Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Dame LaBelle: "If you follow someone, you accept that you'll share the fallout for what they do. Maybe if they tried to make it up to me before this I would have considered it. But now? Now I'm going to make sure people know not to do what they did. They'll be an example to the rest of Tref Maer." You can see he doesn't really see a reason to go with what you're saying. Do you want to read him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Baba
Cool +2 | Hard -1| Hot=0 | Sharp+1| Weird+2 |
Harm 9:00 | 3/5 XP| Armor: 1| Barter 4

First stop: back at my shack, to unload all of my precious tech and get it back in the house.
Second stop: getting this car away from me. I don't need people figuring out that it was me who killed scrap and stole back my poo poo. I'll just drive it somewhere out of the way, but not too far from my house, so I can get back on foot quickly.
And finally, off to Anvil, to get what I need to build my traps. On foot, to avoid voices of my new ride reaching Mother.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Apr 13, 2019

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Dame LaBelle
Cool +1 | Hard -1| Hot +2 | Sharp +1 | Weird =0
Harm 0:00 | 1/5 XP | Armor: 0 | Barter 1

Well, this isn't going great. I'm a lot better at negotiations when I've had more time to know the parties involved, and for all that I know Honeydew, since both isn't the one I need to convince and I don't think I'm doing a good job of it anyway. Running my fingers through my hair, I let out a small sigh, looking at Flintjack. I might not know much of anything about him, but I've dealt with plenty of gang leaders like him before. He wants to make a bloody example of them, but there's other things that can motivate him. The biggest question is how much do I want to push this. "I can see where you're coming from. This might be an obvious question, but since they didn't send someone who'd been here longer, do they have something you want besides their lives?"

@Dame LaBelle: 2d6+1 read Flintjack = (4+1)+1 = 6
Asking: How could I get Flintjack to let most of/the whole group leave alive?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard=0 | Hot +2 | Sharp+1 | Wierd=0
Harm 9:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3

I rocked back and forth on my heels as I regarded LaBelle, my deathgrip on the bat loosening a bit. It was hard to listen to her speak and stay angry. I turned my head a bit and looked up to Flintjack.

"Boss?" I gestured for him to lean down so I could speak privately into his ear. "There's nothing I'd like more than to follow the plan." Behind the mask I unconsciously licked my lips at the idea of the charnel house we would leave behind. "But consider this. You want to rule Tref Maer? The Lady LaBelle can move people in ways you or I simply cannot. Acquiescing on a smaller thing could yield vast dividends down the line."

I'd be annoyed to lose out on my vengeance today, but I liked LaBelle and there was a very real risk of things getting wildly out of hand here. I did my best not to let personal feelings get in the way on work but I wasn't so heartless as to rest easy knowing I'd gotten her injured or killed. Hopefully Flintjack trusted my advice enough to consider a gentler tack.

@Honeydew: 2d6+1 help LaBelle = (4+6)+1 = 11
LaBelle takes +2 on her roll to Read Flintjack as Honeydew gets him to drop his defenses a bit.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Dame LaBelle: For a second, Flintjack looks like he's debating literally tossing you aside and just moving on. Then Honeydew speaks up and he reconsiders. "Perhaps. You're willing to work for me? I'll let you decide who lives and who dies then." If you go along with this, he'll spare who you want - but he'll probably want a good number of them to die. What do you do?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver
Cool +3 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird -1
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 0/5 | Armor: 0 | Barter: 4

My reaction to the whole Jeanette thing is a shrug, "Whatever she did in the past doesn't concern me. You know just as well as I do there aren't any angels in this world anymore, and most of us have done some hosed up poo poo at least once in our life," the only thing that matters to me is if she can be useful to Mama, "But an arrangement, huh?" I rub my chin, taking a moment to consider it, "Heh, if you wanna make a deal with me, then that means you know me, and you probably know who I work for, too. So, tell me, what kind of arrangement do you have in mind?"

quote:

@Red: 2d6+3 Reputation = (6+3)+3 = 12
When you meet someone important (your call), roll+cool. On a hit, they’ve heard of you, and you say what they’ve heard; the MC has them respond accordingly. On a 10+, you take +1 forward for dealing with them as well.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Red: "Interesting," Last says to your reaction. She doesn't say anything else until you ask what she has in mind. "I'd like Mama's help in taking over Washing. She'll provide gasoline, food, ammunition...whatever she has and can send. In return, once I'm the leader I'll be willing to sell her medical supplies at a discount and possibly help out in my own way." What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Dame LaBelle

Seeing Honeydew step up to help, even though I can't hear what she said to him, is a bit of a relief. Smiling at her while Flinkjack thinks, the smile drops when he comes out with his suggestion. Aside from asking me to be the reaper in everything but action, something I'm not particularly pleased about, how am I supposed to pick who should live and die when I know none of them? "I'd agree to that, but, I don't know them well enough to say for most of them." Looking at Honeydew... I wonder if I can trust her with this. They hurt her, so she'll want revenge, but if she gets her revenge on the specific ones who target her, I think she'll be willing to work with me on the rest. "Honeydew. Could you make a list of who needs to die, and I present it to them, the rest being able to leave or join Flintjack? With some room to negotiate, they might accept it. And if they don't..." I shrug. There's only so much I can do for them.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

My eyes widened a bit. I didn't think LaBelle was capable of being this coldly pragmatic. I wasn't going to complain, however. Springheel would get what she wanted, and Flintjack and I would get what we wanted. It was not likely that many of Jayna's crew would be getting what they wanted, but they should have thought about that before trying to kill me.

"...Very well." I looked back up at Flintjack. "Boss, I can provide you names and descriptions of useful people and workers. Those who don't care who provides the safety, shelter, and food. Just that someone is. I can start drawing up a list immediately."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver

"Alright. I'll let Mama know about your deal, but first things first," I gesture over to Peony, "I'll need to take the girl back with me, then I'll let you know Mama's answer," I look back at Last, "That sound good to you?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Dame LaBelle: Flintjack motions for you to head in front. "Let them know the deal then." He and his people still have their weapons up, but he seems willing to see how this goes before firing. By the time you head back, you see everyone has hunkered down and have their weapons pointed at the approaching group. Hatira speaks up. "Everything okay, Dame LeBelle?" What do you do?

Honeydew: It takes a moment but you remember some of the people from the Butcher Boys - considering they joined Jayna, she probably ended the rest of the Boys. No one seems to recognize you with the mask on. You also don't see Corbett around. What do you do?

Red: "Sure." Last gives a wave to one of her people, who begins to bring Peony over. But Last looks into you one more time. "You seem to worry about this girl and Mama. But I'm curious...what do you want for yourself?" Again, that feeling of her looking your soul occurs. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Dame LaBelle

Arriving back at the distillery, I move ahead of the group to get nearer to Hatira. Slowly lower the parasol/flag, I press the tip of it on the top of my shoe and grind it in a bit. Despite my mood, I'm not going to get it dirty. Looking at Hatira, I let out a sigh and run my gloved fingers through my hair. "It's not great. Flintjack has enough men to wipe you out, and he wants blood. I talked to him, and he's willing to let most of you leave or join him, but you're going to have to let him have some of you." I don't look particularly happy about it, and that's because I'm not, but I wasn't going to get anything better than that from him, I could tell. "But it's that or everyone dies." I won't particularly blame them if they refuse the terms. But I think they should accept.

@Dame LaBelle: 2d6+2 = (2+5)+2 = 9
Manipulate Hatira

GodFish fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 27, 2019

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

Ha. The Butcher Boys. It'd been a long while since I'd given them any thought. I hadn't seen any signs of Mice or Pellet in the weeks since I'd walked out on their nonsense. Had they just kept a low profile or had they finally pissed off someone less patient than I? Violence struck quickly and without warning around here so it was easy to miss tidbits like that. And ever since being saved by Flintjack my memory hadn't been as sharp as I'd prefer. Well, whatever. I'd keep an eye out for them but Corbett was my real prize. Whether handed over once LaBelle gave the ultimatum or hunted down like a dog, it didn't matter. I might even be nice enough to end it quickly for the little bastard.

Honeydew will be patient and see how LaBelle's words are received. Meanwhile, she'll stick with Flintjack in case he wants/needs something done.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Dame LaBelle: Hatira looks around, and gets closer to you to whisper. "Is it just anyone he wants to kill or specific people?" You notice she looked at the people who used to work with her in the Forgotten Stone Cafe. She's weighing the results of giving Flintjack what he wants over fighting back, but if you can make sure none of them are harmed she'll give in. The people who will die might be another matter though. What do you do?

Honeydew: Looking at the various people waiting nervously to see how things end, you see Visage - one of the people who was in the Butcher Boys. They have a pistol and it takes a moment before you recognize it. Looks like you found who took your pistol when things went to hell here before. What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Apr 27, 2019

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Dame LaBelle
Harm 0:00 | 3/5 XP | Armor: 0 | Barter 1

"A bit of both," I respond to Hatira, lowering my voice to match hers. "There are some specific people, and then he wants enough to make an impression. As long as the people you want to save aren't on the specific list we can keep them off - and there's potential room to negotiate if they are. She," I gesture at Honeydew, "has the list in mind." Turning, I wave her over so she can compare with Hatira.

(gaining 2 XP for two Hot rolls I didn't count)

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

I stared at Visage, my anger rising up again. Like a fire in my mind. That absolute...bah! My mind blanked at an appropriate epithet to apply. I took a step forward, intending to seize them and reclaim what was mine with an excess of violence when LaBelle's hand swept through my peripheral vision and I snapped back to reality. Blinking for a few moments I found myself returning to her side, but not before pointing a menacing finger at Visage as I went. I couldn't tell if they even noticed me. You'll get yours, fucker.

I returned my gaze font and center to face Hatira, eyes still blazing as I kept a lid on my calm. "You want names? Alright." I rattled off the people Springheel told me about. "If Hail Mary or any other of Madam Weevil's people are here, they can go too. Dolma and Tenzin if they got caught up in this. I know lots of people like to stop by." I glanced around, trying to recall any other faces I cared about. Nothing was coming to me. I looked back to Hatira and LaBelle. "And you two. If you have strong opinions on anyone else, make a convincing case."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: "We're working on rebuilding, no one's staying here until then," Hatira says to you. "You can have anyone who came from the Butcher Boys. They've been nothing but trouble since we started." They'll probably give the most resistance on the way down...but there's a fair number of them, enough to make the point Flintjack wants to make. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

"Fine" I eyed those lingering nearby with a narrow stare before giving Hatira a curtsy and bob of the head. "You'll want to leave quick-like. I'm done playing nice and I think Flintjack feels the same."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver

...I can feel her. Like she's looking down my very soul. I don't want to answer her question, but my mouth starts moving, whether I like it or not, as if Last is compelling me to answer truthfully. "I want... I want to be respected, like Mama. I want to have people who follow me, like she does, and all the influence she has. Mama's someone I look up to, a whole lot, and I aspire to be like. I... want to be the next Mama."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Red: "Good luck with that Red." Last smiles again and Peony is brought to you. She has chains binding her arms and chains keeping her legs together, but the man carrying her takes out a key and unlocks them. Peony patiently waits for him to set the chains aside, and he takes out a set of car keys. "Here you are Peony," he says.

"Thanks Omie Wise," she mutters as she takes the keys. He also hands her a rifle - probably got taken from her when she was captured.

Omie Wise turns to you. "Farewell Red, I suppose we'll see you again?" He bows politely.

Peony has her truck, although looking at it you see she had the seat adjusted so she could reach the pedals. "It's not great, but it lets me make it on my own without having to work for Flintjack," she grumbles. The two of you head back to Washing and there's a brief reunion. Gladd is thrilled his daughter is back, Peony seems like she's happy but conflicted (some family drama that's been going on since before she got taken you'd guess), and Gladd wants to talk about things with her back home. So the three of you head back to Tref Maer, and split ways.

But when you're going to Mama's place, to give her the good news...there's bad news. People are on edge, everyone is constantly making sure who is who in the building, and by the time you get in to see what's going on you see Mustang doing her best to convert Scrap's workplace into a recovery room - Scrap with many of her clothes taken and her vehicle she reclaimed when Royboy died gone. Mustang and her helpers are doing what they can to keep Scrap alive. She's passed out.

Mama finds you. "I hope things went real well on your side. Some gently caress came here, stabbed Scrap with a screwdriver in the neck, and took some of her stuff and car. It's real obvious who did it - Flintjack's people. Well, if they want a war, I suppose it was only a matter to time." What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 13:33 on May 5, 2019

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Dame LaBelle

Seems we've reached a settlement. Smiling slightly - though still not entirely thrilled at the events that have caught me up in the middle of my first performance, I insert myself back into the conversation for a moment. "I don't know which group she came with, but I'd prefer Pennyroyal to make it out as well." That said, I don't intend on sticking around while the fighting happens, and quickly make my way away from the scene of negotiations and oncoming firefight.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: Hatira steps away and begins talking to Jonsu in that language you don't understand. Dolma and Tenzin turn to listen in, and begin to direct the people who weren't part of the Butcher Boys away. But it doesn't take long for those people to realize something's happening.

"Where's everyone going?" Visage says as they raise their gun. The rest of them are looking around, and you see Flintjack getting the idea of what the deal is. He advances forward and takes a deep breath to ready shouting an order out. You've got a number of seconds before things get ugly. What do you do?

Dame LeBelle: Pennyroyal wasn't part of the Butcher Boys, and she takes your hand. "I told you your friend could help." She smiles, but you can see things are about to get real bad real quick. Do you get to a safe distance, try to leave, or something else?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

Time was up. My eyes slid over to where Visage was finally getting the hint, and I was not happy to see them lifting the gun. I was probably going to go to my grave reliving my near-death and I was not about to let Visage get it right this time. The boss seemed like he was going to give the kill command but I wasn't feeling it. Too generous. Might give the Butcher Boys enough time to think of something stupid to do.

Hauling the bat back I went full speed ahead, legs eating up the distance terrifyingly fast as the Louisville slugger arced towards my victim enemy victim.

Going in the bash Visage upside the head. If there is otherwise no issue, I think my Inhuman Strength and Reflexes can apply here, if you will please choose one of the options for it, Heliotrope.
@Honeydew: 2d6+0 Single Combat vs Visage = (5+2)+0 = 7
Honeydew will suffer little (-1) harm, and is dealing 4-harm, messy

Shardix fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 9, 2019

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Dame LaBelle

"Yeah," I give Pennyroyal a sideways look, but smile at her when she takes my hand. I have some questions, but, "first, lets get out of here." I have enough experience with Honeydew to tell that she's going to make a mo-there she goes. Ducking low, I hurry away, pulling Pennyroyal along with me. Really like to get out before the bullets start flying.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: You lunge forward and are on Visage before they realize what's happening, swing your bat. Again and again and again and again. The glass on their gasmask shatters and blood flows out as you smash their head over and over. They fire a few more shots, but most of them go wild as you beat them with the bat. A single shot lands in your leg and then their hand falls to the ground.

@Heliotrope: 2d6-1 Harm Move = (6+4)-1 = 9
That should be +1, which makes the result a 11
You take 1 Harm

You were raising the bat when the shot hits, and you let go of the bat as you fall to the ground. It flies off and only then do you hear and see the rest of Flintjack's gang and the Butcher Boys firing on each other. A few people on each side yell in pain, but both sides are still in fighting shape. Flintjack is looking at you and he seems kind of upset - and you realize he had his grenade launcher out but then you leapt into action and he can't really shoot it at them. He has to hold off to put it aside and take out a shotgun instead. Mercer fires his assault rifle to prevent any of the Butcher Boys from getting away. What do you do?

Dame LeBelle: The moment shots fire out, Hatira flinches. She keeps moving with the rest of you though, and you and the rest of the group soon make it to safety. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Harm 9:00 | XP 3/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3

A scream tore itself loose from my throat as the bullet hit, and I collapsed to a knee as my bat went spinning. I heaved in a ragged hissing breath and glanced over at Flintjack. He was holding that enourmous launcher with a look of annoyance and for a brief moment I could only think of hurling myself at him and latching my teeth into his throat. The urge passed as my bloodlust abated and the cacophonous roar of Mercer's rifle drowned out most of the other noise.

I slipped a hand down to my boot and pulled the glass shiv and fought my way back to my feet, the pistol I had just murdered Visage over entirely forgotten. I didn't look down - I had no desire to see the extent of the mess they had made of the muscle and bone with that last lucky shot. That my leg was willing to support my weight was enough. I ran a blood soaked hand through blood soaked hair to try and see better, peering through lank red locks at the chaos revolving around me.

@Honeydew: 2d6+1 read a sitch = (4+1)+1 = 6
Which enemy is most vulnerable to me?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: As you watch, Flintjack begins blasting through the Butcher Boys with his shotgun. They try to fight back, but even with their numbers they aren't good enough to take him down. Between that and the rest of his gang shooting them, you see one of them (Do? You think you remember her name being) crawling on the ground trying to reach her pistol. You could take her out right now. In fact, you start remembering what that razorboar tasted like and you begin to wonder if she might taste similar. All you can focus on is Do, all you can think of is raw flesh.

If you go after anyone but Do, take -1.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

My eyes caught on movement as the carnage unfolded. She was going for a gun and I didn't much like that. But more than that, I couldn't help but be enraptured by the way the muscles moved in her back and if it would be tough or stringy or gamey and I was lunging at her, one hand darting out to yank her head back and the other bringing the blade in to finish the job.

@Honeydew: 2d6+3 (+cool) go aggro = (1+6)+3 = 10

Shardix fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 13, 2019

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: You leap on Do, and yank her head back. She barely has time to scream before you cut her throat. She lets out a few wet gurgles before she stops moving or making any noises - and then you begin to bite down. You get the idea that a lot of the people here are looking at you, but Flintjack keeps shooting the Butcher Boys until they're all dead and dying. Flintjack then sits down, reloading his gun while watching you eat. The rest of his gang just silently moves around, taking the Butcher Boy's gear and trying not to say anything about what's going on. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

Warm and rich and satisfying. I had never tasted anything quite like it. I stood and ran my forearm across my mouth before it dawned on me what I had been doing. I felt light headed as I cast about for where the bat had fallen and I did my best to ignore the stares coming from those I passed by. My mind was studiously blank; I didn't want to think about any of this too hard and lose my composure. Finally finding the bat, I wiped the blade off on the hem of my dress and sheathed it before reclaiming my property and swaggering/stumbling back towards Flintjack.

"I'm sorry about that." Did my voice sound thick? I wasn't sure. I gestured towards the grande launcher. "I got carried away. I'll remember to give you room to play with that next time." I struggled to keep from shaking and I didn't want to think about that, either. I didn't want to let myself acknowledge that I had just eaten someone. I'd come face to face with that soon enough. This short, quiet moment where I did not have to answer to that reality could linger a while longer.

Honeydew is going to try and ignore what she just did as best she can for now.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Dame LaBelle

"So," Safely out of the lines of fire, I relax, dusting off a rock before sitting down on it and looking at the others who've fled with me. "now that we're safely out of there... How did you know my friend could help Pennyroyal?" And, turning to look at Hatira, I give her a sympathetic, but businesslike look. "That wasn't exactly one of my usual services, but I think getting us all out of there was a pretty impressive performance, don't you?" I'd very much like to get paid for putting my neck that far out there like I did.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: Flintjack just loads shells into his gun. "Next time, wait for me to give the order." He stands up, and leaves you with Do's chewed corpse. Everyone else begins to hurry as they take what they can from the rest of the bodies, lest they have to work alongside you.

Dame: "I was told by the Maelstrom that your friend was coming, along with Flintjack." That might explain it. Maybe. What's your experience with the Maelstrom?

Hatira nods. "Yeah. Yeah, I can pay you." She takes a small box out of her dress and begins to count out some of the metal tokens they use in Tref Maer. "I don't know if we can pay for a regular performance as well though." For a second the stoic expression on her face almost falls...but she takes a deep breath and hands you the payment. Everyone else looks disappointed, and seems to have missed that moment of vulnerability. They'll probably still talk you up though just based on how much they liked what you did before.

You get 3 Barter

-------

About a week passes. Washing is in trouble - an army lead by a woman named Last showed up and are preventing supplies from getting out or in. Mustang is in town and currently helping Mama out - maybe because she's the only one with the medical supplies Washing used to sell to the holds around it. Oddly enough, no one else is coming to their aid. Crine yells over the air about how they're clearly the aliens he talked about, but he might be the only one taking action against them - and it's just verbal action for now. He also talks up Baba, claiming she went into the Maelstrom and is planning on fighting the Forest. "So any of you who are good with that kind of stuff go find her. At this rate, the loving mole people are going to assist the aliens pretending to be human if we don't do something," he growls to his audience.

Honeydew: Flintjack didn't say anything about what happened, but the rest of his gang avoid you as much as they could during the week. Gladd came back and although Flintjack was pissed he claimed to have found a lead on his daughter and got her back. Flintjack sort of accepted it...but you couldn't help but realize that neither he nor the rest of the gang told him what's up with you. So he probably just thinks you're new and/or weird in some non-cannibal way.

Earlier today, Flintjack talked to you. "Taking on Mama is going to be harder then I thought. Seems she knows what's about to happen. There's that old woman near Anvil - let's see if she can give us an edge like Hemlock did. Maybe you can convince her." You notice he's not having you go there alone though. The two of you take your bikes and head to Baba's place. Flintjack steps forward and bends down to knock on her door. "I hope she's willing to talk outside," he dryly says as he looks at the size of the place. What do you do?

Baba: It's been about a week, and you managed to get the booby-traps up. You're still hurt from the altercation though - are you going to get help for your wounds? You've heard Mustang is in town, but who knows what happened to Scrap and what Mama is up to. You hear an incredibly loud and probably badly-maintained motorcycle getting closer, until it stops by your door and then someone knocks on it. What do you do?

Dame LaBelle: You got a decent amount of jingle, even if it wasn't for a performance. And it looks like word got around - a woman named Gnarly came up to you and said Mayor heard about you and now he wants to meet you. You do pick up that she didn't say Mayor is asking if you wanted to meet him, and he is the holder of Tref Maer. Gnarly takes you to Mama's headquarters and the two of you have to be searched. Gnarly has a small revolver and says nothing as it's taken. The woman at the door, Dustwich, begins to search you. What do you do?

Red: Scrap managed to pull through, although she apparently didn't see who attacked her. She's recovering in one of the rooms in Mama's headquarters, and the whole place is under heavier security then normal. Flintjack hasn't made an attempt to break through, but apparently he and his gang also attacked the people that took Mama's distillary. There's a lot less of them now. And Joe's Girl is trying to find out what you know about Last. She's one of Crine's listeners and wants to know what's up with the aliens. What do you make of this whole mess? Regardless, you're in the building when Gnarly shows up at the entrance with Dame LaBelle.

"Red, things went well with that Last creature, right? Will it be okay if I go there with you and ask it some things? I could tell Crine what I found out!"

What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

I glanced around idly as we stood at the door, wishing I had thought to check the new inventory after the slaughter last week. Old Lady Baba would probably be much more willing to help us if we could return the stuff Dog Head stole from her. It hadn't even dawned on me to check if the goods were still around, and Flintjack sprang this job without much warning. Well, whatever.

I scratched idly at my calf with the toe of a boot while waiting. I'd sewn up the bullet hole and it was itching like mad. Besides a low grade fever it wasn't getting any worse so I hadn't felt inclined to ask Mimi to look at it - not after the incident with Do. I wasn't sure how I felt about it myself but everyone else's opinion was clear. Well, besides the boss himself. I wasn't sure if he truly didn't care or if it was just another example of his willingness to do whatever he had to to get what he wanted.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Dame LaBelle
Harm 0:00 | 3/5 XP | Armor: 0 | Barter 4

"I see." Some people do seem to have a clearer connection to the Maelstrom than others, or claim to, but in Pennyroyal's case, I think I believe her. For me, I've never had a message straight from it, nothing so clear or concise, but sometimes I can feel the heartbeat of the Maelstrom and feel it swirling around me - dance to it's rhythm and sing along, and other times I can feel it sway to my tune. I don't know if a closer connection would be nice, or horrible. "I'll tell you what Hatira," I say as I pocket the jingle with a smile, "I'll give you all one for the road, and for life." Something to take the edge out of all of us, I think.

----

I let out a small sigh. It's good to be in demand, but it's nicer when people realize they'll get more with honey than vinegar. Eyeing Dustwich with an irritated look, I reach a hand - slowly - into my sleeve of my coat and remove the hidden pistol, handing it over. "I'll want this back dear." Smiling slightly, I turn back to the door to either enter or wait for an insisted upon further search. Until, that is, I see the new arrival. A broad smile crosses my face, and I walk away from Dustwich without a backward glance. "Red, darling~" Reaching up, I stroke her cheek with my silk gloved fingers, the other hand sliding down her arm. "I was wondering when I'd see you here. You need to stop being so hard to track down, I've missed you~"

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Baba

Well, I probably do need someone to take al ook at these wounds. I've seen better days. But first, let's see who exactly is bothering me now. I march to the door, cleaver in hand. "Who is it?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Red, the Driver

I'm pissed. That's what I think about this whole mess. Scrap is the closest thing I've got to a sister around here, and some gently caress tried to take her life. When I find whoever did this to her, I'll make them sorry for ever messing with my girl.

But whatever anger I might've been feeling slowly drains away when my angel shows up. "We can talk about it later. I've got something important I need to attend to," I tell Joe's Girl, brushing her off for now as I walk past her. "Hey babe~" My smile is just as broad as Dame's. An arm slips around her waist, my hand finding the small of her back, pulling her in closer to me, "What can I say? Thing's have been pretty wild around here lately," I bring her in for a big, long, kiss, "I missed you, too," my smile grows even wider, "So, what brings you here? Not that I'm complaining, but you sure picked a hell of a time to visit."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Dame LaBelle

"Mm~ You can tell me again." I let out something between a laugh and a groan. "I heard about the Cafe and Sap getting shut down," letting her hold me close, I bring my lips down to her neck, nuzzling against it and kissing it lightly, "and thought there'd be interest in some new entertainment." Sighing into her skin, I run my hand through her hair, curling a lock of red around my finger. "I wasn't wrong, but things are a bit closer to the edge than I expected. But I'm sure you'll look after me, won't you darling?" Guiding her head in as I raise mine, this time it's my turn to give her a long kiss. "More specifically, I'm here here, to meet the Mayor. Care to join me?" Slipping my hand down to around her waist, I lead her over towards Dustwich.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Dame LeBelle: "Mayor would like to see you with me. Your girlfriend can wait for you." Gnarly motions for the two of you to separate. Dustwitch finishes searching you. "Don't worry, your gun will be returned to you when you leave." As you enter, you see what was once a place of business is preparing for a war. Gnarly seats next to you at what seems to be a conference room. You here Mama and Mayor talking, her a bit angry and his calm.

"I heard you got a good singing voice," Gnarly says. "Please be careful. Last thing we need is something good being taken away." What do you do?

Red: Dustwitch waves you in. "No need for the check, you're one of us. But there's one of Mustang's assistants asking about you. Says they need to talk to you in private. Go to Scrape's room, that where they're talking care of her." What do you think is going on? Joe's Girl also tried to waves you over, clearly hoping to get you to set up a meeting with Last. What do you do?

Baba: You see a giant, well armed man bending down standing next to a masked woman who seems very familiar - you get the idea you've met her before, even if you can't exactly remember off the top of your head where. "You're Baba, right?" He steps back and waits for you to follow outside. "I'm Flintjack. I'd like your help, and I can help you out in return." What do you do?

Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jun 5, 2019

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Dame LaBelle

Giving Red a goodbye kiss, I head into the room after Gnarly, looking around the room with a definite sense of misplacement. A war room... she'd been in such places before, certainly, but usually as a companion, not as... whatever I was, here. Not that that had stopped me from giving input and changing the course of events, but I wasn't expected to do it. Taking a seat, I look at the figures of importance arguing - or discussing - with each other, before looking to Gnarly. "I'll keep that in mind, but why exactly am I here?" Turning my gaze back to Mama and the Mayor, it seems to me they'll turn their attention to me soon enough, and I'd like to have a feel for the situation before then.

quote:

@Dame LaBelle: 2d6+1 read a stitch = (6+6)+1 = 13
This might be reading a person, I'm not sure. If it's a Stitch, I'll ask
What should I be on the lookout for?
What’s my enemy’s true position?
Who’s in control here?

If it's read a person, I'll ask 'What's the mayor really feeling'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Baba

"That I am." I take a step back and gesture with my head for them to come in. "Sit down, I'll get some hooch." I've learned that expressing basic hospitality puts people at ease and makes them more trusting. Soon enough we are sitting down on a table with a tin cup full of my homemade bathtub moonshine each. I take a long sip as I study them.

"So what's your offer, Flintjack?"

quote:

Got a 12 on my Read a Person roll.