Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«11 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Baba, the Savvyhead, played by paradoxGentlemen
Dame LaBelle, the Skinner, played by GodFish
Hemlock, the Savvyhead, played by Tricky
Honeydew, the Battlebabe, played by Shardix
Jayna, the Gunlugger, played by Mykkel
Red, the Driver, played by Tardzilla
Shi Shi the Maestro D’, played by Xwytsau

--------------------------

Hemlock: You’re in your workshop, looking over the forestry exosuit. Have you thought of a way to learn about it? But whatever you were planning on doing is going to have to be put on hold, as you hear the sound of motorcycles slowly coming up to the place. They stop nearby, and you hear a group of people walking up and start banging on the metal door. “Hey! Hemlock! Flintjack wants your services!” What do you do?

Honeydew: Mice and the Butcher Boys are celebrating the job you helped them on, talking about how Josiah will finally have to get more security. “It’s a miracle, loving tightwad” Mice says happily. Are you joining in the celebration or keeping to yourself? Regardless, you realize that while Pellet is talking with the rest of the Boys she’s watching and keeping a close distance to you. What did you do to piss her off recently? What do you do?

Jayna: Gnarly, one of the Mayor’s lead assistants, is having a talk with you in the Forgotten Stone Cafe. “Thank you for meeting me with me,” she says as she drinks her coffee. “Now then, Jayna. About those pistolpines you were supposed to take care of.” She looks at you. “They’re getting in the way of having a route to Anvil. What’s the hold up?” What problem have you run into while trying to get rid of the pistolpines?

Shi Shi: It’s an average in the Forgotten Stone Cafe, currently in a period of low activity. One of your customers stumbles up to you. “Oh, uh, hey Shi.” It’s Hail Mary, one of Madam Weevil’s workers. He looks super nervous. “Hey, so, uh, you know…” Uh oh. Hail Mary doesn’t usually blather on like this unless he’s hosed something up, so whatever’s coming up isn’t good news. “I, uh, I think one of Boss Moss’s people kind of...you know. Took something from me. Um. It might have been. You know. A little bit of Sap?” He mumbles the last part. What do you do?


Everyone except Shi Shi pay 1 barter for your lifestyle


--------------------------

OOC Thread
Hx/NPC list

Map of the world

Rules:
1) Please put your character sheet in a quote block at the bottom of your first post, and keep it updated as the game goes on.
2) Make one move or roll per post, ask me if you want an exception for some reason.
3) When your Hx with someone changes, edit the Google Doc spreadsheet with the new number.
Good luck

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at Mar 27, 2019 around 05:43

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 0/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

Yeah, I've got a few thoughts on how to get this sawbucket up and running. Sometimes, when I get really into working with something, it talks to me, right? I can usually finesse a little something-something out of a piece of broken tech on how to get it all fixed up and beautiful again. If that don't work, for whatever reason, I'll have to get a little more experimental. Maybe put something new together that gives me answers, maybe just ask someone in town. I'm loving joking on that last bit, by the way. These apes? They wouldn't know old world tech if it was giving them gently caress eyes.

Of course, I don't even have time to make a pass at my beauty before another loving emergency comes to my door. Flintjack? Don't think I've done work with him and his before. The bikes sound for poo poo, so it might be a big job... which could go either way. Either it's enough to get some real fuckin' tech in my pocket, maybe something that gives me a lead on my baby, or it'll be a real shitshow. Either or. I slide open the little panel, keeping the main door closed up, and say, "Aight, I'm listening, but before you waste my goddamn time... two things. A: What's the loving job? B: Anyone tell you how this poo poo works?"

Paid one barter for lifestyle.

The Savvyhead posted:

Name: Hemlock
Look: Woman, Utility wear plus tech, Pretty face, Appraising eyes, Wiry body

Stats:
Cool -1
Hard =0
Hot +1
Sharp +1
Weird +2

Moves:
Things speak: whenever you handle or examine something interesting, roll+weird. On a hit, you can ask the MC questions. On a 10+, ask 3. On a 7–9, ask 1:
• Who handled this last before me?
• Who made this?
• What strong emotions have been most recently nearby this?
• What words have been said most recently nearby this?
• What has been done most recently with this, or to this?
• What’s wrong with this, and how might I fix it?
Treat a miss as though you’ve opened your brain to the world’s psychic maelstrom and missed the roll.

Spooky intense: when you do something under fire, stand overwatch, or bait a trap, roll+weird instead of roll+cool.

Gear:
Battered and patched-up old-world technician's uniform, with all sorts of tech (1-armor)
A bunch of dangerous tools (2-harm hand infinite)
A battered, but well-maintained shotgun (3-harm close messy)
Oddments worth 5-barter

Workspace:
Choose which of the following your workspace includes. Choose 3: a garage, a darkroom, a controlled growing environment, skilled labor (Carna, Thuy, Pamming, eg), a junkyard of raw materials, a truck or van, weird rear end electronica, machining tools, transmitters & receivers, a proving range, a relic of the golden age past, booby traps.

When you go into your workspace and dedicate yourself to making a thing, or to getting to the bottom of some poo poo, decide what and tell the MC. The MC will tell you “sure, no problem, but…” and then 1 to 4 of the following:
• It’s going to take hours/days/weeks/months of work.
• First you’ll have to get/build/fix/figure out —— .
• You’re going to need —— to help you with it.
• It’s going to cost you a fuckton of jingle.
• The best you’ll be able to do is a crap version, weak and unreliable.
• It’s going to mean exposing yourself (plus colleagues) to serious danger.
• You’re going to have to add —— to your workplace first.
• It’s going to take several/dozens/hundreds of tries.
• You’re going to have to take —— apart to do it.

The MC might connect them all with “and,” or might throw in a merciful “or.”

Once you’ve accomplished the necessaries, you can go ahead and accomplish the thing itself. The MC will stat it up, or spill, or whatever it calls for.

Projects:
— Fixing up an old-world forestry exosuit.
——FIRST you'll have to figure out how to work this kind of suit.
——AND it's going to take weeks of work.
——AND it's going to cost you a fuckton of jingle
——OR the best you'll be able to do is a crap version, weak and unreliable.

Hx:
On your turn, ask either or both:
• Which of you is the most strange? For those characters, write Hx+1.
• Which one of you is the biggest potential problem? For that character, write Hx+2.
For everyone else, write Hx-1. You’ve got other stuff to do and other stuff to learn.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1| Hard+2 | Hot -1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 1/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

"Always have time for coffee with you Gnarly." Shame she's loyal to the Mayor, I don't really like gettin' involved with him, but the jingle was too good this time.
Jayna leans back as she considers Gnarly's question. "Well the problem is I'm having a spot of trouble finding assholes that I trust with petrol, yet dumb enough to get close to pistolpines. It's not a common combination. Mayor's going to have to be patient. . ."

quote:


Look:
Woman, custom home-made armor, bony face, sad eyes, stringy body

Stats:
Cool +1 Hard+2 Hot -1 Sharp+1 Wierd 0

Gear:
assault rifle (3-harm close/far loud autofire)
magnum (3-harm close reload loud)
silencer (remove loud from any of your guns)
machete (3-harm hand messy)
armor 2 (kevlar lined clothing)
1 barter

Moves:
gently caress this poo poo: name your escape route and roll+hard. On a 10+, sweet, you’re gone.
On a 7–9, you can go or stay, but if you go it costs you: leave something behind, or take
something with you, the MC will tell you what. On a miss, you’re caught vulnerable, half
in and half out.

Battlefield instincts: when you open your brain to the world’s psychic maelstrom,
roll+hard instead of roll+weird, but only in battle.

Prepared for the inevitable: you have a well-stocked and high-quality 􀃫rst aid kit. It
counts as an angel kit (cf ) with a capacity of 2-stock.

HX:

Honeydew Hx-2
Shi Shi Hx+2
Hemlock Hx+3

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard=0 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Weird=0
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


I hung back, sitting on a pile of old tires as these idiots slapped themselves on the back and passed around a jug of what I was pretty sure was battery acid. Certainly smelled like it. But oh, they were real fired up about this. To their minds, hiring me was the best jingle they'd ever spent. Steady work was on the horizon and nobody would have to go to bed hungry again!

Not that I could really blame them. I wasn't known for my long term planning either. But it still begged the question: How long before Josiah put two and two together and sent Jayna over here to put the fear of Dog into the Butcher Boys? A week? Two weeks? Or would he play it cool and get some use out of them before Jayna turned them all into abstract art? Well, whatever. They paid me to do a job, not advise them of the long term trouble that might arise from it. It simply wasn't my problem - beyond the fact that the gunlugger saw my face. Sloppy of me, but I honestly thought she was down for the count.

Problems for tomorrow. Problem for today was Pellet. She's ambitious. Very, very ambitious. So the other day she pulled me aside and painted me a vivid picture of the future. Her ruling over a hardhold with an iron fist, doing as she pleases with an army of mean bastards obeying her every whim. Her first step towards this goal is arranging for Mice to have an accident, and she wanted my help to do it. I think she has this idea of us being partners, and she didn't take my utter disinterest well at all. She screamed and pleaded and threatened to do a great many anatomically improbable things to me if I didn't agree, and my reply that I didn't actually care only served to infuriate her even more. I can only guess that she's working up the nerve to make a go at me.

I stretch luxuriously before hopping off my perch and sauntering over to her, a hand on my hip. I stopped just inside her personal space - just close enough to be uncomfortable. "Are you intentionally making bedroom eyes at me, or is this what angry looks like on you?" It was so easy to get under her skin, I just can't help myself. When I see a button I can't help but push it.

1 barter spent on lifestyle.

quote:

name: Honeydew
look: woman, casual wear, girlish face, arresting eyes, slim body

stats:
Cool+3
Hard=0
Hot+2
Sharp+1
Weird=0

moves:
ice cold
impossible reflexes
fury
addicted (raw flesh)
the lily of the pits (raw flesh)

contamination:
inhuman strength and reflexes
inhuman flexibility
inhuman resilience


gear:
bat (2-harm hand messy)
chipped glass knife (3-harm intimate)
little black dress, well maintained combat boots, canvas duffel bag slung across her back

Red hx+2
Baba hx-1
Dame LaBelle hx+1

improvements:
+1 hot
+1 hard

Shardix fucked around with this message at Mar 20, 2019 around 04:15

Xwytsau
Jul 29, 2018

Oh god.

They're gonna fuck it up again.



Shi Shi the Maestro D'
Cool +1| Hard-1 | Hot +2 | Sharp 0 | Wierd +1
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 2

Fantastic. "Taking Sap off the premises of the cafe is forbidden, Mary. But I thank you for your honesty. In light of that you may still purchase coffee, tea, and small badly nourishing sandwiches. Next week. Please leave."
Moss was a fool, and the secret to Sap was not something that could be gleaned just by staring at a sample. Still. Best see what could be done. He assembled the cast.
"Put your ears to work on Boss Moss. Our security here is compromised by that poison peddling huckster. Dolma, you and your brothers are not to harvest until this matter is dealt with. Daw, start rationing out our current stores. Hatira, debrief with me at the end of your shift. Back to work everybody."

"Everybody eats, even that guy" = 11
Questions: "Who do they know, like and/or trust?", "How could I get to them, physically or emotionally?", & "What or who do they love best?"

The Maestro D' posted:

Name: Shi Shi
Look:

Stats:
Cool +1
Hard -1
Hot +2
Sharp 0
Weird +1

Moves:


Gear:


Forgotton Stone Cafe:
Main Attraction: Coffee
Side attractions: Drinks, Drugs
Atmosphere: Quiet, Restraint, Chill
Security: secrecy, passwords, codes & signals, invites-only, vouching, etc; Everybody's packing ( 2-harm gang small 0-armor)

Cast:
Auntie Daw: A sweet old grandma who oversees the kitchen.
Yasuke: The doorman.
Gyatso, Tenzin, Dolma: Three siblings who harvest and process the sap
Hatira, Sari, Jonsu, Bangisu, Just-Sue: The serving girls. Cook, clean, murder.

Hx:
• Honeydew +2
• Hemlock +3
• Jayna +1

Xwytsau fucked around with this message at Aug 17, 2018 around 00:59

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Hemlock: You see several people standing outside, with weapons in hand. But they have them pointed at the ground for now. The man in front meets your eyes through the panel. "Yes, we're aware of how you do business. My name is Rice, I was appointed to represent Flintjack for this trade. He says he has something that might interest you, but if not he also has the money to pay. He would like you build him a grenade launcher." Not exactly fixing bikes, and do you want to give Flintjack access to something so dangerous? He's after Shi Shi's place, you just know you'll be handing him something to use against the Forgotten Stone Cafe. What do you do?

Jayna: "Well, not many people have your skills. Or that," she says as she motions toward your assault rifle. "The Mayor wants to open the route soon. If you can't do it, let us know and we can always hire someone else." She takes a drink from her cup. "If I were you, I'd work on fixing your reputation after that disaster in Saint Luke's." You can see she feels she has the upper hand here - if she thinks you can't do the job she'll just give it to someone else. She has no reason to back off. Even if you threaten her or something she'll just leave and let the Mayor know what's going on. What do you do?

Honeydew: Pellet glares at you. "gently caress you," she says. She takes her gun out and points it at you. But in that brief moment, before she pulls the trigger, out of the corner of your eye you see Mice's gaze land on the two of you...and then he pretends like he didn't notice Pellet pulling out the SMG and looks elsewhere. What do you do?

Shi Shi: Hail Mary appears like he wants to argue his case, but takes one look at your face and decides not to push it. "Okay, well, you know. Sorry. Bye." He hustles out of the cafe as quickly as possible. As Hatira goes around talking to people, Auntie Daw does a recount of the Sap, and the siblings start talking to each other.

Some time later, Hatira comes back to you. "Apparently Boss Moss has appointed a woman named Foster to watch over his son Twice. Seems he thinks the kid's ready to learn business. The two of them are usually out together every day. And it seems like Moss is trying to figure out how to get you to talk to him about joining together - I think you could get close to him if you pretend like you're interested in the idea." What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 0/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

I give him a bit of a look, tryin' to figure out whether this is one of those things where I'm gettin' ripped off, and say, "Yeah? If the price is right, we can talk business. What's this thing that Flintjack's got? I ain't expectin' it up front or nothin', but if it's that good I can put your launcher on the top of my fuckin' to-do list."

Now, don't get me wrong. I ain't hopping at the chance to backstab Shi Shi so much as potentially gettin' to expand the range of stimuli I've seen him deal with... and maybe this thing's as good as Rice says, even. Though I do fuckin' love that bean juice Shi Shi's got on tap. You can't just find that anywhere. What a fuckin' spot. Though, I guess I could always make the launcher and maybe sweet-talk Jayna or Honeydew into cleaning that mess up before it gets all over the place... plus, hey, free 'nade shooter. I'm sure Jayna wouldn't say no to that sorta firepower.

For curiosity's sake, what would the project require?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


Staring Pellet down, I watched a drop of sweat roll down her forehead. She was really angry; unreasonably so. You'd think I had sold her out to Mice or something with a reaction like this. Yet here I was, about to have a pound of lead added to the ounce of steel already in my skull. As she stared at me, trying to force her finger to pull the trigger, I let my knife slip into my hand.

"Hey. There's no need for that." She twitched, distracted for the briefest of moments.

Honeydew will attempt to use her lightning reflexes to seize Pellet's gun hand by the wrist and slip behind her, knife to the woman's throat and the SMG now forcibly aimed at her comrades. Roll to Go Aggro? Or is that more like Seize by Force? Either way, I could see having to Act Under Fire first.

edit: @Honeydew: 2d6+3 Act Under Fire vs Pellet = (1+3)+3 = 7

Shardix fucked around with this message at Aug 10, 2018 around 02:17

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 1/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1


"Tell the Mayor to relax, should be handled in the next week or so. Takes longer, I'll let him keep half the fee." Jayna swallows the last of her coffee. "Excuse me, times wastin', and I've a need to speak with Shi Shi."

Jayna wanders over to be in Shi Shi's line of sight, and waits for an appropriate moment to speak to him.

Assuming he makes time to talk to her. . .

"Afternoon Shi Shi, I'm in need of some desparate fools to assist me with a gig, care to give me the names of a few that have been on your no sap list for a while, and won't be coming off soon?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Hemlock: "It's this square thing," Rice begins to motion the size and shape with his hands. "It seems to gain some color when we have it out in the sun." You realize that the shape he's making, plus what he's describing happening, means it's likely an old world solar powered vehicle battery - the kind that could power something like the machine you have in the workshop. What do you do?

Making the grenade launcher is going to take about a week or two of work, and you'll need a lot of jingle for the parts but Flintjack will likely cover that part

Honeydew: You take your knife out, but Pellet sees your intention and pulls the trigger. "gently caress you!" The first few bullets go wide and fly off into the forest. The rest of the Butcher Boys finally notice what's going on, but everyone seems too surprised to act right away. What do you do?

Jayna: "All right then," Gnarly says. She resumes slowly drinking her coffee.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


I winced as the gunshots hammered at my ears, sending them ringing. Nothing for it, then. I had no real wish to kill this girl...but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either, if it came to that. Stepping forward right into Pellet's personal space, I ducked and grabbed hold of her calves and hauled backwards with everything I had.

Aiming to yank Pellet's legs out from under her and send her sprawling on her back.

@Honeydew: 2d6-1 seize by force vs Pellet = (1+3)-1 = 3
I will take definite and undeniable hold.

Shardix fucked around with this message at Aug 11, 2018 around 04:52

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 0/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

I look a little interested. I could definitely use a solar battery or three. I say, "Yeah, that'd be worth my time. This thing's gonna need a fuckton of parts, though, y'know? So here's the score: He gets me the parts or the jingle for 'em, I make that poo poo, then he gets the launcher when I get the box. Deal?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Honeydew: Pellet aims the gun down at you, firing away before you grab ahold of her legs and send her flying down. You gracefully move out of the way though, and only the deafening sound of gunfire and bright flash affect you.

@Heliotrope: 2d6+1 Harm roll = (2+2)+1 = 5
You take no Harm from Pellet


"I'LL loving KILL YOU!" Pellet continues yelling, but you have her pinned down and she can't actually do anything at the moment. It takes a moment for the ringing to fade and you realize the Butcher Boys are looking behind you, as if they were waiting for an order. But when you take a glance, you just see Mice walking over.

"Ladies, ladies, what's going on?" Mice says this in a light hearted manner, as if the two of you are having an argument instead of Pellet trying to gun you down. What do you do?

Hemlock: "Sounds like a deal to me," Rice says. "I'll let him know the terms of this agreement." He motions to the rest of the group, and they all head back to their bikes. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

I watch a moment longer, waiting for the roar of engines as Rice goes to do whatever the gently caress, then close my little window and turn back to my beauty. My brain's already on fire thinkin' of all the things I can do for her with an honest to god solar battery. It'd give me the juice I need for sure, then there's the hydraulics and the artificial muscle to consider... I run my hand along the rusted out saw assembly, tracing a finger along the feed line from the pressurized fuel tanks. I've found pieces of the problem, I know, but there's just something deeper inside that needs fixing. I can machine the stuff for the exterior, given enough time and scrap, that's no problem.

I whisper, "Tell me, babe, how can I make you whole again?"

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 11:09 PM
@Hemlock: 2d6+2 things speak = (4+2)+2 = 8

XP and asking:
• What’s wrong with this, and how might I fix it?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


I flicked a glance towards Mice as I clicked open my knife and pressed it to Pellet's throat.

"Your subordinate can't take a hint. I don't take sides. But since Pellet seems bound and determined to see this resolved, let's skip to the denouement. She wanted my help in killing you. I'm not interested."

I reached over with my off hand to snatch the gun away from her. The knife bit a little deeper into her chin - to keep her honest. "This is mine now, for putting up with your nonsense. Mice, make this stop being my problem."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Hemlock: The machine answers back in a wheezing voice. "I'm hungry, I'm thirsty," it starts. It has no power to be able to work and there's no fuel for the torches. But it continues. "My arms and legs don't work either, my muscles hurt." The wires connecting it all together must be broken or missing, which is part of what you'll need to fix. The suit talks to you about its muscles, and you think you have a good idea now of how to put those together in the correct way. What do you do?

Honeydew: "If you take that, when I get it back I will jam it down your loving throat and make you poo poo bullets," Pellet growls. Mice looks at her, and there seems to be a moment where they silently communicate with each other. "Well, if that's true then of course I'll deal with it. What proof do you have?" There's definitely something more going on here, do you want to read the situation?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


Mice. Mice, you stupid bastard. You just saw me dance past this woman's bullets and take her down and you are playing these bullshit games with me? I smack Pellet upside the face with the butt of the smg before leaning back and cooly regarding Mice. There was a feeling in the air now. A primal understanding in the pit of your gut telling you, somebody is about to gently caress Up.

@Honeydew: 2d6+1 read a sitch = (5+6)+1 = 12
Who’s in control here?
What should I be on the lookout for?
Where’s my best escape route / way in / way past?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Honeydew: You look at Mice, and suddenly you realize what's going on. Mice was hoping Pellet would kill you. In fact, the look they just shared was probably related to that. Seems like Mice has decided to betray you, and he's got his gang to back him up. If you could take him hostage, most of them would probably hesitate to try and kill you. Who knows what Pellet would do, but then again you've just taken her weapon from her. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


Pricks. Nobody could honor a contract anymore. Raising my hands, I slowly rose up from where I had Pellet pinned. Mice didn't have his men positioned yet - the ball was still in my court. Darting with with a slash of my knife, he dodged low, right into the barrel of the smg. Driving it home into his temple, I slung my knife arm around his throat and hauled him up to act as a human shield.

"Let's take a walk, shall we? I've been extremely patient with all these discourtesies. It's time you show me the door, before I lose my temper."

@Honeydew: 2d6+3 Go aggro on Mice; Be my hostage or get his brains blown out. = (2+5)+3 = 10

Xwytsau
Jul 29, 2018

Oh god.

They're gonna fuck it up again.



Shi Shi the Maestro D'
Cool +1| Hard-1 | Hot +2 | Sharp 0 | Wierd +1
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 2


Mykkel posted:

"Afternoon Shi Shi, I'm in need of some desparate fools to assist me with a gig, care to give me the names of a few that have been on your no sap list for a while, and won't be coming off soon?"
Shi thinks briefly. He doesn't know Jayna particularly well, but she seemed like someone it would be useful to have leverage over. "Orson's hack-crew have been banned for a month. I've been planning on letting them back, but I haven't told them that. You can usually find them in the Quarry. I''ll come along. Sue!" Shi's soft voice picks up into something that almost a shout. "You have the house!"

Heliotrope posted:

Shi Shi: Hail Mary appears like he wants to argue his case, but takes one look at your face and decides not to push it. "Okay, well, you know. Sorry. Bye." He hustles out of the cafe as quickly as possible. As Hatira goes around talking to people, Auntie Daw does a recount of the Sap, and the siblings start talking to each other.

Some time later, Hatira comes back to you. "Apparently Boss Moss has appointed a woman named Foster to watch over his son Twice. Seems he thinks the kid's ready to learn business. The two of them are usually out together every day. And it seems like Moss is trying to figure out how to get you to talk to him about joining together - I think you could get close to him if you pretend like you're interested in the idea." What do you do?

Shi sends Yasuke to make contact with Moss while he's out with Jayna. Maybe Shi could talk sense into him. At the very least it bought him time to plan.

Xwytsau fucked around with this message at Aug 17, 2018 around 00:59

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Honeydew: "What the gently caress-" is all Mice gets out before you have the gun pointed to his head. The Butcher Boys pull out their weapons, Pellet reflexively grabs where her gun would normally be stored and then remembers it's not there so she has to settle for glaring at you.

"Okay everyone, let's just...calm down, all right?" He looks at his gang. "If Honeydew wants to reject our hospitality like this, well that's on her right? Ha ha ha..." he lets out some weak laughter, and everyone looks at each other. "So where do you want to go?" What do you do?

Shi Shi: The two of you head to the Quarry. Orson's hack-crew are there, and they frown as you approach. "What now? We haven't done anything," says Orson. What do you do?

Jayna: You notice the rest of the crew are watching you, eyeing your armor and your assault rifle. Do you want to let Shi Shi handle this alone or do you step in to help?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

I rub the exosuit, just enough to show it I got everything, then jot some notes down on a scratch pad. Yeah, gently caress, why didn't I think about that before? The muscle poo poo's like a net, right? So if I weave in the wiring, that keeps it safe and in place, plus it helps keep the power where it needs to go. I mean, poo poo, not that it helped 'em not die or nothing, but the old worlders knew their loving tech. So, now, I got one big thing on my mind: where the gently caress am I going to get enough wiring to fully kit out this beauty and get her singing?

Normally I'd lean on Royboy to bring some in next time he needs a new engine block, since it's been a few days and all, but he must be driving safer than usual. Or dead. Either or. I could try and barter for it, fuckin' kill me now, or... wait, poo poo, that might just be the ticket. Shi Shi got me that thing, the loopy bit I needed for the screen I was fixing the other week, and that guy didn't even break a sweat. If I can get a repeat... well, poo poo. Ain't nothing to do but ask, yeah?

It takes a bit to get everything sorted and settled, then I lock up and head towards the Forgotten Stone.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Aug 16, 2018 around 05:11

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Hemlock: It takes you a while to get to Traf Maer, and then to the Forgotten Stone Cafe. You hear what sounds like an ongoing argument as you approach.

"This is loving bullshit, let me in!"

Coming closer, you see the person is Exit. How do you know her?

Interestingly Yasuke isn't watching the door right now. Instead, Dembe is casually keeping Exit from just marching in. "Sorry kid, not happening." She sees you and nods. "Hey Hemlock."

Exit looks between the two of you. "Hemlock you can vouch for me right? Come on, I wanna go in!" What do you do?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

Better let Shi Shi introduce me, but I should make sure none of the crew gets to where I can't see them coming. I should be on the lookout for the guy that's going to start some poo poo. There's always a guy that starts some poo poo. Orson's crew looks like they could help me with the pistolpines, if this doesn't deteriorate. I hope Shi Shi didn't leave out any key details.


Rolled a 9 on Read a sitch. marking xp, and Asking "Which of Orsons' crew is the biggest threat?"

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


I gestured with my knife hand towards Mice's gang. "You lot. Let's be calm and wise about this. Put those weapons down and you'll get this sniveling toad back. Push me and this only ends badly." I flicked my gaze about, looking for egress. There. Out across the lot. I'd be open, but it wouldn't take long to hit tree cover. I refocused on my hostage, already weary of his sniveling. "Shut it, Mice. You are only alive on my sufferance. We had a deal, Mice. I upheld my end of it. So what happened? Who paid you off?" I honestly didn't care about the answers, I was just yelling at him to keep him off balance and unable to think clearly.

I backed us up as I spoke, ducking beneath a rusted out chain fall. "Watch your head, Mice!" I shouted the warning as I drove a knee into one of his kidneys. As his legs went out from under him, I knelt down and aimed Pellet's purloined piece out the roll-up doors behind us. Supposedly this used to be an outpost for a guild of savvyheads - you could drive a vehicle right in and they'd rebuild it good as new. You didn't even have to get out, you could just drink a cup of coffee and fifteen minutes later be on your way. Decadent. It's no wonder that world vanished; that sort of softness was a disgusting liability. What did they do when the Jiffy Lube Cartel decided it was in charge now? Not a drat thing, I bet. Whatever amazing science this guild may have had, none of it remained. A rusted up length of chain and some vehicle lifts that were mostly only lifting interesting forms of vegetation.

Raising my voice, I called out through the doors as I adjusted my grip on Mice. "Anybody out in the yard feeling like a hero, I advise you reconsider. Don't be the person who has to tell their mama she doesn't get to have grandbabies because Honeydew turned your face into a well-hosed rear end in a top hat."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Jayna: Looking at all of them, you see one of them looking at you more intensely then the others. You've seen this kind of look before - it's the look of a person who will start poo poo if they think things are going bad, and it won't take much to make them think things are going bad. And if they attack, you can bet the rest of them will. What do you do?

Honeydew: "Don't pull that poo poo on me, Honeydew. I know what you were up to. The Butcher Boys are loyal to me." You can see them on the edge of the lot, not wanting to walk into an open area where you can just shoot them but waiting for an opportunity to move up. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 3/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


"What? You thought I wanted to steal your gang away from you? I have more self respect then that, Mice. Now come along." I pressed the gun barrel back into his temple as I made my wary retreat. "Tell your boys to put their weapons down. Nobody benefits here from a bullet being fired, least of all these nice young ladies and gentlemen you have working for you. Tell them to lay down their arms and to bring that busted down jeep of yours around. Tell them to put an unarmed driver in that jeep, and we'll go our merry way. Once the driver drops me off somewhere else, you get to go free. Do you follow me? Do you find these terms agreeable? They are the only ones you get." She kept the stream of words flowing, kept Mice confused until the simple solution of the jeep was dangled in front of his eyes. He grabbed for it instinctively, just like a dumb monkey.

Honeydew is continuing to edge her way out of the area, trusting that nobody is quite as on board with this plan as Mice would have liked.

@Honeydew: 2d6+2 Fast Talking Mice = (5+2)+2 = 9

Shardix fucked around with this message at Aug 17, 2018 around 00:35

Xwytsau
Jul 29, 2018

Oh god.

They're gonna fuck it up again.



Shi Shi the Maestro D'
Cool +1| Hard-1 | Hot +2 | Sharp 0 | Wierd +1
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 2

Heliotrope posted:

"What now? We haven't done anything," says Orson. What do you do?
Shi was hoping maybe Orson and her crew would be more eager for a pardon than they seemed to be. Half of them looked they were ready to rip him in half, in fact. Best to be as friendly as possible. Don't make it seem like you're here to judge them for being a pack of slavering Sap addled jackals, barely kept in check by a vicious idiot-queen.
Shi attempts to put on his most ingratiating face, "Orson! What could possibly make you think I was here to berate you? My customers are like family! I only wanted you to take a break for your own sake." Orson's eyes narrowed in hostile suspicion. Maybe he was laying it on a bit thick? "You are not the first customer to throw a beer mug at Sari's head. Just the first to do so accurately. You can hardly be blamed for having skill. Now of course I can't just say you can come back, Orson. As much as it pains me to keep you away, I have no way of knowing if you're ready to return." Orson's jaws begin to clench. "Uh, but if you could kindly lend your assistance to my good friend Jayna here, who could use your crews, uh, talents clearing out some pistolpines, I would gladly consider it a sign that you've regained your self-discipline."

I try to manipulate Orson into helping Jayna. It goes poorly. 2d6+2=7

Xwytsau fucked around with this message at Aug 17, 2018 around 01:46

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Honeydew: Mice thinks on it. "Okay. But the driver is armed. Just some insurance for me." What do you do?

Shi Shi: Orson looks at Jayna. "Pistolpines? Maybe we could help. But if we do, then none of this wishy washy 'maybe I'll think about it' crap. We get to come back, period." What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at Aug 17, 2018 around 02:58

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

I say, "Sup, Dembe. Y'seen Shi Shi around? Need to ask him about sourcing some poo poo." Now, honestly, I don't give two shits if Exit gets in or not. She's a good enough kid, as much as that means anything around here, and she's sourced a little scrounge for me from time to time. If she can get me a little somethin-somethin to work on a project, well, I guess I can do a little to see if I can't get her in. I turn to Exit and say, "And the gently caress do you want that's in there, Exit? Don't seem like your scene."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Hemlock: "He went out with Jayna a little while ago, you just missed him. Think something's going on, he sent Yasuke out as well."

"I wanna loving try the bean juice!" Exit says excitedly. "Come on!" What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 3/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


"Fair enough, and make it quick. I have things to do today." I yanked Mice after me as I stepped past the garage door and planted my rear end against the wall. Nobody in this crew was enough of a crack shot to do anything but piss me off, so I felt confident in just holding fast for the time being. I let him stand with his hands up, the gun trained lazily in his direction. This show was all but over now so the drama fell flat. Wouldn't be a surprise if he went for double or nothing on the drive out of here. I don't know if I'd be more disappointed if he didn't try it.

"Right there is good." I reset the switchblade and slipped it away. I fiddled with a strand of hair and checked that weird spot on my boot that's been bothering me all day. "...I got into a fight with an eight foot tall mantis the other day. Did you know they come that big, now?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Honeydew: Mice shouts to the Butcher Boys. "Get Bar to bring the jeep around." They hesitate, and he says "Just loving do it!" Most of them still hang around, but several of them head to get the car. While you wait, Mice just glares at you when you talk.

Eventually, Bar drives up. He has a pistol in one hand, but both of them are on the wheel. He looks at you and Mice, seeming to take in the situation for a moment, before he speaks. "Yeah, uh, so. Here I am. Where are we going?" What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 3/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


"You get the seat of honor, Mice!" I exclaimed as I clapped him down next to Bar. "Hey Bar. You always seemed like you had your head on straight so just think relaxed, and we will be relaxed. From thought flows action." I hopped into the back seats and leered at the gang being left behind. "I'll have him back by curfew, don't worry. Tell Pellet I said thanks for the gun."

"The Forgotten Stone, Bar. I feel a little thirsty. See if anybody's hijacked the radio frequencies this week." I checked the bullets left in the stolen smg before stuffing it in my duffel. Might be useful as a bit of barter or an impromptu noisemaker. I leaned up between the front seats and looked Mice in the eye. "There you go Mice. You crossed me and I gave you a black eye. Seems a fair trade to me. I won't be that benevolent next time. You ever have a problem, you come and you speak to me about it like a civilized person. These second rate bushwhacks are beneath me."

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1


"Sounds fair to me Shi Shi, but Orson you get to go back after the pistolpines. It's a bit late in the day to deal with them, but the ones I want to clear out are just about 5 clicks north of Anvil. Meet me there around 2 hours past dawn, and we can clear them out. I"ll play rabbit for them, and you lot can play firebugs with them once they've shot their cones at me. Clear?"

Jayna will look over at the poo poo starter, "You what's your name, you look like the type that might want to play rabbit as well. You game?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

Well, poo poo. Missed him, huh? I say to Dembe, "Aight, well, I guess I'll hang around for a bit and see if he ain't comin' back soon."

Of course, I guess that doesn't settle the whole Exit scene. I give her a look, the kind she knows means I'm talking business, and say, "Alright, Exit, whatcha got for me? You know how this place works, right -- I'd be goin' out on a limb for you if I put in a word and then you gently caress it all up. Gonna need something good to make the risk work out right."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Honeydew: The three of you head to the cafe in silence, Mice continuing to glare while Bar keeps an eye on the road. As you head near Traef Maer Mice suddenly grabs the pistol from Bar, who twists the steering wheel in surprise. Mice fires at you, but the swerving car fucks up his aim.

"Oh poo poo," Bar says as the car heads straight into the trees. He yanks the wheel to the side, forcing the jeep to go back on track but jostling you all as well. What do you do?

Hemlock: "Uh, what about all the poo poo I've gotten for you before? And could in the future?" She says this like it's obvious and you're being dense. "Come the gently caress on Hemlock!" Dembe just watches this exchange in amusement. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


I grabbed a handhold as Mice went for the pistol. Like I suspected. He was too amped up and unskilled to hit anything on this sort of terrain, even without Bar almost crashing us. For my part, I went along with the ride. The jeep was gonna go where it was gonna go. No point in fighting it.

@Honeydew: 2d6+3 act under fire = (1+6)+3 = 10

Once Bar clamped down on the wheel and began to recover, I launched forward and cracked Mice right in the face. That ought to daze him long enough to relieve him of the pistol.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Honeydew: As Bar gets the car back on track, you hit Mice in the face and take the pistol from him. "Okay I think we're fine now," Bar says.

Mice yells in anger and pain. "gently caress you Honeydew! You think this is the end? You'll regret this! Enjoy your time at the Forgotten Stone, you won't get another chance!"

"Uh sort of, I guess?" Bar mumbles as he sees what's going on. What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


"Quit your blubbering. Whining is never attractive, but especially so in a man." I leaned back and casually eyed the pistol before almost immediately dismissing it from my mind. It could spit bullets, sure, but it had no style. No class. Just cheap stamped steel that nobody ever thought about twice. "Bar, I'll give this back when we arrive. Right now I think permitting a weapon within arms reach of your boss would be unwise."

I shifted in my seat to gaze out the side of the jeep, the trees silently waving as we passed. It was kind of a shame there was rarely a chance to sit back and enjoy it. After a few moments, I piped up again.

"So. Mice. As funny as it is to watch you metaphorically shoot yourself in the balls over and over, it's just kind of sad now. So why don't you tell me what's really going on? From where I'm sitting, I just did you a big favor and got paid a respectable wage for it, before being unfairly beset upon by a rabid bitch in heat. And don't think playing coy will do anything but darken my disposition. You were wholly on board with taking me out - you just didn't have the balls to commit. Which says to me this wasn't your plan. So who called in the favor? Whose jingle takes the piss stains out of your pants these days, Mice?"

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«11 »