Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Also very much looking forward to this let's play; I very much enjoyed your play through of the first one.

By the way, does anyone know if this is coming out for the Switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

azsedcf posted:

Playing through this right now. Having lots of fun, but oh my god... some of the puzzles and traps are specifically designed to gently caress with people coming from the first game.

I too have started playing this myself, and I have lost any and all right to criticize Agent355 for falling by hitting bats.

I will say though, one thing that I don't think was mentioned about the controls - if you jump off a ledge, you can control the direction you fall. If you walk off a ledge, you fall straight down and never gain control. There is usually (always) a spike waiting for you if you fall offscreen as well.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Funnily enough, I found Loki behind the screen by accident. Where I got stuck (and I posted in the thread about it), was when you kicked Loki out of that spot, he went through the wall beneath him, and I had no idea that the miniboss you fought would spawn in the empty throne room. I did appreciate your hint though - it got me to find the miniboss and progress enough to finish out the area.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

la-mulana 2 might seem kinda generic at first with the mythology given that a lot of games tend to dip into norse poo poo pretty readily, but trust me, it absolutely goes into the vaguely batshit territories that the first game did with this stuff.

Turns out there's mythology out there that includes a horse that shits fire. No idea if it comes back for the sequel, but that was absolutely a thing from the first game.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Einwand posted:

Showing the repeated trips to the hot springs is an integral part of the La Mulana 2 experience. So many trips to the hotsprings. :negative:

I really wish I could get little flags or warning cones that I could put down next to every trapdoor that I fall into. Xelpud's trying to turn this place into a tourist trap, right? Surely he'd like the assistance?

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

CountryMatters posted:

The puzzle for the glove pissed me off so bad because I figured the clue was just to avoid the arrow traps. I looked away and sort of sidle-walked up to the chest without getting shot by looking away constantly, but since it was still closed, I assumed that I needed to push the block somehow and it was a two-part puzzle.
I ended up doing practically everything else you can do and seeing all the other areas before getting frustrated and looking it up online because the glove is needed basically everywhere

Amusingly, I was about to look up the solution and happened to be standing facing the other direction while I was getting ready to look it up.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

So you had to look away from the treasure?

Haha, well played.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Deathwind posted:

You are more likely do die to fairy caused divine retribution than the fairy actually being helpful these days...

Or the fairy breaking a pot full of money/sub weapons that's out of reach when it does so.

I think I summoned one once to try it, nearly died for my trouble, and then proceeded to never use it again.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

Wait, how old is Lemeza Kosugi?

Dad is 38, grandpa is 66, according to the previous page glossary entries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Jade Star posted:

There was an item to make you immune to bats, and you left it till near the end? What the hell? Seeing how much you run into bats during the LP I would have thought that would be the first thing you rush for.

Thing is that by the time you get it, you don't run into bats anymore. There are a lot of flying enemies and projectiles, but they're not classed as bats.