Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Laptop In Question

This has happened a few time, but my laptop when I play Overwatch will disconnect from the match after about twenty minutes or so. The wifi at this point stops working all together for about two minutes. Prior to this I hear the game sound start lagging as well. I wanted this laptop to play Overwatch while traveling, but it near useless with this issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Might not be game related. The wifi adapter it has seems to turn off for a minute after a few hours of use.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

If your laptop's WiFi module is easy to replace, swap it out for another one. Try to get one of the same model, because Lenovo is a garbage company that uses a whitelist for approved WiFi modules.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Geemer posted:

If your laptop's WiFi module is easy to replace, swap it out for another one. Try to get one of the same model, because Lenovo is a garbage company that uses a whitelist for approved WiFi modules.

I probably just going to have to live with it. I don't to take the thing apart to swap network cards, as prior to this I had another 2 in 1 laptop that I was going to add a SSD, but it got messed up and was fried. Thankfully it was still under Amazon return policy so I got my money back.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Rirse posted:

I probably just going to have to live with it. I don't to take the thing apart to swap network cards, as prior to this I had another 2 in 1 laptop that I was going to add a SSD, but it got messed up and was fried. Thankfully it was still under Amazon return policy so I got my money back.

there are usb wifi sticks that work perfectly well, no need to swap network cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

there are usb wifi sticks that work perfectly well, no need to swap network cards.

Think I will do this. Is there a good one on Amazon. While it easy to just spend 15 on a wifi card there, I don't want something that is going to have the same issue by going cheap.

• Locked thread