Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«12 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Honeydew: Mice sneers at you. "Pellet told me what you were up to. I told you, the Butcher Boys are mine. You were the one stupid enough to stick around after asking Pellet for help killing me." Do you believe what he's saying? Do you want to read him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

I give Exit a level look. I'm not going to be fuckin' happy if she gets me kicked off another source of good poo poo, just cause she's given me some poo poo before. I say, "Aight, fine. I'll vouch for you..." I poke her shoulder, not hard, but firmly. "...if you fuckin' promise to follow the rules. Deal? Elsewise, gently caress off and let me get a drink in peace."

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 9:15 PM
@Hemlock: 2d6+1 read exit = (4+4)+1 = 9

Asking "What does your character intend to do?" re: once she gets inside.

Tricky fucked around with this message at Aug 18, 2018 around 14:17

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


"And you believed her?" I threw my hands up into the air in mild annoyance before clasping them behind my head. "That is some extremely petty scheming you fell for. I stuck around because I do business. I could explain all the nuances that that word encompasses but that's just pissing into the ocean."

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the breeze, determined not to let Mice's stupidity ruin the day. It was a shame flooring the gas pedal was pointless with all the roads replaced with giants. That must have been a thrill. Nothing to slow you down but the engine falling out.

"You want my advice? Free of charge. Cut off those filthy, filthy dreadlocks. Then go put a bullet in Pellet before she puts one in you. Personally, I'm rooting for her. You're both idiots, but at least she's got some fire."

I'll pass on reading Mice. Honeydew is bored of toying with him, so if there's more going on here she'll deal with it when it crops up.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Jayna: They stare at you. "Name's III and I'm not stupid, lady. You can have fun with the pistolpines alone before we come in."

But Shi Shi has hesitated too long, and Orson scowls. "If you can't even promise that, then both of you gently caress off." What do you do?

Hemlock: There's a brief moment of hesitation before Exit says "Yeah. I can do that." She just wants to go inside and try the coffee like she said, but she might still be her rowdy self. Meanwhile, you hear the rumble of a car and see a busted old jeep come near the entrance. Honeydew is in the back, with an angry looking man in the passenger seat and the driver looking at the two. What do you do?

Honeydew: Mice has to settle for stewing while Bar just silently drives on, occasionally looking over at the two of you. You reach the town, and pass on through to the path leading towards the cafe. You see Hemlock and Exit at the entrance, talking to each other. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


"Thanks for the ride, Bar." I stood up and stepped over the front seats onto the hood of the jeep, turning and crouching to look Mice in the eye. "When I'm out of sight and you start working yourself up over this? Remember that the worst anybody got today was some some bruised egos. So go home, and start drawing up your plans for how to move forward with Josiah. Our business dealings are now officially severed."

I glanced at Bar and gave him a nod. I ejected the magazine from the pistol and cleared the chamber before handing them back over. I held up the ejected round, looking Mice right in the eyes. "I'm keeping this bullet, Mice. If you see it again, in any context, rest easy knowing all your troubles will soon be over."

My boots crunched in the dirt as I hopped down from the hood and strode over towards Hemlock and Exit. "Hey! How are my favorite ladies today? I have absolutely no doubts that you are setting an example for everyone in ladylike decorum and modesty, Exit." I gave the girl a bright smile and ruffled her hair a bit.

Turning to Hemlock, I offered a handshake. "Good afternoon. Are we having drinks? My treat, if so."

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

Stares at Shi Shi as the deal goes south. What the hell is he thinking? "Sorry folks, I thought Shi Shi had agreed to let you back in if you helped me out with the pistolpines. Seems my time was wasted just like yours. Be seeing you around."

Jayna backs out of the the clearing slowly. Time to circle back to the Cafe, see if anyone there might be interested in splitting the mayor's jingle.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

I shrug, "Aight, I'll vouch this once. You break anything, I ain't gonna pay your way out though. You'll have to take it up with the man." I put an arm around Exit, giving Dembe a 'what the gently caress are ya gonna do with a kid like this?' look, and say, "She's with me today. Up to you whether she gets to come back, y'know?"

'Course, that's about the time that all sorts of folk are flyin' in for that sweet, sweet bean juice. Honeydew's in, as who the gently caress is going to stop her from going where she feels, and I guess she brought a friend or two. I mean, I assume they're friends. They ain't dead, is all, and that goes a ways with 'Dew. I shake her hand and say, "She's right 'bout where she usually is, which is to say just about the opposite end of the world from all that." I laugh. "Ain't gonna say no to a freebie, yeah? Whatcha been workin' on of late, 'Dew? Need a little somethin'-somethin' to ease the biz?"

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


"I never need a little somethin'-somethin', but I will never say no to a a little somethin'-somethin'." I motioned vaguely over my shoulder. "Just finished a job for Mice. Went fine until him and Pellet caught a case of stupid and took a go at me. Lucky them I'm in a good mood today."

Looking past Hemlock towards Dembe, I tossed my hair and put on my sweetest smile. "Hey, cutie pie! Shi-Shi in today?" Sliding my shoulder holsters off, I handed them over for her to hold on to. I didn't much like letting my babies go but this wasn't my house. This was a place to relax and nobody wanted someone like me flouncing around strapped for a fight. It just killed the whole atmosphere.

Returning my attention to Hemlock, I continued. "How about you? If you're interested, I picked up this smg you might do something with. Bullet hoses aren't really my style."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Jayna: You turn around and begin to head back to the cafe. But as you're walking back, you hear a rustling from the nearby woods before Springheel jumps out. "HEYA! I hear from the Forest that you need some help? I can help. What you need done?" Springheel is a local weirdo who spends most of her time out in the Forest, getting up to who knows what in there. Have you run into her before? What do you do?

Hemlock and Honeydew: "gently caress yes!" Exit says as the three of you head in. Dembe seems a bit surprised at Honeydew handing over your pistols, but shrugs and puts the holsters on. "Shi Shi stepped out for some business, along with Yasuke. He should be back soon though." You walk in and take a seat. Soon, Jonsu walks over. "Ord-"

"BEAN JUICE!" Exit yells.

Jonsu stares at her for a moment, and then looks back at you two. "Order?" What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


I envied the girl, that she could be that excited over the promise of coffee. The world hadn't stomped on her hard enough yet to make her jaded or bitter...and I was inclined to make sure that it never did. I wasn't a sentimental sort, but destroying beautiful things was a sin.

"Right on! Make that two cups of bean juice with a shot of bourbon in mine. The good stuff, mind you." I leaned back in my chair, balancing it on two legs as Hemlock made her decision.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

I say, "Just black, for me." Not to say that a little nip of something wouldn't go down smooth, but I ain't usually the type to be springing for extras. Not gonna change my tune just cause 'Dew is covering my tab. "So, just so I can get my brain bits workin', what kind of somethin'-somethin' might you be lookin' at gettin' your hands on?"

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


The feet of my chair hit the floor with a decisive thud at the question. I leaned forward and gave Hemlock a sadistic smile, my eyes dancing. "The somethin'-somethin' I want, more than anything in this world, is two men. Prim and Parsimony. I owe them quite a lot, and I do so hate to leave my debts unfulfilled. If you happen to hear word of them, you can name your price." I cocked my head towards Exit. "If I'm not available, let the small lady or her big brother know."

Glancing down, I noticed I was inadvertently digging my nails into the table. I blinked and took a calming breath. Too intense, Honeydew. Dial it back.

I adjusted my hair ribbon as I recollected myself and met Hemlock's eyes again. "Apart from that I'm always looking for work. If you have a problem, I am happy to solve it."

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

"Damnation Springheel, don't you be sneakin' up on me like that, I almost shot at you." Jayna pauses to gather her thoughts and replay in her mind what Springheel had said. It had been a while since Jayna had seen Springheel, the last time had Springheel had been about forty feet in the air, stealing an egg from a big bird nest. If any one person could help with the pistolpines, Springheel would be the one, assuming she wanted to do it.

"I need to remove some pistolpines. If you are willing to set them on fire, you can help me. If you want to talk about it more, I'm headed over to Shi Shi's for a cup, you can join me, I'll buy."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Jayna: Springheel grins. "We can eat them afterwards!" She starts walking alongside you, the pelt flapping around her noisily. The two of you head to the cafe, and Dembe watches Springheel for a few seconds before looking at you with a 'really?' expression.

"You bringing her in here?" What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

"Got it, 'Dew." God fuckin' help 'em, whatever the gently caress they did, cause 'Dew is gonna fuckin' murder a fool. As for jobs I got at the moment? I make a hand-wavey gesture, "Eh, I got a thing maybe down the line, assuming this jerk doesn't get cold feet with the bill. Could score ya a free 'nade launcher if you're interested. Past that.... well, poo poo, I'm always up for tradin' for interestin' salvage, but I'm sure that's not a fuckin' shock."

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

"Yeah, I'll buy her a round of coffee. Springheel will be on her best behaviour, I'll vouch for her today."

Shi Shi owes me a bit for wasting my time with Orson's crew, but if Springheel gets too wierd, I'm going to need a different place to cool my heels for a bit.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


I cocked my head, eyes widening and giving away my surprise. "A grenade launcher? That is extremely respectable hardware to be offering so casually." My mind strayed to Jayna. I didn't know her especially well, but she was dangerous. Quite so, and packing heavier weaponry than I was if she chose to take my last job personally. A little insurance never went awry, and grenades? They were good insurance. And if I didn't need it for Jayna...what a way to say goodbye to Prim.

I steepled my hands and watched the savvyhead carefully. "A very generous offer. I'm willing to keep my schedule flexible for you, if you foresee yourself needing my services in the future. I have to ask though. What's the catch?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Jayna: "All right then. Have fun." The two of you walk in, and there in the cafe you see Hemlock, a young girl, and Honeydew - the person who shot you up during the job Josiah gave you. Jonsu is delivering drinks to them. What do you do?

Honeydew: You hear someone walking in, and it's Jayna. Also some weirdo wearing a wolf pelt and not much else. What do you do?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

Jayna smiles and nods to Hemlock and Honeydew and takes a seat a table where Honeydew is in her line of sight, and turns to Springheel. "Let's not get kicked out of here today, right?"

Okay girl, you are not going to gently caress up Hemlock's gig just because Honeydew bruised you, but Honeydew doesn't know that, she might be a bit skittish. Keep her in sight, and let her relax.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

"The usual. You're gonna have to brave what's-his-face and a band of bike punks... probably armed with a 'nade launcher, dependin' on your timing. I need the solar cell that they're trading for the completed launcher, plus the cost of parts that they're frontin'." I shrug, "Normally I wouldn't care 'bout where they're goin' to go around shootin' nades, but word is that they hate bean juice, if ya get what I'm sayin'."

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


I caught Jayna and whoever that was out of the corner of my eye, doing my best not to act like anything was amiss. There was no way she hadn't seen me but she wasn't coming over - yet. "Alright, I'm on board. An offer like this doesn't come around every day. Just to be clear, who is this 'what's-his-face' exactly? I like to make sure I don't go ruining the wrong person's day."

Again I let my gaze slide over towards Jayna and her wolf-pelt wearing companion. Maybe a bit of misdirection could both soothe the gunlugger's sore feelings, and ensure nobody twigged to what Hemlock and I were plotting. "When our drinks arrive, you should throw mine in my face and yell at me about something. Wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea, thinking we're up to something."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 1/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

"Flinty... jacket?" No, no, it was shorter. I shrug, "Flintjack or something like that. I ain't done work with 'em before, bikes sounded for poo poo. Not the kind of work I'd parade around, but what the gently caress do I know."

The second bit was a fuckin' trip. I follow her eyes, not really seein' what she's seein', and say, "Aight, so let me get this straight. You want me to throw hot bean juice in your face, yell about it like a loon, *and* y'ain't gonna shoot me for my trouble?" I mean, gently caress, whatever keeps 'Dew happy. Especially if it gets me that battery without the guilt. Might have to lay low a bit, at least 'til 'Dew explains it all to the staff, but I guess I can manage.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Jayna: Springheel is looking at Honeydew, and not really paying any attention to you. Suddenly she scuttles over to the two of them faster then you expect. She's reaching for Honeydew's hair. What do you do?

Honeydew: Before you realize it, the woman has come within reach of you and is stretching out one of her incredibly dirty hands to grab your hair. What do you do?

Hemlock: As the woman quickly comes forward you recognize her - Springheel. What have your encounters with her been like?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


"I won't complain if you wait for it to cool off first. The idea is that -" I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and it took an agonizingly long moment to realize what the wild woman was reaching for.

"If you go through with this plan of yours, you had better have something extremely clever to say on your behalf. Otherwise you are going to fall down every flight of stairs I can find."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 2/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

I give the strange fucker a look, cause goddamn if this isn't like the third time I've had to save her from gettin' handsy with the wrong crowd, then say, "Goddamn it, Springheel, remember your fuckin' manners. I can't buy that weird poo poo you find in the Forest if Dew's dropped you down all the fuckin' stairs." And, for what it's worth, she's a fuckin' creep and a half, but the poo poo she finds is so goddamn good. It'd be a drat shame to have to train up a new batshit wood-liver to find that sweet, sweet tech. Ain't nobody else is gonna do that poo poo for candles or whatever poo poo people pay me with that ain't useful. "Y'wanna catch a seat instead of a terminal case of stairs? Maybe say hi before goin' straight to whatever poo poo catches your eye."

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 6:16 PM
@Hemlock: 2d6+1 manipulate springheel = (6+6)+1 = 13

She goes for it. +XP.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

Jayna can only stare in frozen horror as she realize what Springheel is doing. gently caress, if I don't stop her I'll need a new assistant, but poo poo if she is mad enoughtto try and touch Honeydew's hair, she's definitely the assistant I need with the pistolpines. "Springheel, I don't care what you think the forest told you, touching her will get painful for you!"

Jayna stands slowly and walks with her hands where Honeydew can see them towards the table, "Let's all sit down, and share a nice cup of bean juice, and you know not shoot the poo poo out of Shi Shi's place. What do you say Honeydew? "

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


All of a sudden this whole thing felt like a setup. If not a setup, certainly something planned and considered. Jayna and Hemlock both were being just a little too cautious, a little too courteous. Made my nerves sit up straight and tighten their boot laces. Whatever the case, it would be extremely crass for me to call either of them out on it. Whatever Springheel and those like her might think, there was still room for civilized and respectful behavior in this world.

"As you please. I am happy to see you aren't taking things too personally. I mean this in all honesty: it was just business." I kicked a chair out for her, trying to stay relaxed. Glancing to Springheel, I wondered at her presence. Was she a part of this ruse, or just an acquaintance of my new drinking buddies that had gone wandering too often and too far?

"Springheel, was it? We haven't been introduced. My name is Honeydew, and the reason I threaten you is that I would be less offended by you putting a hand up my skirt than touching my hair without asking. It's just one of those raw nerves for me. I am willing to let you touch it if you ask politely, and if you wash your hands first. Up to the elbows, and with hot water and soap." That ought to frighten the guttersnipe off. She had the look of someone who viewed a bath with the sort of reverent terror normally reserved for the agonizing hours after hearing Just wait until your father gets home.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

Jayna sits down and sighs with relief, "Good too hear. I 'xpect that if I'd done something you took personal, the result would have been a bit more up close and it would have gone on a bit longer. The lass is goin' to help me with some pistolpines, which means I kind of need her to not fall down any stairs anytime soon. "

This is the last fuckin' time I take a gig like this from the mayor. he wants to fight the forest, he can use his own for that.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Hemlock: Springheel barely pays attention to Honeydew's threat but hesitates when you speak, a finger nearly brushing against Honeydew's hair, before she withdraws her hand. She grins and says "Just wanted to touch her pretty hair." Jonsu comes by with your order and hesitates when she sees what's going on. "Situation okay?" She asks. What do you do?

Honeydew: Springheel looks at you eagerly when you lay out the conditions. "If I use soap I can touch it?" She seems...a lot more accepting of that idea then you may have anticipated. But then Exit hops off her chair and shoves Springheel. "gently caress off weirdo!" What do you do?

Jayna: Well one situation got defused but now you have this small angry child being aggressive towards Springheel. What do you do?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

A vein on the right side of Jayna's forehead begins to visibly throb. "Sit down children and play nice. "

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


I took a sip of my drink, studiously ignoring Exit and the wolf girl. Springheel had called my bluff, so I was perfectly content to let Jayna step in and distract everyone.

I swing my head back to Hemlock. "As I was saying, the idea was to keep people from thinking we were all buddy-buddy and plotting something. Getting a drink thrown in my face seems like a good way to convince folk of that." I waved a hand dismissively. "My poppa always said I was an idiot convinced of her own cleverness. In any case, too many eyes on us now. That'll never fly."

I took another sip and grimaced. I was never much for coffee in the first place and nothing about Shi-Shi's brand of bean juice was changing my mind, bourbon or no. Still. I'd paid for it. Might as well finish it.

"I'll get you that item you want, and we can go from there. Sound good?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

I sigh and shrug at Jonsu's question. Fuckin' never ends, does it. This is why I live out in the boons, just me and my machines. Kids and weirdos and gunfreaks all tryin' to step to each other like it proves who's packin' the biggest piece. I nod along as 'Dew explains her plot right next to Jayna, not really sayin' much, and I take a big swig of bean juice to wash it all down. Did Shi Shi change the recipe or summat? I let the flavors play on my tongue, tryin' to make sense of it all, but there's something that I can't put my finger on. This tastes... different. My brain starts firing on all cylinders, eyes gettin' all blank, and suddenly I ain't feelin' quite right. That's not good, that's not good at all.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 2:35 PM
@Hemlock: 2d6+2 things speak = (1+2)+2 = 5

Tried to get a read on the coffee, but... +XP.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Jayna: The child looks at you. "gently caress you, you aren't the boss of me!" She gives you a shove. What do you do?

Honeydew: Springheel steps closer to you. "If I use soap, I can touch it?" she repeats. As you look over to talk to Hemlock you see her just staring forward, coffee dribbling out of her mouth as the cup hits the floor. What do you do?

Hemlock: Whatever voices come from the coffee began to fade, along with the rest of the cafe. You hear the sound of gears turning, the clanging of metal, the whirring of a conveyor belt. As you come to you see you are inside some kind of machine building, watching it work. It's far from perfect, more like just enough to function, but it's going along until you hear a horrendous screeching and grinding noise, along with something tearing. What do you do?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

That is loving it. Jayna's machete is in her hand and against Exit's neck before Jayna has even realized that she was reaching for it. "YOU WILL SIT THE gently caress DOWN AND SHUT UP BEFORE I CUT YOU!"

Great job you idiot, way to overreact, it's just a loving kid, and if she doesn't back down, you are going to have to hurt her. What the gently caress is wrong with you.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 3/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

Yeah... I think I might need to lay off the bean juice, at least for a bit. This is some hosed up weirdness, even for me. I spend a few watching the machinery work, noting a bunch of fuckin' stuff I can tweak up to work nice, but my heart about stops when the machinery starts screaming. Like, don't get me wrong. I've seen some stuff that's in a bad way. I've even brought some of it back from the brink. But this? This is like, I don't know, someone fuckin' howling with their guts hanging loose. Makes me sick.

So, like an idiot, I walk towards whatever the gently caress is making the noise. One way or another I'm gonna make it stop.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


I crossed my arms while the fight unfolded. Start poo poo get hit, as they said. "As a favor to me, don't kill her." I was purposefully ambiguous to who I was speaking too. Odds were overwhelmingly on the gunlugger's side, though. Experience, size, and a big loving blade generally won out over mindless belligerence.

I turned to Springheel and looked her in the eyes. This was my mistake; I'd said it and now I was beholden to it. "I am a woman of my word. Wash up and yes, you may touch it. Anything else...well. We'd have to negotiate." My gaze slid past her to Hemlock. Her gaze appeared to be focused on some other world entirely. I gave Springheel a questioning looked before leaning forward. I snapped my fingers in front of Hemlock, trying to get her attention.

"Hello? Hemlock?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

Oh, don't worry, don't worry!

It's not my blood.


Jayna: The girl freezes as you put the blade to her neck, and then slowly backs away and sits back down. She glares at you as she sips her coffee, pauses, and then starts putting sugar in it. You see Jonsu staring at you, her hand letting go of the pistol she had begun to grip. Meanwhile you notice that Hemlock appears to be spaced out or something. What do you do?

Honeydew: Hemlock just stares forward, not reacting to what you say or do. What do you do?

Hemlock: You follow the noise, walking either for a few seconds or few minutes, and suddenly you see a giant hole in the floor. Branches are bursting forth from the floor, rapidly growing, and jamming themselves into the machinery. The sound of wood scraping on the wall outside can be heard. As you come into the scene, the branches stop moving for a second before coming towards you and beginning to wrap around your foot. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.


Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3


Well. This was concerning. I lifted my chin at Jonsu. "Hey. Was there anything besides bean juice in that bean juice?" I waved a hand in front of Hemlock to illustrate the point. "This girl has left the premises."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage




Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 4/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

Now, I dunno if I got bodily moved or if this is a mind thing or what, but I'm not down with the Forest trying to get all close with me like that. poo poo's not my scene, not even a little. I scramble out of the way, managing to keep ahead of the branches by followin' that little voice in my head that tells me how to fix things. Guess gettin' branched by the Forest is something it can fix too. Good to know. In any case, I manage to duck close enough to the machinery that, hopefully, I can get that drat wood out of the works. Fuckin' machines don't deserve that poo poo. Not this one, not any of 'em. You know how many works I've seen all hosed up by plants and poo poo like that? Enough to fuckin' blow your mind into tiny little pieces.

quote:

SidekickBOTYesterday at 11:12 PM
@Hemlock: 2d6+2 act under fire = (5+6)+2 = 13

It happens, +XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012



Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

Jayna puts the machete away and as the anger lessens she realizes what Honeydew is saying, and Hemlock's lack of response. She ponders Hemlock for a moment, "Well she's still breathing, she didn't take any sap did she?"

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«12 »