Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Mika Fujinomiya

For the first time since she'd gotten on train several hours ago, Mika allowed herself to relax. Now that she was in the city (and more importantly, in the parts of the city that she was actually allowed to be in without people asking difficult questions, even if it was sort of on a technicality), she was, more or less, home free - there's no way anyone would be able to track her here, after all. Especially in Roppongi. She took a quick selfie next to one of the games - Virtua Fighter, it looked like from a quick glance, but who cared - and then wandered into the crowd, losing herself in the noise. A girl waving one of the plastic guns around and saying some sort of anime nonsense caught her ears, and she drifted over to watch. What was up with that, anyway?

quote:

Skills:
Science and Technology (Computers)*5
Arts&Crafts (Sewing/Fashion) 4
Perception (Night Vision) 2
Social (INTERNET BLOGGING) 3
Academics 2 (Poetry) (Extra Language: English)

Traits and Drawbacks:
Competent (Academics 2, A&C 1, S&T 1)
Anxiety-Prone

Items:
THE LAPTOP (possibly)
1x Cell Phone
1x Sewing Kit
1x Deck of Tarot Cards
1x Train Pass
1x Hand Mirror
???x Pack of Wasabi Gummies
School Supplies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

"Either that or it's, like, actually closing time maybe? I mean, I totally wasn't paying all that much attention. Weird that they didn't yell at us though." Mika blinked owlishly in the wan light as she trotted after Teru, looking a bit lost but not particularly frightened. Publicity stunt made sense. Weird that she didn't see anyone filing out before the power got cut... but again, she was more focused on watching that other girl headshot zombies than anything else, so maybe it didn't matter what she hadn't noticed.

Mika rifled through her bag and came up with her phone, hitting the flashlight and sweeping it around the room quickly - just in case - before she caught up with zombie girl. She ducked out of Teru's way as she did some sort of ginormous overdramatic card swipe through the machine, but her attention was soon grabbed by the console and keyboard. "Here, let me give this a look," she muttered, carefully stepping around the knot of onlookers before giving the keyboard an experimental poke.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

"I dunno, like, loss of sanity... really doesn't sound all that great?" Mika continues poking at the keyboard, trying to get it to pull up, she didn't know, maybe a menu or something. She could work with it from there.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

"Nothing. It just wants a password. This is-." She pauses as Zak speaks up, then switches to English for his benefit. "Needs a password." Back to Japanese, she adds. "I mean, we might as well play along with whatever stunt this is, right? Because, like, the sooner we do that, the sooner everyone jumps out of hiding and goes 'boo' or whatever? So we might as well just all put a token in and see what ha-"

She cuts off suddenly as she finishes digging through her bag, looking a bit sheepish. Whoooops, she hadn't actually bought any tokens earlier - she'd meant to, of course, if only because it'd look less suspicious, but she'd just taken a few moments to reorient herself, then gotten distracted by zombie girl, and then, well... not like she could run and buy some now, could she? Mika glances over at the service counter, wondering if someone would come out of hiding if she tried to steal some tokens, but ultimately decided against it. After all, it was wrong to steal, especially if there was a simpler solution at hand.

"Um, can I, like, bum a token off someone? I'm totally out."

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

After Mika put her token in and fiddled a bit more with the keyboard, everything happened almost too fast to keep track of - the strange smartwatch-ish-kinda looking things appeared, she took one and clipped it to her messenger bag, the group shuffled in - by some sort of consensus, finally - and...

Oh. Oh dear.

She forced herself to keep calm - maybe this was one of those 3D rides that made everything seem like it was happening even if it really wasn't - until she felt the wind (and her hair) whipping around past her ears. Yep, they were really falling. That's when she let out a screech, flailing about wildly in an attempt to grab someone or something or somewhocaresshe'stooyoungtodie.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 6:39 PM
@Leraika: 1d6 shrug = (6) = 6

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

Ughhhh, everything hurt and Mika was pretty sure she was dead. But if she was dead, then she wouldn't be hurting, right? And she wouldn't be arguing with herself about whether she was dead or not. Or would she? It wasn't like she'd ever been dead before, after all. Maybe this really was what the afterlife was like - lots of pain and bright light, searing her eyelids...?

She cautiously opens her eyes, only to find herself face-to-face with several rows of extremely sharp teeth.

"What the ffff-" She starts, rolling to a sitting position with an incredible burst of agility. "Go away! I'm not dead yet, so stop trying to eat me, you vulture!"

By this time, though, the owner of the teeth was bouncing around like a rubber ball, and didn't even appear to notice her outburst. Good? Except now it was talking about being alive for now and-

She followed the weird shark pig's gaze and holy eff yes she was going to die. "R-r-r-ready for what?" she says cautiously, hoping that big, green, and terrifying was more interested in chatty chatty than eaty eaty.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

Now, Mika could have just bailed whenever and left the shark-pig to its fate, but... Nah. She couldn't just leave it behind. Besides, well. Hrm. It'd seemed so happy to see her. Maybe there was a way to solve this where everyone could be happy!

So she turned around and, despite her instincts screaming at her to run as fast as she possibly could until she hit some way of getting out of whatever this is, made her way over to the Ogremon.

"So, uh. I don't actually really have that much money on me, but I've got something even better, if it helps?" She shoves a hand in her bag and comes up with a green foil-wrapped pack of wasabi flavored gummies. "I have to have them specially ordered! Can't get something this tasty just anywhere."

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

Okay, that was... not the reaction she'd been expecting. Distraction, maybe, but not killer robot mode. Without needing any further prompting, Mika scoops up Tokomon and absolutely bails down the forest path, zigzagging deeper into the trees whenever she could - after all, Ogremon was way bigger than she was, maybe having to fight through the trees would slow him down a little.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika and Tokomon

Much to Mika's dismay, Tokomon does not do the smart thing and BAIL, but instead stands its ground.

"Come on, everyone! It's our job to protect the heroes!"

Mika goes pale. "Waitwatwaitwaitwaitwait no don't you DARE run over there and try to fight him, can't we, like, just all get along?"

"But but but but we're the only ones who can stop him!"

"No you're no- LOOK OUT!"

quote:

SidekickBOT
@Leraika: 1d6 dodge too = (4) = 4

Tokomon scoots to the side just in time to avoid the blow, then leaps onto Ogremon's arm and chomps down!

quote:

SidekickBOT
@Leraika: 1d6 also attack = (3) = 3

Unfortunately, despite how pointy and wicked its teeth may have looked to Mika, they just sort of bounce off of the Ogremon's tough skin!

"Stop trying to hit it! Just run!" Mika commands, even though she suspects it's sort of a futile effort.

((OOC: Moving one point from Attack to Speed with NERD POWERS.))

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

Mika makes a grab for the weird thing she'd clipped on her bag when it starts to glow, juggles it between her hands a bit when it slips through her fingers, and finally manages to get a grip on it. Gingerly, she holds it out towards Tokomon. "Um... you know what to do, right?"

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika and Tokomon Penmon

Huh, the shark pig turned into a penguin. That was something that made... some vague sort of sense? It still had the same flappy antenna bits, at least.

"Okay! Let's do this! Hit him with everything you've got!"

Penmon perked up, waving a fin. "Sure thing! Special ultimate sparkling attack - Ice Prism!"

quote:

SidekickBOT
@Leraika: 1d6 Penmon, ride the icecar = (2) = 2

He dove into the air, conjured up an icicle beneath himself, and proceeded to surf it right into Ogremon's face, slapping him twice for good measure before leaping off and hitting the ground again.

"And that's how it's done!"

((OOC note: Nerd powers activate, moving a point from defense to attack.))

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika Fujinomiya

"I'm good. Um. He tried to rob me like he was Robin Hood or something and I thought it was kind of funny but I didn't have any money on me so I offered him a pack of candy instead. He, um, didn't really, like, like it all that much. So I guess this is my fault? I'm really sorry!"

Apologies said and done with, she scoots over to everyone else, though she keeps a very healthy distance from Ogremon, before turning to Erica. "And, um, sorry that you got hurt."

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika and Penmon

Mika plopped herself down in a corner, close enough to Elecmon that she can stick her legs out in front of her but not close enough to scare any of the babies (she hoped). As Jijimon and Babamon warmed up for their explanation of the strange events that had been happening on the island, she took out her laptop to take notes out of habit -- and was pleasantly surprised when it actually did boot up. Interesting.

When the story finished and she'd taken all the notes she could think of, Penmon watching over her shoulder with a mystified expression on his face, she spoke up. "It'd probably make the most sense to, like, check out the thing that crashed? But that means we'll probably end up crossing paths with Mr. Piddomon. And... um, sorry for asking, buuuuut. I keep hearing something about prophecies and heroes; what's that about?"

Penmon waves a flipper. "I can answer that. The prophecy says that in a time of great need, heroes will gather and, with their partner digimon, save the world."

Mika takes this in. "And we're the heroes? I don't, like, feel super heroic."

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika and Penmon

Split up? Wasn't that super dangerous? Mika looked from Penmon, who looked largely unconcerned, to the others, who seemed almost eager to go.

She opened her mouth to say something, then thought better of it. Better to just go than cause an argument, right? And besides, she owed someone...

"We'll, um, like, we'll go with Ogremon, if that's okay with him? And we'll find his friend."

Leraika fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 16, 2018

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika and Penmon

"All right then, I guess it's, like, about time we headed out, right?" Mika closes her laptop and puts it away, only to fish out her phone instead, turning it on and tapping on the maps button-

Wait, no, that was dumb. What was she even thinking?

"Um," she starts, and is quite relieved to close her mouth when Penmon speaks up instead.

"I'm pretty sure I know where we're supposed to be going. Why don't I lead the way? Ogremon can tell us more about his friend as we go."

"Sounds good." Mika gets up, brushes herself off, and the two of them head on out.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika & Penmon

This was... super awkward. Mika trotted after her trailblazing partner in silence, glancing back every so often at Ogremon, who trailed after her. This was so awkward. It wasn't necessarily that she was afraid of Ogremon, per se, it was just that, well, she was kind of terrified of setting him off again. But this silence was starting to drive her nuts.

"So," she started, and winced as the sound echoed way too loudly in her ears. "Um. Well. Sorry about before. No hard feelings, I, um, I suppose?"

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika and Penmon

"That's quite simple," Penmon says airily, waving a flipper. "A Robbing Hood is, well, it's..."

A long pause settled over the group.

"...Robin Hood was, like, a thief who stole from the rich people to help the poor," Mika volunteers.

"Yes! That is exactly what a Robbing Hood is, and not a hat. That would be silly. Yes. Silly indeed." Penmon somehow looks a little relieved.

"The point is, he was, like, someone who found his own way of solving the problems around him. I guess?" Mika sounds determined to turn this into a lesson, somehow.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika and Penmon

"Most people would, but that's why people tell stories about Robin Hood and not other-" Hearing a faint whistling sound, Mika looked up mid-sentence. "-thieeeEEEEEEEEVES lookoutthat'sabigrock!"

Penmon jolted into action at the same time Ogremon did, leaping at the falling rock and hammering at it repeatedly with his wings.

Mika, meanwhile, cowered, frozen in place by the sight of certain doom approaching.

Attack Roll posted:

Sidekick Today at 10:35 AM
@Mika & Penmon: 1d6 = (3) = 3
((Penmon currently has 5 attack, +2 bonus from Ogremon.))

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika and Penmon

"There's a point where we'll, like, be close enough?" Mika manages to get out, but she's already running, awkwardly clutching her laptop bag to keep it from sliding around as she went.

"Past a certain point, he won't be throwing the boulders any more; just swinging them around," Penmon points out, waddlewaddlewaddling to keep up.

"That's not, like, really all that helpful!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Mika and Penmon

"Right, that's, uh, like. Totally a thing I should do yeah," Mika muttered, fiddling furiously with the Digivice in her hand. "I can, uh, do that, I just-" She just didn't know how to, really, and -

"Mika?" Penmon tugged at her skirt, looking baffled that his tamer had just sort of suddenly stopped moving. "Do remember that we are in a situation where we don't have the luxury of standing around."

"Oh, um. Right!" Mika shook her head. "Well, even if I don't know how you managed to Digivolve the first time, we'll make it through. You're tougher than anyone else I've met, no matter what form you've got. Let's do this!" With that, she started running towards Golemon, Penmon waddling as fast as he could behind her.