Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I have never even heard of this game but the first episode seemed fun so I'll be following this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

What happens to the train if it crashes into the tree? Does it keep going, or crash? What does the result look like?

Also seems to me like there might be even more random deaths possible. You can clearly walk onto the tracks from the tree, so you can walk towards the incoming train and perhaps even a ways into the train tunnel on the other side if you're fast enough.

And can you use the lift while you only fixed the engine, not the brakes?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Tombot posted:

Oh god, taking photos while also trying to control a raft, bleh.

Reminds me of shooting your bow on horseback in Zelda.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Today in the news:

Some government worker who worked for a local sewer service was sacked for committing fraud. When he heard, he went to gently caress up the sewer service's computer systems and started a bunch of pumps while the outlets were closed. He nearly caused a rather lovely disaster and got a quite long community service sentence for all that.

It immediately reminded me of this LP.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I actually find it surprising how huge this game is, especially for an indie title.

Like, we've been in so many environments already, and we're not even halfway through?

The only problem is that the reused assets make it look samey after a while. In retrospect, the forest area you start out in with the village and stuff was one of the most interesting parts.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

Well that was a rather pointless side trip with a pretty dumb payoff.

Also I believe that place is an underground flood water storage place.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_Area_Outer_Underground_Discharge_Channel

I was going to link to this one because it's a much older and much cooler one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_Cistern (6th century)

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Halfway through the vid, but already some comments:
Roy Dijkstra - well, Dijkstra is a not uncommon Dutch name. The 'ij' ligature is a single vowel and the closest you can get to it in English is dike-stra. Edsger Dijkstra was a famous computer science pioneer.

Quick google search - there are actually several people called Roy Dijkstra. I'm gonna guess one of them is just a friend of one of the game developers.

At 17:14 - I think those graphs are an actual mass spectrum and an actual NMR spectrum. It's a neat touch although it does make the scribbled notes really funny, because every set of peaks in a mass spectrum refers to a chunk of a molecule that was broken up by the mass spectrometer. Looking at them together allows you to deduce what the original molecule was. The "over limits" and "very high" scribbles are like saying: "oh no this carbohydrate molecule contains lots of carbons and lots of hydrogens who would ever have expected that".

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Those car license plates had the country code "TSL" on them. What country would that be?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

Stalburg might only have zinc-carbon batteries, but they have the latest memory cards. Unless all photos are shot in VGA resolution and highest compression.

Any idea how many photos Mark has taken by now?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dance Officer posted:

Well that's interesting. The demon core achievement refers to the actual demon core btw. Basically in the good old days of nuclear science you'd reach criticality (nuclear reaction and massive amounts of radiation) by placing a reflector material over a ball of nuclear material (a core) by hand, and if you didn't do this exactly right you'd be exposed to a massive amount of radiation and die. The demon core in real life was one such ball that had a bit of a habit of killing people.

You forgot to say that during the original, real life, Demon Core experiments they literally propped up the half shell by sticking a screw driver under it. When the screw driver gave way, the person in the room died. That's the second person to be killed by the Demon Core, btw.

This is a recreation of what the thing would've looked like:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

There are routes at either end by which trucks could have come in; they're fenced off.

I think the INFRA devs probably actually fully modeled all of the spaces for internal geometric consistency- they're obsessive sticklers for stuff like that.

So, if you were to count the distance you're moving vertically through every level, you never actually end up in a place that is clearly underground but logically should be way above ground or vice versa? And do the distances match the town map we've seen? I've lost track.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I physically facepalmed.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Why the hell does that synchrometer device have what sounds like hours and minutes on the dial then?

Sounds like bull to me.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Solumin posted:

The other day I was at the train station during a rain storm. There was a ton of water coming down where there shouldn't have been any.
A pipe had a leak in it.

I took a picture.

You're a goon, not a Markku.

Please be doing the needful and post your picture in the OSHA thread or something.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I was thinking, the next part gotta have a lot of flashlight batteries sitting around just to troll the player.

...Except if it doesn't, because they explicitly wanted to troll those who didn't take the new flashlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for the LP. This game is... certainly a game.