Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Office saunas aren't common but they do exist on larger office buildings. Of course, a lot of other facilities that you wouldn't think would have them have them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
71 ABV Pontikka is pretty strong stuff. Also, I'm pretty certain the NPP mentioned in the newspaper is referencing the tower of Babel that is the Olkiluoto 3 reactor project.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

chitoryu12 posted:

Even Parliament has a sauna.

That is to be expected since it's the best place to negotiate delicate matters in a timely but effective manner.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
When he does have to talk about the corpse, he'll just be called as a witness to say "I found it in rotting asbestos-filled shithole in this particular area and only because I've been paid to audit the whole area for the sake of determining the cost of defucking it"

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
IMO the reason why Markku doesn't contribute that much is because he prefers to spend his money to drink at home like a true working class Finn.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
That most certainly is gonna make for an interesting story to tell over a few beers.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

The dam made some kind of sense. (Is two-phase generator power a thing in Finland?)

What the hell are these water channel gates?

It could be so that the dam was originally built for providing electric arc furnaces with an immense shitload of power.

But yes, it's still a thing here.

As for gates, I assume they're there to control flooding in case there's an excess of rain and the river would become quite the hazard anyone downstream.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I don't think it's that, instead I bet it's just food poisoning.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I'm pretty certain those large switch-boxes you asked about are related to controlling various bits of heating, lighting and power going to different parts of the facility.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Any bets on what sorts of gasses would even be in that amount to start the whole facility to shake that much?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Ratoslov posted:

What the hell is all this machinery doing here? I mean, this place is hooked up to the rail network. Even if they couldn't find another buyer for it intact, I'm sure it'd be worth enough in scrap value alone to be worth clearing the place out during the bankruptcy period.

I'd also complain about the place being on the power and gas lines, but I think we can safely say that absolutely everyone involved in infrastructure in this place is completely incompetent and wouldn't even think to notice a little thing like massive power/gas leaks tied to the old abandoned factory.

I'm guessing all the creditors were happy with selling out the inventory of rolled steel and clearing out the offices. Besides, scrapping the industrial equipment itself is a remarkably complex and challenging task.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Summer Car Center is actually a reference to a farcical event that was the Sunny Car Center's attempt at actually becoming a thing. Long story short, the businessman leading a project meant to be the largest car dealership in all of Europe managed to lose 150 000 € to a Nigerian prince scam. The people who were planning on selling the land backed out when they heard this so basically the only thing that resulted from it was a very tall advertising pole that stood in Hämeenlinna for a while becoming a distinctive landmark and a source of comedy amongst all of Finland for a few years while the business man responsible went bankrupt owing a lot of money to a lot of other people.

Incidentally, the people who made INFRA also happened to have their offices in the same building as our heroic idiot of a businessman who fell for the most basic of scams.

As for the pole, it is dismantled now but it still lives in memories and memes.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

In his attempt to turn off the power, Mark inadvertently causes a massive gas explosion that levels the neighbourhood we're in.

With all the effort the developers have put into this it still does an excellent job of showing why point-and-click adventure/puzzle games died off and are still dead. The only way that forklift puzzle could've been made more dickish is if they allowed you to pour regular gasoline or some random motor oil into the tank, permanently loving the engine and making the game unwinnable. Still doesn't explain why you couldn't just extend the forks (like on a normal forklift) and instead had to push it around with an empty oil drum.

They should have just made the other lever there not be present, which i assume controls that part of the forklift. Alternatively, it's a one where it controls the pitch of the forks rather than the spread of them.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Ratoslov posted:

Good job, Markku. Your dumb obsession with doing your job has dragged you off to the deepest depths of Finnish hell. You idiot.

He hasn't been stuck in Kouvola with zero liquor in sight so it's not the deepest hell yet.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Jaffe looks to be a pretty obvious Jaffa parody

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I'm 3 minutes in and I am 110 percent certain the kebab place being run by Aziz is a reference to the Kummeli sketch about middle-eastern propaganda and terrorism, especially with the Combat Fighter thingy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AAX_wFvPAg

For anyone watching these, keep in mind these are all pre-9/11.

Triple A fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 8, 2018

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
And the next game Loiste is making about Stahlburg has just been announced, which will be about making alcoholic drinks, eating mushrooms to get high and living in depressing concrete blocks. Basically, it's the urban Finland simulator to My Summer Car's rural Finland simulator.

Triple A fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 9, 2018

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I guess their metro system looked at the tram bar that's in Helsinki and thought "We can one up this dinky thing!"

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Man, they really just like leaving those fuel rods around just on the station dock.

Also, I think the intriguing thing in room G5 is the noose that you didn't notice but I noticed it at 19:34

As for the question of rotting bodies, maybe the area has enough radiation to kill most common bacteria and thus creating a red-forest type area where nothing really decays any more.

Triple A fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 14, 2018

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Mycroft Holmes posted:

i'm just still thinking about the fact this whole conspiracy was to produce a Finnish nuclear bomb. This is completely at odds with Finlands defense policy during the cold war.

I think the whole thing is more inspired by the Swedish attempt at the program.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

BernieLomax posted:

Gifu is incidentally the septic truck in my summer car

The joke of it is that Sisu is a company that makes trucks; while there also is a commonly available pastille by the name of Sisu. The candy's usage of Fraktur lettering confuses people.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I wouldn't be surprised if Marko's store was a reference to Markorepairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4iw8Ppo1o

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Zeniel posted:

Barkeep has let the 100 Rads bar fall into disrepair, meanwhile Monolith's Brain Scorcher is on the fritz and Freedom have started growing hallucinogenic mushrooms.

So, business as usual?

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I see Turnip Hill is really gonna be indulging in the suicide apartment soviet cubes that make up the shittier neighborhoods of Finland.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
I'm pretty certain observing a nuclear containment vessel from below when it's incandescent is a very exciting sight to see for anybody who might have the misfortune of doing so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Is there a part under your jaw that is particularly sensitive to radiation and there are pills made to protect it?

If you're talking of thyroid and iodine pills, they basically are just there to ensure no iodine-131 gets there to give you thyroid cancer.