Yeah, those Digivices will help us Digivolve and get stronger, so we can kick more butt!"

However, just as Pagumon is about to explain the nature of his appendages, he's interrupted by a far-off roar. "Hey, Erica, it sounds like someone's in trouble! We gotta go save them!"

Frimon is already tugging at Yuki's pant leg with his tiny mouth, his voice muffled by the effort, "Mmph, yeh, c'mon, weh gobba go!"

Kimiko and Teru

Budmon is the first to reply to Kimiko's question. "We're Digimon! We live here, in the Digital World! When we Digivolve, we get bigger and stronger, so we can protect everyone!"

Nyaromon takes over, adding coolly, "According to Jijimon, our elder, your Digivices-"

Her explanation is cut off by roaring coming from the direction of the beach, a ways down from the section visible through the trees. Nyaromon immediately starts hopping towards the source, Budmon hurrying along behind her. "That's our cue! I'll explain the rest on the way!"

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

Okay, that was... not the reaction she'd been expecting. Distraction, maybe, but not killer robot mode. Without needing any further prompting, Mika scoops up Tokomon and absolutely bails down the forest path, zigzagging deeper into the trees whenever she could - after all, Ogremon was way bigger than she was, maybe having to fight through the trees would slow him down a little.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Tsukishima Yuki

Yuki picks up about four words of that explanation, particularly with that bone-rattling roar coming from who knows where, but she quickly makes sure that her pack is all synched up and ready to go. Scooping Frimon up into her arms, she calls over to Erica, "The munchkins are right! We can't just leave someone out here alone, especially if there are actual people-chomping monsters in the mix." She doesn't actually wait for an answer, beating feet towards the roar like she's trying to outrun an infielder's throw to second base. "Hurry!"

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Teru Kaneyama

Feeling a warmth in her pocket, Teru pulled out the Digivice she'd taken earlier. It was glowing. Something about that moment; maybe it was how much the Digivice she held in her hand felt exactly like the one she had taken back in the 'real world' before the game, maybe it was that she actually looked at their surroundings and realized it all looked way too alive to be a simulation, or maybe it was the light from the Digivice shining in her eyes, but suddenly Teru realized it wasn't a game.

"This is real..." she said, then her head snapped up. "If this is real, then we need to find the others as quickly as possible. We shouldn't be separated."

The roar did nothing to lessen the feeling of emergency. They needed to find the others right now.

Rushing over, she scooped up Nyaromon. She figured human legs would be faster than hopping.

"Is that where the others are? Point the way!"

Tucking the Digimon under her arm, she sprinted toward the roar.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

Erica's not a moment behind Yuki. She grabs her backpack by the straps to make sure it and her passenger aren't going to go flying off, and then she ducks low and starts to sprint after the other sports star. "Yeah, I got no clue what's going on, but can't let the others be by themselves - don't think some of'm could handle it!" she jokingly says, then pales immediately as she realizes - some of these things will actually eat people.

She shake her head, violently, and then ducks it further to start trying to sprint faster and carry herself to the source of the noise!

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Zak

"Hold on tight!" With that, Zak takes off towards the roaring noise, determined to do what he can to help. As he runs through the forest clutching his new blobby friend, he starts making a mental inventory of what he's got in his bag Some books, some MREs, my new multi-tool...I hope it's enough!. He's so focused on navigating the through the woods quickly, that he fails to notice the 'Digivice' he picked up has a glowing screen which is displaying a pixelated form of Motimon's face.

FewtureMD fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Aug 8, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kimiko Andersen

I take Budmon under my arm, minding the spikes, and run after. "Maybe it's the others!"

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

LOCATION UNKNOWN, ENEMY IDENTIFIED: OGREMON (WARNING: UNKNOWN VIRAL CODE DETECTED)

As Mika flees from Ogremon, Tokemon in her arms, she nearly collides with Zak and Motimon. Motimon is the first to speak.

"Hey! Tokomon! What's going on?"

"It's Ogremon, my partner gave him some kind of snack and he got really mad and then that thing happened again, just like Mr. Piddomon!"

"Oh no! Ogremon's cranky enough when he's not crazy! By the way, this is Zak, I think he's a bit mixed-up right now but I'll whip him into shape in no time!"

"Let's save it for after we stop Ogremon!"

Ogremon has been slowly advancing during this exchange, pausing to lash out at the trees, felling them with a single swing of his club. Tokomon and Motimon leap from their partners' arms, taking a combat stance, preparing for his arrival, apparently quite confident, now that there are more than one of them. As Ogremon closes the distance, two more humans burst from the trees. It's Teru and Kimiko, with Nyaromon and Budmon. Nyaromon is the first to leap towards Ogremon, with Budmon following behind. Nyaromon calls out, "Motimon, Tokomon, are you okay?"

Tokomon replies, "Yeah, you're just in time!"

Now surrounding Ogremon, the tiny Digimon strike what, in larger, less cute beings, might be intimidating combat poses as Ogremon prepares to attack. Then, in practiced unison, they all shout, "DIGIVOLVE!"

And nothing happens. And then Ogremon lunges at Tokomon.

(Looks like you guys will need to make the best of a bad situation for the moment, plus Erica and Yuki were far enough off that they won't be here until the next round of combat.)

Ally Stats:

(Since there is a lot of info to go through right now, I'll omit pictures to save space, since they've already been posted previously.)

Tokomon
Level: In-training
Type: Vaccine
Power: 4
Defense: 4
Speed: 3
Special: Bubble Breath: In-training Digimon never deal more than 1 point of damage per attack.
Special: Small: In-training Digimon ignore penalties to Speed due to differences in Digivolution stage, thanks to being small and evasive.

Motimon
Type: Virus
Special: Bubble Breath
Special: Small

Nyaromon
Defense: 3
Speed: 4

Budmon
Type: Data
Power: 3

Frimon
Defense: 3

Pagumon

ENEMY: Ogremon
Level: Champion
Defense Modifier: -2
Speed Modifier: +2
Damage: 1
Health: ??

Analysis: It seems Ogremon's packing an even bigger punch than usual, it must be that black aura affecting him! Luckily, it looks like it's clouded his mind, too, so he's a lot slower, now. Prodigious!

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Teru Kaneyama

Well. That's sure an ogre. After the relatively cute monsters that were the first to greet them, the sight of a big, strong-looking ugly monster made Teru pause. But seeing it lunge for one of the small, friendly-looking little guys kicked her caregiver instinct into overdrive.

Reaching into her pack, she pulled out a small cloth bundle. Her parents forced her to carry it with her at all times 'just in case' she ever ran into a demon or... well, an ogre. Never for a second had Teru thought she would need to actually use it. It was, after all, nothing but plain table salt. Great for purifying evil and adding flavor to some french fries.

Dashing toward the lumpy green foe, Teru flung the salt in a wide arc, aiming for the monster's beady yellow eyes.

SidekickBot posted:

Athletics Roll of 4

But, unfortunately, it's not like Teru had ever practiced flinging salt at evil before. The white arc flies wide, adding some unneeded flavor to the grass near Ogremon's feet.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Zak

Horrified at the thought of the big green... Digimon attacking the tiny blob that is Tokomon, Zak draws on all the nature videos he's watched to try and scare the monster away. "Motimon, follow my lead!" With that, he holds his arms out and up as high as he can, and starts making growling noises, hoping to draw Ogremon away.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kimiko Andersen

"Aaah....ah jeez....BUDMON, GO!"

And Budmon goes forth to deliver a mighty headbutt!

quote:

@Waffleman: 1d6 Attack!!! = (2) = 2

And bounces off with a squeak.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika and Tokomon

Much to Mika's dismay, Tokomon does not do the smart thing and BAIL, but instead stands its ground.

"Come on, everyone! It's our job to protect the heroes!"

Mika goes pale. "Waitwatwaitwaitwaitwait no don't you DARE run over there and try to fight him, can't we, like, just all get along?"

"But but but but we're the only ones who can stop him!"

"No you're no- LOOK OUT!"

quote:

SidekickBOT
@Leraika: 1d6 dodge too = (4) = 4

Tokomon scoots to the side just in time to avoid the blow, then leaps onto Ogremon's arm and chomps down!

quote:

SidekickBOT
@Leraika: 1d6 also attack = (3) = 3

Unfortunately, despite how pointy and wicked its teeth may have looked to Mika, they just sort of bounce off of the Ogremon's tough skin!

"Stop trying to hit it! Just run!" Mika commands, even though she suspects it's sort of a futile effort.

((OOC: Moving one point from Attack to Speed with NERD POWERS.))

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Vs. Ogremon

As Ogremon's club swings wide, Yuki and Erica burst from the trees behind Mika and Zak. Frimon and Pagumon immediately join their fellows in surrounding the possessed Ogremon. The other Digimon seem considerably cheered to see the remaining two of their number join the battle.

"Hey, maybe now we can Digivolve!" chirps Budmon.

Frimon replies, "Just leave it to me! Hey, goggle girl, lend me your strength so we can give this guy a beating!"

As the other Digimon join in calling out to their partners, the children's Digivices start to glow again, as if beckoning to be used.

(Alright, everyone, now's the big moment, let's see you call out some Digivolution!)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kimiko Andersen

I grab the Digivice from my pocket and look at it. Heck if I know what's going on right now, but a glowing magical device only means one thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yTsznaB6Uw

Holding the Digivice in my hand, I strike the best heroic pose I can and call out!

"BUDMON! INITIATE DIGIVOLUTION!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Tsukishima Yuki

Yuki takes a long look at the actual, probably man-eating monster that's hassling her newfound acquaintances and what seem to be their own tiny monsters and also quite a bit of salt. One thing's for sure, this place is wild. And with her new handheld glowing and the tiny frill-cat asking for backup... well, there's only one sane and reasonable thing to do: get unreasonable. She grabs her digivice, tossing it into the air, then easily catches it and points the glowing screen at Frimon! She calls out, "You got it, munchkin! Let's give this guy the business. Digivolve!"

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

I...digivolve, what? Shaking her head, the red haired girl glances to the side as Tsuhishima and Andersen both proclaim it and...what the heck. She plucks her newfound head-friend off her shoulders and gives it a little nudge forwards before her digivice is plucked from a pocket with a wide, confident grin. "Can't let these two hog all the fun. Pagumon, was it? Get in there. He's big 'n ugly, but that ain't a problem for us, is it? Digivolve, let's go!"

She doesn't stop there, however - with one hand holding the glowing, flickering device forward she uses the other one to dig out something...peculiar. A standard black and white soccer ball - that had been giving her backpack the odd shape this whole time - and she lets it drop next to her, where her sneaker-clad foot catches it easily. "Let's go for the goal, Pagumon!"

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Budmon! Digivolve to...!"

"FLORAMON!"

Floramon
Level: Rookie
Type: Data
Special: Photosynthesis: Floramon recovers twice as much Stress between scenes as long as she's in direct sunlight.

Analysis: Floramon's a plant Digimon with a sunny disposition! Watch out for her Rain of Pollen, though, or it's lights out!

"Frimon! Digivolve to...!"

"LIOLLMON! RAWR!"

Liollmon

Analysis: Liollmon's a beast Digimon with an attitude! Stay out of his territory or you'll face his Lio Claw!

"Pagumon! Digivolve to...!"

"Tapirmon!"

Tapirmon
Defense: 5

Analysis: Tapirmon's a mild-mannered, thoughtful kind of Digimon, but if you make him mad, beware his Nightmare Syndrome attack!

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

Zak

Seeing as his anti-wild antics aren't super effective, Zak is incredibly relieved when the two girls who seemed to know each other show up and complete the group. 6 on 1 makes the fight barely even at this point. When Motimon starts calling for "Digivolution", Zak thinks about the 'Digivice' clipped to his bag strap. Looking down, he can see that it's glowing brightly. The two have to be related! He unclips the toy and holds it out towards his partner. "Motimon! Let's uhhh..." He steels himself." Let's Digivolve!"

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Motimon! Digivolve to...!"

"KUNEMON!"

Kunemon

Analysis: Kunemon may be a bug, but he's no weakling! If you underestimate him, his Electro Thread is sure to be... shocking!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

Mika makes a grab for the weird thing she'd clipped on her bag when it starts to glow, juggles it between her hands a bit when it slips through her fingers, and finally manages to get a grip on it. Gingerly, she holds it out towards Tokomon. "Um... you know what to do, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Tokomon! Digivolve to...!"

"PENGUINMON!"

Penguinmon
Defense: 5
Special: Amphibious: Penguinmon can swim and fight normally underwater.

Analysis: Penguinmon is one cool customer, loyal and responsible! His Ice Prism attack will make sure enemies see his... point!