Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

OutofSight posted:

What kind of hellmouth of alternate dimension has pear computers running with viewports 8?

If the IT threads in here are any indication, it's not that uncommon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

especially genji's death

wrong thread :cripes:

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Aug 11, 2018

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm sure it will be fine.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I don't know, that sounds much better than having my rear end on a chair all day, everyday.

I would have packed a lunch and some snacks, though, plus a few packs of Duracells made in this decade at least.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

load-bearing channel gates

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I was going to jokingly post that Markku is the worst urbexer there is, but then he almost blew the place up.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It was also very fortunate that the one of the few things that were working was the emergency stop button.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Is that the same dude from the elevator hacking and lockpicking?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It's literally safer to drink beer than to drink that city's water.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

The final set of offices- you may have noticed a set of different charts with numbers and letters in them (one at ~35:30 and iirc some others somewhere else in the office). Give them a closer look; they're one of the nastier puzzles in the ARG I was working on when real life picked up and I had to step away.

As far as I can tell from discussing it with other players, you used all the known numbers at the phone.

Were the websites shown in the water treatment plant computer ever a thing that was accessible while the ARG was going on? I tried accessing them but, naturally, they were offline.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

That's literally his job.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

How much cash does Markku has in his account? :v:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I didn't look too deeply but the flag can be either Lesotho (but the colors are in the wrong order, the bell is missing and the white band is of the wrong size), Sierra Leone (but the colors are darker than the actual flag, and the white band is of the wrong size), or UAE (but I don't think it has the red stripe, the bottom color is dark blue instead of black, and the white band is also of the wrong size).

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Probably the metro workers strike took care of that.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

My family had that exact rug too!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Oh yeah I have to say that I laughed a lot when Selenic fell repeatedly from that ladder. Source ladders are so :allears:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

So when you were powering the castle stuff were you de-powering the houses? If you went back to the party house would they be there, cheering in the dark.

Party house has a generator of their own, so they should be fine.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Solumin posted:

I'm really glad Mark's coworkers all had horror stories. It helps enforce the suspension of disbelief for me: they're all actually civil engineer Terminators, risking life and limb to inspect and repair thge crumbling metropolis, while dealing with corruption, mushrooms and Teddy bears. Sure, Mark's had the worst day by far (e.g. caught in an exploding power plant) but it could have happened to any of them, and they all would have survived it.

It's like playing a James Bond game and talking to the other 00 agents about their top secret, globetrotting missions.

Maybe we were The Engineer all along

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm glad that the toilet flushing training you did in the previous chapters paid off.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Reminder that we are going through this because Mark didn't want to lift a flimsy roadblock.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

That's for Mark's personal collection

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm so mad that the Perkele line was cut off.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

They could have paused the timer during the keypad conversation and resumed it when the conversation ended.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

Was it a core breach that was happening at that time? Hard to ask for it to stop getting warmer when you were listening to a plot dump.

You can do it if you are the game developer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Thanks for the LP!

I think the biggest thing I would change in the game would be to not have the Markku's Journey of Getting Back to the Office and just do more self-contained maps that you could go back and forth, or maybe have various days where the set of maps that you could tackle change based on the current day or something like that.

Another thing is that I felt a lot like we weren't making any progress, especially when we were anywhere underground. It just felt like an endless tunnel after the other...

As it is, though, it's still very interesting and different, and I'm glad it exists.