Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Hemlock: You avoid the branches with ease, your foot out of their hold before they can get a good grip on you. As you approach the closest machine you can see the branches jamming themselves into the gears. But as you look closer you can see that the gears, while metal, are shaped like people. It takes you a moment to recognize some of them - you've seen them around Tref Maer. An alarm is going off, but nothing is happening to stop the Forest. Then, as you blink, you suddenly come back to the cafe with Honeydew, Jayna, and Jonsu all looking at you. What do you do?

Honeydew and Jayna: Jonsu moves her gaze form Jayna to Hemlock. A look of concern comes over her face. "No, regular coffee." She waves her hand in front of Hemlock's face, and looks to where some of the other customers who did take Sap are lying down to see if there's room for her. But then Hemlock suddenly comes to. What do you do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew
Cool +3 | Hard-1 | Hot +1 | Sharp+1 | Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 4/5 | Armor 1 | Barter 3

"You back with us?" I wasn't a fan. Not a bit. Hemlock spacing out like that it did not speak well for her reliability. But so long as I wasn't counting on her in a firefight, I could deal with it. I stretched luxuriously before finishing off my drink and planting the mug on the table with a loud thunk.

"I think I'll go stretch my legs, see what's happening in the hold today. I'll be in touch." I stood and moved behind Exit before pausing and flicking my eyes towards Jayna and giving her a nod. "I'll appreciate it if we all keep our conversation to ourselves. That includes you, small lady." I gave Exit a squeeze on her shoulder and a sisterly kiss on the head. I leaned in and whispered in her ear, "And be careful. It's fine to refuse to take anybody's poo poo but if you get yourself killed, I won't be able to let you shoot that grenade launcher."

I waited a moment for my companions to say their piece while casting an idle glance at Springheel. I was still undecided on her. I could respect her attitude of seeing something she liked and going right for it...

Just not when that thing was mine.

Shardix fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 19, 2018

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Jayna the Gunlugger
Cool +1 | Hard+2 | Hot -1| Sharp+1 |Wierd 0
Harm 0:00 | XP 2/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

"That happen often?" Jayna relaxes as Hemlock returns to the land of the living, and things appear to be calming down.

"See you around Honeydew, unless you want to join me in playing dodgeball with pistolpines?"

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

I chewed my lip a bit and toyed with a strand of hair as I considered the offer. "...Sure, why not? I owe you one."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Cool -1 | Hard =0 | Hot +1 | Sharp +1 | Weird +2
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 4/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

I shake my head, "Might want to take a sniff at the beans, Jonsu, I caught a hint of somethin' before I went on a trip. Ain't sure if it was just a bad'un or if somethin' got in the lot." I look over at the danger ladies, who must've gotten all buddy-buddy when I was seein' what ain't there, and I say, "Well, have fun with that. You find anything worth pawnin' off, I ain't about to say no to a little barter. Gotta get some face time with Shi Shi 'fore I take off, though."

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Jayna the Gunlugger

"Thanks Honeydew, the ones I want to clear out are just about 5 clicks north of Anvil. You and Springheel meet me there around 2 hours past dawn, and we can clear them out. Honeydew and I will play dodgeball, Springheel you get to light them on fire. "

Jayna gets up from the table, "Good luck with Shi Shi, Hemlock, he was acting wierd earlier."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Time passes.

Honeydew and Jayna: It's after dawn, the three of you have met at the spot. Or rather, the two of you came and saw Springheel was already there. Whether she got here shortly before you or she's just been waiting longer you can't tell. Regardless, you're currently able to watch the pistolpines walking around. They haven't noticed you yet so you have time to formulate a plan on handling them. What do you do?

Hemlock: It takes longer then it should for Shi Shi to get back, but once he does you're able to talk to him. You let him know you'd like the wiring materials and he agrees to try and find some for you. It'll take a while and who knows what he'll want in the future, but you can cross that bridge when you get to it.

After heading outside, you get to the marketplace of Tref Maer before the sound of a motorcycle attracts your attention. "Hey! Hey Hemlock! Hey!" You see Li doing a wheelie and also heading towards you. You also see a lot of the merchants looking annoyed but not saying anything. "Flintjack wants you to come by and pick up the parts." How do the two of you know each other? "Hop on!" What do you do?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jayna the Gunlugger

Jayna smiles at both Springheel and Honeydew, "Thanks for showing up. So my plan was to go get their attention, and play dodge the projectile pine cones, it takes a minute or two for them to be able to release the next round, which should give Springheel the time necessary to light one on fire and get the hell away. Rinse and repeat until they are all on fire. Best I can do since I'm all out of explosives. Anyone have a bright idea to improve the plan?"

Jayna surveys the area while waiting for responses.

Read a sitch result of 8, What should I be on the lookout for?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

"Sounds good to me. Do we want to take turns, or both of us do our dance at the same time and split their focus?" I started doing stretches as I queried Jayna. Now was decidedly not the time to risk a muscle cramp. As I did so, I eyed Springheel carefully. I wasn't certain she was the most trustworthy person to be slinging fire around...especially considering how flammable I was. I cocked my head in her direction as worked out the tension in my calves.

"Hey, wolf girl. You wanted to touch my hair, right? You make sure not to set me on fire and you can touch it all you like. Sound good?"

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jayna the Gunlugger

"Same time makes sense, Honeydew."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jayna: Pistolpines like to pretend to be like normal trees and often wait for their prey to come to them. They can be a bit smarter then you'd expect, and often one or more will avoid firing with the rest in case of a false alarm or trick. They're moving rather slowly right now, which helps them detect things moving close by. So you're gonna need to be real quick or real sneaky to prevent them from thinking you're a threat or meal before you strike. What do you do?

Honeydew: Springheel looks surprised before grinning with delight. "Yes! Very good!" She starts eyeing your hair, as if imagining what it'll feel like. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 4/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

Aight, yeah, Li ain't half-bad. That bike of hers? My work. You can tell by the way it purrs, not like Flintjack's load of rustbuckets. I say, "gently caress, why not. If he's got the poo poo, I can get started. How's she been running?" I hop on behind Li, then give her bike a bit of a feel. Solid work. Well-used, might need a tune-up soon. Might cut her a deal, maybe, since I ain't thinking she's gonna treat her wrong. "And does he got something to carry it all with? I didn't bring a truck or nothin'."

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

I moved off a ways, giving Jayna plenty of space. Wouldn't do for us to stay too close together and risk getting nailed by an attack aimed at the other.

"On your mark, boss lady." I loosened my weapons in their holsters, just in case. Fat lot of good they would do against trees but it made me feel better.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jayna the Gunlugger

"Honeydew, Wait for a 15 count before going, lets make sure we don't have any lurkers."

Jayna takes a deep breath nods to Springheel and Honeydew and then sprints in a vaguely zig-zag pattern into the attack range of the pistol pines.

I guess I'm rolling Act under fire? woops got a 5 not marking potential, as we are not playing Dungeon World, woops.

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Sep 24, 2018

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

"Aye." I stood at attention, eyes surveying the area. Something was off but I couldn't be sure just what. Maybe it was just the way the breeze felt on my skin. Too much tension in it, a promise of an electric shock if left to build up.

"Jayna, hit the dirt!" I called a warning before sprinting off myself, kicking up dirt and hopefully catching the attention of any stragglers.

@Honeydew: 2d6+3 aid Jayna = (6+3)+3 = 12

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Hemlock: "Doing fine!" She revs the bike and speeds off, zipping past surprised people and starts heading towards Flintjack's camp. From what you can see and tell, she's right. "He pulled in some favor, got someone to lend him this small truck. They should be done loading it up by now I think." She heads down the route to Lana, where Flintjack and his people keep the road safe from razorboars in exchange for being allowed to charge a toll for whoever wants to use it. She pauses for a moment. "Everything's fine with the bike, right? Nothing's wrong as far as I can tell but you have like, a sixth sense or whatever with this stuff." What do you do?

Jayna: As the pistolpines become aware of your presence, they turn in order to hit you with their pine cones. They have a wide area covered, and you hesitate for a split second. Honeydew's warning and distraction gives you a moment to spot a possible opening right before they open fire.

The pistolpines inflict 2 harm and are a small gang, so they inflict 3 harm. Your armor reduces that to 1

@Heliotrope: 2d6+1 Harm roll = (1+2)+1 = 4

You take no harm

Several of the pinecones slam into you but thankfully your kevlar keeps you safe. But as you dive away from the shots, you fail to roll properly and tumble to the ground. One of the nearby pistolpine's branches suddenly reach down and wrap around your foot, holding in a surprisingly hard grip. Some of the roots lift up from the ground and you see several mouths with razor sharp teeth underneath them. What do you do?

Honeydew: Jayna tricks the pistolpines into firing, but stumbles and one has her leg. Springheel is looking at you. "Do I use the fire now?" What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead
Harm: 0:00 | XP: 0/5 | Armor: 1 | Barter: 5

I say, "I mean, sounds like it, but it won't take more'n a hot second to double check. Lemme listen to her purr for a bit." I pat the side of the bike, leaning against Li to get up closer to the engine, and I say, "Hey, babe, how's the road treatin' ya? Y'ain't been lettin' any belts run ragged, yeah?"

I mean, yeah, I'm talkin' to a fuckin' motorbike while we're screamin' down the road and Li probably thinks I'm full bugnuts instead of half, like usual. Just another day in the life, ain't even close to the weirdest thing I've done.

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 7:06 PM
@Hemlock: 2d6+2 things speak = (1+5)+2 = 8

What's wrong with this, and how might I fix it? +XP and I advance.

Taking Healing Touch from the Angel. People are just like fleshy machines, right?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Hemlock: "Oh finally," the bike says to you. "Tell that idiot who works on us that he's not supposed to remove my brake fluid unless he's replacing it. He doesn't even do it to anyone else." Sounds like the guy who's supposed to maintain the bikes in Flintjack's gang has it out for Li. What do you do?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead

I say, "Well, poo poo. Take it easy on the brakes, Li, 'cause whatever fucker does maintenance for Flint's pack has been drainin' it dry. You poo poo in his cereal or somethin'?" I don't exactly have that poo poo on hand, 'specially not fresh from the cafe, but it ain't a spendy fix. Hell, she could probably do it herself if she knew where the brake fluid was in Flintjack's shop. "Sounds like it's been goin' on for a bit, so any other rando problems that popped up are probably that rear end's fault too."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Hemlock: "What the gently caress Bitcoin?!" Li starts to slow down. "I knew he wanted Rum but she and I are together now. Fuckhead." She thinks for a moment. "I don't recall anything else going on but maybe you could give it a check?" She pauses to think again. "Actually, let's bring this to Flintjack. What proof can you give him? 'Cause Flintjack will kill him for that and that'll be a good way to start the day, you know?" She pauses for a third time, as if something just occured to her. "We'd need someone else to look after the bikes though...hmm. Might make killing him a bit harder." What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

"Aim for a mouth!" I yelled to Springheel as I slid to a stop. Not the best idea considering how open I'd left myself, but Jayna needed a hand - immediately. Drawing my pistols, I took a shooting stance and spit fire at the branch around Jayna's ankle and toothy maws revealed by the upturned roots. Small arms might not be enough to put a pistolpine down for the count, but it should be more than enough to make it extremely inconvenient to chow down on my partner.

@Honeydew: 2d6-1 lay down fire = (2+6)-1 = 7
You provide covering fire, allowing Jayna to move or act freely.
You provide supporting fire, giving Jayna +1 choice to their own battle move

Shardix fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 26, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead

I shrug, "Not really. I mean, maybe if you get me some time with his workspace. I don't really do proof, though, I just kind of know things. Ain't really something I have to worry about when I'm fixing up kit, y'know?"

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Hemlock: "Hmmm," Li says. She thinks for one final time. "Well, if you figure out some way of proving what he's doing I'd really appreciate it. Guess Flintjack could always get someone else if he decides to kill him. Probably better to be down a mechanic who wants to kill you I guess." She slows down, ahead of the stop in case the brakes stop working. She begins waving, and you see several guards on the road wave her by. She takes you to a place where Flintjack's gang has carved an encampment out of this small section of the Forest. There's even a small wooden building set up as some sort of cheap garage. You see a small truck with UHAUL written on it - and near that, sitting on a stump trying his hand at making a woodcarving figurine with a knife is Flintjack. He looks up at the noise, and grins.

"Ah! Hemlock, good to see you." He gets up, the many many weapons he's carrying clinking against each other. His coat barely covers his body armor, somehow made to his rather large size. He walks over as Li parks her bike, reaching a giant hand forward to shake yours. "Real glad you decided to accept my offer. I can even show you the thing we got if you'd like - but it'll stay here until that grenade launcher comes to my hands." What do you do?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jayna the Gunlugger

"poo poo,loving tree, git off!"

Jayna hacks at the branches holding her foot with her machete. In seconds her foot is free and she scrambles away from the mouths. It's hard to tell the emotions of trees, but it appears the trees might be a bit frightened of the woman with the big knife.

As she gets up on into a defensive stance she looks at Honeydew, "Thanks 'Dew. I owe you. "

Rolling to fight my way free. @Jayna: 2d6+3 fight my way free battle move = (1+6)+3 = 10, choosing freedom, inflict terrible harm, and frighten your enemy.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jayna: You cut through the branch holding you, and some kind of sap-like fluid flows out. It has the familiar coppery scent of blood but with a sugary sweet odor mixed in. The pistolpine manages to get a few bites in, but it has to settle for whatever it can reach and your armor blocks the worst of it.

You inflict 4-harm on the pistolpine, minus 1 for it's armor for a total of 3-harm. It inflicts 2 harm on you, minus 3 for your armor and SBF result for a total of -1.

Your next couple of hacks produce the same fluid, cutting deep into the bark. You hear a low groaning noise as the pistolpine decides to go back to the rest of the group, but begins to slow down. The other ones are focused on Springheel, who's throwing kerosense on them. A couple of them reach out but she dodges the branches. They're giving her a bit of hard time though and she can't get into range to throw kerosene onto the rest of them without putting herself in danger of getting grabbed. What do you do?

Honeydew: Your shots help Jayna free herself and chop up the pistolpine. But you see a couple of them moving around Springheel and heading to you. What do you do?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jayna the Gunlugger

Okay Jayna get your poo poo together, you are not letting some trees fuckin' win. You have this. "Yo, Springheel, keep spraying the kerosene, we'll get these boys lit in a second."

Jayna starts back towards the trees.

"Hey, Hey, don't you want a piece of me?" gently caress the mayor, I'm screaming at a tree now.

Jayna dashes towards Springheel, and chops away at pine branches that are getting too close to the wolf-girl, and screaming curses as the sap flies whenever the machete connects with a branch.

@Jayna: 2d6+2 defend Springheel from attack = (5+5)+2 = 12, protect Springheel from harm, inflict terrible harm, suffer little harm.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead

I say, "Well, I'll do what I can, Li. Ain't right what he's doin' to 'em."

Nothing much happens past that, not 'til I see the man himself. Goddamn, you'd have to forgive me for thinkin' I was lookin' at a shed or something. gently caress me, ain't thinkin' that Honeydew is going to have an easy time with this one. Still, eh, she's good at guns and stuff. Knows what she's doing, right? I say, "Yeah, gently caress, I wouldn't say no to gettin' a look at it. Actually, first off, bit of a freebie since this is a big-rear end order. Li's bike's a bit on the fritz, heard a whine where I shouldn't on the way, you got a spot where I can give it a once-over?"

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

My shots slowed down to the occasional round fired towards an overzealous branch. It was hard to do anything else while witnessing Jayna screaming bloody vengeance at the bastards. An impressive display, and once again I had to admit an inward relief that she wasn't going to pursue a vendetta against me. I was quick on my feet and clever at defusing or escaping tricky situations. The gunlugger, though? That was too much fury to comfortably call down on my own head.

As I maneuvered, I caught sight of a few errant branches sneaking through the underbrush towards me. Clever little shits. I let loose a few rounds to dissuade them as I carefully picked a path to bring me back towards Springheel.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Hemlock: Flintjack shrugs. "Sure, go ahead." He points to the wooden building. "Bring it there, tell Bitcoin I said you're allowed in." He turns to some of his people and says "Get the thing we found, bring it here." They move off, and Li brings her bike to the building. She watches you, waiting to follow your cue as the two of you head inside.

The place is simple and bare except for the tools needed to work on the motorcycles here. Li moves hers inside, and who must be Bitcoin glares at her with disdain as he finishes working on another bike. He looks at you, trying to figure out who you are and what your deal is. "Can I help you?" In arms reach of him is a sawed-off shotgun. What do you do?

Jayna: As you launch your attack the pistolpines are forced to pay attention to you, giving Springheel enough time to douse them with the gas and ready the makeshift flamethrower. They try to grab you with their branches, but those aren't as sharp as their teeth - or your machete. The one you hacked earlier seems to have stopped moving.

You inflict 4 harm on them, minus 2 for their armor and size for a total of 2 harm. They inflict 2 harm on you, minus 3 for your armor and SBF choice

They huddle together, the scent of their sap flooding the air - which is a mistake when Springheel unleashes fire on them. The air fills with the sounds of groans, creaks, and popping noises. Honeydew makes it over to you the pistolpines burn. What do you do?

Honeydew: You see Springheel splashing gas on the ones trying to follow you back as you regroup, and after she ignites the group Jayna was busy with turns it on the two coming after you. She grins, drool coming out of her mouth as an odd smell of burning meat fills the air. What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

I eyed the area, wary of a counter attack. Nothing. It seemed the pistolpines only had the one attack in them. Considering how easy it could be to wander into a patch of them though, a single attack was usually all they needed.

Turning my attention to the barbecue, I couldn't help but smile. I'd like to hope that when I blow Prim's brains out I can be as excited as Springheel was about setting these bastards to burn. Holstering my weapons I called out to her. "Yeah! gently caress 'em up!" An exaggerated hop over a burning, thrashing branch and I stood next to Jayna. Fists on my hips, I gave a decisive nod. "Good work, boss lady."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Honeydew: You hear Springheel walk to you after ensuring they all burn. "Maybe we eat them together?" She reaches out to touch your hair, like you promised she could if she didn't set you on fire. What do you do?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jayna the Gunlugger
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

I grin at Honeydew, "You've got steady hands and a clear head, rare qualities these days. My day could have gone pretty badly without your pistols. You ever need my sort of help, let me know. "

"Springheel, what exactly are you planning to eat from them?"

I closer at the flaming trees, "why does it smell like burning meat?"

Pulling a rag out of my pocket, I wipe my face and machete clean.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead

I say, "Yeah, Flintjack said I could take a look at Li's bike. Some idiot left the brake lines empty and drat near wrecked it up, so I'm gonna top her off and give it a once over." A brief pause. "I take it you're the bike guy?"

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

I swept my eyes across the burning copse, wrinkling my nose against the smell. I hated that my stomach growled hungrily in spite of everything. "Pistolpines aren't actually plants, I think. Or if they are they aren't made out of normal plant things. Under those inches of bark, it's all meat and teeth and stomach. Supposedly what would be the heartwood in a regular tree is uh, the sweetmeats. Dense and very nourishing if you can ignore literally everything else about where it came from."

Turning my head away, I caught Springheel hovering next to me, her eyes gleaming covetously. "I promised. Go ahead. Just don't pull, please."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Hemlock: "Yeah, I'm the bike guy." He looks at you and Li. "I can assure you everything's fine unless Li did something to it. But if you have to look it over, I guess you can." He says this as if he's granting you a favor. What do you do?

Honeydew: Springheel takes ahold of your hair, and begins stroking it, feeling it and dirtying it. But she seems real happy about finally being able to touch it and at least she's not pulling. What do you do?

Jayna: Springheel nods at Honeydew's words. "They pretend to be trees. But they're not. Just things that copy the Forest." While fondling Honeydew's hair, she looks at the pistolpines in anticipation of her next meal. What do you do?

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jayna the Gunlugger
Harm 0:00 | XP 0/5 | Armor 2 | Barter 1

"Sweetmeats aren't normally my thing, but I'll try a pistolpine heart, can't be worse than when I try to cook for myself."

leaning back against a tree I watch the fire continue to burn. I could feel the adrenaline still pumping through my system, the shakes would hit soon, but at least with it all over I can just lean against the tree and wait for it to pass.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Hemlock, the Savvyhead

I say, "Aight, cool." Dude's a dick and a bike-wrecker besides, but I am in his space. Ain't gonna pretend otherwise. I say, "C'mon, Li, bring 'er over here. Gonna take a minute or two to do a full check. And... hm. Can you grab the tiny wrench, there?"

Of course, I've got my own tools. Can't ask those about the weird poo poo Bitcoin's been up to, though, now can I?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Hemlock: As Li reaches out to take the wrench, Bitcoin grabs it before she can reach it. He pauses, and then begins to hand it to you. "Some reason you can't use your own?" What do you do?

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.
Honeydew

Jayna seemed on the up and up. Appreciative of aid, willing to ignore an offense when it didn't help her. Nevertheless, I was leery of playing any nicer than I currently was. If she was of a like mind to my own this politeness would last exactly as long as it was useful for her, and not a second longer. I could certainly respect that...I just needed to remember not to leave myself vulnerable. Physically or emotionally.

"I've heard that you're supposed to eat the heart while it's still hot. Devouring the strength of your foes while it's still strong, that kind of thing."

I flicked an eye to Springheel. She seemed lost in her own world, but she was being respectful so I'd let her be. Wanting to toy with my hair was far from the strangest thing anybody had asked of me. If I didn't want the attention I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of growing it out and maintaining it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Jayna and Honeydew: Springheel stops stroking Honeydew's hair for a moment. "I'll get it," she says while taking out a knife. She leans down to the closest pistolpine and begins cutting into it. The blood-sap sprays over her, but she doesn't stop and keeps cutting away until she's able to peel away the softer bits under the bark-like skin. She continues cutting, until she finds something and pulls out a dark, wooden looking circular object. "Here it is!" She bites into it with delight, and then looks at you two. "Oh. Here." She offers the rest of the heart to you two. What do you do?