Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

The siren song of blinking lights, singing machines, and kids whooping and hollering weren't lost on Erica as she walked into the Digital World. The girl was dressed in what was clearly a grass-stained soccer uniform: a dark blue T-shirt with black stripes at the ends of the sleeves, a pair of black shorts with white stripes running up them, and then a pair of knee-high socks and a pair of sneakers - her soccer cleats were likely in the backback strapped to her back still.

She walks in alone - distinctly alone despite the other kids strolling in before and after her. She looked bored, her lips twisted into a frown, but that fades somewhat as she looks around...and then she loses herself in the glitz and noise of the arcade. The girl threw herself at the machines, one after another, and her wallet seemed nearly bottomless as she played. She definitely erred towards the competetive games - Street Fighter, racing games, even DDR!

Despite playing games mostly -with- other children, she rarely talked to them. Her gaze was locked onto the screen, and - more often than not - she was the victor. She did accept all challengers that came her way, and she even pumped her own tokens into the machines to keep her challengers playing with her when they did show up. And despite how standoffish she seemed, she never trash talked - if she was defeated she would immediately ask for a rematch and if she won, they'd get a quite simple, "Good game."

And this way, she spends hours burning away the day. She arrived early, after soccer practice, and she wasn't expected home until late that evening. She could leave any time she wished, and it was likely none of the employees minded her loitering so long as she was still spending tokens.

Erica is taking on all challengers to her gaming throne!: 1d6 3 Gaming Skill: 5

A Moody Prodigy posted:

Name: Erica Shiki
Role: Moody Kid
Partner: Pagumon -> Tapirmon

Moody Kid Skill Cap: Athletics
Skills (Specializations)

Athletics (Soccer): 6
Science and Technology (Gaming): 4
Craft: Woodworking: 3
Academics: Classic Literature: 3

Traits and Drawbacks

+Wealthy
+Strong Bond
+Fighter

-Anxiety Prone

Items
Soccer Ball
Cell Phone
Snacks
Pocket Knife
Pocket Works of Shakespeare
Nintendo DS with a handful of games

Languages
English
Japanese

Pagumon! posted:

Pagumon
Level: In-training
Type: Virus
Power: 4
Defense: 4
Speed: 3
Special: Bubble Breath
Special: Small

Tapirmon! posted:

Tapirmon
Level: Rookie
Type: Virus
Power: 3
Defense: 5
Speed: 4

Galick fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

"YOU WI-" the audio from the game cuts off as she screams across the finish line, and she blinks - twice - before turning to look at her opponent...who was gone. That game was competitive! She knew they wouldn't just leave when they were inches behind her, and she had been feeding tokens into both their machines for the entire challenge just so it wouldn't end. Where were they?

Clambering out of the bucket seat, she tilts her head to the side as Yuki calls out and she frowns. Making her way over to the flickering arcade cabinet she shoulders her backpack and keeps a wary eye out for anyone else - and she does see a few people still scattered. The handful still here were still -miles- away from the packed floor of moments ago, however.

She stops at the cabinet and glances around her - obviously somewhat nervous, but that comes across in a scowl and narrowed eyes. "What happened? You have any idea, Tsukishima?" she asks - she was somewhat familiar with the other sports star, but she rarely spoke to her. "And what -is- this thing? I didn't see it all day. Let's see here...still working looks like, probably still takes tokens? Where are the staff, too?"

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

The girl's red hair stands on end as the tinny voice comes over the loudspeaker, and she glances around at the five other kids before glancing up at the unseen speaker. "Y'gotta be kidding, right? What is this, kidnapping therapy? Where's everyone else?" she asks, and her arms cross defiantly over her chest. She wasn't dumb - far from it - and she glanced around at the empty arcade for a few longer moments before dumping token after token into the machine. She didn't stop - at all - until she had pumped enough in there for all six of them and then some.

She speaks, lowly, and her voice is somewhat awkward. "Listen we...we should play along. With everyone else gone? Who knows what happened to'm?" The girl spoke with a touch of an Osaka-ben dialect - she had lived there for a while earlier in life - but it was really only noticeable now that she seemed painfully stressed. Her eyes were narrowed, and she kept on tapping her foot while one hand had a white knuckle grip on her backpack.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

Given the pile of tokens she had - she hadn't even begun to dig through her stash at this point - she very pointedly gives a token to each member of the group aside from the girl with the play card. "This okay, creepy guy?" she calls out, and then she swaps to English herself. "I still really don't like this. I bet the door's locked, too, even if we tried to leave."

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

At this, Erica falls silent. She doesn't make for the exit, but neither does she look happy about it - at all.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

She pauses for a moment before plucking one out - the middle one in the top row. It was small enough that it fit easily into her hand, and she gave it a shake to see if anything rattled. "What's a Digivice?" she asks, but she doesn't wait for an answer. Instead, she steps into the little booth and takes a seat in the front row, in one of the corner seats. It's the one furthest way from the door, meaning she had to clamber over the others a bit.

She turned away from the group and was staring at the little thing in her hand - it was smaller than her phone even, and she played with it some. There -were- three buttons on the face of it and what looked like an LCD screen so she tried a few things to see if she could get it to do anything. She pressed the buttons - once all at once, then trying them all in sequence - and assuming that did nothing, she flips it around to look at the back to see if there was a slot to insert a pin to reset it like some older handheld games.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

She continues fiddling with it, and only looks up - briefly - when Zak plops down next to her. "Erica Shiki," she offers and then turns her gaze back downwards, her tongue curling above her lip as she continues to play/try to figure out the Digivice with a look of mixed concentration and frustration.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

The red haired girl doesn't wait more than a second. As soon as the solid footing beneath her is gone, reflexes and panic kick in and all wonder at the situation is gone. She lunges out and attempts to grab someone - anyone - nearby her, and she doesn't attempt to stop at one person!

Erica lunges out to grab whoever's next to her!: 1d6u5 1

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

Erica doesn't come to her senses immediately - she takes a moment of sitting there, staring at nothing, until the voices jar her to action. Her eyes narrow and she immediately jolts to her feet to stare at them, though she nearly falls from still being tangled up with Yuki!

"I...what's this?" she begins before shaking her head, wildly, and turning to the other sports star with a scowl. "Tsukishima, pull yourself together, this is...weird." Her words falter, and she glances down at the two...well, one looked closer to an eel and the other was like someone had put fur, eyes, and ears on her soccer ball. "...I'm Erica Shiki, what's your name?" she asks, and then offers a hand before realizing. Oh. They don't have...hands.

Shaking her head, she looks all around her and reaches into her pocket where the thing - the Digivice - had been placed in her blind panic during the fall. "Not hurt...trees aren't damaged either. Something saved us," she muses, and she frowns. "Ugh...this seems like a dream, not Japan. Haven't been in a forest like this in forever..."

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

As she shakes the jelly-creature's ear...wing...thing, she digs out the Digivice again and stares at the screen for a few moments. "Partners?" she parrots, and then - without thinking - she bends down and plucks up the ball of matter with both hands. "Partners in what? This a game?" she asks, and then looks over at the headbutting eel-looking critter. "Pagumon, mm...that's an interesting name. Where are we, li'l guy?" she speaks more softly here - she had always wanted a pet, and the little thing was - while chunky - kind of cute.

"And are these...ears? Wings?" she asks again, before looking at the critter again. "...you're gonna be slow. Over y'go," she proclaims before Pagumon finds himself being slung over her shoulders and plopped onto her backpack, facing away from her head. "Y'can ride on there. Might make room for you inside later, but y'mind going piggyback for now?"

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

Erica's not a moment behind Yuki. She grabs her backpack by the straps to make sure it and her passenger aren't going to go flying off, and then she ducks low and starts to sprint after the other sports star. "Yeah, I got no clue what's going on, but can't let the others be by themselves - don't think some of'm could handle it!" she jokingly says, then pales immediately as she realizes - some of these things will actually eat people.

She shake her head, violently, and then ducks it further to start trying to sprint faster and carry herself to the source of the noise!

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

I...digivolve, what? Shaking her head, the red haired girl glances to the side as Tsuhishima and Andersen both proclaim it and...what the heck. She plucks her newfound head-friend off her shoulders and gives it a little nudge forwards before her digivice is plucked from a pocket with a wide, confident grin. "Can't let these two hog all the fun. Pagumon, was it? Get in there. He's big 'n ugly, but that ain't a problem for us, is it? Digivolve, let's go!"

She doesn't stop there, however - with one hand holding the glowing, flickering device forward she uses the other one to dig out something...peculiar. A standard black and white soccer ball - that had been giving her backpack the odd shape this whole time - and she lets it drop next to her, where her sneaker-clad foot catches it easily. "Let's go for the goal, Pagumon!"

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

Tapirmon floats before her, and it looks calmly at the flailing Ogremon before it. "Care to give me a hand, Erica? He's got to be dealt with - this is our duty." Erica responds dumbly for a moment - staring at the veritable team of child-sized creatures floating, standing, and kneeling before her. But the request makes her snap her head back into the game and she lobs the soccer ball high - high above her head - and then with a single sideways kick that launches the ball -screaming- at Ogremon!

Advantage: Attack! posted:

SidekickBOTToday at 7:35 PM
@The Great Waddler: 1d6 Athletics (Soccer) Kick that ball at his head, Erica! = (5) = 5

The ball lands, bouncing off of his head and screaming off at an angle but the moment of distraction it causes is enough. Tapirmon stares at him, balefully, and a twisting cloud of half-digested nightmare spews from his nostrils and pours over the Champion digimon!

Nightmare Syndrome! posted:

SidekickBOTToday at 7:34 PM
@The Great Waddler: 1d6 Get'm Tapirmon! = (3) = 3

Damage: 1+1 (Bonus from Moody Kid!

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

"Buddy, I got an idea - hey, ugly! Come get me, y'idiot!" she calls out, and in a brazen act, she throws a fistful of rocks at the trampling Champion to get his attention before pointing. "You can't get me, nyeh nyeh!"

Taunting Ogremon to draw his attention, if that works!

Tapirmon, on a similar wavelength, immediately spews another cloud of nightmare at the Champion - and puffs out a curl of black smoke from his nostril as it fails to do much of anything at all. And then he begins to flutter towards his Tamer, though not very quickly. "Oh bother - I don't seem to have my 'legs' beneath me yet - take care of yourself, Erica!"

Nightmare Syndrome! posted:

@The Great Waddler: 1d6 Tapirmon, attack! = (3) = 3

Tapirmon isn't the fastest tapir... posted:

@The Great Waddler: 1d6 Tapirmon, use Speed to cover me! (This ignores the +2 to Speed I get from Ogremon being slow as butts!) = (5) = 5

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

The girl - despite the heavy blow to the stomach that she took - is hunched over for only a few moments, forcing herself to suck in deep breaths of air before she straigtens with a heavy wince. "Ow...still, didn't hurt as much as it should'a," she mumbles to herself before looking around. First her sharp-eyed gaze locks onto the calming Ogremon, and then she takes a quick inventory of the rest of the kids - she was the only one battered and bruised, so that was fine.

Then her gaze drops down to the Digimon, and a little grin spreads across her face. "Y'did good, bud," she says, and her hand comes down to stroke across Tapirmon's trunk. She straightens again and Tapirmon floats upwards a bit - not that high, but enough to be at head level with the soccer star. "You uh. You shouldn't do things like that," he says, and Erica just grins. "I'll be fiiine. Don't worry, l'il guy! I'm way tougher than I look!"

quote:

[ | | | | | | | | ] E
[ | | | | | | | | | | ] T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Erica Shiki

Erica's remained silent for most of the talk - she wasn't great at dealing with babies an it showed in a bit of discomfort evident on her face, and Tapirmon was hovering a few feet above the ground looking sheepish. As the elderly Digimon finishes speaking and everyone makes their plans, she nods after a bit and speaks up.

"I think that leaves Tuskmon for me and Tapirmon, right?" she asks, and she slowly rises to her feet. "I think we've got this - it'll be easy!" Her words are confident and she has something of a smirk upon her face, but her hands shake - very subtly - and she shoves them into her pockets.

"Uh, are you sure about that, Erica?" Tapirmon asks and she grins. "O'course! We got it, l'il guy!" she answers - and her volume makes the smaller Digimon wince a bit but he nods, and begins to hover just above her shoulder behind her. "Anything we should know before we head out?

quote:

[ | | | | | | | | ] E
[ | | | | | | | | | | ] T